Final Fantasy XIV Official Discussion Thread

August 27, 2010 @ 00:10:05 AM
yo hook up that buddy pass if you get it smokeyface

on the real though tl;dr. it was getting too technical on mmo game mechanics.

once SWTOR and GW 2 come out im dippin this game so feed me a buddy passsss
August 27, 2010 @ 00:12:47 AM
yo hook up that buddy pass if you get it smokeyface

on the real though tl;dr. it was getting too technical on mmo game mechanics.

once SWTOR and GW 2 come out im dippin this game so feed me a buddy passsss

Lol, in short.
XP is bullshit, it's just a grind. If you are level 1 you can only do level 1 things. If you are level 1.5 you can STILL only do level 1 things. When you obtain level 2, you will be able to do level 2 things. With their new formula for classes they are changing your grind, you are now rewarded for any advancing you do, but they still do not want to to level to quickly so they stop you from gaining it.

It's really interesting and kind of makes sense when you look at it like that.
Too bad SWTOR and GW 2 still has a long time man.
August 27, 2010 @ 00:27:28 AM
so basically, you get rewarded for any advancements, but they restrain you if you advance too much/fast within the alloted amount of time given to you.

now that you put it that way, it doesn't sound that bad once you get to higher tiers of "levels", its as if they completely nerfed the idea of levels and just reward you with the amount of exp you have. I like that idea, but not the time constraints its given. especially real world time constraints. fuck that.

does this apply to only one character on your account? or all your characters? Because if its just for one character, I'd be fine with it, gives me time to balance out my other classes instead.
August 27, 2010 @ 00:34:24 AM
so basically, you get rewarded for any advancements, but they restrain you if you advance too much/fast within the alloted amount of time given to you.

now that you put it that way, it doesn't sound that bad once you get to higher tiers of "levels", its as if they completely nerfed the idea of levels and just reward you with the amount of exp you have. I like that idea, but not the time constraints its given. especially real world time constraints. fuck that.

does this apply to only one character on your account? or all your characters? Because if its just for one character, I'd be fine with it, gives me time to balance out my other classes instead.

It only affects one character, buuuuuuuuuuuuuut. Square only wants you to use one character. It's 13 dollars a month for ONE character, 2 dollars more for every character you make.

Imo, you should still be able to level as quick as you want. Some people like to max out as many characters as possible, as fast as they can. Why kill that play style?
August 27, 2010 @ 00:50:39 AM
ok that killed it. i have to pay for more charcters? no thanks. I like having versatility with my mmos but I'll still take that buddy pass haha

dat hypocrisy

2 posts are hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

August 27, 2010 @ 09:28:38 AM
ok that killed it. i have to pay for more charcters? no thanks. I like having versatility with my mmos but I'll still take that buddy pass haha

dat hypocrisy

Yeeaah. Square doesn't really understand how Americans play games, pay for games, or really anything about Americans. They just change the language of their game and sell it here.

In Asia people usually only play one character and don't get a month long pass, they pay for the time they play. Mainly because a lot of people don't own personal computers so they visit internet cafes and shit and play it there.
August 27, 2010 @ 10:30:12 AM
Yeeaah. Square doesn't really understand how Americans play games, pay for games, or really anything about Americans. They just change the language of their game and sell it here.

In Asia people usually only play one character and don't get a month long pass, they pay for the time they play. Mainly because a lot of people don't own personal computers so they visit internet cafes and shit and play it there.

did you play FFXI?
almost everyone that played had more then 1 character (mule)

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

August 27, 2010 @ 17:41:05 PM
Originally posted by Inactive User
did you play FFXI?
almost everyone that played had more then 1 character (mule)

I did, I played from the beginning but never did end game. I was pretty young when that shit came out.
But yeah I understand what you mean, I stand by my original point though, Japanese players don't make alot of characters like Westerners do.

Edit: Just found this link explaining the fatigue system better. http://thisismyjoystick.com/editorials/final-fantasy-xiv-how-the-fatigue-system-really-works/
August 27, 2010 @ 22:32:03 PM
August 27, 2010 @ 22:45:03 PM
Just gotta dedicate your self to your character. Seriously, starting a new MMO can be really boring at first but give it a week and you'll be hooked.
August 28, 2010 @ 02:48:04 AM
i've never played XI and I'm probably going to pick up XIV because it will probably be the only way i can quit WoW. does FF have multiple servers spread across different regions like WoW?

I look how you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable and most importantly, I am free in all the ways you are not.

August 28, 2010 @ 14:33:54 PM
I played FFXI and I really really hope that FFXIV isn't the same..

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

August 29, 2010 @ 02:58:18 AM
i've never played XI and I'm probably going to pick up XIV because it will probably be the only way i can quit WoW. does FF have multiple servers spread across different regions like WoW?

No. American players play with European/Asian players same as with FF XI. I never really played with Japanese players so you'll have to ask Infamous for how it played out in FF XI. In terms of quality for the sever it'll be about as good as WoW's. I haven't played an MMO that had bad servers since maybe that Star Trek MMO.

I played FFXI and I really really hope that FFXIV isn't the same..

The game plays a lot like FFXI. For instance, they want you to level multiple classes on one character, they would prefer you used a gamepad. Those two things come off top, obviously the races are the same. I don't think we know enough about the class system to tell if a lot of the same classes are there.

i hope its really similar to FFXI cause i loved that shit. i really hope they come correct with the music but then again when doesnt FF have awesome music?

Yeah man judging from the song they used for the latest trailer they're still on top when it comes to in game music. People jizz over WoW's music and shit but honestly FFXI and EQ2 have the best music in any MMO I've played.

August 30, 2010 @ 21:15:56 PM
I've left mine charging for months now by accident.
:/

So I guess I'm getting those boots.

August 31, 2010 @ 09:11:00 AM
nope got postponed but i'm dl'ing now anyways. got dat e-mail
August 31, 2010 @ 14:01:34 PM
Originally posted by Inactive User
nope got postponed but i'm dl'ing now anyways. got dat e-mail

yeah man it's an 8 gig download. tongueface

September 03, 2010 @ 08:09:55 AM
http://entry.ffxiv.com/
they're sending out codes today so be sure to sign up.

Use their torrent, don't use the client. It moves at snails pace.
OR read this http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/12719-open-beta-megauploadutorrent-links-install-instructions/

Enjoy it guys, tell us what class/race you play.

Also what server is HB going to play on?
September 05, 2010 @ 00:30:14 AM
what world are yall playing on???
September 05, 2010 @ 01:49:27 AM
got accepted and downloading
smokeyfacesmokeyface

HB CLAN WAS GOOD!?
September 05, 2010 @ 15:49:36 PM
got accepted and downloading
smokeyfacesmokeyface

HB CLAN WAS GOOD!?

YUSS
I'm trying to install now between doing homework and shit.
Seriously guys: HB Fam Linkshell let's do it.

What classes do you guys usually play in MMOs?
I'm usually always a healer. Allows me to fuck over people that make me mad. >smh
September 05, 2010 @ 17:09:59 PM
pretty sure i picked a monk, i was honestly just going from looks lolll. just started it up and went thru the first cutscene/fight then quit. but characters look pretty sexy

September 05, 2010 @ 23:58:46 PM
if you start on the PC, then later play on the PS3 - are you able to carry over characters?
Please login first to reply.
x