Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
September 6, 2010 @ 05:03 PM
nemesi5

this is already out suprised
September 6, 2010 @ 07:25 PM
SantaDuJuan

yeah that wouldnt be an issue at all its my PC's specs that are holding me back.

and yes lets all make sure we get on the same server.

Still wouldn't hurt to try it out. I don't know I didn't bench test or anything on my MBP and just tried it.
September 7, 2010 @ 12:27 AM
lovester

as i watched the trailer last night FFXIV looks interesting, high-end graphics and fantastic music. Will have to play this on PC until the PS3 version comes out.. damn I can’t wait!
September 7, 2010 @ 02:38 AM
unknown force.

i wouldn't pay much attention to cutscenes in this game tho. i think there was like 10 of them in all of FF11 loll

first name: Who
last name: Dat
September 7, 2010 @ 11:44 AM
SantaDuJuan

i wouldn't pay much attention to cutscenes in this game tho. i think there was like 10 of them in all of FF11 loll

first name: Who
last name: Dat

World?
September 12, 2010 @ 11:45 PM
SantaDuJuan

Damn, no one playing this but me?

Well, the game isn't really that good. On some levels it's amazing. Such as cutscenes, battle animations, the overall complexity of the game. Oh and the graphics are amazzzzzzzinnngggg. You just need a super computer to really see it at it's true beauty.

On other levels it's fucking terrible. It's difficult to even talk to other players in the game. No Auction House is just stupid. Seriously there's no good resoning behind that. The lockout on the leve system to me makes no sense. It's just annoying. It wouldn't be so bad if the mobs weren't so far apart. The game runs kind of shitty on my computer which makes no sense. I don't have a powerhouse but I have a pretty good laptop. Using a mouse with the game will just make you mad. No seriously, try it.
September 13, 2010 @ 08:00 AM
SantaDuJuan

wtf no auction house?

Yeaaaahhh.
I can't really explain it but they have a bazaar type system which makes it extremely hard to find items. You just have to "browse" around until you find it. sad

If it ran better on my computer I'd probably buy it. But as it is now, my computer gets warmer while playing WoW. I don't understand it.
September 13, 2010 @ 11:07 PM
SantaDuJuan

www.youtube.com/watch?v=abE09-tqhoM&feature=player_embedded

the fatigue system explained, i aint mad at dat.

Fatigue system isn't bad at all. It just limits you from gaining mad character levels. But those really don't matter at all. It's the class level that determines what content you can do.

Someone make the linkshell and invite a
September 14, 2010 @ 12:25 PM
SantaDuJuan

Biiiiiiiiig update ladies: www.ffxivcore.com/topic/17035-final-fantasy-xiv-pre-launch-event-coverage/
Some highlights, because I know you all are lazy.

- Hardware mouse!
- Faster menues
- The timer for guildleves will be shorter. I'm assuming 8 a day.
- Max level will be 50
- More hairstyles, with a barbershop in game.
- The ability to damage certain parts of monsters you fight
- "We believe that the item selection interface should be very responsive, and by release we will have introduced a MUCH improved version. After release we will continue improving this. " (Square)

What worries me is...still no auction house and we have no idea how long it'll take for it to get in game. So far the bazaar system is a total cluster fuck.
September 16, 2010 @ 12:39 PM
SantaDuJuan

Just confirmed to support 3D on the PS3

I really wonder how it's going to look on the PS3 period.
I can't see it looking nearly as good as it does on PC. Even on a mid range PC but hey, Square has surprised me before.
September 20, 2010 @ 09:51 AM
calintz

chocobos are now called horse birds in japanese

Most noticeably, “Chocobo” (チョコボ – chokobo) was renamed to “馬鳥,” a meaningless word combining the character for “horse” with that for “bird.”

wtf

apparently unchanged for english release tho
September 20, 2010 @ 11:51 AM
Phlipstar

www.youtube.com/watch?v=abE09-tqhoM&feature=player_embedded

the fatigue system explained, i aint mad at dat.

Sounds piff...

Man, sucks that I might have to wait for the PS3 version.

Anyone try playing this on a macbook on bootcamp?
September 20, 2010 @ 07:31 PM
unknown force.

my laptop runs it kekekeke
September 20, 2010 @ 10:41 PM
SantaDuJuan

good luck with that. it'll be hard to find a macbook that meets the requirements. most desktops are having trouble running it.

What kind of Macbook do you have? Seriously it can run on any MBP.
I can run it on mine just fine, granted it's not the highest quality but it runs well. I have a 15inch late 08 MBP.
September 21, 2010 @ 10:44 AM
SantaDuJuan

i dont use a macbook but i have a laptop with the same specs as the late 08 MBP. I guess what makes you able to run it over my laptop is the dedicated graphic card

Damn, probably. That sucks mang, oh well I guess you can join my company when the PS3 comes out. sad
September 22, 2010 @ 08:23 AM
calintz

September 22, 2010 @ 08:23 AM
SantaDuJuan

I don't know I'm not good with hardware and shit like that.
www.ffxivcore.com/forum/70-technical-support/
Ask in there, IMO the best forum for FFXIV.

PS, XP may not be a good choice on OS. You can't run Windower in XP. Windower is an addon that allows FFXIV to run fullscreen while still in window mode. Presently if you try to minimize it will close FFXIV. Annoying as shit.
September 22, 2010 @ 09:45 AM
unknown force.

gateway p6860fx

1.83gz cpu is the only thing holding me down if at all
4gb ram
geforce 8800m GTS with custom driverz

if i wanted to get better performance i could upgrade the CPU to a t9300 @ 2.5ghz and play even more games at higher resolutions but i really only play DoTa on my laptop anymore lol

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819111001
September 22, 2010 @ 04:39 PM
SantaDuJuan

Ah I see, well there's this boardless thing now I'm reading about that works with the exe file of the game.
I'm holding out for the regular edition. CE's are a waste of money and plus the servers are imploding right now.
September 22, 2010 @ 07:25 PM
SantaDuJuan

That's if you pre-ordered it.
I have to drop 20 for that thing that allows you to use a wireless 360 controller on your computer. Not really looking to drop 120 just to play a game you know?

And plus the pre order for the regular addition is the goggles, they let you skill up faster. Useful in... the beginning game.
September 22, 2010 @ 10:43 PM
SantaDuJuan

Yeah but I don't like having that long ass chord on my laptop. It's a hassle. It's also a hassle to set up bluetooth with the sixaxis. Plus I kind of like the 360 controller. People complain about the d-pad but I don't care. Both are pretty much the same.
September 22, 2010 @ 10:58 PM
Phlipstar

What kind of Macbook do you have? Seriously it can run on any MBP.
I can run it on mine just fine, granted it's not the highest quality but it runs well. I have a 15inch late 08 MBP.

I sadly don't even have a pro, it's just a regular MacBook.

I may actually just get a new desktop though. Anyone here build computers? I always had an interest in learning to put one together from scratch and I guess this would be a good time to try. I came across this article. It's some dude showing a cheap $400 build (via newegg) to run the game flawless on 720p.

http://www.linkshells.com/entry.php?2-You-don-t-need-a-1-500-PC-to-run-FFXIV
September 22, 2010 @ 11:37 PM
unknown force.

my laptop has the mobile version of that graphics card he mentions and plays the game g0od with whatever the default settings are
September 23, 2010 @ 10:27 AM
SantaDuJuan

I sadly don't even have a pro, it's just a regular MacBook.

I may actually just get a new desktop though. Anyone here build computers? I always had an interest in learning to put one together from scratch and I guess this would be a good time to try. I came across this article. It's some dude showing a cheap $400 build (via newegg) to run the game flawless on 720p.

http://www.linkshells.com/entry.php?2-You-don-t-need-a-1-500-PC-to-run-FFXIV

sadI'm not good at it. But I know newegg is really good. When I was shopping around for non macs I came across this one website that had prebuilt machines for a really great price. Pretty much they just ordered shit from newegg and other cheap sites and charged you like a hundred extra dollars to put it together. Sadly I have no idea what that site is.

I think a lot of performance issues people had were because it was still in OB and wasn't stable. From what I've been reading on forums shits gotten a lot better. It's hard waiting till Tuesday.
September 23, 2010 @ 10:28 AM
SantaDuJuan

kotaku.com/5645344/unboxing-the-fancy-edition-of-final-fantasy-xiv

Yeah, Europe and Asia get a really cool mug thing while Americans got a birth certificate for their character.
Lame.
September 23, 2010 @ 02:40 PM
SantaDuJuan

Fair enough but I feel like the mug I could actually use on a daily basis. The book I'll look at that twice and then put it away some where and forget about it. Also, with the dvd you can see that shit on youtube.
September 23, 2010 @ 05:31 PM
SantaDuJuan

i want to write a journal full of my rap verses, poems, and random thoughts and that wouldve been a dope book to do it in.

Haha nah save that for the in game recipes.
September 28, 2010 @ 10:49 PM
SantaDuJuan

Who cawpin this shit on Thursday?
September 30, 2010 @ 01:48 AM
meggicgame

Gamegoody~~~~
Hey everybody ,recently I have played FINAL FANTASY XIV ,it's really amzing,Gamegoody is a quite good store to buy Gold and any other resource.
smile
September 30, 2010 @ 10:30 PM
SantaDuJuan

I cawped it, it's fun as shit and runs better then the Open Beta did.
Still some problems with the game but I'm having fun. On Wutai, Chocolate Milk

Please login first to reply.