Mass Effect 2 Official Discussion Thread

March 07, 2010 @ 18:37:15
ME2 is more like gears in terms game style, but with biotics
March 07, 2010 @ 22:51:35
mass effect is really story driven, not so much gameplay driven.
March 07, 2010 @ 23:10:29
playing the first one will mos def enhance your ME2 experiance. Im still not a fan of the way the gameplay but i LOVE the story line.
March 15, 2010 @ 17:13:56
im halfway trough the game and its much better then the 1st one
March 27, 2010 @ 04:28:23
ME2 is dope, but like said before, it's too much cover based, and im a charge the battlefield head first type of guy, just cause fucking shit up in a high risk-high reward fashion defines my gaming style.There should've been more Renegade/Paragon actions though. I felt like there weren't as many as I had thought.

And there should be more missions actually driven towards the storyline itself, and not so much recruiting/loyalty missions. I can deal with having a squad of 6 people to choose from. You could take all those loyalty missions out the game and not miss a beat story-line wise, and the game would lose a good chunk of its story-mode.

ME3 needs to be epic as fuck cause ME2 had its high points and low points. 1 and 2 had a total of like 4 or 5 missions pertaining to the story in each game.
August 17, 2010 @ 19:30:38

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

August 18, 2010 @ 14:15:44
its weird though, why release the sequel on PS3 but not the original?

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

August 18, 2010 @ 17:35:58
its weird though, why release the sequel on PS3 but not the original?

cos the first game was published by microsoft, so i think the name mass effect is exclusive to the 360

they could release mass effect sigma or something lol
August 30, 2010 @ 00:26:31
I liked the leveling up in the first one, the second one was too focused on making the game a shooter and forgot about the RPG aspect, but the story again was amazing so that kinda makes up for it

November 07, 2010 @ 16:01:00
thats an awesome way of make the choices valid

i didn't really want to play ME1 again, but ME2, i'd play that alot more

November 07, 2010 @ 19:06:02
i already have this game for the 360 and have beaten it down like 37 different paths already lol, im probably gonna end up buyin this shit again if its under 30 dollars

November 07, 2010 @ 19:12:53
not with that attitude it wont...smh

November 07, 2010 @ 19:15:58
cuz my name is milk niqqa thats why!

November 10, 2010 @ 03:07:42
lair of the shadow broker is the only dlc that a vast majority of new players can't thoroughly enjoy/understand if they've only had a ps3 and never played the first ME. don't get me wrong though, it is still ME2's best dlc to date.

other than that, I'm really curious to see how the new "introductory experience" will play out, considering that the 360s ME2 new player intro was very lackluster, basically a back of the book story, and multiple yes or no type questions.

2 posts are hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

December 09, 2010 @ 18:47:00
probably picking it up even tho i finished both me games on that crappy machine.
December 09, 2010 @ 23:54:20
Is the DLC really worth it?
December 11, 2010 @ 19:04:30
imo only lair of the shadow broker is worth the download, everything is basically a filler to stretch the game as much as possible. and maybe the kasumi download, only bonus is you get an extra party member

December 16, 2010 @ 04:29:53
fuck yes - now i got to replay the game

December 23, 2010 @ 06:41:07
^^irrelevant.

after playing the demo on the ps3.

there is no difference, what ever difference there is in terms of graphics are so minute that it doesnt even matter.

i've seen the comparison vid by ign, the 360 versions been washed and toned down. they botched the 360s version to make/promote the fact they're using mass effect 3s engine.

i did simultaneous comparisons on my tv both through hdmi and really, the only thing you notice, when you try to find it, on the ps3 is that the lighting is different, and because of that fact alone, you REALLY REALLY have to look for those differences.

if you want the tech talk here:

http://kotaku.com/5716629/how-does-mass-effect-2-on-ps3-look

and heres a more accurate and in depth comparison:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-masseffect2-demo-analysis?page=1

then again, it is still the demo.

if its tl;dr for you

Originally posted by Inactive User
the PS3 version of Mass Effect 2 is different as opposed to definitive, and while nobody is likely to be disappointed with the game, a direct comparison with the Xbox 360 version suggests that while some elements are improved, others have been downgraded and the effectiveness of some of the aesthetic changes will all come down to personal taste.

Originally posted by Inactive User
Jesse Houston wrote...

The X vs P discussion is really subjective folks, please make sure you keep that in mind. Like I've said before, the goal was not to make the best version or be better than the 360, it was to make it 'as good' so that players on both platforms will be able to talk to each other about the exact same game experience as much as possible. That goal is substantially harder than you might think, certain things on the PS3 (rendering and audio for example) do not act at all the same. (PS3 doesn't get DirectX)

Bioware isnt making ME2 on the ps3 better, they're just trying to prevent a bayonetta port incident.
Please login first to reply.
x