November 27, 2008 @ 08:36 PM
ThePepperSkull

damn red wings been out since forever id be damn the day i seen it on HB now lol

I doubt they'll catch on that much anyways. Plus If they do well they're good quality boots. I had a pair I beat the fuck up hiking I've used since about '99 and had to throw away cause I used the fuck outta them so much that there were holes in the upper (lol, mostly due to a rabid fox. Long story. also, rabies shots are a bitch). Even then that one pair lasted me almost ten years.

I doubt they'll catch on here anywhere...and if they do catch on a lot, then fuck I'll still wear em and run the rick of being called trendy or a hypebeast. Quality winter boots where I live are a necessity, fuck what people say.

Hype aside, these are a real functional boot for the winter. It's only an added bonus that they look good (to me at least). If you're debating copping a pair, Josh, Let me tell you now that these are great. Get a pair. You only need one pair in your life if you take care of the leather anyways.
November 27, 2008 @ 10:30 PM
JKISSI

lol nah man im not debating i been decided to cop a pair ...m :D
November 28, 2008 @ 11:53 PM
snuff_daddy

30% off shoes at endless.com + free overnight shipping

they got redwings

www.endless.com/s/ref=dp_bb/?brands=Red%20Wing%20Shoes&boutique=1
November 29, 2008 @ 01:20 AM
ohsophenomenal

I would assume these are the 875's, right?
preview.tinyurl.com/6zl5ba
Also, can anyone identify these:

Looks like the 23 last with a non-flat sole.
November 29, 2008 @ 02:05 PM
ThePepperSkull

^ If you look at my first post on page 1 of this thread you'll get your answer

lol nah man im not debating i been decided to cop a pair ...m :D

Haha, dope. some advice, personally I think for skinny fit pants like you wear I'd go with a plain toe boot and not a Moc toe-- their moc toes are too bulky looking. i suggest you get the Red Wing 9111:

November 29, 2008 @ 03:39 PM
MonkeyFresh

Haha, dope. some advice, personally I think for skinny fit pants like you wear I'd go with a plain toe boot and not a Moc toe-- their moc toes are too bulky looking. i suggest you get the Red Wing 9111:

GT with slimmer denim looks great imo smile but i dont think any bulkier shoes, RW included look good with skinny fit
November 29, 2008 @ 05:02 PM
ohsophenomenal

Don't look to be the same thing; the ones I posted have a different sole.
November 29, 2008 @ 07:04 PM
ThePepperSkull

Don't look to be the same thing; the ones I posted have a different sole.

They're the same model. They're from a guy on sufu who got his 8130's resoled.
November 29, 2008 @ 07:18 PM
ohsophenomenal

Ah, I see. Thanks a bunch
November 30, 2008 @ 01:30 PM
MonkeyFresh

hmmmm... i just noticed on endless.com they list the GT's as Black and Black Cherry Featherstone... does that mean they aren't making GT's with the Chromexcel leather anymore? i know the newest colorway for the GT (those tan ones) are made with this leather but idk, alot of people loved the GT for the chromexcel leather... anyone have info on this? I'm sure the Featherstone leather is great but yea im just wondering if they did in fact change the uppers
edit: just found out they did indeed change the leather on the newer GTs as well as the model numbers
November 30, 2008 @ 05:39 PM
XXXL

^is that for the better?
i'm guessing it is?
November 30, 2008 @ 05:45 PM
DSXMCHN

30% off shoes at endless.com + free overnight shipping

they got redwings

www.endless.com/s/ref=dp_bb/?brands=Red%20Wing%20Shoes&boutique=1

This deal is so damn tempting, I want the black pair of GTs pretty badly. Now that my GTs are broken in, they are the most comfortable pair of boots I have ever worn.
November 30, 2008 @ 05:51 PM
BubbleTeaJelly

dsxmchn where did you cop your rws?
November 30, 2008 @ 06:51 PM
MonkeyFresh

^is that for the better?
i'm guessing it is?

I'm not too sure, I know I really love the Chromexcel leather that are used on the previous GT shoes (mine have this leather) although knowing its RW I don't doubt the Featherstone leather they're using now I just don't know how it is compared to the Chromexcel leather

This deal is so damn tempting, I want the black pair of GTs pretty badly. Now that my GTs are broken in, they are the most comfortable pair of boots I have ever worn.

ahhh im so tempted to buy the black cherry ones haha i know someone selling a slightly worn pair in my size im dying to get my hands on for only $100 shipped &) i just need to scrap for $100 lmao
December 1, 2008 @ 09:17 AM
DSXMCHN

dsxmchn where did you cop your rws?

I bought them locally and I paid out the *ss for them too because they were retail and canadian dollars. I would up paying $326 with tax CDN for mine.
December 1, 2008 @ 09:34 AM
justtemple

Damn, I just bought a pair of brown Timberland Abington Collection hikers but I may have to pull the trigger on a pair of black GT's, just too classy not to.
December 1, 2008 @ 10:26 AM
kenedtsu

the urban outfitters by me just got a bunch of 875's. doesnt seem like to right place for them
December 1, 2008 @ 11:47 AM
ThePepperSkull

the urban outfitters by me just got a bunch of 875's. doesnt seem like to right place for them

LOL they won't sell well there.
December 1, 2008 @ 12:00 PM
MonkeyFresh

I bought them locally and I paid out the *ss for them too because they were retail and canadian dollars. I would up paying $326 with tax CDN for mine.

i paid alot for mine too.... but idgaf i wanted them lmao smile
December 1, 2008 @ 05:00 PM
kenedtsu

im looking at a pair of 8138s on ebay but am hesitant to get because i dont know if theyll be the right size. can any one tell me how these fit in relation to dunk highs, vans eras or authentics. im a 12 in all of those.
December 2, 2008 @ 11:29 AM
Turnpike Bully

Do the 875's run big? I hear mixed opinions on the fit
December 2, 2008 @ 12:21 PM
ethanlee29

^i wear 8.5 in vans and i got an 8 in the 875's. a bit loose, but i bought insoles with em so now they fill out better.
December 2, 2008 @ 01:20 PM
Turnpike Bully

^i wear 8.5 in vans and i got an 8 in the 875's. a bit loose, but i bought insoles with em so now they fill out better.

Good lookin out!! Time 2 cop a pair!
December 2, 2008 @ 05:53 PM
DSXMCHN

im looking at a pair of 8138s on ebay but am hesitant to get because i dont know if theyll be the right size. can any one tell me how these fit in relation to dunk highs, vans eras or authentics. im a 12 in all of those.

Get a size down, I wear 12's in vans/nikes and I bought an 11 in my GT's.
December 2, 2008 @ 07:55 PM
MonkeyFresh

Get a size down, I wear 12's in vans/nikes and I bought an 11 in my GT's.

+1 but idk about other RW models, i know for sure the GT runs very big so its a sz down from true size but idk... best bet is to try on the shoe if possible first b4 ordering, wish i could help with other models but i only have experience with the GT...
December 2, 2008 @ 08:23 PM
ThePepperSkull

they fit a size big because you add insoles into them and in addition to that you're supposed to wear thick wool socks with them. These were designed to be used in the outdoors.
December 4, 2008 @ 12:34 AM
Turnpike Bully

they fit a size big because you add insoles into them and in addition to that you're supposed to wear thick wool socks with them. These were designed to be used in the outdoors.

So if ima 7.5 normally, u think I can pull off a size 7? I definitely plan on wearing them with wigwam socks, so I know i need some room.
December 4, 2008 @ 04:58 PM
ThePepperSkull

So if ima 7.5 normally, u think I can pull off a size 7? I definitely plan on wearing them with wigwam socks, so I know i need some room.

go for it.
December 7, 2008 @ 05:25 PM
MonkeyFresh

Just wanted to clarify this and add to the thread with information about the Gentleman's Traveler:
for the black and dark cherry versions of the shoes, there are 2 types:
the 19XX series and the 90XX series (the black GTs are XX=14 and the Dark Cherries are XX=11)
the 19XX series is indeed made of Horween leather (Chromexcel) and can easily distinguished from the Red Wings logo branded on the ankle of these models. Horween tannery and Red Wings did this series in commemoration of their 100 years anniversaries since both were started in 1905. The 19XX GT's are said to be much easier on the foot with little break in time, resulting in some compromise with durability.
the 90XX series is made of Featherstone leather (Featherstone and Chromexcel are simply monikers used by Red Wing's to distinguish the leather that they use on their different models). This leather is made by S.B. Foot tannery, a tannery initially separate from the Red Wing Shoe company, and also located in Red Wing MN. The S.B Tannery was bought out by Red Wing Shoes in 1986 and supplies RWS with most of its leather, however still operates as an independent tannery that provides leather to many other companies for varying purposes. the 90XX GT's are tougher than the 19XX series, and require more break in (hence more initial discomfort) but are the more durable versions of the GT and can take a beating.
Hope this clarifies smile
I have to thank all the people from the RWS thread on Styleforum for helping to compile all the info cool
December 9, 2008 @ 06:42 AM
MonkeyFresh

Please login first to reply.