Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
November 17, 2008 @ 08:50 AM
MonkeyFresh

vimeo.com/2228212?pg=embed&sec=2228212
Great video, posted on the HB blog, If you are a true fan of RW shoes I feel you'll enjoy this video (I know I did smile )
Didn't see any official thread for Red Wings, probably not a big HB brand but their boots are top notch imo and if you're in the market for a nice pair of boots definitely check these shoes out!
some pics of my Red Wings Gentleman's Travelers:

Definitely the comfiest pair of boots I've ever owned, and with proper care I'm sure they'll last me a while cool
Post pics of your RW shoes and the evolution of their wear, any stories you might have, care tips, polishes, leather products you might use, etc... lets talk Red Wings &)
November 17, 2008 @ 09:59 AM
kdiddy

+rep if I could. Red Wings are very nice.
November 17, 2008 @ 10:28 AM
Citizen-16657

Just Copped

November 17, 2008 @ 02:44 PM
MonkeyFresh

thanks kdiddy &)
and Citizen, what model? pics if possible please smile
November 17, 2008 @ 03:44 PM
mlwdp

some pics of my Red Wings Gentleman's Travelers:

What leather protector and waterproofer are you using for them? I'm interested in RW but Chicago winter is evil. Do you use anything?
November 17, 2008 @ 07:43 PM
MonkeyFresh

What leather protector and waterproofer are you using for them? I'm interested in RW but Chicago winter is evil. Do you use anything?

I hit these guys with 2 layers of Obenauf's LP blow dried right after application to help the leather soak the product in, probably gonna do one more sooner or later, but that's about it for now, haven't needed to use any waterproofer yet but I do have Obenauf's silicone water proofer, supposedly has the highest amount of pure grade silicone in it compared to other water proofers on the market so it looks pretty good cool
I'm also intereted in snoseal, but i've never tried this product so I would hafta ask around on other forums, it seems to be a great product though

Does anyone know any good leather cleaners for high quality leather shoes? Im looking at Obenauf's white jaguar cleaner but I'm open for other suggestions smile
November 20, 2008 @ 09:08 PM
MonkeyFresh

just hit my GT's with a third application of Obenauf's LP, theyve broken in quite nicely since I first wore them (probably been about 5-6 wears, whole day 8+ hours each time)
they've gotten progressively more comfortable and i feel will continue this trend till the sole/upper completely forms to my foot cool (ofcourse they were quite stiff initially and the first 2 wears were slightly annoying to say the least...)
cmon no one else has a pair of RW's on here?!
November 20, 2008 @ 09:26 PM
ThePepperSkull

My perfect boot for winter. slap on some wool socks if it gets REALLY cold and a little beeswax for waterproofing in these vancouver showers and I'm good to go.

Got these two I wear in the fall/winter. I had an old pair of 875's I've been wearing since like '99 but I never took good care of em and didn;t know how to take care of leather properly in general so I wore em down till there were holes in it. This time I wanna take care of these babies so they last me. clean, condition, waterproof = last me for years. moreso than when I beat the shit out of my 875's without doing maintenance. Always take care of your boots!

November 20, 2008 @ 10:17 PM
MonkeyFresh

those look great!
love that first model, same as the GT minus the commandoe sole cool
and diggin the second model as well smile
i hear you on taking care of your boots, Ive gone through atleast 5 pairs of boots in my life from camping and hiking (used to go alot for boy scouts but not so much anymore sad )
now that i know how to take care of them properly im gonna build my boot collection up and always keep them in top shape!
did you see the new version of the GT's on cultizm tho?
www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p316_RED-WING-BOOTS---1913-9013-CHESTNUT-FEATHERSTONE.html
AMAZING colorway... same design as the GT but it seems the chromexcel leather was replaced with this "feather stone" leather, I wonder how it is confused
nonetheless these are top on my boots-to-cop, second only to the black cherry GT's &)
gonna cop a pair of iron rangers as well, super dope model smile
November 20, 2008 @ 11:45 PM
ThePepperSkull

I wish they made Iron Rangers in black. As much as I love moc toes, I'm a sucker for a captoe. Those new gentlemen travellers are dope. They'd probably age incredibly well.

These (Red Wing 8180's) would look insanely dope with a pair of grey cords.

November 22, 2008 @ 08:55 AM
Hellah Fresh

Considered that one COPPED.
November 22, 2008 @ 08:38 PM
DSXMCHN

Im going to pick my Gentlemen Travellers up tomorrow, cant put to words how stoked I am haha.
November 23, 2008 @ 09:22 PM
MonkeyFresh

Im going to pick my Gentlemen Travellers up tomorrow, cant put to words how stoked I am haha.

niiice! they take a bit to wear in... mine are pretty comfy right now but they can use more breaking in
pics when you get them? smile
edit: PepperSkull, those 8180's are &)
November 24, 2008 @ 01:41 AM
ThePepperSkull

Yeah, I can't bring myself to cop a pair because really olve green shoes don't go well with a lot of stuff. I just thought it was winter appropriate and would look dope with some grey cords. On the other hand though, I just love moc toe boots.
November 24, 2008 @ 10:16 AM
MonkeyFresh

true, id def cop them if i had the extra guap but your right doesnt go with too much aside from earthy colors
do you know if they make a moc toe boot like that but with a commando sole?
November 24, 2008 @ 10:30 AM
ethanlee29

just bought some 875's. any tips for leather care?
November 24, 2008 @ 11:46 AM
MonkeyFresh

pics please smile
and for leather care
www.obenaufs.com/workboots.php?osCsid=2fa713126e7fbef2bd7bfb62f0120ff1
I'm a huge fan of Obenauf's leather products, only thing i use on my leather goods cool
November 24, 2008 @ 04:09 PM
DSXMCHN

niiice! they take a bit to wear in... mine are pretty comfy right now but they can use more breaking in
pics when you get them? smile
edit: PepperSkull, those 8180's are &)

As you wish haha:

I wore em all day today but they really need some more breaking in, Im prolly going to wear them for the rest of the week and hopefully get them nice and comfy by the end of it.
November 24, 2008 @ 05:56 PM
ethanlee29

here are my 875's. hope they break in soon cuz the back of the left one is killin me

November 24, 2008 @ 06:19 PM
kdiddy

pics please smile
and for leather care
www.obenaufs.com/workboots.php?osCsid=2fa713126e7fbef2bd7bfb62f0120ff1
I'm a huge fan of Obenauf's leather products, only thing i use on my leather goods cool

I've been looking for some better leather protection, thanks fo that.
November 24, 2008 @ 08:19 PM
MonkeyFresh

looks great ethanlee29 smile
DSXMCHN I can't say enough how much i love those &) ahhh i need the cherrys and the new tan ones... cool
kdiddy, np, glad i can put you on obenauf's, your leather will be very thankful smile
November 24, 2008 @ 08:43 PM
DSXMCHN

^^^Haha thanks man. Yea the problem with buying one pair is that now I want every other colour I can find haha.
November 24, 2008 @ 08:47 PM
dizzler

damn, some of these red wings are sick. wish i could rock em if i wasn't in this warm ass cali weather.
November 25, 2008 @ 08:27 PM
ThePepperSkull

true, id def cop them if i had the extra guap but your right doesnt go with too much aside from earthy colors
do you know if they make a moc toe boot like that but with a commando sole?

I think they make the same moc toe models but with black soles with deeper traction marks than the white crepe soles.
November 27, 2008 @ 10:26 AM
MonkeyFresh

yup! they do, was looking on ebay for some red wings, great selection of older models at great prices smile def gonna cop a few more pairs, build up my collection haha but i still need all the GT colors razz
November 27, 2008 @ 05:31 PM
GPS

anyone have fit pics? i'd like to see how you all wear your red wings.
November 27, 2008 @ 07:39 PM
MonkeyFresh

I need baggier jeans tho to compliment the boots, gonna cop some straight leg jawns next
November 27, 2008 @ 07:41 PM
JKISSI

damn red wings been out since forever id be damn the day i seen it on HB now lol
November 27, 2008 @ 07:56 PM
MonkeyFresh

lmaooo i figure maybe other ppl are into red wings let me start a thread on HB, but you bring up a good point lol
mostly lurk on SF and sufu reading up on boot care and what not, but its cool to know other HBers appreciate these shoes smile
now if alden and indy boots become the new hype on HB then suprised razz lmao
November 27, 2008 @ 08:14 PM
JKISSI

Yeah man i agree with you its a good idea , just shocked lol about the whole fact.. it can be pullen off real nice and others are ok with it .. got to love them though .. good thread though in fact my brother

Please login first to reply.