October 2, 2008 @ 09:59 PM
babes

yes, it's true. the man who couldn't do wrong finally sold out completely!

there will be those of you who think I'm wrong, but the ink has dried and you will see.
October 2, 2008 @ 11:09 PM
quesadilla

what are you talking about
October 2, 2008 @ 11:35 PM
DunkPunk

lolwat?

UCSB.

October 3, 2008 @ 09:57 AM
babes

i'm saying that Jeff Staple has inked a deal to do a line of shoes for Payless Shoesource. after hearing him speak about how there are companies that approach him all the time about projects that he turns down, I just thought it wa a huge surprise that he would work with Payless of all people.

and there will be people on here who dismiss this as heresay, but when they make the announcement you'll remember this thread.
October 3, 2008 @ 01:09 PM
dollabill

i think you may be over-thinking this, jeff staple did some work for starter, which sort of run by nike now, and starter is sold in walmart and payless, unless somebody is selling you wolf tickets

premiumplusmagazine.com/blog/2008/08/starter-x-jeff-staple-starter-black-label/

android users get on g+

October 3, 2008 @ 08:56 PM
babes

no, what I said was clear.

he is doing collection of limited edition sneakers for Payless.

they will likely be Airwalk branded. and for anyone who doesn't know. Airwalk is owned by Payless.(google it) the shoes will be sold in Payless. and the deal is with Payless

and like I said. watch for that press release and you will remember this thread.

the reason I posted this is because I think certain people are given a free pass, and Jeff has done some very good product, but he has continually talked about the threshold that has to met in order for him to even work w/ a company and Payless in no way meets that.

Payless knocks off every warm shoe in the market place and has paid out over $300 million in settlements and lawsuit losses this year alone - to Adidas, KSwiss, and even another knock-off company Sketchers. How bad are you when you are knocking off the knock offs?!

if you sell out to make the big bucks. owe up to it. and be open about it. there is no shame in cashing in, I'm just curious what his altruistic spin will be.
October 3, 2008 @ 09:01 PM
Citizen-16657

I have to see how this unfolds.......either way Jeff is a cool dude and his clothing line is sick IMO
October 3, 2008 @ 09:40 PM
Food

aww. i wish it were some like new brand if its airwalk its kinda wack cuhz airwalk got sold out a long time ago sad

Staple makes good clothes though, like citizen, i want see how this unfolds.
October 3, 2008 @ 11:33 PM
dynamiteden

what's zo wrong with Payless? that's were i kop mai n1ke dunkz SB
October 3, 2008 @ 11:34 PM
np2fast

i think you may be over-thinking this, jeff staple did some work for starter, which sort of run by nike now, and starter is sold in walmart and payless, unless somebody is selling you wolf tickets

premiumplusmagazine.com/blog/2008/08/starter-x-jeff-staple-starter-black-label/

Starter Black Label is sold at boutiques and Jeff Staple designs the line.
October 4, 2008 @ 01:58 AM
quesadilla

just saying if these are airwalks why'd you post in the nike thread.

and whatever, it's getting him money
October 4, 2008 @ 08:35 AM
Krills

in todays economy you need all the income you can get
October 9, 2008 @ 01:34 PM
babybop2g

I totally get what you're saying and it's pretty screwed up that nobody would get called on shit. But hey I've seen far worse and it went past people like who cares so this won't be much difference. It's fuckin the equivalent of buying a bridge in brooklyn believing that these dudes have any type of motive besides money. It ain't a just cause that's for sure
October 10, 2008 @ 03:52 PM
dollabill

just copped some champion jointz from payless

android users get on g+

October 13, 2008 @ 07:06 PM
estnsf

jeff staple is still the man. I'll be on the lookout if this is true. haha but, they gonna go!
October 13, 2008 @ 09:49 PM
STNDRD

You make yourself sound like an elitest. PAYLESS? They sell cheap shoes. Maybe he need money.
October 14, 2008 @ 06:42 AM
just do it

Hi

This forum is related to Jeff staple life. I think he has no money to pay for his shoes, so he is be ready to work without any pay. I just thought it was a huge surprise that he would work with Payless of all people.

Tell me some more about this.

Thanks

Jitendra kumar

Buy flowers in Houston no credit check loans pisos vilafranca ringtones for the iPhone
October 20, 2008 @ 02:25 AM
Benji

The Jeff Staple x payless collab shouldn't come as a shock. exploiting the subculture has been the trend for so long now. his eyes are set on $$, not preserving the culture. sellout or not, who cares. the guy is a business man and he's got his best interest in mind. just another one man turned into a corporate vulture. let the cycle continue...

Please login first to reply.