Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
March 23, 2007 @ 12:44 AM
stormshadow

Are there official names for each account? What is someone expected to find (eg. to what degree of exclusivity) at a certain account?
March 23, 2007 @ 03:28 AM
Toolay

There are quite a few names for Nike account holders which basically tells you what sort of shoes they stock...

Now the problem is i can't actually rmb all the account names properly... but if i rmb correctly, urban energy i think is the top account you can get, which means any one with this account will be able to stock not only GR's and Quick Strikes, but also Hyper Strike Kicks also known as Tier 0...

But hang around and maybe some other member can fill you in with the account names that are out there...

Can you elaborate on the terms quick strike and hyper strike?
March 23, 2007 @ 05:43 AM
ryanv1978

Pretty sure Tier Zero/Hyper Strike is the most limited of any release that happens to the public. Don't quote me on that though.

Quick Strike would be a notch below that. More limited than a GR, but more available than a HS.

If I'm wrong correct me.
March 23, 2007 @ 10:52 AM
paulp

the most exclusive acct is the tier zero/hyperstrike acct
they get extremely limited shoes
supposively 5 shops in the US has a tier zero
in my area huf and recon hold this acct

under that is the tier 1/quickstrike acct
they still get limited shoes
in my area true and brown bros. holds this acct
not quit sure if this is also known as the urban energy acct

there is also an urban indie acct
smaller botiques have this
in my area district footwear and bows and arrows holds this acct
journeys and urban outfitters stock some urban indie shoes as well

shiehk and the spot are two mall shops that also have some sort or urban acct
not exactly sure what level they have though

hope that helps
March 23, 2007 @ 10:57 AM
Toolay

okay say someone wants to open a business how does one obtain a nike account I suppose they dont have a choice in which type of account they can have.

And what about ebay stores they techniaclly have no physical address yet they have an abundance of rare shoes to sell so I assume they have accounts. How else could they obtain them.
March 23, 2007 @ 11:02 AM
WuGgaRoO

so stores possessing a nike urban elite account count as tier what?
March 23, 2007 @ 12:24 PM
rico227

And what about ebay stores they techniaclly have no physical address yet they have an abundance of rare shoes to sell so I assume they have accounts. How else could they obtain them.

Shoes that are sold on ebay do not belong to ebay, they belong to the person selling them... so ebay does not need to have any kind of account... they are basically just the middle man...
March 23, 2007 @ 01:37 PM
Toolay

Shoes that are sold on ebay do not belong to ebay, they belong to the person selling them... so ebay does not need to have any kind of account... they are basically just the middle man...

I know I meant the person or people running the ebay store. To me these me people just seem like son random joe who got himself a nike account got a loan and business license and started selling shoes on ebay. Is it really that simple.
March 23, 2007 @ 01:40 PM
aziz

I know I meant the person or people running the ebay store. To me these me people just seem like son random joe who got himself a nike account got a loan and business license and started selling shoes on ebay. Is it really that simple.

nah dude, they're just shoe collectors that are reselling them on ebay.
March 23, 2007 @ 01:44 PM
soundbomber

Tier simply determines where the shoe is made and the level of technology used.

Tier 0 - Japan - Exclusive and limited designs assembly.
Tier 1 - 110 US factories - Assembly using sophisticated technology.
Tier 2 - Taiwan & S. Korea - Where more sophisticated technology and work process is used.
Tier 3 - Indonesia, Thailand, Cambodia & Vietnam - Moderate level technology.
Tier 4 - China - Assembly using low technology.
Tier 5 - El Salvador, Honduras - Assembly using lowest technology.
Tier 6 - Hidden Factories - These are factories not being reported by Nike and factories the subcontractors send products to be worked on.
March 23, 2007 @ 01:47 PM
soundbomber

Tier simply determines where the shoe is made and the level of technology used.

Tier 0 - Japan - Exclusive and limited design assembly.
Tier 1 - 110 US factories - Assembly using sophisticated technology.
Tier 2 - Taiwan & S. Korea - Where more sophisticated technology and work process is used.
Tier 3 - Indonesia, Thailand, Cambodia & Vietnam - Moderate level technology.
Tier 4 - China - Assembly using low technology.
Tier 5 - El Salvador, Honduras - Assembly using lowest technology.
Tier 6 - Hidden Factories - These are factories not being reported by Nike and factories the subcontractors send products to be worked on.

Known Nike Account's:

1. Nike
2. Nike Retro
3. Nike SB
4. Hyperstrike
5. Tier-0 and Quickstrike
March 23, 2007 @ 01:56 PM
Toolay

nah dude, they're just shoe collectors that are reselling them on ebay.

So stores like:

kix press
Id4shoes
solestop

Are run independently from, I 'm not to sure about that these stores have hundreds of shoes to sell where else but nike could they get so many to sell at one time. And that goes for other sites to like pick your shoes for example.
March 23, 2007 @ 02:08 PM
DL79

So stores like:

kix press
Id4shoes
solestop

Are run independently from, I 'm not to sure about that these stores have hundreds of shoes to sell where else but nike could they get so many to sell at one time. And that goes for other sites to like pick your shoes for example.

online stores do not have nike account, unless they are affiliated with an actual store front. I looked into opening a sneaker shop, but decided against it after learning that you must be in business for at least a year selling Nike competitors before you can even be evaluated for a Nike account. At that point if you qualify, depending on the type of shop that you are, you'll get that type of account - example; skate shops get SB accounts, small boutiques usually get urban accounts, etc.

I believe (not 100% sure) that you need to be in business for a long time and you need to have established a certain reputaion and credibility to get a tier 0 or quickstrike account.

Lastly - Hyperstrike is not the same as tier 0; hyperstrike means releases to family and friends of whatever colab it is - for example the all orange am 90 homegrowns were a hyperstrike, hence they were never sold to the public. Tier 0 is the most limited release sold to the public.

hope that helps
March 23, 2007 @ 02:35 PM
LIPDUNK

Don't forget about Energy accounts too.

Indie Energy
Metro Energy
Urban Energy
Elite Energy

The account types are not really determined by the account holder.
It's Nike's way of marketing what they want to market in that area or location.
If they want you to have an Urban Lifestyle (LS) account, then they will just make you that. Nike runs the show on account types.

If you're just starting up, forget about asking for specific accounts. Just take what they give you and move along.
March 23, 2007 @ 11:31 PM
Papercutninja

^ Cosign. You start your store, do the best that you can and build a relationship with your Nike sales rep once you get one. From there, it's a crap shoot. Provided your store doesn't go out of business, your rep has to really have a relationship with you and know your passion for Nike and sneakers in general. It's a slow build. You can't expect to start up a store and a month later get a Quickstrike SB account.

Another account to add to the list: Jordan Quickstrike (original Spiz'ikes were only sold at these shops)
March 23, 2007 @ 11:49 PM
LIPDUNK

Expect to make progress by the years, not months or weeks.

Nike is obviously in it for the long run and doesn't waste time with the fly-by-night sneaker store or skate shop that's counting on an SB account.
August 11, 2007 @ 03:25 PM
gferny

I saw a post once that some one listed all the stores that were quick strike accounts. I was wondering if any one knew what stores in South Florida had Nike quickstrike accounts. Thanks
August 11, 2007 @ 03:41 PM
Crook

You really thought he was asking how does ebay get a nike account? SMH....you need help!

Please login first to reply.