Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
October 29, 2006 @ 02:02 PM
hypebeastfan

why does it seem like these aren't dong well? they're so much better than the royals, and i guess people like the grapes for nostalgia, but these are cooler.

whats the deal?

they're still available places.
October 29, 2006 @ 02:13 PM
Toddstradamus

i dont know...people seem to be spending there money on LS kicks more so than any others...prolly cause of the resale value...
October 29, 2006 @ 07:04 PM
JoHnFLeM

Im personally glad that I didnt buy the grapes.
October 29, 2006 @ 09:12 PM
UKingdom

these are WAY cooler than the grapes; only problem is they crease easy.
October 29, 2006 @ 09:22 PM
jwill

I think that having these in all 3M material took away from the mystique of just the tongue being reflective in Jordan Vs
October 29, 2006 @ 09:28 PM
givemeurkicks

yea ii think it has to do with the resale value and the amount of hype building up to them...the grapes had alot more hype than the green beans did imo...plus theyre LS so ii guess thats better from a collecting point of view
October 29, 2006 @ 09:36 PM
Giorgio1

can anybody get them for retail? i got them for 165 and then relized thats way to o much so i returend them
October 29, 2006 @ 09:59 PM
givemeurkicks

^^yea ii can...my mall still has em in all sizes for retail...which is 135
October 29, 2006 @ 11:23 PM
Toddstradamus

yea ii think it has to do with the resale value and the amount of hype building up to them...the grapes had alot more hype than the green beans did imo...plus theyre LS so ii guess thats better from a collecting point of view

word
October 30, 2006 @ 06:31 PM
jordanfreak

it has something to do with immediate retail. because retros that are OG or L'style has immediate retail value because not everyone was able to cop a pair. but shoes that are GR still have just as much retail value, just in the long run. these shoes will soar in value as time passes and these shoes start fading from malls. but I have to agree. the greenbeans are so dope. alot of people sleepin.
October 30, 2006 @ 09:48 PM
Papercutninja

I think a lot of people are taking themselves too seriously with the sneaker game. Even though this is an AMAZING colourway, a lot of "sneakerheads" are sleeping on them, because they're not a hyper-quickstrike exclusive to 5 shops in the whole world and you need a password and a bracelet to wait on line to buy them. They won't even buy them even if they liked them; they're used to dropping 3X the retail on an ugly-ass sneaker like the SB De La Souls because they're hard to get.

I've said this a million times: don't buy sneakers as an investment. They're not always going to be valuable. All this manufactured hype is artificially inflating the prices on some of these sneakers, SBs are a great example of this. How much did you pay for your Pushead Dunks? $200? $250? Why? Because they were "super-limited" and you wanted to buy them and post the pic on your Myspace so all your "sneakerhead" friends would be jealous and impressed? In 2 years you'll be lucky if someone offers you $50 for that pair of awful-ass Dunks.

I LOVE sneakers; rare sneakers, exclusive sneakers, hyped sneakers, general release sneakers. If i like the way it looks whether it be the colourway or the design, i want them. Hyped or not, quickstrike or general release, it doesn't matter. I buy what i like.

My advice? Enjoy them. Wear them. Match them to your clothes if you want, keep them perfectly clean, but remember that they're just footwear.
October 30, 2006 @ 09:53 PM
jordanfreak

I think a lot of people are taking themselves too seriously with the sneaker game. Even though this is an AMAZING colourway, a lot of "sneakerheads" are sleeping on them, because they're not a hyper-quickstrike exclusive to 5 shops in the whole world and you need a password and a bracelet to wait on line to buy them. They won't even buy them even if they liked them; they're used to dropping 3X the retail on an ugly-ass sneaker like the SB De La Souls because they're hard to get.

I've said this a million times: don't buy sneakers as an investment. They're not always going to be valuable. All this manufactured hype is artificially inflating the prices on some of these sneakers, SBs are a great example of this. How much did you pay for your Pushead Dunks? $200? $250? Why? Because they were "super-limited" and you wanted to buy them and post the pic on your Myspace so all your "sneakerhead" friends would be jealous and impressed? In 2 years you'll be lucky if someone offers you $50 for that pair of awful-ass Dunks.

I LOVE sneakers; rare sneakers, exclusive sneakers, hyped sneakers, general release sneakers. If i like the way it looks whether it be the colourway or the design, i want them. Hyped or not, quickstrike or general release, it doesn't matter. I buy what i like.

My advice? Enjoy them. Wear them. Match them to your clothes if you want, keep them perfectly clean, but remember that they're just footwear.
I hope you meant low top de la's because the de la hi's are the sickest SB's Ive ever seen. but youre right when it comes to people taking it a bit too seriously. you know how these kids are tho.
October 31, 2006 @ 12:15 AM
itseanok

i agree that a lot of heads are taking the game too seriously, as well as the fact that the Green Beans are sick.

the 3M is killer.
now only if the prices werent so high....

anyways, i love the de la soul highs.
the lows are alright, but the highs kill it.
;D
November 1, 2006 @ 09:06 PM
Pigoo

it has something to do with immediate retail. because retros that are OG or L'style has immediate retail value because not everyone was able to cop a pair. but shoes that are GR still have just as much retail value, just in the long run. these shoes will soar in value as time passes and these shoes start fading from malls. but I have to agree. the greenbeans are so dope. alot of people sleepin.

tru tru ...real talk.... and the green beanz wasnt 3m material...its some other material that produces a shine...if u noticed it doesn shine as strong as 3m kicks....but people are sleepin on the green beanz...i just love mines
November 2, 2006 @ 01:54 AM
sneakerfreaker

no one understood why i liked them so much,i think they are one of the most creative and different j's to date
November 2, 2006 @ 09:43 AM
DL79

papercut, thats the truth, people are nut over some busted ass exclusive kicks, but the high de la's are one of the nicest dunks I've ever seen ( the lows are nothing special).

I hear you though. I don't get the hype on all these busted kicks, for example those hybrid 360s that just dropped last month that were black and multi-colored polka dots - how the F does a guy wear those, they're busted.

What you guys think of the military V's dropping this month?
November 2, 2006 @ 03:28 PM
jordanfreak

papercut, thats the truth, people are nut over some busted ass exclusive kicks, but the high de la's are one of the nicest dunks I've ever seen ( the lows are nothing special).

I hear you though. I don't get the hype on all these busted kicks, for example those hybrid 360s that just dropped last month that were black and multi-colored polka dots - how the F does a guy wear those, they're busted.

werd.

only SBs that are must owns for me are de la and tweeds.

the Olives are gonna be straight fire. coppin 2 pairs.
November 2, 2006 @ 07:54 PM
Papercutninja

That's exactly what i'm saying. I hate the De las, but you love them. And i'm sure you'd love them without the hype surrounding them. That to me is genuine. It doesn't matter what you like, as long as you really mean it. Don't buy into the hype.
November 2, 2006 @ 08:10 PM
hondazoom

THANK YOU FOR SAYING THAT, your quote is my new sig
November 5, 2006 @ 01:17 AM
SOLE

green beans are only 100 bucks at my dr. jays.
November 5, 2006 @ 09:13 AM
Massiv

Any legit sites that has the Green Beans?
November 5, 2006 @ 09:52 AM
jwill

footaction.com
November 5, 2006 @ 10:12 AM
RedOraNYC

Grape is the color of the 06 though...so its not only for nostaligia

Red Ora NYC

November 5, 2006 @ 08:06 PM
TheGame

green beans are hott. i got my pair last week.
November 6, 2006 @ 06:05 PM
millerxiv

know where around me has them happy i got my pair
November 7, 2006 @ 06:28 PM
shoefevaa21

my mall has so many infant,kids,mens 3M and regular.
November 10, 2006 @ 09:20 PM
bmorekicks

every store I go to still has them
November 11, 2006 @ 08:06 PM
pinkpantherr

hated them. check out my jordan hat signed, sig!
November 14, 2006 @ 02:56 PM
pap3rkut

im glad these arent hyped like all the other jordans well people buy what they like and whats being hyped so i guess arent hyped since they arent limited or what not
November 14, 2006 @ 03:08 PM
kee_lo

i bought them on the release date from Champs...went to foot locker and there was 3 ppl wearing them and 2 ppl trying them on. for me that just kills it, i don't mind if i see a few ppl here and there wearing the same kicks as me but in t.dot everywhere i went ppl were rocking them.
so i went right back and returned them...best decision ever, cause now if i wanna cop them i can save over $100.

Please login first to reply.