Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
September 16, 2012 @ 12:38 AM
sweez

What's up HB

I'm fairly new to limited sneaker buying, but I find interest in a lot of sneakers. I'm not a sneakerhead, but that's neither here nor there.

So normally for a limited sneaker release that I want, I sit online and wait for the shoes to drop and then i buy them real quick, wait for the slow shipping, etc. etc.

I just found that there is a House Of Hoops a half hour away from my school and I was thinking I might try purchasing that way. I've never bought a limited sneaker in person so I don't really know what to expect though.

I'm looking at the Lebron X "Gold Medal" but I need to get a pair for myself and a friend who's offering a proxy. I have some questions, sorry if they're dumb:

-Do they open the doors at the same time as online drops (FootLocker, NDC, Eastbay, etc.)?
-Would they let me buy multiple pairs?
-How long would the wait be for a shoe of this type? I'm not really trying to wait overnight, or even hours for that matter.
-Is it possible to wait and then not get a pair, or is that rare?
-Do people normally camp for these shoes, and then there are still pairs left later in the day anyway?

Any insight would be awesome.

Thanks.
September 16, 2012 @ 08:17 AM
greathoudini

Here in Holland when there are really limited releases they let you only buy 1 pair but with less limited releases and gr's you can buy all you want.
When the shoes are really limited you have to get there like really late in the evening and the shoes are gone in a few minutes.
With others you can come at store opening and still get a pair and those will still be available all day or sometimes even a few weeks.
September 16, 2012 @ 01:48 PM
sweez

Here in Holland when there are really limited releases they let you only buy 1 pair but with less limited releases and gr's you can buy all you want.
When the shoes are really limited you have to get there like really late in the evening and the shoes are gone in a few minutes.
With others you can come at store opening and still get a pair and those will still be available all day or sometimes even a few weeks.

Thanks man appreciate it. Sounds good. If anyone can give any insight to the U.S. or predictions for these sneaks that'd be awesome.
September 16, 2012 @ 02:56 PM
th3kid

-Do they open the doors at the same time as online drops (FootLocker, NDC, Eastbay, etc.)?

Nike recently put a ban on midnight releases here in the US. So it's usually just regular store hours.

-Would they let me buy multiple pairs?

No multiple pairs. Usually one pair per. They'll give you a ticket or wristband (depending on store) with your size on it and that's the size you'll get.

-How long would the wait be for a shoe of this type? I'm not really trying to wait overnight, or even hours for that matter.

If you don't want to wait, you probably won't get what you want. Depending on the popularity of sneakers in your area, you may have to wait hours, overnight, or possibly days.

I'm not really sure what you mean? If you're asking if you can wait in line then decide not get a pair, I suppose you could, but idk why you would wait in line for say four hours then back out after you have you're ticket and everything.

-Do people normally camp for these shoes, and then there are still pairs left later in the day anyway?

In some cases. But again, it depends on the area. Where I live (Milwaukee, WI) we just got a HOH at the beginning of the year. And since being a "sneakerhead" is a cool thing now in the US shoes will sell out almost same day. There are some stragglers usually though; in the larger and smaller sizes that will be there for a couple more days.
September 17, 2012 @ 10:27 AM
Yayarea16

I'm pretty sure with this question, he meant that is it possible to camp out and still not get a pair. Not rare at all. Especially if the shoe is a HOH exclusive. If you don't want to wait for at least some hours, stick to buying online.
September 17, 2012 @ 02:14 PM
sweez

alright, thanks for the replies guys. much appreciated. probably going to stick to online buying.

Please login first to reply.