SALE - Up to 70% Off - Shop Now
July 22, 2012 @ 09:06 PM
Mr_Chukes

Is there any real point to dead stocks shoes unless you're going to sell them. I wear all the shoes I get so I don't I just keep them clean near dead stock.

Edit: also I read this article on complex earlier in the week which made me think about it.
http://www.complex.com/sneakers/2012/07/times-have-changed-how-i-got-the-first-supreme-dunks
July 22, 2012 @ 09:23 PM
teows

Some people like to collect them.

i was fuckdante. love sosa gucci coach out the bitches weave merc out

July 22, 2012 @ 09:38 PM
Cheef

suspended

bcuz they're DEAD STOCK nigga

USE REPCODE "HELLO20" TO GET 20% OFF KARMALOOP AND PLNDR

July 22, 2012 @ 09:47 PM
Mr_Chukes

Niggas collect everything.
July 22, 2012 @ 10:16 PM

Inactive

Same reason why niggas leave clothes unopened and don't even wear them. To collect
July 22, 2012 @ 10:32 PM
trevorsanderson

some people like having new things not worn by other people.
July 23, 2012 @ 03:33 AM
Mr_Chukes

some people like having new things not worn by other people.

I mean why do it to your own things. I mean the main purpose is for the stuff to be worn.
July 23, 2012 @ 03:54 AM
TreyHongz

You ain't bout that life.

IG: @treyhongz

July 23, 2012 @ 04:21 AM
mello

I"m bout dat life of DS shoes..
July 23, 2012 @ 04:27 AM
Mr_Chukes

Why just have looking to look at it. When you can experience with it.
July 25, 2012 @ 04:59 PM
Shrooms God

One to rock, one to stock. It's for collecting reasons. Mostly sneakerheads with more income than others do this. It's silly though. Shoes crumble over time if not worn.
July 26, 2012 @ 04:45 AM
Ocillist

You ain't bout that life.

Preach it.
July 26, 2012 @ 03:54 PM
至高

Good read. It's all truth in that article though..

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

July 26, 2012 @ 04:31 PM
JohnvHarrison

a lot of people deadstock and pull them out when people least expect, after hype and stuff goes down. others just like collecting. its the feeling of having something little to no one else has. Same reason people may buy an exclusive edition of something, even if they dont use it, its cool having it.

http://www.theyhatechange.com Beauty Squad Click on the rise #B$C Get down or lay down

July 26, 2012 @ 05:22 PM
Mr_Chukes

a lot of people deadstock and pull them out when people least expect, after hype and stuff goes down. others just like collecting. its the feeling of having something little to no one else has. Same reason people may buy an exclusive edition of something, even if they dont use it, its cool having it.

Oh. I understand. I was thinking of wearing my supreme SB's when the hype dies down.
July 26, 2012 @ 06:02 PM
SHARKlN

that article reads like some older head who's just salty he had to work last thursday and was stuck in a meeting at 11. Nothing profound there...

move on to something else if you can't stay up in the sneaker game
July 26, 2012 @ 07:08 PM
NZOO

Sneaker game got played the fuck out if you ask me. Niggas acting like their heat will always remain in value fail to realize in 4 year they are likely to do a new drop or something along the line will drop. That will net more profit than what they are holding on to.

Don't badmind me.

July 26, 2012 @ 10:06 PM
*80hd*

for some its similar to a classic car. not too many others will have it and you can pull it out on special occasions or when you feel like breakin necks.
July 29, 2012 @ 11:46 AM
johnbos

Sneaker game got played the fuck out if you ask me. Niggas acting like their heat will always remain in value fail to realize in 4 year they are likely to do a new drop or something along the line will drop. That will net more profit than what they are holding on to.

wrong... OG shit is always worth more/more sought after than retros..

IG: @johnbos2001

July 29, 2012 @ 06:04 PM
NZOO

They are worth more, but no one gives a shit if they can buy the same sneakers for less. Throwing OG around don't mean shit unless it's certain that they will never release the color way again. The prices may go up and the chances to sell are slim so the nigga flippin the new shit is getting money a lot faster than you.

Don't badmind me.

July 29, 2012 @ 06:09 PM
JohnvHarrison

They are worth more, but no one gives a shit if they can buy the same sneakers for less. Throwing OG around don't mean shit unless it's certain that they will never release the color way again. The prices may go up and the chances to sell are slim so the nigga flippin the new shit is getting money a lot faster than you.

naw bruh, OG breds always are up in price, and theres at least 2 that retro every year

http://www.theyhatechange.com Beauty Squad Click on the rise #B$C Get down or lay down

July 29, 2012 @ 06:51 PM
NZOO

You fail to understand even with them being up in prices the chances of you flipping for the right value is slim lol. You can argue about shit costing a stack, but who willing to cop. I can flip 3 releases in the time it take you to sell which will net me more profit.

Don't badmind me.

July 29, 2012 @ 06:55 PM
supremeb4nine4

so far this thread is a good read, im on the fence with this issue cuz i wear all my kicks sometimes the same damn day i cop like fuck it, but i always cop 2 of what i like when i can, and usually but not recently i'll fuck up the first pair within months. being i live next door to a popular park in my hood... after like a years and my first pair cant be recognized i would break out the 2nd pair and baby them... but my kick game got a serious roatation now. i wear some pairs like once a month, so they get age more than wear. so recently certain kicks i cop only 1 pair and keep them clean near dead stock also

life

July 29, 2012 @ 07:29 PM
JohnvHarrison

You fail to understand even with them being up in prices the chances of you flipping for the right value is slim lol. You can argue about shit costing a stack, but who willing to cop. I can flip 3 releases in the time it take you to sell which will net me more profit.

Who's willing to cop? Look at the Hypebeast pics thread. That's exactly who. Overprivilaged white kids that wanna show off. Why do you think shit actuually does sell for a stack? Those bids start at like 400. The hype and demand makes them go uup, and that's on retros. Real sneakerheads love ogs cause its different, better material, so they'll naturally cop when they see them. Hence, flight club.

July 29, 2012 @ 08:08 PM
*80hd*

Who's willing to cop? Look at the Hypebeast pics thread. That's exactly who. Overprivilaged white kids that wanna show off. Why do you think shit actuually does sell for a stack? Those bids start at like 400. The hype and demand makes them go uup, and that's on retros. Real sneakerheads love ogs cause its different, better material, so they'll naturally cop when they see them. Hence, flight club.

true. people are willing to pay the price knowing theyre getting the originals. Its like a car, you wont get the same price at auction for a restored car with new parts compared to a restored car with all original parts. it just doesnt compare in quality and originality(obviously). @Dyo its sad that you cant understand..
July 30, 2012 @ 12:13 PM
johnbos

Haha, no one ever said anything about making money..
People who buy OG shit these days are collectors, not people trying to make profit.

You are right though about how to make a bigger and faster profit.
If i wanted to make money through sneakers, im not going to go and find someone selling og deadstock jordans, buy them at a crazy price, keep them on ice for even longer and sell them.
Instead, i would buy some retro'd Js for retail that just dropped, keep them on ice and sell them later.

And, you are definitely right about the demand for OG vs retros. There are very few true collectors these days compared to kids wanting fresh shit to rock and "collect".
Most people would want shoes that aren't deteriorating and won't fall apart when they wear them.

But as i originally said, OG stuff will always be worth more than retros.

IG: @johnbos2001

July 30, 2012 @ 02:33 PM
Hellah Fresh

Over your new Shit
July 31, 2012 @ 08:53 AM
greathoudini

I dead stock shoes because I wear some shoes at special occasions or only with nice weather.
Like when I go to a sneaker event or go out with guys I know from the sneakergame I wear better shoes then my beaters.
Sometimes I dead stock shoes because I hate it when everyone walking in a chino, snap back and denim vest has the same shoes as me because they're so hot right now. Then I wait a few months untill everybody forgets about that release and start wearing it myself.
And to finish it off OG's > retro's.
It may still be the same shoes but quality wise there is a big difference.
August 3, 2012 @ 02:36 PM
jayone

all depends on the investment
August 5, 2012 @ 11:35 PM
solesaremysoul

Some people like to keep their shoes deadstock to wear it later on, but some just to wear it once they purchase it.

Please login first to reply.