March 5, 2006 @ 10:36 AM
daddystayjigged

I just got an invite/appointment @ the NYC Nike id concept store but I don't really know the how the store varies from the site i.e. materials, colors and graphic design...

I'm trying to make the most of the experience so I just need some info on possibilities availlable at the concept store than just designing online...

Thanks for the help...
March 5, 2006 @ 11:05 AM
Big Spartacus

The iD store has different materials (like for the upper, or vamp, or heel counter areas) from the site, in addition to a bevy of colors which are not available to the public, not to mention further customizations (like midsole/outsole combos, having every panel of the shoe a different color). And if I'm not mistaken, sometimes they have different model shoes than they do online (I think I read once somewhere they had the AF1, which they don't plan on making a public option). So that's the difference, plus they'll work with you to make your shoe as unique as possible. Just make sure you take lots of pictures (if they let you) and tell us all about it.
March 5, 2006 @ 05:38 PM
nikejigga

how do u get invited? any1 know?
March 5, 2006 @ 05:50 PM
daddystayjigged

how do u get invited? any1 know?

Register online dude Nike iD's site, then they'll give you call. They left me a voicemail on my old cell phone no. I just checked it the other and there was my invite...

"The iD store has different materials (like for the upper, or vamp, or heel counter areas) from the site"

As for the dude who gave me the first reply, good looking out.. I'm trying to go for ostrich, snakeskin mix... I'm kinda in love with my Mita dunks and the crazy materials... but I'll take some pic's with my camera phone it has 1.3 mega pix so they should come out aight...

But I've read some reviews online about the experience it seems anti-climatic (i.e. limitations on colorways so you can't re-create sb exclusives or other collabos) but I'm hoping they allow me to go buck wild if necessary...
March 5, 2006 @ 05:52 PM
thisisourevenge

Where do you register at?
March 5, 2006 @ 08:46 PM
SOLE

yeah my friend got an invite and made AM90 bacons, lol. exact same color, half the price (it cost him 150)
March 5, 2006 @ 10:31 PM

Inactive

:confused: Can some1 answer me this....

I got a homeboy that gave me a Nike ID card with the the address and phone number, can i just call and like it says on the back set up an appointment? Or it doesn't really work like that and he was playing?

:confused:
March 6, 2006 @ 01:24 AM
Big Spartacus

^^^^
There's only one way to find out...

Please login first to reply.