Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
July 13, 2006 @ 12:23 PM
MaxSEVE

The beauty of LRG is that they make smaller "skater" style clothes and larger "hip hop" style clothes. Lrg is sick, after reading that interview I am now a huge fan. It helps a lot when large brands humanize themselves. This worked wonders for Nigo and BAPE a while back when he released that video with him screen printing shirts.
July 13, 2006 @ 12:24 PM
bigsink

just because somene listens to hip hop doesn't mean they want their shirts down to their knees.

just because someone is a skater doesnt mean they want their shirts above their belly button and making direct contact with their armpit hair.

quit with the generalizations.
July 13, 2006 @ 12:29 PM
JN3WMN

just because someone is a skater doesnt mean they want their shirts above their belly button and making direct contact with their armpit hair.

quit with the generalizations.

lol true. that was my point though. >sad
July 13, 2006 @ 12:30 PM
bigsink

"But that's how it is when you're dealing with the ego
get a little status and they think you're too regal
That's the nature of people
Why you think mothafuckas like to feed pigeons
and try to shoot eagles?"

not wearing LRG because someone else does is far worst than blind sheep buying whatevers popular. people need their own identity. stop worryin about what other people wear and do you..
July 13, 2006 @ 12:39 PM
slim

not wearing LRG because someone else does is far worst than blind sheep buying whatevers popular. people need their own identity. stop worryin about what other people wear and do you..

word.
so heads who are hating have no other excuse...
and even these other tall tee cats that rock it with their vans still don't look fresh with it, so just make up your own identity and flow with it...
July 13, 2006 @ 12:41 PM
means

Not a fan for the past two years. The minute I went to magic and saw every f-ing cat rocking their shit I was immediatly turned off. If being an individual is what they're about then they sure are making a shit ton of clones. Their designs are interesting but all of the new shit coming out I just can't get with. Props on their success and I hope those dudes and chicks all the best.
July 13, 2006 @ 12:42 PM
unltd.

Phonte killed that...but, you are right..
July 13, 2006 @ 12:44 PM
Diamond

just because somene listens to hip hop doesn't mean they want their shirts down to their knees.

As being the owner of a skate brand that sends out free promo shirts to
a huge and diverse team of about 65 riders, I can say that 50 percent of my riders wear size large, 30 percent wear XL, 15 percent wear xxl and 5 percent wear xxxl...meaning about 4 of them.

With that said, the majority of pro skaters that ride for Diamond wear shirts that fit and the amount of dudes that still rock the big shit is decreasing, but still there. Although in LA and in SF I do see a lot of young skater kids in footlocker long tees, wit fitteds on just as much as I see the punk/rocker kids.

I think skating as a whole is very diverse..... You have hip hop kids, emo's, punks, rockers, clean cut fresh dudes and the typical skate rat that just don't give a fuck about any type of fashion. LRG caters to the Hip Hop skate heads and those kids do still exist in large numbers.
July 13, 2006 @ 12:50 PM

Inactive

I'd agree to a certain extent. But, we all know it hardly ever works like this. With all the rants about "do you" and "where what you like" most people like to feel like they
July 13, 2006 @ 01:10 PM
bigsink

As being the owner of a skate brand that sends out free promo shirts to
a huge and diverse team of about 65 riders, I can say that 50 percent of my riders wear size large, 30 percent wear XL, 15 percent wear xxl and 5 percent wear xxxl...meaning about 4 of them.

your data may be accurate ,but also remember the demographic your targeting. Most are skinny, and young.

Im 5'8 160, a large shirt would look like female spandex on me. my back is fairly large
July 13, 2006 @ 01:58 PM
doloveira

the streetwear crowd pretty much rocks the same handful of brands, but since the scene is still small (in the grand scheme of things), it makes it ok i guess. i dont really understand it but whatever. where do you draw the line though? everybody rocks polos and lacostes but i dont see people on here talkin about "naw i cant fuck wit polos no more". if its about exclusivity (which i dig), LRG makes limited shit too.
July 13, 2006 @ 02:05 PM
Diamond

I wear Polo all the time and it is my favorite brand.
The thing with polo is that it is universal and LRG is just considered striktly Hip hop clothes. They pigeon holed themselves in that market and escaping that is going to be very hard for them now. Some companies will never be played out because they cover so many different grounds....Nike, lacoste, Polo, Levis and so forth.... others fall victim to having one customer.
July 13, 2006 @ 02:40 PM

Inactive

If LRG never sold out, then someone please tell me why their cut on their tees caters more towards the "ECKO-WEARING-GUNIT LISTENING-I-USED-TO-WEAR-JERSEYS" CROWD. Seriously, I bought 3 medium sized LRG shirts before they blew up, before their merchandise was all over TV and they fit true to size. Now, I walk into my local Zumiez and try on a medium shirt, shit fits like an XL. That's the type of cut that caters more towards the ones who wear oversized shirts, not skaters.

*Waits for some smartass counter-argument*

you havent been down with LRG very long if youre buying it in zumies. LRG went through a little phase for a couple years where they started making some stuff a little more slim fitting. and seeing as zumies is a shitty ass wannabe skateboard shop in the mall with a fake punk image, they wouldnt be buying the larger or more "YO" fitting shit, would they? however, they have been making their stuff on a bigger scale since their SECOND SEASON. they have always been a hip hop centered brand and always catered to that. the only difference is that before they were only big in the underground hip hop scenes, and now its mainstream. so no, it hasnt sold out. youre just mad cuz you dont want to associate yourself with black people. razz jk.

and as far as the DO YOU thing is concerned... thats great, but what if trying to be on the next shit is what that person likes to do?? all i wear are dark jeans, a tshirt and shoes (usually visvim, vans, or older sbs). obviously i dont stand out too much, but i know that im not wearing it to impress anyone but myself. and LRG doesnt impress me anymore cuz i used to wear it when i was a teenager in my underground hip hop stage. im not really too into that shit anymore so i dont really associate with that brand anymore. its not just some random clothing company to me, its a hip hop clothing company, because thats how i was initiated to it. it may be different to most people, who found it at their local skate shop, but i cant. ive never ever hated on them tho. ive just gotten old and jaded and grew out of that style...partly because of the other people picking up on it...its like that with anyone. im sure people talked shit when my generation got into shit....the older generations grow out of something as an influx of new kids come in. get used to it.
July 13, 2006 @ 02:44 PM

Inactive

White and asian people wear LRG more over here. But maybe there's just more white and asian people here period
July 13, 2006 @ 03:05 PM
909jenius

Props to the man Jonas at LRG making his drem come true, he states he didnt sell out, but the real truth is that he did. He did because i use to rock L-R-G when the tees were hanes, the tees were way better designed wise and PRICE. The shit that sucks about this clothing company is that back in the days it was for the " underground head, the person trying to pay there rent" shit was high quality and really good prices. Now you got a fucking belt that cost around $60, what im trying to say if someones going to stick with there "motto", stick with that shit! L-R-G was suppose to be a clothing company that was for the underground head,skater, low income head. Now you got shit costing over$300. Im just saying do the clothes for the peeps that have supported it from day 1, not the shit THAT SELLS! Thats exactly why i rock DIAMOND, he dont give a shit what other people think of, or what sells, he does shit that he likes, clothing companies like that, that i like to support. Stick with the motto " underground inventive, overground efffective" l-r-g is a bunch of sell outs!
July 13, 2006 @ 03:33 PM
Giorgio1

lrg is a nice , decent priced brand with good shit. i never knew the founder was asian...time to go buy some more lrg smile cool cool cool cool
July 13, 2006 @ 03:34 PM
supreme being

Jonas deserves respect. L-R-G sold out ? hahaha.. but yet they have sample sales every year where the shirts almost cost as much as an alstyle apparel WHITE tee, and jeans cost 20 bux even at times 15,before there shirts would just be a logo but now they actually have designs think about it. >sad
July 13, 2006 @ 06:54 PM
elprezzo

Jonas is cool as fuck...and LRG never sold out, they even have two different fits for the slimmer wearing cats and the urban cats...it just sounds like a lot of yall are hating...

Jonas used to work at Urban Outfitters back in the day as a sales associate...so to come from that to pulling up in fresh ass benz's and shit?!?
That's making it pimpin...that cat was real cool wit me everytime...He used to come in my store buying pro models everyday and shit...but would also always politic wit me...

...and I ain't gonna get into the clothes, but they have the basic mall logo shit(cause they are in macy's and stuff now) BUT they also got a bunch of fresh shit u are only gonna find in the boutiques and specialty stores...so stop hating on them cats cause I'll buy a pair of LRG jeans over ANY of these streetwear brands yall pump up on here...

and Diamond has some cool shit too, I just aint into the skate thing like that, but I've seen that cat Diz wear some tite shit from y'all so I'll check for some shit...
July 13, 2006 @ 08:27 PM

Inactive

Props to the man Jonas at LRG making his drem come true, he states he didnt sell out, but the real truth is that he did. He did because i use to rock L-R-G when the tees were hanes, the tees were way better designed wise and PRICE. The shit that sucks about this clothing company is that back in the days it was for the " underground head, the person trying to pay there rent" shit was high quality and really good prices. Now you got a fucking belt that cost around $60, what im trying to say if someones going to stick with there "motto", stick with that shit! L-R-G was suppose to be a clothing company that was for the underground head,skater, low income head. Now you got shit costing over$300. Im just saying do the clothes for the peeps that have supported it from day 1, not the shit THAT SELLS! Thats exactly why i rock DIAMOND, he dont give a shit what other people think of, or what sells, he does shit that he likes, clothing companies like that, that i like to support. Stick with the motto " underground inventive, overground efffective" l-r-g is a bunch of sell outs!

dude they still have the cheap shit...their shirts are still 23 retail and the quality is WAY better. full cut and sew. only thing is this, stores will charge more for it cuz they know it will sell. and the stores may just be buying the more expensive shit. maybe you should be shopping at different stores. who said a company cant be making 60 dollar belts? they can do both if they feel like it.
July 13, 2006 @ 10:31 PM
slim

Jonas deserves respect. L-R-G sold out ? hahaha.. but yet they have sample sales every year where the shirts almost cost as much as an alstyle apparel WHITE tee, and jeans cost 20 bux even at times 15,before there shirts would just be a logo but now they actually have designs think about it. >sad

man...
I'm still waiting on the sale for this year...
July 14, 2006 @ 01:16 AM
Ralph Lauren

Jonas gets respect from me , but he'll never reach my status.
July 14, 2006 @ 09:31 AM

Inactive

LRG has changed ALOT in the past 3 years

i cant hate on em for their success, but to say they havent changed their core image would be foolish

their designs used to be alot cleaner, but they always had a nature theme going on

i think the worst thing about LRG right now is that they have so many pieces that are basically just logo tees

i understand that they're popular right now, so they're just caking off their own brand image, but its boring to me
July 15, 2006 @ 11:46 PM

Inactive

I wonder about you people sometimes......You claim to be so underground and anti-mainstream but you mirror the major fashion house consumers so much. You will buy an exclusive tee from an underground designers because of the limitedness of it the same way people buy Fendi bags or LV dog carriers. Isn't what's most important the design and quality and NOT who makes it and how many other people MIGHT have it? I wear what appeals to me no matter who makes it or how many pieces were shipped out. Granted, I don't like to see anyone else wearing the same shit I am, but that dosen't mean I'll wear some bullshit just so I can tell you that only 5 in the world of this tee exist. LRG is dope. hands down. They make great quality jeans for the price and their cut and sew is on point. They have started shipping out way more product and alot of it is Logo based bullshit. But that does not take away from the quality of the good pieces they make. Big props to Jonas, I'm sure every label owner would love to be in their spot right about now(unless they are enjoying Taco Bell, their parents houses and their Mini-vans)
All I'm saying is step your way of thinking up a bit. Wear what appeals to you and put blinders on when it comes to what label produced it.
July 16, 2006 @ 09:31 AM
shersher

I know that they have never sold out to a larger brand, if that is what you mean. I remember Puffy tried to buy them a few years ago, but Jonas didn't sell. I am not a fan of the gear either, but I will give respect wher respect is do. He had a dream and he made it happen X 10.
They are the #1 Urban brand in the world! Do you understand how big that is?.... were talking hundreds of millions of dollars. Not bad for some average kid from the suburbs.

Nick, I am definitely with you. It is all about inspiring others and I am happy to see people like this because I am on the same path. People don't understand how hard it is to make it in this industry. So you definitely gotta Respect that
July 16, 2006 @ 09:23 PM
Cake4me

All this negative talk bout Jonas...he did what he wanted and needed to do. He's on top of his game and doesnt really care if any yall respects what hes doin right now. Number 1 urban brand is right on the money!!!!!!!!!!!!
July 16, 2006 @ 09:25 PM
JN3WMN

Jonas gets respect from me , but he'll never reach my status.

lol.

Please login first to reply.