Halloween Sale - Up to 25% Off Your Entire Order - Use Code: NOTRICKS14
March 4, 2006 @ 05:08 PM
schtoops1

its ridiculous to blame BAPE for the pricing, when people are paying for it. Its basically just priced itself as a luxury streetwear item, similar to brands such as NDG. But the quality definetly isnt as good as NDG.

BAPE has tight control of distribution and it's pricing. i have to say that if i owned a brand, regardless of what i could sell the stuff for or what kind of profit i could make, i wouldn't want to sell tees for $90. i wouldn't want people who were willing to pay $90 for a tee wearing my shit. and has BAPE really done anything new lately? i don't really follow the shit, but it seems like they just rehash they same patterns and designs year after year with new colorways.

alot of independent brands try to keep their prices down as much as possible so kids who respond to it can afford it and wear it. like andrew316 said, it's tough to keep wholesale prices (to retailers) below $12-14 when you're printing less than 1,000 shirts especially with alot of the elaborate printing going on now.

also, small brand owners are selective over where their lines are carried. they want to be carried alongside other brands they like. and it's tough to bring your costs and prices down when your line is carried in less than 25 stores in the world.

it's a pretty big balancing act and running a small independent business is tough. support real shit and help these guys pay some rent or help nigo buy another spongebob necklace. whatevs.
March 5, 2006 @ 04:42 AM
jjs home

Dudes a hater

if he's such a non-conforming do his own thing kinda guy, why is he all judgemental about what everyone else is doing, patricularly in genres totally unrelated to his own

dudes upset about fronts, but he isn't from the hoods of say brooklyn or the dirty south where the shits have been a part of street-culture, yet he feels he can give a good commentary on it. I just find it funny why dude even wants to make this commentary on what a rapper would buy. According to the little blurb on DG dude is saying its wasteful, but its not as if this guy is in the projects handnig out free trukeys on thanksgiving. Whats his alternative proposition about what people should be buying of doing with their money? CREAM tees?. Even if dude is one of the legions and legions of "used to be down with 'true-school", 'old-school', 'back when hip-hop was real'" hipsters, dudes list of classic rapers would consist of a list of cats that rocked fronts. Rakim, Biz Markie, even less "old school" Raekwon all wore fronts so why are we so critical of them now?

it just seems very funny thats a "streetwear company" would have such a negative opinions of what people have been diong in the REAL "streets" for over 20 years

dude doesn't like nigo, but for what reason, because Nigo blew himself up 100 times bigger then this dude ever could? If people don't like to buy $80 t-shirts, don't buy them, but if people are so upset about other people buying them, find a new cause. Why wuold anyone be so concerned about anyone like that anyways. I don't hold any of Nigo's pricing against him, because it all falls behind his concept. You can knock dudes qaulity, but its not like every designer brand out there doesn't charge similar prices for similar goods. A Louis Vuitton Baseball jacket costs $1800, so its not like so many other respected brands don't mark up based on name and numbers alone. if you can move products like that more power to you, especially if you can even keep it giong for 10 years plus like nigo. I just see it as all too convenient that dude choses to lash out at a person like Nigo now, when dudes had kids lining up outside his stores for half a decade giving his brand the same reception.

you can say dudes even getting the attention he deserves just by even saying this shit, but I really can't respect much about a whole line that hates on shit that really has nothing to do with the creator or target audience

these comments pretty much match my ideas about dude

After reading this I must say Rick Klotz is a fuckin idiot! I have no problem buying sneakers for $300.00 or shoppin for shit that I like.... So I guess I am a kook and a Bitch too. Get over yourself Rick, your not that cool and I remember when u started your FreshJive company as a skate clothing brand and then you abandoned skate to make Rave clothes when U found out that there was more money in selling your lame clothes to kids on exstacy then to kids that skate.Then you decide to try to get back into skate when the rave shit died. Who's the poser dude?
March 5, 2006 @ 10:54 AM
RayRock

Everyone knows why Bape is what it is. Limited runs of merchandise sold at a pricepoint to keep it out of the hands of people unless they truly want it.

That way it doesn't bet played out because everyone and their mom is wearing Bape. Unless you got loads if cash you aren't going to wear Bape, or unless you really want it. Why hate on people who have the money for it. That's their privelage. we live in a system of upper and lower class and Nigo intends his products to be for the upper class.

I use my love for Bape as a means to drive myself to work hard and do better.

Oh yeah and Fresh Jive is wack because EVERYONE has access to it and it got played out. Every little high school kid in the 90's had some Jive gear. He's just player hatin cuz Nigo did exactly what he was trying to do, but prolly beyond anything he had ever hoped.

I remember back in the day when it was a skate brand and then became a rave brand and back to skate again. It lost alot of credibility because Jive kept switching the focus of its market. Jive was catering to whoever would buy the gear. Man's just player hatin, fuck him his shit is wack anyway.
March 5, 2006 @ 11:17 AM
My Pal the Crook

Everyone knows why Bape is what it is. Limited runs of merchandise sold at a pricepoint to keep it out of the hands of people unless they truly want it.

That way it doesn't bet played out because everyone and their mom is wearing Bape. Unless you got loads if cash you aren't going to wear Bape, or unless you really want it. Why hate on people who have the money for it. That's their privelage. we live in a system of upper and lower class and Nigo intends his products to be for the upper class.

I use my love for Bape as a means to drive myself to work hard and do better.

Oh yeah and Fresh Jive is wack because EVERYONE has access to it and it got played out. Every little high school kid in the 90's had some Jive gear. He's just player hatin cuz Nigo did exactly what he was trying to do, but prolly beyond anything he had ever hoped.

I remember back in the day when it was a skate brand and then became a rave brand and back to skate again. It lost alot of credibility because Jive kept switching the focus of its market. Jive was catering to whoever would buy the gear. Man's just player hatin, fuck him his shit is wack anyway.

Just some food for thought while you play on about Rick Klotz switching gears from Skate to rave and back to skate again as means to discredit him.

Bape doesnt resemble AT ALL the label it was when it started and who it marketed itself at. It has done the exact same thing everyone is blasting Freshjive for. When Bape started it wasn't candy coated camo on Lil' Wayne. It was simple bold graphics and colors on Sonic Youth, The Beasties, James Lavelle & Ian Brown. I never ever ever associated BAPE as a Hip Hop brand until about 3 years ago. So they too switched gears for what they saw as "greener" pastures. Old Bape has more in common with Hysteric Glamour than the Sanrio look it currently is cultivating.

Stussy has done the exact same thing also when it "sold out" and became the Frat brand of choice in the mid 90s. They've done a really good job of making most true-school heads forget about that and re-establish their cool, but they too like Bape and Freshjive jumped ship at one point.

Everyone has done it, all the original brands are guilty of it, well except XLarge I suppose.
March 5, 2006 @ 12:35 PM
Rosewood

very well said Crook.
March 5, 2006 @ 12:59 PM
jjs home

crook, so what are you saying is different about bape other then whos wearing it? last i checked they were doing ape head camo jackets when biggie was still alive?
March 5, 2006 @ 03:14 PM
Diamond

How can you say Stussy ever jumped ship when they have been a mall frat-boy brand from the beginning? I don't know how old any of you are on here, but Stussy has always had a skate/surf influence, but they also had their own section at Macy's since way back in the early 80's which gave them the captain of the football team jock appeal. Stussy never abandoned skaters, skaters abandoned Stussy way back in the 80's when we realized it was not that cool. Only skate/surf poser college kids and lil gromets wore stussy throughout the entire 90's. I don't think Stussy ever tried to stray away from skate, they just lost the skate appeal because they were too mainstream.

Bape never turned hiphop either... what the hell are you talking about?
Hip Hop became Bape.... thats what happened. Bape gear in no way followed the likes of Akademiks, Echo, Sean John or LRG. I don't think Nigo just decided he wanted to turn into a trendy HipHop superbrand one day.... it just happened because his clothes were undeniably fresh and music heads such as Pharrell and Kanye.... "who both have been into Supreme/Bape gear before they became famous" were rockin it on MTV.

I can't believe people are hating so hard on Bape just because a few famous rappers picked up on something cooler than Roca Wear.

I don't think Stussy or Bape ever jumped ship on anything like FreshJive has over and over again. FreshJive has no room to talk shit on Bape or any other brand out thr when they are the only ones who have ever really been chasing whatever market is popular at the time.

Limited edition tee shirts are all the rage and "what's cool" rite now, so of course FreshJive made these shirts in question super limited and only available on Digital Gravel.com

Who's really being corny here?
March 5, 2006 @ 04:01 PM

Inactive

This is a very controversial subject. I would love to hear more before I state mine ( ;
March 5, 2006 @ 04:20 PM
My Pal the Crook

How can you say Stussy ever jumped ship when they have been a mall frat-boy brand from the beginning? I don't know how old any of you are on here, but Stussy has always had a skate/surf influence, but they also had their own section at Macy's since way back in the early 80's which gave them the captain of the football team jock appeal. Stussy never abandoned skaters, skaters abandoned Stussy way back in the 80's when we realized it was not that cool. Only skate/surf poser college kids and lil gromets wore stussy throughout the entire 90's. I don't think Stussy ever tried to stray away from skate, they just lost the skate appeal because they were too mainstream.

Bape never turned hiphop either... what the hell are you talking about?
Hip Hop became Bape.... thats what happened. Bape gear in no way followed the likes of Akademiks, Echo, Sean John or LRG. I don't think Nigo just decided he wanted to turn into a trendy HipHop superbrand one day.... it just happened because his clothes were undeniably fresh and music heads such as Pharrell and Kanye.... "who both have been into Supreme/Bape gear before they became famous" were rockin it on MTV.

I can't believe people are hating so hard on Bape just because a few famous rappers picked up on something cooler than Roca Wear.

I don't think Stussy or Bape ever jumped ship on anything like FreshJive has over and over again. FreshJive has no room to talk shit on Bape or any other brand out thr when they are the only ones who have ever really been chasing whatever market is popular at the time.

Limited edition tee shirts are all the rage and "what's cool" rite now, so of course FreshJive made these shirts in question super limited and only available on Digital Gravel.com

Who's really being corny here?

Dude what are you talking about?? Nigo has made a deliberate effort to have Bape associated with Hip Hop. While yes they aren't putting out Akademiks, Roca and LRG like gear, how is their candy colored cartoon graphics of now not a better executed more inventive version of what Icebergs and Lot 29's approuch was to hip hop gear? And Bape hasn't followed in the steps of Ecko? Oh really?? Ecko didn't do a huge liscenced goods campaign with Marvel that ended as little as 4 years ago? Nigo has had Pharrell by his side at all times over the past 4 years, that wasn't an overt attempt to make strides into the american Hip Hop market? You think the two really chill and are best buds? Nigo can barley speak english and I know pharrell doesn't speak Japanese. You think pharrell has been a Bape supporter since day one and once he got some fame he reached out, come on get real. And Kanye??? Are you just throwing names out there hoping something sticks? show me a picture of Kanye baped out. I don't think i've ever even seen him rock bape (with the exception of maybe bapestas) and he wasn't doing it 3 years ago. You think Nigo always walked around in diamond encrusted fronts and blinged the fuck out with medallions with swarovski crystels adorning almost every Bape product? Scrounge up some old pics of Nigo from the Ape Sounds, Mo Wax era. You want to defend Bape? I wa snever attacking them i was just saying how things went. I didn't say Bape hasn't rubbed off on Hip Hop today, But don't act like it just happened to happen out of the blue. It was an intentional marketing move.

As for Stussy.. Macy's in the 80s and Macys in 2006 are two very very different places. In 1980 how many real retail outlets were there for a brand like Stussy at the rate in which it was growing? Or for any other streetwear brands across the country? The streetwear boutique didn't exist back then and Macy's juggled lots of different hats from from upscale to business, to preppie, to casua, to sport, to skate, to even embryonic versions of what Urban outfitters esque shit. Shit Macy's and Kids R Us used to have damn good skate sections back in the 80s also stocked with classic Powell, Airwalk and Vans Gear. It obviously exposed Stussy to larger auidence but selling at a Macy's back in the 80s wasn't a move to sell just a move for growth. Stussy didn't start it's rapid jock expansion until the mid 90s when they activley persued the Chess King & Merry Go Round esque mall shops and Large Sports gear retailers to carry them after seeing the inroads Mossimo was making after going that route. How is that not abandoning skate and surf scene?

JJs: the Ape head Camo has been around for a while. But It's candy colored, multi camo swarovski mutation is relativly a new thing. I'm not sure where you can find a resource of old Bape gear pics, but look at Bape product from even as late as 2001 or '02 and it has a very different feel. It's more tech, functional and simple. Obvioulsy the ape head motiff is still present then as it is now, but the look of Old Bape is More a mix of Recon and Hysteric Glamour than what it looks like now. I'm not saying it's a badthing becaus ethere have been some really great pieces over the the past couple of years, but it is a different feel to the line and it is deliberate. Also before anyone used the Biggie picture with the jacket to state "oh look, they been hip hop since whenever". Biggies is not wearing the jacket, Bape never made product that would have even remotley fit Biggie back then. If I remember correctly, the jacket belonged to the photographer who draped it over Biggie before the photo was taken.
March 5, 2006 @ 05:01 PM

Inactive

BAPE has always been made in Japan, and has had more of a Japanese influence than north american hip-hop influence.. Nigo's aligning of himself with N.A Hip-hop is just an attempt to reach out to the American Market. Instead of doing normal advertising ie . print, billboards, TV , he uses his connections with hip-hop artists, celebs (good charlottee, edison chan), to promote his brand.

I dont see how this can be seen as such a negative thing. I mean BAPE aint for me really, but i gotta respect how he's grown and developed the brand over time. It still carries the BAPE asthetic, no matter how it changes its promotion methods

simple fact, just look at their sizing, its hardly like that of urban brands that brands like Rocawear pursue...

regardless, in the end its just clothing, and customers have the choice over what to wear and what to leave hanging on the shelf
March 5, 2006 @ 05:03 PM
Kevin Ma

reading this thread is like reading a term paper... lol :rofl:

HYPEBEAST.COM

March 5, 2006 @ 05:14 PM
Diamond

Dude what are you talking about?? Nigo has made a deliberate effort to have Bape associated with Hip Hop. While yes they aren't putting out Akademiks, Roca and LRG like gear, how is their candy colored cartoon graphics of now not a better executed more inventive version of what Icebergs and Lot 29's approuch was to hip hop gear? And Bape hasn't followed in the steps of Ecko? Oh really?? Ecko didn't do a huge liscenced goods campaign with Marvel that ended as little as 4 years ago? Nigo has had Pharrell by his side at all times over the past 4 years, that wasn't an overt attempt to make strides into the american Hip Hop market? You think the two really chill and are best buds? Nigo can barley speak english and I know pharrell doesn't speak Japanese. You think pharrell has been a Bape supporter since day one and once he got some fame he reached out, come on get real. And Kanye??? Are you just throwing names out there hoping something sticks? show me a picture of Kanye baped out. I don't think i've ever even seen him rock bape (with the exception of maybe bapestas) and he wasn't doing it 3 years ago. You think Nigo always walked around in diamond encrusted fronts and blinged the fuck out with medallions with swarovski crystels adorning almost every Bape product? Scrounge up some old pics of Nigo from the Ape Sounds, Mo Wax era. You want to defend Bape? I wa snever attacking them i was just saying how things went. I didn't say Bape hasn't rubbed off on Hip Hop today, But don't act like it just happened to happen out of the blue. It was an intentional marketing move.

As for Stussy.. Macy's in the 80s and Macys in 2006 are two very very different places. In 1980 how many real retail outlets were there for a brand like Stussy at the rate in which it was growing? Or for any other streetwear brands across the country? The streetwear boutique didn't exist back then and Macy's juggled lots of different hats from from upscale to business, to preppie, to casua, to sport, to skate, to even embryonic versions of what Urban outfitters esque shit. Shit Macy's and Kids R Us used to have damn good skate sections back in the 80s also stocked with classic Powell, Airwalk and Vans Gear. It obviously exposed Stussy to larger auidence but selling at a Macy's back in the 80s wasn't a move to sell just a move for growth. Stussy didn't start it's rapid jock expansion until the mid 90s when they activley persued the Chess King & Merry Go Round esque mall shops and Large Sports gear retailers to carry them after seeing the inroads Mossimo was making after going that route. How is that not abandoning skate and surf scene?

JJs: the Ape head Camo has been around for a while. But It's candy colored, multi camo swarovski mutation is relativly a new thing. I'm not sure where you can find a resource of old Bape gear pics, but look at Bape product from even as late as 2001 or '02 and it has a very different feel. It's more tech, functional and simple. Obvioulsy the ape head motiff is still present then as it is now, but the look of Old Bape is More a mix of Recon and Hysteric Glamour than what it looks like now. I'm not saying it's a badthing becaus ethere have been some really great pieces over the the past couple of years, but it is a different feel to the line and it is deliberate. Also before anyone used the Biggie picture with the jacket to state "oh look, they been hip hop since whenever". Biggies is not wearing the jacket, Bape never made product that would have even remotley fit Biggie back then. If I remember correctly, the jacket belonged to the photographer who draped it over Biggie before the photo was taken.

Personally I have no reason to defend Bape since I personally don't own or wear Bape anything except some old shit from years ago. I just don't think him be-friending Pharrell was an attempt to get into the mainstream hiphop clothing scene since Pharrell doesn't even dress like a typical hip hop dude... except for his flashy jewelry. Homeboy just looks like a regular skater cat. I always saw Bape & BBC/Ice Cream as something they collabarated on to hit the same market as brands such as Supreme. Yes, I agree that since Pharrell has had such a impact on fashion amongst other rappers in the past 2 years that it made Bape a strait up Hip Hop Brand, but I don't see it as something that was planned that way. Maybe it was, but I have personally never seen it like that. As far as Nigo dressing different and making different clothing styles then what he began with is called progression and change. People change and so does fashion. Is he suppose to make the same damn army jacket he made 5 years ago? The dude has so much damn money and such a rediculously successful brand....Buying diamonds and other flashy expensive things must be fun for him.

I never said one thing bad about Stussy being in Macy's, all I said is it eventually made it not cool to skaters. When skaters stopped buying it then obviously they are not just going to dead the company. They just focused on the other markets that were still keeping them in business. That doesn't mean they switched gear all of a sudden and decided skateboarding wasn't cool anymore. The skaters decided Stussy wasn't cool on thr own. There is a difference.
March 5, 2006 @ 05:16 PM
jjs home

Dude what are you talking about?? Nigo has made a deliberate effort to have Bape associated with Hip Hop.

I don't agree, As a person into fashion and who lives hip-hop I can tell you it was us gravitating towards them. I remember being introduced to bapestas in like 2001, which is DUMB early for a person living in Newark at the time, and while searching Nigo was already doing promo shirts for roc-a-fellas Japan tours and what not. Now I can't say if Nigo begged Jay to do shirts or vice-versa, but bottom line before The Hip-Hop culture was paying attention to Bape in America Nigo was fucking with American Hip hop in japan. Just knowing nIgo it often said he's Long been a fan of US hip-hop before the US was a fan of him, so him making clothes that would appeal to Hip hop persons is only an expression of himself, not an atempt to target america, cause dudes designs have not changed much. The jacket biggies wearing look exactly like the noe that was released this year in different colors as well, so thats not a big change, Northface, who makes that jacket its copying changes their colors by season too

While yes they aren't putting out Akademiks, Roca and LRG like gear, how is their candy colored cartoon graphics of now not a better executed more inventive version of what Icebergs and Lot 29's approuch was to hip hop gear?

You cannot say any of those brands and iceberg in the same sentence. While Iceberg did use cartoon characters which you may not have been a fan of, no one was and has snice dnone sweaters of their quality. Classic Berg has the most intricate intarga graphics with very pongiant embriodery and appliques that none of the other cmopanies mentioned have even come remotely close to. For me persnoally again as a person living hip hop, doing Bape line ups to cop their knits the first days they dropped, it was the italian quality that made the products classics, not the cartoons, Companies like gucci and LV dnot even do sweaters that detailed. The closest curret brand diong it would be lucien pillet-finet who charges like two gees for less craftsmanship.

And Bape hasn't followed in the steps of Ecko? Oh really?? Ecko didn't do a huge liscenced goods campaign with Marvel that ended as little as 4 years ago?

No one in the hood fucked with the ECKO/marvel shit, it was trash. Anyone even fucking with Echo two years after the name change had missed the boat. They both liscienced with marvel, but Bape seemed to make their shirts pop. I don't like them because fuck comic books, but their liscensing seems to have tapped more into charater color schemes for shoes, as opposed to the Ecko comic book cover tees. If its like that why are we sogassed about freshjives fronts shirt when only 300 shirts about fronts came out last season?

Nigo has had Pharrell by his side at all times over the past 4 years, that wasn't an overt attempt to make strides into the american Hip Hop market? You think the two really chill and are best buds? Nigo can barley speak english and I know pharrell doesn't speak Japanese. You think pharrell has been a Bape supporter since day one and once he got some fame he reached out, come on get real. And Kanye??? Are you just throwing names out there hoping something sticks? show me a picture of Kanye baped out. I don't think i've ever even seen him rock bape (with the exception of maybe bapestas) and he wasn't doing it 3 years ago.

Again as a persno who Lives hip hop, I'm telling you these dudes hopped on Nigo's cock. Look who you're talking about, Pharrrell and Kanye, the two biggest "I'll do anything no matter how stupid to be different" motherfuckers in Hip-hop. Nigos been doing him heavy before these cats, however they like to be able to say "ah you ain't up on this" so they hoped on his wave, and its all good. i even read in two different articles about these dudes seeking uot Nigo, not vice-versa, however he fucks with them because they are good for business, and dude probably appreciates their good music like everyone else in the world. Pharrell already had been created the whole BBC thing before he knew Nigo, so why would he spend dumb long pushing Nigos shit and not his own if he wasn't just gassed to rock.

You think Nigo always walked around in diamond encrusted fronts and blinged the fuck out with medallions

thats damn near everyone right now in hip hop period. Its not like Nigo didn't start doing it the exact same time as pharrell who is the hip hop artists, where you say the style originated from, as opposed to be after, both got big chains and fronts at like the same second, and I severly doubt nigos fakin the fucnk on the fronts cnosidering he got his shits permed, while his Hip Hop superfriend is just cappin

with swarovski crystels adorning almost every Bape product?

again I don't agree, dude was doing this at about the same time if not a little earlier. Nigo had the crystaled out sweat shirts in like 2003 around when it was starting to pop again in hiphop

Scrounge up some old pics of Nigo from the Ape Sounds, Mo Wax era. You want to defend Bape? I wa snever attacking them i was just saying how things went. I didn't say Bape hasn't rubbed off on Hip Hop today, But don't act like it just happened to happen out of the blue. It was an intentional marketing move.

I dunno man, My earliest recollection of seing bape as it released was 2001. What i saw was what i see now. All the bapestas were white base, but I saw pink camo checks, lime green snake skin, purple, Basic tees, one particularly the roc-a-fella one and ones similar to what he still does. You say dude just became mister colorful, but back in 2000-2001 with his pepsi can campaign dude was definetly freakin off both pink and blue camo along with green, and that shit was dumb colorful, and dude still does the unkle shits, and the tech shit, just in different ways. Dudes 2005 leather stuff was bananas and it had no logos, just straight design and construction driven

And again I'm saying this a a person RARELy buys bape, because the shit ain't that special, but as a person who has been paying attention

JJs: the Ape head Camo has been around for a while. But It's candy colored, multi camo swarovski mutation is relativly a new thing. I'm not sure where you can find a resource of old Bape gear pics, but look at Bape product from even as late as 2001 or '02 and it has a very different feel.

I don't agree, I nkow for a fact dude was doing pink and blue camo in 01

It's more tech, functional and simple.

touched on this, dude still does it

Obvioulsy the ape head motiff is still present then as it is now, but the look of Old Bape is More a mix of Recon and Hysteric Glamour than what it looks like now.

I'd need a better explenation as too why, because the stuff still has tech extras and what not, however I will agree it has gotten more colorful in general, but it still maintains true with other pieces

I'm not saying it's a badthing becaus ethere have been some really great pieces over the the past couple of years, but it is a different feel to the line and it is deliberate.

I'm sure dudes differences ARE diliberate, but not because of America, rather just because of his own tadtes. How can Purple camo even be devired from what hip hop was searching for? We went from solid color throwbacks, solid tees, and muted striped buttons ups, to & different camo shades? How does that make sense? If anything hip hop bucked left heavy just to hop on. And again I do reiterate, Nigo was been nito, and even trying to do hip hop in japan since way before America wanted anything to do with him. DUdes not real but has been diong hip hop for himself before for anyone else

Also before anyone used the Biggie picture with the jacket to state "oh look, they been hip hop since whenever". Biggies is not wearing the jacket, Bape never made product that would have even remotley fit Biggie back then. If I remember correctly, the jacket belonged to the photographer who draped it over Biggie before the photo was taken

I agree. You will never ever ever ever ever hear me say biggie WORE bape, The photographer did it for his personal joke, but it is simply a great example of a bape piece from 95 96 blah blah
March 5, 2006 @ 06:05 PM
jaydee

:thumbsdown: not a big fan. i was kinda scared how they took all the links to the other stuff down and kinda changed the site a bit.
March 5, 2006 @ 06:40 PM
thisisourevenge

Yep, definitely got the Fronts shirt.
March 5, 2006 @ 06:53 PM

Inactive

reading this thread is like reading a term paper... lol :rofl:

Oh man, I totally agree Kevin. I am going to read this post at the end of the night. Its getting interesting. Both sides do have some "crazily" good points ( ;
March 6, 2006 @ 12:09 AM
bobbyhundreds

This is hands-down the BEST post I have EVER seen on the HB boards.

FINALLY
FINALLY
FINALLY!!!!!

Some intelligent discussion, thought-out arguments, and ..well.. dude, I'm just grateful that there are finally some hardcore opinions on here, and people are willing to butt heads over this stuff.
Don't get me wrong, I love all the back-slapping and big-ups that the HB lovefest is known for, but it's good to see some serious analysis goin' down!

Let the games begin. :dance: :dance: :dance:
March 6, 2006 @ 03:51 AM
jobeboje

Didnt Nigo jack designs from FUCT? Also im glad he got fronts that fool had terrible teeth. Clothing is the new medium and the medium is the message.
March 13, 2006 @ 09:04 PM

Inactive

The way I see is that people are the one that assign prices and gives value to a product. If a company can see that we can afford a $400 dollar hoodie, why not sell it for that much? So who are we to blame?

Man, it takes hell of a lot of work, time and effort to start a company, especially in the beginning stages when we could barely put food on the table while keeping a part-time job. I am sure Bobby and whoever runs a line should know. Theres always new brands starting every day, thinking they can 'make it'. However, if they don't see any big returns within the first few months, they get discourage and shut down shop. This industry is rough, its not a game anymore and pretty much life-threatening if you pour massive amounts of money without having a direction. Often times, companies ask for help from investors. So yes, I would have to agree that a lot of favorite brands are ran by inside investors and etc, so its extremely hard to be independent. With all due respect, I'd have to give mad props to Rick Klotz if his company is still independent, even til this day when we're all in for the same freaken race. Big ups to The Hundreds for running it straight from their own pockets as well. So anyone that is in the game deserves all the credit they could get.
March 14, 2006 @ 12:42 AM
GORILLARMS

The Nigo tee is funny and one of the coolest shirts out .

Please login first to reply.