Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
March 2, 2006 @ 04:31 PM

Inactive

personally i think bape is getting boring..
too many ppl are starting to wear it, soon its gona come out as much as a sean john or ecko shirts..
sorry but i think bape is dead

what are your opinions? :hmmm:
March 2, 2006 @ 04:40 PM
Jacques Slade

soon its gona come out as much as a sean john or ecko shirts..

GOD 4bid.

Though at the moment I think the line is a bit stale.

Your friend, TSM-in-N.Y.
March 2, 2006 @ 04:41 PM
CAtoNY

How can you compare a boutique brand with a stuipid-high price point to cheapo department store brands? Especially a store with only a few international locations?
March 2, 2006 @ 04:43 PM

Inactive

I dont think its dead yet at least not here in the west coast and the long beach area where i live. I am still the only person i see when i go to the mall wearing bape but now more people ask me about where i buy my bape instead just staring at me like what the hell am i wearing. I do see alot more fape than real bape though so i think it getting popular. I think it will probably die once BWS LA comes out. But i still only see a few people wearing bape so in the Long beach it aint dead cuz it barely starting. You guys seen the bape tag that says "We Early" but in LB "We Late":rofl:
March 2, 2006 @ 04:44 PM

Inactive

well i dont mean to sound like a self centered ass lol
but to me, its kinda getting annoying seeing all these ppl around u wearing fape or bape and doesnt even understand the style
they just wear it so they can fit in
but u know thats just me so dont flame
March 2, 2006 @ 04:47 PM
Denzel

its not dead in the UK, but as a limited clothing brand, with every single BWS that opens, which is like 2/3 a year now, it dies a little and becomes a little less limited and sweet.
March 2, 2006 @ 04:50 PM

Inactive

How can you compare a boutique brand with a stuipid-high price point to cheapo department store brands? Especially a store with only a few international locations?

i mean its going to see be as popular as sean john and other shit everyone wears.
March 2, 2006 @ 04:59 PM

Inactive

as long as they keep opening boutiques in cosmopolitan cities, it ain't dead yet. look at half the posts on the message boards...it's all bape or nike.

to compare bape to shit like echo and sean john....dude you need to do some research.
March 2, 2006 @ 05:01 PM
rakis

The "BAPE is dead" notion has been running for a while...there is a pic of Notorious Biggie wearing BAPE back in 1997....its still around and it didn't explode in the US or UK then....BAPE frenzy did grip Asia around 2000-2003 but then it really became quiet...now, BAPE is really hot again...its cyclical...the frenzy might die down again...the formula remains the same, limited quantities in a few stores around in the world, resellers pushing prices higher etc.....I personally doubt it will become Sean John/Ecko as its been around for 10 years and it still has not happened....I am sure quite a number of BAPEheads here don't even remember 1995 or heard of BAPE back then....it is an established brand, not a newbie...its new to those who just discovered it of course but its been around and seems to still have a buzz around it....it might seem boring at the moment but bear in mind, each label has collections per season....BAPE's clothes are seasonal....just wait till Orange Camos drop (a prophecy)......then peeps will be crazy for orange camo and the prices of purple camos will soften a little....there might even be a Fujiwara x BAPE collab, or Takahashi x BAPE collab...who knows what BAPE will come out with next...
March 2, 2006 @ 05:05 PM

Inactive

dead for the lable and dead for backpackers is different:stoneface:
talk some people in japan they will probly said its a done deal for em.
so if u wear it to be like 'look at me im on exclusive shit' then i guess itl be dead for u if u wear it cause u like it then its done when they stop making shit u like
March 2, 2006 @ 05:42 PM

Inactive

its too expensive and hard to find to get as big and sjc and ecko......itll stay exclusive.....and nigo will put out more extravegant clothing and footwear...and god knows wtf else.
March 2, 2006 @ 05:47 PM
hysteric

I am afraid that bape is slowly gonna get played. With people like lil wayne and chris brown wearing in videos. I think that it might be like evisu which kinda the same thing is happening, kids see 50 cent wearing evisus and think that its cool. Its not really street anymore.
March 2, 2006 @ 05:50 PM

Inactive

The "BAPE is dead" notion has been running for a while...there is a pic of Notorious Biggie wearing BAPE back in 1995....its still around and it didn't explode in the US or UK then....BAPE frenzy did grip Asia around 2000-2003 but then it really became quiet...now, BAPE is really hot again...its cyclical...the frenzy might die down again...the formula remains the same, limited quantities in a few stores around in the world, resellers pushing prices higher etc.....I personally doubt it will become Sean John/Ecko as its been around for 10 years and it still has not happened....I am sure quite a number of BAPEheads here don't even remember 1995 or heard of BAPE back then....it is an established brand, not a newbie...its new to those who just discovered it of course but its been around and seems to still have a buzz around it....it might seem boring at the moment but bear in mind, each label has collections per season....BAPE's clothes are seasonal....just wait till Orange Camos drop (a prophecy)......then peeps will be crazy for orange camo and the prices of purple camos will soften a little....there might even be a Fujiwara x BAPE collab, or Takahashi x BAPE collab...who knows what BAPE will come out with next...

datz what im sayin.....just longer with bigger words and a more detailed thesis statement....oh yeah and here.

March 2, 2006 @ 06:16 PM
kmjbape

i think it will definatly die down but you cant say its dead cuz i think all the rappers will stop wearin before alot of people even know about, theres alot of people who have no idea what it is
March 2, 2006 @ 08:29 PM

Inactive

I don't think Bape's dead, but I will tell you this, the Day the decide to start have a sale's rack in BWS or have a 20, 30, 40....etc % off day.....i'm done with it!!!!!
March 2, 2006 @ 08:40 PM
jin

Bape is out of date with bullshit price and boring design
March 2, 2006 @ 09:06 PM
Denzel

there is a pic of Notorious Biggie wearing BAPE back in 1995

LOL, Biggie aint actually wearing a bape M65 there, they didnt make that kind of camo anywhere near when he was alive.

It was part of a series that an artist done, cant remember the details or the name, but they had it at FATE.com, site is down at the moment though.
March 3, 2006 @ 02:39 AM
rakis

That is not the pic that I am talking about. The one I have is from the Maharishi Camo book, a huge comprehensive encyclopaedia on the history of camo....Notorious is wearing very clearly wearing BAPE...

"Notorious BIG in the A Bathing Ape Version of the US military-issue ECWCS jacket, printed in the "Duckhunter Ape" camouflage pattern, Good Luck Bar, Los Feliz, Los Angelas, March 1997"

It looks something like this:

March 3, 2006 @ 02:53 AM
Ronald Yeung

its waaay too overpriced IMO ... although, i was diggin the simple BAPE hoody jigga was wearing in that nas/jay-z interview ... anyone catch that?
March 3, 2006 @ 03:25 AM

Inactive

yeah like it the hoody tooo
March 3, 2006 @ 05:28 AM
Diamond

Nigo is def the Japanese Mark Echo.

Props to Nigo and Marc Echo for making a Gazillion Dollars
off their companies. I really doubt either one of them care that
their brands are played out to the cool kids. Young high school sneakerheads and Mtv wannabeez is where all the money is at anyway. Those are the people that love Bape.

I think most of the people that liked Bape when it started moved on to other brands years ago. I still rock my old stuff sometimes... Bape still makes some cool shit tho IMO..... It is just way over hyped "MTV" and pointlessly over priced for me and alot of other people to be interested in it anymore.
March 3, 2006 @ 05:36 AM

Inactive

i dont like seeing people wear gear in hopes of making up for the game of which they lack..
March 3, 2006 @ 05:57 AM
Diamond

BTW... what's dead to you might be new and fresh to others.
The reality of it is that a brand is never dead until it officially closes it's doors. For Bape this is not likely to ever happen, or at least not
anytime soon.
March 3, 2006 @ 08:38 AM

Inactive

i dont like seeing people wear gear in hopes of making up for the game of which they lack..

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So true doggie.......

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
March 3, 2006 @ 08:51 AM

Inactive

cosign. Most girls ain't even feeling bape.
March 3, 2006 @ 12:01 PM
SBairbape1'sIV

^
it depends on how you rock it...

like I can assure when i'm walking in the mall more then likely i'm one of the few dudes with bape shit on..that's actually real

and everbody is lookin..it aint dead cuz alot of ppl still hip to it..you gotta remember i'm from the south..the south kinda jump on styles late

and even then most dudes will be rocking the fake ones...now unless BWS opens a store in every major city in the States then thats when it will be truley dead
March 3, 2006 @ 01:41 PM

Inactive

bape isnt dead..people still line up..it still sells out..
March 3, 2006 @ 02:01 PM

Inactive

bape isnt dead..people still line up..it still sells out..

Agreed.
March 3, 2006 @ 02:06 PM

Inactive

Bape recyles its self. There is nothing new with bape. How many different colorwarys do you need and want in a pair of shoe? Last season, the purple hoodie was the most wanted, then the spring season came, the purple hoodie got Swarovski stones. How is that new? Maybe next season, nigo throws on some diamond then no one can really afford it. The only reason why Bape "collobo" with other brands because there's isn't much you can do with camo on a hoodie, m-65, and t-shirts. It's the only way to make people get excited and want to buy something "new".

If nigo can make you wear a hello kitty shirt, he can make you wear anything. That's power right there.
March 3, 2006 @ 05:20 PM
HeenFung

That is not the pic that I am talking about. The one I have is from the Maharishi Camo book, a huge comprehensive encyclopaedia on the history of camo....Notorious is wearing very clearly wearing BAPE...

"Notorious BIG in the A Bathing Ape Version of the US military-issue ECWCS jacket, printed in the "Duckhunter Ape" camouflage pattern, Good Luck Bar, Los Feliz, Los Angelas, March 1997"

It looks something like this:

yea i've seen that picture where it's just hanging on his shoulders like a cape sorta (best way i could describe it haha), is that even real?

Please login first to reply.