Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
July 12, 2008 @ 02:40 PM
Suedehead

Didn't know which Forum to post this thread under...Oh well haha cool
I like the brand,I know some of you cats must. Gotta Respect The Hustle.
Cant wait till the shop opens up.
July 12, 2008 @ 02:46 PM
Fest

^^ thats a good look

i saw it the other day but didnt take a pic lol
July 12, 2008 @ 07:27 PM
Loompadoomp

I very strongly dislike Johnny Cupcakes and I have never seen one remotely appealing shirt of theres...
July 12, 2008 @ 08:24 PM
Goldi

JC is a good brand.

So is McDonalds. and Tide.

Relevant to streetwear? questionable.
July 12, 2008 @ 08:59 PM
Jones

everyday i'm hustlin
July 12, 2008 @ 10:10 PM
pebblesiscool

free post
July 12, 2008 @ 10:15 PM
Dox

I didn't even know they had these outside of Boston
July 21, 2008 @ 12:14 AM
Brooknam

johnny cupcakes has got to be the lamest fucking gay brand out there. it's like the boy band of streetwear (if you even call it that)

this fucker has a rich ass mama to set up his whole business. It's one big ass front, no one likes this shit, his momma got good money for marketing. thats about it tho. whoever wears johnny cupcakes is a fruitball just like the brand.
July 21, 2008 @ 12:25 AM
ichris

hahaha johnny cupcakes is an awesome brand and if she had money then how come he had to sell his stuff out of a van then
July 21, 2008 @ 12:37 AM
Thim Slugga

if the dudes story is legit, ill give him props for the hustle. but i wont buy any of his shit because he's XXX//straightedge and i believe people who claim that n shit are just looking for some kind of branding. go n say your drug free or you dont eat meat, why do u gotta throw up xxx's or say im straight edge...
July 21, 2008 @ 02:05 AM
m_breeden

pride?
same reason a christian wears a necklace with a cross

i don't think that's fair to hate on an entire brand because the owner is straightedge. it's not a straightedge brand. it's not like people think you're straightedge for wearing JC.
July 21, 2008 @ 02:11 AM
pfortades

delicious brand. Passed by that place today. I mean, yesterday afternoon.

http://www.pfotography.tumblr.com

July 21, 2008 @ 02:13 AM
Dorfmeister

I don't think JC can be considered a real brand given that a lot of how their tees are parodies. I think his stuff is worn by stupid middle school and high school kids.

The preview of the store is cool though.
July 22, 2008 @ 12:25 PM
todrunk2walk

the store look like it going to be dope
July 22, 2008 @ 02:55 PM
Suedehead

Jc
Cant knock the hustle.....Every kid who just ran his mouth on this thread wont even make the money he has made in their lifetimes lol

Im really hoping they get more into cut&sew now that the brand is getting bigger.

cool
and whats this about straight edge???
*****h ill wear a minor threat T and smoke a fatty any day.
Its a lifestyle, Some people push it some dont....its all gravy baby life is lovely with or without drugs.
July 23, 2008 @ 05:00 AM
aintmysteez

the store look like it going to be dope

yeah i was watching the video er something awhile back that was like showing his ideas for it and he was talking about all these ovens and huge fridge doors? er whatever. anyway, if the execution of the store is as dope as they made the concept sound, hella heads will roll through
July 23, 2008 @ 11:49 AM
Suedehead

Word,Check out the new video on the JC blog....Shop is gonna be like a theme park.
July 24, 2008 @ 03:02 AM
king_geedorah

lol so what's going to happen when certain things don't work the way they should in the store? "out of order" sign haha j/k no really though the store looks awesome but the maintenance is going to be a bitch...
July 24, 2008 @ 03:49 PM
Brooknam

lol so what's going to happen when certain things don't work the way they should in the store? "out of order" sign haha j/k no really though the store looks awesome but the maintenance is going to be a bitch...

he got his rich lil lawyer momma to help him out, don't worry. This guy posting up on melrose off his mother's cake. Corny ass brand, corny ass dude, and corny ass store.

The Ja-Rule of streetwear..if you even wanna call it that
July 25, 2008 @ 03:07 AM
Fest

^^

cosign

not the only "streetwear" brand to use daddy/mommys money
July 25, 2008 @ 02:00 PM
STI Guy

awesome looking store. STUPID concept.
July 26, 2008 @ 02:00 PM
heydeleteme

How's it a stupid concept if the brand is "Johnny Cupcakes"?

And for everyone talking about how his mom is a rich lawyer, read his story on his website before you start talking shit.

Here's a snippet:

"I've employed 12 close friends of mine, to fill online orders, select wholesale orders, to manage and run both of my shops, and more. My Mom was able to quit that 9-5 job she worked at since I was born - to work for me full time! She takes care of trademarking & registering all of my designs, my paperwork, taxes, and bookkeeping."

"Oh yeah, when doing loads of book keeping, my mom sat me down to tell me that I was an official multi-millionaire. I couldn't believe it! I thought that only movie stars and R&B singers were multi-millionaires. So I bought myself a big olde victorian house and finally moved out of my parents place. I sent my parents to Barbados for a few weeks for their anniversary. Other than that, I just keep putting money and time back into my brand. It's my hobby, my passion and my life. Oh yeah, I bought a few arcade machines too."
July 26, 2008 @ 07:30 PM
volcomnutz

awesome looking store. STUPID concept.

have you seen the ice cream stores??? same concept... are they stupid too?
July 26, 2008 @ 08:41 PM
jaytix9

any pics of the store openning? that was today right?
July 26, 2008 @ 08:48 PM
treydeuce

Cant knock the hustle.....Every kid who just ran his mouth on this thread wont even make the money he has made in their lifetimes lol

Im really hoping they get more into cut&sew now that the brand is getting bigger.

cool
and whats this about straight edge???
*****h ill wear a minor threat T and smoke a fatty any day.
Its a lifestyle, Some people push it some dont....its all gravy baby life is lovely with or without drugs.

yah it doesn't really make sense how everybody can knock him, 3 million in tee sales in a year??? that is a lot more than most other streetwear brands can make in a couple of years. and about the parodies.. go to karmaloop and count how many of the top sellers are parodies.. bet you cant fit it on one hand

knock the designs if you dont like him but he knows what hes doing
July 26, 2008 @ 09:50 PM
heydeleteme

any pics of the store openning? that was today right?

It's on Aug. 2nd.
July 27, 2008 @ 01:11 AM
=]owen

and personally I love the brand and the guy is doing what he loves and employing his family and friends and making TONS of money while at it, and managing not to be a sellout like most other brands.

so I would say he's doing pretty good for himself.
July 27, 2008 @ 10:40 AM
todrunk2walk

just saw the third video of the store . that sh!t looks amazing gotta give dude props for his creatively.
July 27, 2008 @ 10:59 AM
jaytix9

owen;1234833']august 2nd.

and personally I love the brand and the guy is doing what he loves and employing his family and friends and making TONS of money while at it, and managing not to be a sellout like most other brands.

so I would say he's doing pretty good for himself.

In your guys opinion, how and what, other brands "sellout"?
July 27, 2008 @ 03:04 PM
=]owen

i probably could have worded that better.
sorry about that.

This topic is closed, replies are no longer accepted.