Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
September 8, 2008 @ 08:00 PM
nisco

OK, so i got my watermelon fitted in today... thing is it took a beating during shipping. Not exactly the best way to ship a hat (jus a box and a hat). So as you can tell from the pics, my hat was damaged, brim, and blocking. It only took a week to get here to NY from cali. good turn around on shipping, and fantastic customer service... but honestly, dont ship your hats this way anymore... make some cardboard "X",s to put in the box, so jus encase the box get beat up during shipping, it wont crush the hat on the inside.

I'm going to do my best to restore this. The pics dont really show how bad its beat up...

carlos, thanks for the grip of stickers, ima get slap happy with those.

now, i jus need a hair dryer, and a few copies of War and Peace.
September 8, 2008 @ 08:34 PM
Ricta

the ups guys were just mad they didnt get the watermelon fitted orders on time ....

but really that sucks man, with only 24 made who knows if they still have your size ... razz

thriveordecline.com

September 8, 2008 @ 09:26 PM
solexlife

oh shit nisco. dam. your the 2nd in our shipping history to have this prob. man. we are have special made boxes for our stuff made but they wont b done till mid September this prob def wnt happen again. FUCK UPS!! lol

| Solexlife + www.solexlife.com |

September 8, 2008 @ 09:36 PM
LABELS

OK, so i got my watermelon fitted in today... thing is it took a beating during shipping. Not exactly the best way to ship a hat (jus a box and a hat). So as you can tell from the pics, my hat was damaged, brim, and blocking. It only took a week to get here to NY from cali. good turn around on shipping, and fantastic customer service... but honestly, dont ship your hats this way anymore... make some cardboard "X",s to put in the box, so jus encase the box get beat up during shipping, it wont crush the hat on the inside.

I'm going to do my best to restore this. The pics dont really show how bad its beat up...

that sux homie!
September 8, 2008 @ 09:47 PM
estatefitted

Nisco.

We are done using UPS.We are sorry about your hat.They lose more packages than they deliver.If you want to ship it back we can reblock it for you and make it perfect again.PM me if your interested.

Sorrry.
September 9, 2008 @ 12:39 AM
nisco

Nisco.

We are done using UPS.We are sorry about your hat.They lose more packages than they deliver.If you want to ship it back we can reblock it for you and make it perfect again.PM me if your interested.

Sorrry.

Usually UPS around me is pretty good. I think i worked out most the kinks in it. I might have to take you up on that reblocking offer, tho the hat is alot better off than where it was. This hat is instantly one of my favorite hats i own.
September 9, 2008 @ 11:58 AM
pre$ton

I work for UPS and quite frankly the honest truth is that drivers and loaders won't hesitate about fucking up a box, nor will they do anything to fix it before going out on delivery. You also gotta think how many packages go through each system a day and how many packages these drivers gotta deliver in a 9+ hour day. Tell me you wouldn't get a little irritated too. I'm not saying it was the right thing to do, it could have been an accident... just sayin'
September 9, 2008 @ 07:40 PM
quesadilla

my parents been going through some bullshit through UPS saying they got a signature, and then telling us the package was lost, and then telling us that it was delivered once again. so i've felt kinda sketchy ordering shit if its through UPS.
September 9, 2008 @ 08:27 PM
estatefitted

UPS lost a return COD from two of the companies we make hats for that was valued over $15K.It took 2 months for them to pay us back.We have only been dealing with UPS for about 6 months and they have lost or damaged more packages than they have delivered.The problem is you call to complain and they always tell you to calm down there is never ever anyone in charge just a bunch of fools that dont know what to say.
September 9, 2008 @ 09:14 PM
LABELS

UPS lost a return COD from two of the companies we make hats for that was valued over $15K.It took 2 months for them to pay us back.We have only been dealing with UPS for about 6 months and they have lost or damaged more packages than they have delivered.The problem is you call to complain and they always tell you to calm down there is never ever anyone in charge just a bunch of fools that dont know what to say.

that why we use fed ex and usps...
September 9, 2008 @ 09:19 PM
estatefitted

that why we use fed ex and usps...

where you been hiding at friend?
September 9, 2008 @ 09:25 PM
Benny Lava

USPS is the best carrier for delivering packages. If the person isnt there, instead of leaving the package to get stolen (happened to me with UPS and Fedex), it goes to a local post office. And they will attempt to redeliver the next day or you can just pick it up yourself.

Supreme x Nike SB Tennis Classic http://hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/200835

September 9, 2008 @ 09:38 PM
Boss516

hate UPS. they NEVER want to come up to the second floor so either i have to come down and sign or they just leave and leave a piece of paper.

USPS THE WAY TO GO.
September 9, 2008 @ 09:38 PM
miz818

yo estate..

ive never been to your location so excuse me for the stupid question...

do you guys do hat restoration?
September 9, 2008 @ 09:59 PM
Pworld

Nisco.

Sorrry.

I would look into TNT for shipping (tnt.com), my company has used them for about 2 years now. There "economy" shipping gets our 40-60lb automotive suspension kits from l.a. to NY in 3 days. Thats standard time. Cheaper prices than UPS, and there staff is super helpful. If you need a contact there PM me and let me know.
September 9, 2008 @ 10:04 PM
solexlife

yo estate..

ive never been to your location so excuse me for the stupid question...

do you guys do hat restoration?

no. we only offer to block your hat.

September 9, 2008 @ 10:31 PM
estatefitted

we offer hat blocking which is pretty much restoration if the crown is damaged.Re-blocking for Estate hats is free plus shipping.Reblocking for all other hats is $5 plus shipping.
September 10, 2008 @ 11:02 PM
solexlife

September 10, 2008 @ 11:03 PM
patROCKS

If you had before & after pics that would be great, I have a HUF hat i might want to send out, Thanks....

we offer hat blocking which is pretty much restoration if the crown is damaged.Re-blocking for Estate hats is free plus shipping.Reblocking for all other hats is $5 plus shipping.
September 10, 2008 @ 11:15 PM
miz818

estate and solex thanks for the answer...

cool
September 11, 2008 @ 12:30 AM
solexlife

If you had before & after pics that would be great, I have a HUF hat i might want to send out, Thanks....

i'll get you pics asap.

September 11, 2008 @ 01:03 AM
solexlife

The whole house must go....

To make way for fall winter arrivals we will be hosting a in-store sale from Sept 13th 7pm- Sept 17 6pm. All hats will be $30 or less, CASH ONLY . For all those that are not LA local, after the 4 day event is over the remaining stock will be placed on our online store.

September 11, 2008 @ 05:32 PM
x5148145

i have a question about hat matainance. i wear my triumvir hat a lot and it's starting to look a bit dusty. do i just use a lint remover or is there a better way to clean my estate fitted?
September 11, 2008 @ 11:38 PM
solexlife

i have a question about hat matainance. i wear my triumvir hat a lot and it's starting to look a bit dusty. do i just use a lint remover or is there a better way to clean my estate fitted?

lint roller. if not prob steam it.

September 12, 2008 @ 12:07 AM
x5148145

sweeet thanks! lookin forward to more estatextriumvir hats!
September 12, 2008 @ 12:18 AM
solexlife

watch for that soon.

September 14, 2008 @ 09:01 PM
solexlife

dnt sleep on this sale

September 14, 2008 @ 09:39 PM
LABELS

Carlos do Brett still have that GT for sale?
September 14, 2008 @ 11:22 PM
solexlife

Carlos do Brett still have that GT for sale?

yessir. and the sabrosa too

September 15, 2008 @ 03:23 AM
'94 freestyle

Whats the shop hours this week?

I stopped by 3 weeks ago on a Weds (1pm and 4pm) and the shop was closed...

This topic is closed, replies are no longer accepted.