Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
December 2, 2007 @ 06:53 AM
rsty

i searched and havnt seen people talkin about or rockin the new official brand hats. i just ordered the houndstooth wars one.

check it out if you havnt already. www.theofficialbrand.com
December 4, 2007 @ 02:47 PM
Citizen-16657

i searched and havnt seen people talkin about or rockin the new official brand hats. i just ordered the houndstooth wars one.

check it out if you havnt already. www.theofficialbrand.com

ours just came in today! got the houndstooth and the 5 grams hat in.
December 4, 2007 @ 02:56 PM
db2

Nice. Which colorway in the houndstooth wars?
December 4, 2007 @ 03:17 PM
Citizen-16657

Nice. Which colorway in the houndstooth wars?

blue houndstooth
December 4, 2007 @ 03:21 PM
rsty

i have the blue/pink one as well.
December 4, 2007 @ 04:03 PM
nisco

December 4, 2007 @ 04:09 PM
db2

blue houndstooth

Same as in the above pic on the right? Or a different houndstooth design thats not up on their site?
December 4, 2007 @ 05:26 PM
Citizen-16657

we just got these in today!. in time for next season, and they are 60$ shipped. pm us for details.

without flash:

With flash:
December 6, 2007 @ 10:32 AM
SprNtrl

I have a red/black houndstooth wars on the way. dope. I rock the High Snobiety x Official and the sand shemagh on the regular.
December 6, 2007 @ 03:51 PM
dennisbroadway

I have a red/black houndstooth wars on the way. dope. I rock the High Snobiety x Official and the sand shemagh on the regular.

hahaha, i can say all of these things as well.

official is making, in my opinion, the best fitteds on the market (except for StillLife, which is a hands down champ for those of us lucky enough to have em... but i cant wear a $150 hat everyday, i can however wear a $60 official and be 10x more comfortable than i would be in a new era...). plus, the people @ official are cool as hell. it was weird seeing them just come up and knock estate LA on its ass in terms of nice fitteds.
December 6, 2007 @ 05:43 PM
SprNtrl

Haha, true. The Armani joint is nice, but not $120 nice lol.
December 6, 2007 @ 06:48 PM
Fisticuffs

how is the sizing? you gotta size up for the new era type fit right?

i love the plaids they did. when they drop the brown houndstooth it's copped.
December 6, 2007 @ 07:14 PM
Citizen-16657

it fits pretty good. wore the same size in both. the official was SLIGHTLY less snug that new era
December 6, 2007 @ 07:59 PM
zurejwen

What makes Official hats different from New Eras. Someone said they're more comfortable...How so?
December 6, 2007 @ 10:25 PM
SprNtrl

how is the sizing? you gotta size up for the new era type fit right?

i love the plaids they did. when they drop the brown houndstooth it's copped.
I'm a 7 1/2 in NE but I size up to a 7 5/8 in Official and estate LA. They end up being just a tad looser than a NE. I had a estate LA in 7 1/2 and it would take gale force winds to blow off my head. It was pretty snug.

I personally don't find them to be that much more comfortable than NEs, but I think they way they shape the bill, it makes nicer to wear IMO.
December 6, 2007 @ 10:31 PM
nisco

i usually wear a 7 3/8" in a new era
but when ive gotten a GRNapple tree fitted, estateLA, or an Official fitted, theyve all fit like a 7 1/4". New era has a tendancy to make their sizes bigger when measuring/ fitting.

get a size up in an Official (or anything similar) if you want it to fit like a New era. (but always double check the actual measurement on the tag)
December 7, 2007 @ 02:10 PM
dennisbroadway

i usually wear a 7 3/8" in a new era
but when ive gotten a GRNapple tree fitted, estateLA, or an Official fitted, theyve all fit like a 7 1/4". New era has a tendancy to make their sizes bigger when measuring/ fitting.

get a size up in an Official (or anything similar) if you want it to fit like a New era. (but always double check the actual measurement on the tag)

yup, on the money...

size up for anything not NE...

and i think officials are more comfortable mainly because they are so lightweight.

esp. the shemagh, that thing weighs about as much as a kleenex. plus, the amount of interfacing used in the crown is minimal, so they dont point up in the corners of the front panels.
December 7, 2007 @ 04:50 PM
Big_peezy

None of these hat makers hold any weight to new era , and NEVER will.

New era will hold the crown for generations to come.
December 7, 2007 @ 09:08 PM
SprNtrl

yup, on the money...

size up for anything not NE...

and i think officials are more comfortable mainly because they are so lightweight.

esp. the shemagh, that thing weighs about as much as a kleenex. plus, the amount of interfacing used in the crown is minimal, so they dont point up in the corners of the front panels.
Yea, when I got mine, I was like damn this shit is light haha.

Do you own any Official?
December 8, 2007 @ 09:58 AM
nisco

New era will hold the crown for generations to come.

step out of the box
December 12, 2007 @ 12:40 PM
dennisbroadway

sooo...

i broke down and got the rosso armani joint. my girl ordered it for me for christmas... anyone got one of em yet? i kinda want to know what to expect from it.

and to dude saying new era is always gonna be #1... DO you own anything else? i hear people saying that shit all the time, and they almost always shut up when they look at one of my Official joints, or the earlier EstateLA jumpoffs (esp. the tearaway). if they cant see how some of those caps are better than new era, i go to the trusty still life joints... if you think a 5950 is anywhere near a StillLife rumack, you should kill yourself. tonight.
December 12, 2007 @ 01:23 PM
nisco

i wanted to get myself one of the rosso fitteds, but thats alota cash for 1 single hat, you got a good chick
December 12, 2007 @ 01:54 PM
dennisbroadway

i wanted to get myself one of the rosso fitteds, but thats alota cash for 1 single hat, you got a good chick

yeah, tell me about it...

my girl dropped like 450 at still life on hats for me and her last time we went to NY, plus the odd ones here and there she knows i like and gets for me.

imma have to get her something really good this year, just cause i know im gettin a $120 fitted.
December 12, 2007 @ 03:16 PM
Blue Feather

This one looks so hot! &) Too bad, it's sold out...
December 26, 2007 @ 08:15 PM
dennisbroadway

soooo....

RIGHT after my girl ordered me the official/armani joint, she got an email from official saying they were reallllly sorry, but they had sold out and failed to update the site.

bummer, right? but nooooo....

they offered to send the unreleased colorway of the armani (grey w/ white stripes) plus any other hat of our choice...

so my girl says sure, just send the armani and another hat in my size....

so they sent the Armani AND an unreleased houndstooth jump off.

This is one more in a long string of amazingly friendly service experiences with them.

so yeah, peace to all the folks @ Official.... you guys are tops! Its nice to know there are a few fitted companies out there that have their shit together in terms of giving a fuck about customers and collectors.
December 26, 2007 @ 08:19 PM

Inactive

^^wow i wish i could catch a break like that once in a while
December 26, 2007 @ 08:32 PM
dennisbroadway

^^wow i wish i could catch a break like that once in a while

i know, my luck was hittin hard last week

but for real, ALL of my dealings with official have been wildly beneficial to me. good group of people.
December 27, 2007 @ 09:35 PM
SprNtrl

I like their caps, but customer service has been sub-par IME. I've sent them some e-mails with some questions I had, and have never got a reply back.
December 28, 2007 @ 05:29 PM
Citizen-16657

they are really awesome guys. the armani hat is such a niece piece. one of our people rock it here and its good stuff.
February 5, 2008 @ 03:10 PM
Joelfficial

MyOfficial Contest
After much deliberation Official- Crown of Laurel has developed a MySpace page to act as a more personal complement to their current website. For their social network inauguration they will randomly choose a friend a month for the next three months to receive a premium fitted of their choice from the Official Online Store. Beginning February 1st, all new friends will automatically be entered into the monthly drawing and will stay entered for the entire 3 months. The first drawing will be March 1st so visit www.myspace.com/theofficialbrand now and see what it means to be an Official MySpace Murderer.

For more information visit shop.theofficialbrand.com

This topic is closed, replies are no longer accepted.