Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
May 25, 2006 @ 02:40 PM
Daijobu

There's beef and you know it.

Discuss:

Why many sneaker heads loathe bathing ape.

Why bapeheads will pay $300+ for a NEW sneaker with no sentimental clout

Why people don't skateboard in their SB's if they only have one pair of that particular one.

Can the hawaii's even stand up to standard griptape???

...DISCUSS!
May 25, 2006 @ 02:43 PM
unlimitedchirp

there is no beef i just don't care
May 25, 2006 @ 02:43 PM
Johan_Schnoeper

Why people don't skateboard in their SB's if they only have one pair of that particular one.

I do skate in some of my SBs.
May 25, 2006 @ 02:44 PM
Daijobu

Stop lying.

It's a deep seeded hate.
May 25, 2006 @ 02:45 PM
Daijobu

I do skate my SBs.

Which ones.
May 25, 2006 @ 02:46 PM
Johan_Schnoeper

Which ones.

I think they are called Unluckies or something, those black/red ones with the 13 on the side.
May 25, 2006 @ 02:46 PM
Peter Suh

1). I was never that much a fan of patent leather.
2). I don't know.
3). Skating messes up shoes. A lot of people like SBs because of they're style/exclusivity and they don't want to f* up their shoes.
4). Probably.. but not as well as Tres
May 25, 2006 @ 03:03 PM

Inactive

there is no beef i just don't care

.......same
May 25, 2006 @ 03:08 PM
Daijobu

.......same

Lies.. this blase, "wear what you want", attitude isn't fooling anyone people.
May 25, 2006 @ 03:10 PM
Peter Suh

I'm sure Sub can go "where" ever he wants..
May 25, 2006 @ 03:13 PM

Inactive

May 25, 2006 @ 03:48 PM
Kicks Reign Supreme

^^^ LOL!! I would say sneakerheads dislike bapers(thats what I call them) because the sneaker is a blatant bite of an already popular brand, but that is already established. I can HONESTLY say I dont care. If they want to wear outlandish patent leather kicks, thats fine. I like the hoodies, thats about it. I'll stick to my nike's, adidas, and reebok's and they can rock the same sneaker with a different color.
May 25, 2006 @ 03:55 PM
tygastyle80

^ I think you mean Bapists.
May 25, 2006 @ 03:57 PM

Inactive

umm is it possible to collect bapes and traditional sneaker brands as well?

*checks closet*

Yeah.....I'd say so....
May 25, 2006 @ 03:58 PM

Inactive

i dont buy SBs cause i dont skate.. but i do like a few.. but you will never catch me in a pair..

personally i like puma clydes.. but thats just me..
May 25, 2006 @ 03:59 PM

Inactive

I really din think theres a hatred of bape-heads by sneakerheads, maybe some sneakerheads dislike bape or dont appreciate why some people wear it, but theres def no hatred. I like Bape as well as other brands, and don't see why this dude is insisting there's beef even when people say there isnt.
May 25, 2006 @ 04:16 PM
ThierryHenry

Personally I don't have a prob wit bape, SOME of their stuff is pretty tight. I would probably only cop like 2 things since I feel like it is highly overpriced and pretty soon everyone will be rockin it and fapes will be on every street corner in the country. Its only a matter of time till it all dies out and people realize they've dropped thousands on russel athletic quality hoodies and patent leather shoes that's only difference is the color of the little star on the side. Not that anyone should see shoe collecting as an investment, but speaking solely (no pun intended) on the $ standpoint, a pair or rare nike/adidas shoes will only increase in value while bapes will go nowhere but down, especially when this fad ends. Wow looking back on that it sounds like I'm hatin on em but trust me I'm not. Just tryin to get this thread started as I think it has some potential hehe

oh and I know most of u have seen the greedy genius stuff, but although they've bit off bape (who bit off nike), I'm really feelin em. They've done some cool stuff with different materials and colors and I'd cop a pair of them b4 a bapesta anyday.

There I've said my peace, now someone tell me how f'd up my opinion is already...
May 25, 2006 @ 04:26 PM
Peter Suh

Another thing.. just because people don't skate SBs doesn't mean they're posers. More people buy New Balances and don't run, buy tennis shoes and don't play tennis, and buy basketball shoes and don't play basketball. Get over it.. THEY'RE SHOES!
May 25, 2006 @ 05:08 PM

Inactive

Why many sneaker heads loathe bathing ape.

1. Because its the cool thing to do now..even though at one point it was an "underground" clothing company..its turned into a trend..and like all trends they will slowly die..but at the same time there will still be the OG bape heads and the little ass kids that will buy the store out

Why bapeheads will pay $300+ for a NEW sneaker with no sentimental clout

2. because its madd limited..and no one else can have it..and its bright enough to turn heads..and if that happens for that moment in time you know your like..dam right..my shits is clean..

3. because nike marketed it as a skating company..but at the same time made the shoes "limited" so they can open it to a wider target market..

Can the hawaii's even stand up to standard griptape???

4. Hell no..thats patent leather..taht shit will rip up..and the orange toe piece..Goodbye..
May 25, 2006 @ 06:25 PM
means

There's no hatred that I know of. Granted, some folks dislike BAPE and said folks tend to also be in the shoe game but to call out the situation as some sort of massive schism doesn't seem to be warranted. Nah, fuck it. Here's some fuel for the fire...fuck BAPE!!
May 25, 2006 @ 07:06 PM
doloveira

1-2. At the end of the day (shout to camron), most people could give a fuck about "sentimental clout". They just want to look fly. Bapes are fly. There you have it. Nobody complains about people buying $300 prada cups.

3. Why don't people ball in their limited j's when they only have one pair? (see how silly that soundsconfused

4. I dont know I dont skate.
May 25, 2006 @ 07:20 PM
Daijobu

people who skate in dunks and brag about it are idiots.

good job idiot. you just wasted hundreds of dollars.

Kinda off topic, but I actually don't skate in my DUNK SBs because I did once and I had a hole in the shoe the first day of buying them .. it's my opinion that the delta force SBs are better for skating (I always tear the laces on mine, but other then that the shoe stands up!)... I think deltas are more reinforced.

:D
May 26, 2006 @ 12:56 AM

Inactive

sorry, this thread is pointless.
May 26, 2006 @ 01:02 AM
ackbar

actually. i think you're the idiot if you're paying hundreds of dollars for sb dunks.
May 26, 2006 @ 01:58 AM
Johan_Schnoeper

I paid retail for my SB's so I ain't wasting hundreds of dollars. And SB's just skate real good.
May 26, 2006 @ 03:37 AM
Daijobu

sorry, this thread is pointless.

So is your penis.
May 26, 2006 @ 10:44 AM

Inactive

So is your penis.

I think it's healthy to have a penis with no points.
May 26, 2006 @ 11:40 AM
Holla Its Marc

SB's makes me wanna skateboard. Or take it up. What would I wear as beaters?
May 26, 2006 @ 02:17 PM
Daijobu

Right now im skating in the barcelona SBs.

Theyre holdin up alright.
May 26, 2006 @ 02:43 PM
Helgen

Clothing is for wearing, not for showing off, so I wear any shit I have at any moment, even when boarding. The only sneakers I wouldn't board in is the Nike X Supreme Blazers (Red) Awwww yeah.

This topic is closed, replies are no longer accepted.