Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
July 3, 2007 @ 11:47 PM
FFent Freelanc

this topic MIGHT not even fall under the grounds of anything here but thought it was worth it
i was goin through the photo booth and i saw this pic:

and under it was labeled "bow wow" with a link to bow wows site

fuck the whole idea of celebritys making people buy brands and shit, even if celebs rock the shit, bow wow isnt one i want rockin the shit.....even if i had a mainstream brand I wouldnt want bow wow rockin the shit lol
July 3, 2007 @ 11:52 PM
modernART

even if i had a mainstream brand I wouldnt want bow wow rockin the shit lol

this is the general attitude of everyone on this board. i don't see what the big deal is, really. is it because he lacks musical talent? the hundreds will become "mainstream?"

imo, it's just clothes. there are bigger issues in life to worry about, rather than checking to see if a "celeb" is up on some brand.
July 3, 2007 @ 11:57 PM
kyoru

what is wrong this? as a non mainstream brand it is great to see someone famous to even glance at your stuff, no matter the rep they have. it keeps them motivated
July 4, 2007 @ 12:03 AM
c.lopez

someone tell me what the new hundreds is so i can wear soemthing that every fuckign 15 yr old in Nyc wont have.. pm me some new brands cuz these lame ass lames are getting outta hand.

polo t's from marshalls and plain jeans from now on for big los
July 4, 2007 @ 12:50 AM
i getS BUsy

i wouldnt want him to rock it...he doesnt know how to dress.... bad eye for hundreds ..........nuff said
July 4, 2007 @ 12:58 AM
FFent Freelanc

yea i knew dudes would give me the "its just clothes" or "is it cuz it makes brands mainstream" i addressed that saying
"fuck celebrities making people buy certain brands"

bow wow lacks anything and everything that the hundeds, as a lifestyle brand, is trying to respresent and his lack of any sort of ability musically kills him rockin gear i like
July 4, 2007 @ 01:02 AM
collinsboi

OMG.... you guys are whining over nothing

he took a damn picture in a photo booth

ya maybe he did buy some clothes but who gives a fuck

its his money

and its not like the hundreds is gonna turn down money from anybody

you should be mad at all these hypebeast that resell 3x the price!

July 4, 2007 @ 01:14 AM
FFent Freelanc

and the hundreds havent sold to any mall stores or anything short of boutiques so its no worry to me about going mainstream of everyone hopping on, if thats how it is thats how it is they deserve their success but i just hate bow wow lol
July 4, 2007 @ 01:28 AM
York Esquire

lil bow wow wears avirex. good luck.
July 4, 2007 @ 06:58 AM

Inactive

Personally don't like him or his music.

But him buying TH clothing will have no impact on what i buy.
July 4, 2007 @ 07:11 AM
goatfacekillah

my goodness, y'all are ridiculous
business is business

you not gonna sell a guy a hundreds shirt cause he wears baggy pants?
cause he's beyond wack when it comes to his musical ability?

big deal.....

And don't worry, for those of you who are freaking out about these brands becomming mainstream, remember two things

a) the "mainstream" ones are still behind the HB fam (ie. Crooks Medusa and 10 Deep crack are the big thing now, when for everybody here it was ages ago)
b) When these items become "mainstream", the hype will re-appear for the clothes....thus, you can resell your clothes that you don't wear anymore to the trend hoppers....to give you an idea, i bought an LRG Track Suit in 2004 (the one Phonte is rockin on the LRG site) for $80 (if that)....i sold it this year after 3 years of regular wear for $110 cause LRG is a lot bigger now then it was in 2004....so by next year, when everybody's like "OMG, HAVE YOU HEARD OF THE HUNDREDS??", you can resell your stuff.

i guess the only down side to all this is
a) if you want to keep rockin your shit later on and you really really care about other people wearing the same brands as you
b) when shit starts getting more mainstream, fakes come out
July 4, 2007 @ 08:03 AM
JKISSI

I dont know why people care so much just rock ya shit and do what you have to do
July 4, 2007 @ 08:42 AM
kdiddy

business is business

big deal.....

And don't worry, for those of you who are freaking out about these brands becomming mainstream, remember two things

a) the "mainstream" ones are still behind the HB fam (ie. Crooks Medusa and 10 Deep crack are the big thing now, when for everybody here it was ages ago)
b) When these items become "mainstream", the hype will re-appear for the clothes....thus, you can resell your clothes that you don't wear anymore to the trend hoppers....to give you an idea, i bought an LRG Track Suit in 2004 (the one Phonte is rockin on the LRG site) for $80 (if that)....i sold it this year after 3 years of regular wear for $110 cause LRG is a lot bigger now then it was in 2004....so by next year, when everybody's like "OMG, HAVE YOU HEARD OF THE HUNDREDS??", you can resell your stuff.

a) if you want to keep rockin your shit later on and you really really care about other people wearing the same brands as you

Exactly. Believe it or not, people start businesses to make money, regardless of what they say they are in it for. Usually, these people have aspirations of making a lot of money. These people will sell product to anyone who is willing to buy them, otherwise it would be discrimination. If I had my own line, I could give a fuck who wears it, as long as: my designs are good, I stay true to myself, and I'm making money.
July 4, 2007 @ 08:59 AM

Inactive

Did you guys cry yourselves to sleep over this?
July 4, 2007 @ 09:04 AM

Inactive

Bow Wow has been the shit for a while now though, so he'll make the Hundreds look good

SArcasm?
July 4, 2007 @ 09:15 AM
MisfitProdigy

i got 3 sides to this
1st bow wow sucks jd's dick

2nd it isn't like bow wow's fans know about the hundreds anyway, so that really doesn't play a factor into it. also 99% of his fans are females anyway so what are you worring bout

3rd it doesn't change my opion of the brand at all
July 4, 2007 @ 09:21 AM
inthemiX

you know for some reason I don't mind bow wow rocking the hundreds. if it were any new lame ass rapper, I'd be mad but bow wow I respect.

Self Edge x Real Blue Japan 103BSP sz.34x37 NEW WITH TAGS http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/198628

July 4, 2007 @ 09:21 AM

Inactive

lol!
July 4, 2007 @ 10:04 AM
Lifted.

The Hundreds would rather see Bow Wow rocking their stuff rather than you. SMH

lol. so true
July 4, 2007 @ 10:37 AM
extrodinaire

oh boy another lame ass celeb thread lol ya'll kill me! i hope ru paul roll up in hundreds and buys some shit so ya'll can kill ya self!!
July 4, 2007 @ 10:54 AM
GrainBelt

business is business

big deal.....

co-sign
July 4, 2007 @ 10:54 AM
bigsink

I seen a kid in the projects wearing a hundreds paisely. I couldnt believe it. Street wear will be gone by next year. All the originators will be ashamed to wear the shit.
July 4, 2007 @ 11:07 AM
BeanerwithBBC

if your trying to run a business why would you kick people out your store? You're just an ignorant dude datkidd

dude supreme's employees give their customers shitty service and give them the cold shoulder when they need help with something and Supreme has been in business for a decade now.

who says the customers always right
July 4, 2007 @ 11:11 AM
Mr.Londoner

^
Billionaires do..
July 4, 2007 @ 02:17 PM
iDANYO

I never bought anything from the hundreds and now I never will...
July 4, 2007 @ 04:14 PM
jessejessej

this issue reminds me of back when lrg had that huge deal on their website with all the celebs wearing their shit like dj hi-tek, the roots, athletes, good music and other bands (alot more respectable people)...i don't know if this aided in the rapid growth in hype for lrg clothing..but the hype died eventually and now look where lrg is...websites like ftkonline.com are throwing huge sales and nobody buys...personally if i was trying to run a lasting business i think what supreme does with selecting its customers is not a bad idea..supreme is still growing nasty with hype but it can't be compared to what lrg had imo
July 4, 2007 @ 05:22 PM
Fisticuffs

should they have locked the doors and not let him in?

people over react every time a mainstream artist rocks a brand. people act like their a part of some secret society that just got infiltrated. it's not that serious and if you haven't noticed, artists rock streetwear brands all the time in videos. jay and big boi been rocking crooks for a while. bun b rocks the hundreds and more. lupe, mims, joc, kanye, etc...it's nothing new. if that stops you from rocking a brand you like i don't think anyone at crooks or hundreds will miss you.

90% of the public does not know the hundreds exists and they still won't if bow wow rocks it 24/7.
July 4, 2007 @ 05:30 PM
Preshus

lmao at all those sayin this is a bad look...

if he came into YOUR store im sure u would be quick to hop on his dick.
July 4, 2007 @ 06:28 PM
Beez

Bow Wow Wow Yippee Yo Yippee Yay

twitter @brandohnn findme. injc*

July 4, 2007 @ 06:34 PM
Beez

^badass.

twitter @brandohnn findme. injc*

This topic is closed, replies are no longer accepted.