FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
June 7, 2007 @ 02:03 AM
Say Word

so I found this fitted cap that matches my rebox pumps perfect, but I cant find my size ANYWHERE, so yo, how I can shrink a fitted cap thats too big? any tricks, hints, etc...?? anyone ever take their fitted to a tailor??
June 7, 2007 @ 02:31 AM
MEXclusive

If its wool then you can mist it with water around the entire hat and either wear it on your head until it dries up or put it on a coffee tin outside in the sun. It will shrink a bit but not 2 or 3 sizes.

Stay away from the dryer it will completely destroy the shape.
June 7, 2007 @ 03:02 AM
c.lopez

put warm or hot water on the inside part of the cap, the white headband part i mean and where the hat still is dries and shrinks to the contour of your dome. also u could sweat it in but that might stain it esp f its a light colored hat.

yea i know all bout shrinking hats as ive played competitive baseball for 14 yrs of my like now
June 16, 2007 @ 01:03 PM
Shanklin

Wait what? Just get the headband wet not the actual cap itself? Do you wear it wet?

http://kevinshanklin.com/ IF YOU HAVE A FFFOUND.COM INVITE MSG ME

June 16, 2007 @ 01:28 PM
dash

like with baseball players...when their hat is on, they're sweating on the "white inner" part of the hat.so it naturally shrinks. i think that's kinda what lopez was getting at. you wet that part and just wear it, and it will "naturally" shrink. so in short, you dont have to wet the WHOLE hat, just the iner lining
June 16, 2007 @ 01:41 PM
Shanklin

Thanx thats what i was thinking.

June 16, 2007 @ 03:54 PM
Hellah Fresh

If you want to shrink it... throw it in the dryer. DON"T GET IT WET! Because my cap shrank when i left it in the car... and it was hot.
June 16, 2007 @ 04:00 PM

Inactive

NEVER WASH YOUR FITTED CAP
NEVER PUT YOUR FITTED CAP IN THE WATER
June 16, 2007 @ 07:33 PM

Inactive

Whyd you signup a new account?
June 16, 2007 @ 10:49 PM
mickz

Wear a du rag under your cap. Makes you look h-core too. Kip wears one, so should you.

June 16, 2007 @ 11:20 PM
king david

put it in the freezer...

i left my fitted in my car that was left in there for two weeks straight and due to the summer weather it was floppy and soft n shit so i threw it in the freezer to stiffen and it shrunk about a size

i dont know if it was the heat to the sudden cold, but the freezer will shrink it somewhat
June 17, 2007 @ 12:12 AM
grits

put it in the freezer...

i left my fitted in my car that was left in there for two weeks straight and due to the summer weather it was floppy and soft n shit so i threw it in the freezer to stiffen and it shrunk about a size

i dont know if it was the heat to the sudden cold, but the freezer will shrink it somewhat

um...i don't even know where to begin with this nonsense.

first off, wool doesn't just loose its shape from sunlight. it also doesn't "magically" snap back into shape when exposed to cold temperatures.

and "shrunk about a size"? i doubt that, if so you wouldnt even be able to get it onto your head.

just follow the guidelines listed on the new era website, and you'll be fine. any other hair-brain schemes you want to pull...do so at your own risk.
June 17, 2007 @ 11:31 AM
king david

um...i don't even know where to begin with this nonsense.

first off, wool doesn't just loose its shape from sunlight. it also doesn't "magically" snap back into shape when exposed to cold temperatures.

and "shrunk about a size"? i doubt that, if so you wouldnt even be able to get it onto your head.

just follow the guidelines listed on the new era website, and you'll be fine. any other hair-brain schemes you want to pull...do so at your own risk.

how would you know how i wear my hats, that if it shrunk a size i couldnt get it on my head?

and what i explained before is exactly what happened. the hat including brim was softer and floppy and fit on my head like it usually did but i didnt want it to be floppy cuz i was going out so i needed a hat. so i threw it in the freezer and after about 5-10 minutes in there i took it out and it was madd stiff and felt a size smaller.
June 17, 2007 @ 12:48 PM
Daddy Wellfare

add baking soda and water, put it over the flame and set it to high.
June 17, 2007 @ 02:26 PM
Shanklin

Steam works a little also. I boiled some water and let the steam catch the inside of the hat. Put a noodle strainer over the pot and placed the hat on top of the noodle strainer so it wont touch the water or an part of the pot. But will the other methods, say, shrink a hat one full size down or more?

Please login first to reply.