Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
May 3, 2007 @ 01:30 AM
zurejwen

So I been noticing a bunch of brands collabing with Estate LA.

I've seen pics of the hats but have yet to see any in person.

Can someone tell me how they look/fit as opposed to the 5950?

The crowns seem tall and boxy and maybe a little wider as opposed to New Eras which seemed to get longer as the sizes went up
May 3, 2007 @ 01:48 AM
Diamond

They are good and comparable in fit.

Estate cost a little more to make than New Era, but the turn around time
is much faster.
New Era takes 4 months to manufacture hats.
Estate LA hats are made here in LA and take only 2 weeks
for delivery.

It's just easier to deal with by paying a higher price for a quicker turn around
on a similar quality hat. Waiting 4 months for a hat just
because it has a flag on the side doesnt have much significance to me.

I have over 200 New Era hats and buy a few new ones almost every couple weeks.

I am still making Diamond New Era hats, but Estate LA hats are just as
good. IMO

New Era Flag is like the Nike Swoosh..... everyone wants it.
May 3, 2007 @ 01:51 AM
Theseventhletter

great insight
May 3, 2007 @ 02:27 AM
zurejwen

Thanks Nick.

I don't doubt the quality, I just want to know if they fit differently.

Are the crowns high and rigid? Cuz I like the crown to break in and fit a little better on my head, I hate the tall crown/completely flat brim look, I need the hat to break in somewhat quickly
May 3, 2007 @ 10:32 AM

Inactive

i havent noticed too much of a difference, and i feel that they would break in just the same....perhaps a LITTLE bit longer, but i attribute that more to the materials used.
May 3, 2007 @ 07:49 PM

Inactive

whata bout american needle, any of u like them joints
May 4, 2007 @ 01:23 AM
lazylilsnoop

did not make much research on New Era or Estate Fitted. but 1 thing for sure is i'm gonna continue rocking with NEW ERA 59Fifty

check out this other thread
==> Official "Show me your NEW ERA" thread <==
www.hypebeast.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37647
May 4, 2007 @ 01:26 AM
B.Hicks

i wonder how long "Estate LA" will be in bussiness.. it's no secret that new era is all but monopolizing the fitted cap game.. only legit competitor i see is reebok.. and that's really only because they got that exclusive NFL license a couple years ago.
May 4, 2007 @ 08:25 AM
ESTATE LA

estate
yo zurejwen.Our hats fit similar to 5950s.We wouldnt make a shitty hat if we wont wear it we wouldnt make it.Like nick mentioned we also got around 40-50 new eras a piece and we got nothing wrong with new era.We are just a small hat brand trying to take a piece of there pie.

We got 2 different crowns one is a high profile crown that stands tall and is a deep fit like many of you prefer,and the other is a rounded crown not such a deep fit similar to the older 5950's.just like you guys we love fitted hats,there is no doubt about that.We take pride in every fitted we send out the door.

..B.hicks---i dont know how long we will be in business but hopefully it will be awhile there is no doubt that new era has a monopoly but shit why cant we try and take some of there game,its working thus far.If you got any other questions feel free to hit us up.We check this forum pretty frequently.thanks for the support.Fight for the little guys...
May 4, 2007 @ 12:03 PM
wallychamp

yo zurejwen.Our hats fit similar to 5950s.We wouldnt make a shitty hat if we wont wear it we wouldnt make it.Like nick mentioned we also got around 40-50 new eras a piece and we got nothing wrong with new era.We are just a small hat brand trying to take a piece of there pie.

We got 2 different crowns one is a high profile crown that stands tall and is a deep fit like many of you prefer,and the other is a rounded crown not such a deep fit similar to the older 5950's.just like you guys we love fitted hats,there is no doubt about that.We take pride in every fitted we send out the door.

..B.hicks---i dont know how long we will be in business but hopefully it will be awhile there is no doubt that new era has a monopoly but shit why cant we try and take some of there game,its working thus far.If you got any other questions feel free to hit us up.We check this forum pretty frequently.thanks for the support.Fight for the little guys...

Its really nice to hear about you guys doing your thing Estate! Its always tough for the small guys in whatever industry. Support your local shops, support your local brands and support your local estate.
May 4, 2007 @ 12:10 PM
Father Time

I don't know about everyone else on here but when I compare my new era to my estate fitted I feel way more quality in the estate fitted.

It feels thicker and better constructed.
May 4, 2007 @ 12:13 PM
goatfacekillah

the 4:20 hats were fire to me
too bad the online store never seems to work
May 4, 2007 @ 01:14 PM
B.Hicks

yeah no doubt.. i wasn't trying to hate or anything.. just making a statement because i've seen acouple fitted cap brands rise and fall in the last 3 or 4 years... i wish you guys the best of success.
May 4, 2007 @ 04:05 PM
realitycheck

NICK,

GREEDY GENIUS, ESTATE, AND CROOKS.

YOU REALLY WORKING THE 16 YEAR OLD SUBURBAN MARKET MAN.
May 4, 2007 @ 05:40 PM
Diamond

Each and everyone from those 3 brands are my homies.
I don't collab with people just to collab with them.... That's fam.
May 4, 2007 @ 06:24 PM

Inactive

i only fuck with New Era...
May 5, 2007 @ 02:52 AM
Cleansweep

What is the minimum number of hat's you need to order for a run, and what are the prices like? From what I have seen your product is very quality.
May 5, 2007 @ 02:54 AM
lazylilsnoop

i only fuck with New Era...

Totally AGREE!!!! New Era 59Fifty is the way to go!!!!

www.hypebeast.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37647&page=3
check this out!!! lol
May 5, 2007 @ 12:18 PM
goatfacekillah

i still want that DVS SHOES X Diamond Supply Co. New Era
but there's no way i'll get it up here
but i want itttttttttttt
May 5, 2007 @ 12:36 PM
The_Ghost

The brims on the Estate hats seem to be more thick and rigid compared to New Eras. This is good because I don't like my brims to get all bent outta shape real easy.
May 20, 2007 @ 08:18 PM
qbarawk

CLEAN,
Have ytou recieved any info on this OPEN inquiry?
May 20, 2007 @ 08:31 PM
debs 168

@ estate: the only way to make your brand known is to keep coming out with that high quality shit you've been coming out with. fk the haters, do you. the others will follow shortly.

estate = ahead of its time; period.
May 20, 2007 @ 08:48 PM
basmann2222

hey estate and diamond are you guys gonna have online stores for some us fans who hav no shops around us
May 20, 2007 @ 08:54 PM
debs 168

^^^^^^^
what he said. how much longer do we have to wait til the online store is up and running? can we get like a target month if not date?
May 20, 2007 @ 09:47 PM
hollermcdollar

i need to check out estate fitteds.

too often recently i've been getting screwed by new era's incosistant sizing... maybe it's bad luck but the past 4 new eras i bought online (nowhere local to try them, of course) have fit like crap.
May 20, 2007 @ 11:16 PM
HB ruin mylife

so the question is,,,do the collaborations with these known fitted cap companies make a difference to customers these days,,,wat i mean is , would you rather cop a "new era x brand " and a "estate x brand" , rather than just a brand's personal fitted? so that new era or estate logo make a difference for you? seems so with all these brands that have nice fitted but seems like its always a new era or even estate
May 20, 2007 @ 11:20 PM
Canvas08

check this out!!! lol

Stop posting this damn link everyone knows about it already
May 20, 2007 @ 11:30 PM

Inactive

check this out!!! lol

I doooubt you ever even touched an Estate LA fitted...

I love how these guys are coming up with some different and original looking hats like their tear-aways. All the power to you guys.
May 20, 2007 @ 11:43 PM
Daddy Wellfare

estate caps are too hard to find... need more availability! im not saying I want them at a local mall or anything... but how many stores in LA do YOU know that sell them?

....especially for someone that needs to have a lot of caps in the rotation like myself. I cant spend 3 months trying to track down 1 cap, and wait another 3 months for another. Although I must say, when I do get one or some... they will make a great alternative.

Please login first to reply.