FLASH SALE - 25% OFF - USE CODE: FLASH25 (25 HOURS ONLY)
April 10, 2007 @ 01:25 PM
1ahB

obviously done by Walt the great himself.
i dont notice any difference in the graphic except it looks like you guys took the lunchpale out of his hand?
wonder if thats of any significance.
April 10, 2007 @ 01:30 PM
B.Hicks

i think the fact that they reference it at all is great. im a huge fan of war propaganda.
April 10, 2007 @ 02:30 PM

Inactive

hell yes
April 10, 2007 @ 02:34 PM

Inactive

yeah, the lunchpail and the factories in the background because i wanted to take away the "worker" imagery to switch the message. I didnt want to change too much about the actual character because its damn near perfect as it is. There is seriously SO much shit walt did for the government during wwii that most people dont know about...its crazy. and the thing is, disney doesnt own any artwork he did for them because it was bought by the government. sorry, im an animation geek.
April 10, 2007 @ 03:06 PM
Lostbryan

i cant believe no one else is saying this, but the spy shirt is fucking dope. Is the print on the front or back?
April 10, 2007 @ 03:42 PM
DrewDogg

That's really interesting. I dabbled in animation myself. I studied the history of animation way back in highschool, but didn't know about that disney/WWII tidbit.
April 10, 2007 @ 05:30 PM

Inactive

its on the front of the shirt. its actually from an old movie about a dude that claims he was driven by god to kill a blasphemer, and everyone believes him but a priest proves he was lying to get away with the murder.
April 10, 2007 @ 07:20 PM
diggpham

really fresh lineup with the collaboration.
April 10, 2007 @ 08:42 PM
roKstar

blahh
April 10, 2007 @ 09:20 PM
THIEF

stepping razor, that oil one is Sherwin Williams correct?

nice twist on it
April 10, 2007 @ 10:05 PM

Inactive

yeah, thats the flip. i always thought that logo looked sinister. i mean, can you imagine a tsunami of red paint from the north?? it seemed fitting.
April 11, 2007 @ 02:20 AM
elprezzo

war propaganda has always had dope ass art to me...tite ass shirts...
April 11, 2007 @ 02:59 AM
Dr. Gonzo

wow! this line is so dope! so seldom i see a whole line, and want everything in there! some really nice references, but the overall look of it is so good too. will these be availible online for international shipping?
April 11, 2007 @ 06:40 PM
SimianX357

Dope shit, I love you......
April 12, 2007 @ 12:47 AM
MOONWALKER

Dope shit, I love you......

&)

and btw, i believe obey did that sherwin williams flip to no? i could be wrong. in any event...cant wait for the line!
April 12, 2007 @ 03:38 AM
Japan4

K yeah....we all are in awe of this job hopper shirt and are forgetting the fact that steppingrazor just "restored" the image....is that legal? honestly I have no clue anymore, there's alot of stuff I have found on my own that I wanna use/flip/restore...but what the fuck is the deal here? Im clueless? Steppingrazor are you allowed to be doing this? or just rebelling? cuz if its rebelling and your bound to get fucked over by disney with this shirt....then I'm definitely going to cop it first day it comes out. Please PM once you guys start sellin it.

rilly doe?

April 12, 2007 @ 09:11 AM
FFent Freelanc

K yeah....we all are in awe of this job hopper shirt and are forgetting the fact that steppingrazor just "restored" the image....is that legal? honestly I have no clue anymore, there's alot of stuff I have found on my own that I wanna use/flip/restore...but what the fuck is the deal here? Im clueless? Steppingrazor are you allowed to be doing this? or just rebelling? cuz if its rebelling and your bound to get fucked over by disney with this shirt....then I'm definitely going to cop it first day it comes out. Please PM once you guys start sellin it.

take note that disney owns none of the work walt did for the government durin the war so that solves that - but as far as the government finding out - who knows? any insight razor?
April 12, 2007 @ 10:40 AM

Inactive

disney doesnt own that particular piece of art. They could have one of their artists make a different rendition of that character, but that particular rendition is owned by the government. to put it frankly, i doubt that the government is going to give a shit, but if they did, it doesnt really matter, the shirts still getting made. plus in situations like this, usually a company will get a cease and decist and they just have to stop making the shirt. thats what happened with the diamond misfits skull shirt.

Also, as far as the cover the earth thing, Obey did do one, but it was the original paint can covering the obey logo, and the print was only 4 inches wide on the front of the shirt. They werent the first company to do it either. graffiti companies have used it before. i saw the potential to change it in a way to make it more sinister and make a statement at the same time, hence i changed it to an oil can instead of the paint can and put the Exxon Valdez image at the bottom.
April 12, 2007 @ 12:20 PM
MOONWALKER

good shit,

anyhow i like ur colorway better cool
April 12, 2007 @ 01:49 PM
hotsriracha

Solid, I really feelin the logo with the palm trees & sword, wish you made a crew for that....
April 12, 2007 @ 03:12 PM

Inactive

i will, but not till fall.
April 24, 2007 @ 06:28 PM
TeddyLearned

any update on these, razor?

LearnedVices.com

April 26, 2007 @ 02:59 PM
chrisofessj

Yes when, Graham...please tell, we're all waiting!
April 26, 2007 @ 04:01 PM

Inactive

just delays here and there due to quality control. we're trying to make sure everything comes out the way we want it to, and we arent going to release it till everything is done. soon, i promise.
April 27, 2007 @ 02:00 AM
SupremeXJesus

just delays here and there due to quality control. we're trying to make sure everything comes out the way we want it to, and we arent going to release it till everything is done. soon, i promise.

What tee's are you guys using? Cygnus or something? What other companies use those shirts?
April 27, 2007 @ 02:08 AM
LouisWinthorpe

Yes Yes
Can't wait for these to drop and my boy in LA to get in line early for me ...
April 27, 2007 @ 02:17 AM

Inactive

What tee's are you guys using? Cygnus or something? What other companies use those shirts?

cygnus is what we're using, except on the job hopper tees, the teal colorway that is bound for the hundreds' store is a different brand because cygnus has a weird and limited color selection, and their black is a AAA. the ones at our store (black, heather grey, white) will be cygnus, along with all the other tees.

Other brands that use this.... the regular fitting OBEY tees (not the slim fit ones) are Cygnus, other than that I'd just be guessing on who uses them.

The same sizeyoud normally get is what you'd get in these.

And on the color thing...most of the shirts will be on either black, 3 different greys, white, navy and a blue called patrol blue. I know most spring summer lines have bright blanks, but i tried to balance out the brightness on some of the graphics by using neutral blanks. I'm the type of guy that will keep shirts for years if i really like the design, i dont care if it fades, so i designed everything to be something i could pull out of the closet 2 years from now and not think twice about wearing it; so thats why i kept the color choices classic rather than go for the current trend of neons.
April 27, 2007 @ 03:50 AM
SupremeXJesus

yeah i really like the regular obey shirts, plus they are cheaper than their other shirts on AA's. I like how your really paying attention to detail on your line, hope more brands take note.
April 27, 2007 @ 03:59 AM

Inactive

well, its really just that im designing for ourselves, and we were all raised on skate shirts and OG stussy, so the aesthetics comes from that but at the same time, i know there's always room for improvement, so i tried to keep the quality level as high as i could with the budget we had for this season. Its not an overt thing, like "we gotta be better than all these little brands popping up", its more of the fact that this is what we would like to wear, and feel comfortable putting our name on.
April 27, 2007 @ 05:37 AM
innovazn

CREWNECK FORM OF THIS??
OMG SO HOT
what colors are u gettin it in?

This topic is closed, replies are no longer accepted.