HALLOWEEN SALE - UP TO 25% OFF - USE CODE: NOTRICKS14 (24 HOURS LEFT)
April 7, 2007 @ 07:57 AM
MisfitProdigy

April 7, 2007 @ 08:38 AM
K BOOG

so..let me get this straight..if i havent stolen or busted a gun i cant rock streetwear brands?

this is the most ignorant statement ive read in a while.

he's bascially alienating a large number of streetwear buyers who feel he is talking to the burbs. and guess what, its the BURBS thats buying this stuff! well at least the people i see. this could do serious damage to his business and im not going to purchase anymore. i can tell you that.
April 7, 2007 @ 08:42 AM
MisfitProdigy

you can look at it that way, but he's really getting at streetwear brands, that don't have "street cred", but when did you ever need street creds to make good clothes. Ignorant fools getting mad for no reason.
April 7, 2007 @ 08:48 AM
Latchkey Kids

irak ny said this, and does anybody agree or disagree with them. I feel they kind of make sense, but at the same time they are talking mostly about poser brands anyway, but they used some bad examples at first. Mishka doesn't have anything to do with that gun, and skull stuff like they talking about.

It's the truth.
I'm not saying who can't and can wear it.
But I know I wear a lot of this stuff and a lot of vintage 80's late 90's, is because it represents my lifestyle; past and present. As far as vintage goes... I'm 26. I am an 80's kid. I have older cousins, aunts/ uncles that were fly, that I used to look up too.
Like I said I'm not here to say who can and can't wear what, but I fuck with it because it reps me. I don't try to emulate it.
April 7, 2007 @ 08:48 AM
K BOOG

you can look at it that way, but he's really getting at streetwear brands, that don't have "street cred", but when did you ever need street creds to make good clothes. Ignorant fools getting mad for no reason.

thats what im saying. its like, be happy for people putting out heat, whether their corny nerdy cats or the roughest og's from the block. who cares!
April 7, 2007 @ 08:56 AM
MisfitProdigy

Latchkey makes a good point, he does him, and i do me. some people emulate what they see, and they wanna be like that, but if you think about it, suburban kids and urban kids do this, you can decide who does it more, both type of person does it a lot.
April 7, 2007 @ 09:18 AM
Hellah Fresh

I know street! ^_-
April 7, 2007 @ 09:24 AM

Inactive

I think it's ridiculous everything is a dick measuring contest to these people. I mean maybe it is important to certain people if a designer has a rap sheet or something but I could care less about that shit when I order a tee that appeals to me. I guess that makes me a "poser" right? Who gives a fuck. These kids need to stop taking thier testosterone pills in the morning.
April 7, 2007 @ 09:39 AM
Hellah Fresh

They probally hatin' because sales have flopped...????
April 7, 2007 @ 09:43 AM
THIEF

yea, its on some personal type ish
April 7, 2007 @ 10:09 AM
Chromedome

besides the graffiti shit what kinda street cred does IRAK have really.

i could ask 80 random people in the streets and the majority wont know who the fuck im talkn about

i dont like posers as much as the next cat but street cred w/ designing clothing is laughable
April 7, 2007 @ 10:15 AM
two_eight

"And they
April 7, 2007 @ 10:48 AM
blasdro

lmao, this is like people wearing the 10 deep knuckle shirts and in that thread in offtopic where the dude said he got robbed there talking bout they wouldve ran and called the police....THE SAME PEOPLE WEARING THE 10 DEEP KNUCKLE SHIRTS.
April 7, 2007 @ 11:18 AM
Hellah Fresh

^^^LOl The hell
April 7, 2007 @ 11:20 AM
verbatim

LOL....get em, get em....anxiously waiting to hear those brands comeback with something.....
April 7, 2007 @ 11:24 AM
magik

dude needs to replace the captain of his brainship, because the one currently at it,is drunk at the wheel.

It's just fucking t-shirts, who gives a shit about streetcred.
April 7, 2007 @ 11:50 AM

Inactive

this shit is whatever. theyve been bitching for days about everythign and anyone. In any case, Mishka never reps like they are hard, and their brand represents who they really are. this just shows that kumle is just hating and not really justified in his bitching. whatever to reason and pegleg, i know they were already moaning about reason's KOOL graphic, but whatever.

seriously, its funny that people think that making clothing is something reserved for "grimey" motherfuckers. grimey motherfuckers dont bother making shirts dude. anyone can make shirts, and yeah, there are posers out there, but i would reserve that label for people who represent themselves seriously as something they are not, for example, kids from the burbs that claim they are thug to promote their clothing line. but these kids they are talking shit on (mishka excluded, because they are doing their own thing and shouldnt be included in this conversation) are merely taking inspiration from things and spitting them out.

talk shit about biting designs (but again, make sure you arent reaching, like they were trying to claim the hundreds jacked their coolguy idea, or your credibility to talk shit diminishes), and talk about fake kids representing THEMSELVES as such, but if its just a clothing line, its just a clothing line, and you have only the kids who support those brands to hate, because THEY are the ones who are putting money into their pockets instead of IRAK or aNYthing.
April 7, 2007 @ 12:04 PM
My Pal the Crook

Thos of you anxiously waiting to hear something back from us... I'm sure I could write a whole diatribe but this basically sums up our feelings on things.
April 7, 2007 @ 12:05 PM
MisfitProdigy

that's funny dude, ya'll the best brand out there
April 7, 2007 @ 01:30 PM
OldeEngri$h

how many hardass mofuckas straight out the pen go right away to designing hoodies?
April 7, 2007 @ 01:41 PM
MisfitProdigy

who has time to really think about that shit in the pen any way
April 7, 2007 @ 01:49 PM

Inactive

lol

sour grapes?
April 7, 2007 @ 01:52 PM

Inactive

I think it's ridiculous everything is a dick measuring contest to these people. I mean maybe it is important to certain people if a designer has a rap sheet or something but I could care less about that shit when I order a tee that appeals to me. I guess that makes me a "poser" right? Who gives a fuck. These kids need to stop taking thier testosterone pills in the morning.

So very true sub.
I forgot that the only way to be cool is selling weed and skateboarding. Rockers are the epidamy of what bugs me about streetwear.
April 7, 2007 @ 02:04 PM

Inactive

So very true sub.
I forgot that the only way to be cool is selling weed and skateboarding. Rockers are the epidamy of what bugs me about streetwear.

thats a dumb comment. no one has every said that is the only way to be cool. and those dudes really do skate and play music and their clothing is a true representation of themselves and thats what matters. if someone is making shit up in order to look like someone theyre not, then that sucks.
April 7, 2007 @ 02:13 PM
SayWord

There is a war being fought in streetware

The 1st gen and the 2nd gen (or posers)
April 7, 2007 @ 02:45 PM
dblockdosmil

i like IRAKNY alot more now
April 7, 2007 @ 03:26 PM
FFent Freelanc

EDIT: im condensing my paragraph haha
go against certain symbols used in streetwear, hell go against the buyers of certain designs and shit, because rappers talk about shooting people, and they havent held heat, and the people buying their CDs damn sure dont hold heat - but clothing lines differ because never have i seen a gun on a shirt and said "dude who designs this holds heat man!!" nor do i think thats what they try to reflect in their designs - so fall back with all that shit just tryna pop off some names for some popularity
IRAK NY = the 50 cent of summer '07
April 7, 2007 @ 05:46 PM
andewhall

Thos of you anxiously waiting to hear something back from us... I'm sure I could write a whole diatribe but this basically sums up our feelings on things.

Haha.....yeah, right on>sad
April 7, 2007 @ 06:05 PM
aziz

dude could have picked on a few brands that actually legimitizes his argument SOMEWHAT, but mishka? naw. someone's mad about their label flopping.
April 7, 2007 @ 08:15 PM

Inactive

You guys should have already known that the hardest *****z from NY got the silkscreen and plastisol right next to the baking soda and pyrex.
Im trying to print some shirts close the blinds and shit!
Who that?
Captain Kirk?

This topic is closed, replies are no longer accepted.