Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
September 24, 2007 @ 09:23 PM
RaymondChiu

what boots are you wearing cheep?
September 25, 2007 @ 09:05 AM
CHEEP

U know what to do if u ever see any XL Lo shit in the thrifts son son!

^^cosign!!

i see more xl than anything... polos, rugbys(not the brand), button ups, sweaters.... let me know what youre looking for.
what boots are you wearing cheep?

some vintage 60s work boots
September 25, 2007 @ 01:40 PM
PAVED

How is Ralph Lauren/Polo superior fashion? Serious question.
September 25, 2007 @ 01:54 PM
DaVinci

Cause its not street fashion, a bunch of t shirts and hoodies. Whne you look at their ads in magazines and you see what the models are wearing do you think street or superior
September 25, 2007 @ 01:54 PM
subigdog

this a good sale for me cause we have no polo store but macy and dillards in baton rouge so all hell to me
September 25, 2007 @ 07:23 PM

Inactive

Ralp Lauren is an american staple. With its cuts and fits leaning much more toward "superior" fashion then other brands on this board. Hence, the reason its on here. RL PUrple Label is just as well crafted and celebrated for its slimmer cuts and quality material as any high fashion label at the moment. Its regulary featured in high fashion magazines and the price leans towards that end much more then street wear or urban wear. They have fashion shows and reviws on a regular basis and RalpH Lauren is the root of several different highly celebrated cotoure lines in the past decade...Marc Jacobs and Thom Browne both got thier starts as understudys for Ralph. But, with that said...the term superior is subjective anyway and you could probably throw a whole bunch of stuff in here and have people argue about it. But, it defenitley fits here more then it fits in the street wear section if you're gonna make categories.
September 25, 2007 @ 07:53 PM

Inactive

^^this thread should just be renamed to people from louisiana that talk about polo =/
September 25, 2007 @ 08:20 PM
DaVinci

im from Tennessee
September 25, 2007 @ 10:42 PM
MeccaDon718

And I'm from NY. Ralph Lauren is a god !
September 25, 2007 @ 11:56 PM
Emperor

Im from California...
September 26, 2007 @ 06:41 AM
fla$h-lauren

im from bk home of the lo trend that after 2 decades nikkas still follow 87 to 07
September 26, 2007 @ 06:45 AM

Inactive

lol this is quickly turning into a "where are u from" thread
September 26, 2007 @ 07:37 AM
NoName201

Im going to the Polo outlet in Roermond tomorrow. Anyone ever been there?
September 26, 2007 @ 11:27 AM
DaVinci

25% off brooksbrothers.com entire order with code: friend35, I know this isnt polo, but here it is if you want it.

Sub did you say lacoste fits larger or smaller than PRL polo's?
September 26, 2007 @ 11:41 AM

Inactive

They fit wider...so yeah larger.
September 26, 2007 @ 11:58 AM
tommyroks

25% off brooksbrothers.com entire order with code: friend35, I know this isnt polo, but here it is if you want it.

Sub did you say lacoste fits larger or smaller than PRL polo's?

ahh thanks..is there a in store coupon? Need to get some non-wrinkle button downs.

I will always be rocking Ralph Lauren, thinking of coping a Whole Suit from RUGBY.
September 26, 2007 @ 12:04 PM
DaVinci

ahh thanks..is there a in store coupon? Need to get some non-wrinkle button downs.

I will always be rocking Ralph Lauren, thinking of coping a Whole Suit from RUGBY.

yeah there is you just print of the coupon and show it to them in-store, if you give me your email I can forward it to you and you can print it off
September 26, 2007 @ 04:53 PM

Inactive

i see more xl than anything... polos, rugbys(not the brand), button ups, sweaters.... let me know what youre looking for.

some vintage 60s work boots

vintage polo bear in XL would be awesome.
September 26, 2007 @ 06:27 PM
Emperor

again........cosign^^

lol
September 26, 2007 @ 08:27 PM

Inactive

September 26, 2007 @ 09:13 PM
September 26, 2007 @ 10:29 PM

Inactive

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Macys had another god damn sale this military shirt from Polos GT coupe collection was in the 25% off rack and it was originally 90 bucks, it was onsale for 50 bucks...and a today only sale Macys had 20% off of that said i got the shit for about 39 dollars.

And the skinny tie was about 30 bucks....
September 27, 2007 @ 12:48 AM
Emperor

OMG!!!!

thats military shirts hella nice!

man thats a deal!!....I need to hit up Macys next week
September 27, 2007 @ 12:50 AM
Emperor

and is that watch polo legit?....that looks crazy...

if they had just a tee with that watch it would be dope
September 27, 2007 @ 06:24 AM

Inactive

Yep it's legit. Every thing from that seller is legit. Thinking about getting that polo bear polo he has even though its too big for me. Might get it tailored.
September 27, 2007 @ 08:06 PM
Wizard

Really not a fan of Ralph Lauren to be honest. They do some cool stuff but as a whole don't really feel much. Their stuff barely seems to have changed for absolutely ages, as a brand it really doesn't seem to move forward. And I think that watch Polo is horrible, looks like something BBC would release. Never know, maybe that's where Pharrell's inspiration came from ;)
September 27, 2007 @ 08:20 PM
LOCHNESS

BBC definatly found inspiration seemingly from that piece.

I love Polo, if someone asked me to choose one brand at the top of my list it would be RL Polo without a doubt. The way they can appeal across the board for basically any situation imaginable is amazing to me. If I have to get in the least bit dressed up its almost always Polo. I have to get dress this Saturday and itll be pretty much Polo head to toe I'll get some pictures up hopefully I can't believe I havn't been in this thread more.
September 27, 2007 @ 08:26 PM
Wizard

It's true that they cover a wide spectrum well without selling out to the level Armani have and keeping more true to their roots. But I just find it boring now. If you look at Polo from 10 years ago and compare it with today the majority of stuff hasn't gone through much of a change. I'm not saying that is necessarily a bad thing but for me it just seems as though they are afraid of taking risks and so play it safe year in year out. Must be doing something right though because they are one of the most popular brands out there, it's just not for me...
September 27, 2007 @ 08:34 PM

Inactive

The thing is Ralph Lauren is more into manufacturing a classic style or styles that never get old such as thier basic polos and chinos. So its not that that portion of it isnt moving foraward its that it never goes out of style. Further, they do change and have several different lines that are more cutting edge then there basic line. One huge example is that polo watch shirt lol. They would never make that shirt today, it went with the loud gaudy asthetic of the early 90s. Today the line has gone back to its roots of slim fitting classic lines.
September 27, 2007 @ 08:55 PM
pipokun

Really not a fan of Ralph Lauren to be honest. They do some cool stuff but as a whole don't really feel much. Their stuff barely seems to have changed for absolutely ages, as a brand it really doesn't seem to move forward. And I think that watch Polo is horrible, looks like something BBC would release. Never know, maybe that's where Pharrell's inspiration came from ;)

Polo is a big influence on "streetwear". Plenty of parodies and design approaches all over the place that scream 90s Polo.

This topic is closed, replies are no longer accepted.