February 8, 2007 @ 03:30 PM
ossy

that the state of streetwear urbanear whatever you want to call it is taking a real dive.. alot of companys have been previewing there new lines and all i see is crap after crap.. strong companys like artful D. are serving up awful shit .. what do you guyz think is the blame?

iunno i got some some big mind theroy that these smaller companies just cant keep up and have outgrown them selves

alot of these street wear brands were basement or small operations and with the hypebests and masses flooding them for there shit they have been swamped busy tryna satisfy the masses and cake as well.. so what does that mean? it hits there creativity it seems maybe they dont have enough time for concepts or they dont care lol and just want money? shits sad.. so much crap i have seen and the reuse of designs.. only a few have brought fresh shit orsiue looks real promising and i like kiser alot but the rest.. iunno.. im not that pumped for a ussaly busy exciting spring session for gear.. shit looks bleek

sry for the essay .. just had to state my mind
February 8, 2007 @ 03:33 PM

i dunno why but most of these companies create certain design and style to more general public. Hypebeast crowd is a very small population.

So no matter how much u guys dislike a brand or whtevers they will still make money and feed their tummy. Just my 2 cents.
February 8, 2007 @ 03:40 PM
magneticman

only arftful really disappointed me, Diamond and another brand (forget) were reeeeallly nice, and some others..
February 8, 2007 @ 03:50 PM
ossy

word evreybody has got to eat thats not a issue with me its jsut some brands not all but the majority have taking a big nose dive.. latley same time last year and b4 they were droping fire each session now its just ..........................suprised

and the only thing i can tie it too is them being so busy the creative aspect takes a dive cuz instead of spending time creating concepts and ish they speing it dealign with ups and suppling orders and paper work and all that jazz

i remeber talking to some kat at 10 deep and he was tellin me strait up that the extra bizzness is a gift and a curse its great the compant is gettin more exposure and bizzness by the extra time that has to be sacraficed is insane but nothing comes easy but it shouldnt be at the expence of the product cuz they u only screwing ur fans which ends up screwing u
February 8, 2007 @ 05:04 PM
alchapwn

i blame the hypebeasts out there =) rushing all the these companies..if those awful people wouldn't hype up this stuff, things wouldn't die so fast.
February 8, 2007 @ 05:07 PM
1ahB

i blame the hypebeasts out there =) rushing all the these companies..if those awful people wouldn't hype up this stuff, things wouldn't die so fast.

good job learning about hypebeast through the youtube vid.
February 8, 2007 @ 05:35 PM
alchapwn

thanks =D
February 9, 2007 @ 01:38 PM
UPTOWNS13

are you going to make a shirt that says "streetwear is dead" . . . and continue crying about it?
February 9, 2007 @ 03:22 PM
bapelong

seriously man, first you say its taking a dive and then you say Orisue is the only promising brand.....
February 9, 2007 @ 09:53 PM
Sk00tZ

I'm really digging Crooks and Diamond (although to me it's still more of a skate brand because that's what I knew it as first) this season. Artful Dodger was really meh, which sucks because I love their other stuff.

I'm thinking it's just that they're having to come up with more ideas. A lot of good shit has been done already, I guess they just need to recharge their creative batteries. Also, there seems to be an emphasis on hoodies lately so maybe they're just going to put more effort into the fall/winter line. Don't let one season make you want to abandon ship. Just rock some older stuff that you took out of rotation until something worth rocking comes along.
February 10, 2007 @ 10:40 AM

Inactive

ANY1 ELSE NOTICE this board going to shit lately?
February 10, 2007 @ 01:22 PM
FU2

Well if we take a step back and look at what these streetwear brands are doin it really isnt anything creative....graphic prints on tees and hoodies...all over prints was cool for a time but now done with...so where do these brands go from here??? We need more variety in the pieces comin out..different materials and fabrics...these companies need to experiment and really get creative on coming up with new concepts and designs...not graphic wise...there are million graphic print tees and hoodies out there where 99 percent of the time its a copy from something else....PRime example I wont even name em they know who they are ....... " D S C " and to Have Bobby and Ben Hundreds claim that they know street is like havin Bush sayin he knows what hes doin in iraq....They aint street they are business men makin money.....PERIOD....sorry if I went on too long but thats my 2 cents
February 10, 2007 @ 01:26 PM
rico227

^^^ just a thought, using many different types of fabrics and materials would cause prices to skyrocket... and not everybody can afford that
February 10, 2007 @ 02:10 PM
JewPac

It seems to me that too many brands are just living off their names. They make some good stuff, get popular and then just stop tryin.

Please login first to reply.