can u give tips how to make to us poor guys ? :D:rolleyes:
i am not good at explaining things, but i will just summarize what i did.
1. go to local art stores like joann's fabric , hancocks , international fabrics..etc.
2. pick out 2 fabrics (both outside and for lining)about 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 yds depending on how big your hoodie is going to be. i am a size small, so i only needed about 2 1/2 yds. remember, it's better to have more than have less, so i recommend buying more than what you are going to use, because i made few mistakes along the way and had to go out and buy more.
3. don't be stingy with zippers. more $ you put down, better quality. i used YKK reversible. doesn't work smooth, but they were the only kind they had.
(useful hint; in order to make your zipper move more smooth, zip your zipper then go over the zipper with wax.)
4. patterns; you can browse and buy one at the store or you can be cheap and just wing it. i basically found a hoodie that i wear all the time and basically used it to trace out the patterns on my fabrics. it's a bit tricky and complicated, but this way i get the hoodie exact size i want it and i don't have to spend $6.99 on a pattern sheet. remember to trace on both outside and lining. they do not have to be perfectly cut but the more they align, easier for you to sew later. (remember; you are not dealing with fleece. if you are doing floral print or any other fabric other than fleece, polyester, etc, they will not stretch, so i suggest when you cut out the patterns, you want to give enough space. otherwise, you will feel uncomfortable wearing it.)
5. cut out the pattern you have traced.
6. sew the outer fabric to your lining with sleeves, hood, jacket.
7. attach sleeves and hood to your jacket.
8. with the hoodie you have bought at a thrift store for $.99, cut out the arm bands and a waistband nicely with a razor.
9. sew arm bands and waist band to your jacket.
10. attach zipper.
materials for my project;
3 yds of black floral print - $6
3 yds of soft pink lining - $6
24" YKK reversible zipper - $3.69
hoodie from a thrift store - $.99
pre cutout armbands - $2.99
total cost = $19.67 + 8% tx tax
labor = about 8 hours because i suck at sewing and i have massive add.
thanks for all the comments and i hope this helped a little.