Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
April 16, 2006 @ 10:31 AM
ice grillz

i can't afford to cop leroy at the moment due to not having a job and credit card bills stacking up, so i decided to make one.
if i remember correctly, there was another dude on here that made one himself, too.

i am not planning on making any for profit.
maybe couple more for closest friends only.

TOP $$$ FOR - SUPREME ROSARY TEE/CREWNECK SIZE MED.

April 16, 2006 @ 10:37 AM

Inactive

Good job. Looks really profesional. In unrelated news why havent you havent brought me any eggs or a basket in years?
April 16, 2006 @ 11:43 AM
gferny

Good job. Looks really profesional. In unrelated news why havent you havent brought me any eggs or a basket in years?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

btw the hoodie does look good .. nice work :D
April 16, 2006 @ 12:51 PM
Corn

can u give tips how to make to us poor guys ? :D:rolleyes:
April 16, 2006 @ 01:06 PM

Inactive

Look good man, wanna make me one too?
April 16, 2006 @ 01:08 PM

Inactive

lemme ask you something..how much total did it make you to put that together..
April 16, 2006 @ 01:08 PM
Young_Gav

so theres no way i could buy this one that you have on or you could make one for some serious cash?
April 16, 2006 @ 01:11 PM
dblockdosmil

damn thats looks very professional nice work...............idk 4 some reason i think he's runnin a sweatshop in his basement..........
April 16, 2006 @ 01:13 PM
ice grillz

can u give tips how to make to us poor guys ? :D:rolleyes:

i am not good at explaining things, but i will just summarize what i did.

1. go to local art stores like joann's fabric , hancocks , international fabrics..etc.
2. pick out 2 fabrics (both outside and for lining)about 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 yds depending on how big your hoodie is going to be. i am a size small, so i only needed about 2 1/2 yds. remember, it's better to have more than have less, so i recommend buying more than what you are going to use, because i made few mistakes along the way and had to go out and buy more.
3. don't be stingy with zippers. more $ you put down, better quality. i used YKK reversible. doesn't work smooth, but they were the only kind they had.
(useful hint; in order to make your zipper move more smooth, zip your zipper then go over the zipper with wax.)
4. patterns; you can browse and buy one at the store or you can be cheap and just wing it. i basically found a hoodie that i wear all the time and basically used it to trace out the patterns on my fabrics. it's a bit tricky and complicated, but this way i get the hoodie exact size i want it and i don't have to spend $6.99 on a pattern sheet. remember to trace on both outside and lining. they do not have to be perfectly cut but the more they align, easier for you to sew later. (remember; you are not dealing with fleece. if you are doing floral print or any other fabric other than fleece, polyester, etc, they will not stretch, so i suggest when you cut out the patterns, you want to give enough space. otherwise, you will feel uncomfortable wearing it.)
5. cut out the pattern you have traced.
6. sew the outer fabric to your lining with sleeves, hood, jacket.
7. attach sleeves and hood to your jacket.
8. with the hoodie you have bought at a thrift store for $.99, cut out the arm bands and a waistband nicely with a razor.
9. sew arm bands and waist band to your jacket.
10. attach zipper.

materials for my project;

3 yds of black floral print - $6
3 yds of soft pink lining - $6
24" YKK reversible zipper - $3.69
hoodie from a thrift store - $.99
pre cutout armbands - $2.99

total cost = $19.67 + 8% tx tax
labor = about 8 hours because i suck at sewing and i have massive add.

thanks for all the comments and i hope this helped a little.

April 16, 2006 @ 01:20 PM
dblockdosmil

damn is this your first time cuting and sewing?
April 16, 2006 @ 01:21 PM
ice grillz

yeah, i could make more and make $$$, but i don't like the idea of making floral prints and keep biting leroy not for myself but to sell.

it only took me under $20 + gas fee to make this because it was my first project and didn't want to spend too much, but in the future, id like to make one with silk lining so it would feel smooth inside when i wear.

and because i did not use fleece, the hoodie is really light so i can even wear them during day time in texas.

April 16, 2006 @ 01:26 PM

Inactive

can you post closer pictures of the ribbing, i dont understand how you hid the seams sewing them on last.. the way you presented the steps wouldnt work.
April 16, 2006 @ 01:53 PM
AfrocentricAsian

yo that looks freshh. i know u dont wanna sell. but if you ever re-consider. hit me up. ill pay $$$ for a hoodie like that.
April 16, 2006 @ 02:07 PM
ZOKU

*nod* Damn, it looks sweet, dude...
April 16, 2006 @ 02:12 PM

Inactive

does it have pockets?
April 16, 2006 @ 02:13 PM
dblockdosmil

lol i think not, good thing we have pants
April 16, 2006 @ 02:27 PM
ice grillz

i may have written down the steps wrong but if i understood your question correctly, i have sewn the sleeves, the hood, waist band...etc so that it looks clean from looking from the outside and inside. you won't see any messy threads popping out. my mom does a lot of sewing and she taught me how.

yes, if you look closely at the first picture, there are pockets.
see the pattern? they don't quite match because there are pockets.

like i said i have not thought about making more for $. i simply made one because i am poor and i have a lot of time on my hand. if i do decide to make some, i know i won't rape any of you with heavy $. this was my first ever hoodie and there are few flaws that i need to fix. i will keep working on it til i am satisfied with it then i will start selling.

i can make some now and sell, but i would not feel good about selling something that i thought wasn't perfect.

April 16, 2006 @ 02:59 PM
danegerous

you did a real nice job, bro. You could walk around and people wouldn't even know it wasn't Leroy...you may have just put em outta business. Fake leroy's, here we come!
April 16, 2006 @ 03:06 PM

Inactive

true, what machine do you use? cause i wanna do my own cut and sew hoodies in 2 or 3 months...but for now i've just been drawing up concepts and stuff....
April 16, 2006 @ 03:14 PM

Inactive

nice job. very impressed
April 16, 2006 @ 03:28 PM
Diamond

It's cool that you took the time to make the hoodie and all, but tryin to sell them is not very cool:stoneface: . Come up with your own idea or hoodie concept and sell that.... Biting what someone else has done and selling it is just plain wrong.
Hahaha.... U might as well make some Hundreds or Bape screens and print your own shirts. I smell a future bootlegger in the making.
Next thing you know this kid is gonna start his own factory in china and start making fake Nikes. Get the fuck outta here!:thumbsdown:
April 16, 2006 @ 03:32 PM
M.E.M.P.H.I.S

You guys are retards. How can you tell if that shit looks professional? You can't.

And don't even try to front on me like I'm just hating to hate. That's a given'. I'm just telling it like it is, because I've sewn enough shit to know what you can 'hide' from the eye, especially with a lo-res image taken from six feet away.
April 16, 2006 @ 04:34 PM
jaywalkent

tha dude that made it even said it was nowhere near perfect and he wouldnt start sellin until he perfected...so whats tha big deal hes not trynna pass this off as professional hes jus showin his work, good work by the way
April 16, 2006 @ 04:53 PM
ice grillz

diamond,

like i said on my first post, i wasn't going to bootleg leroy or anyone for that matter. i simply made one for myself and myself only but when people asked i was thinking about making some for them for very little $. hell, i'd make em for material cost + shipping. this way, i'd get a lot of practice on my cutting and sewing which will only benefit me.

and memphis, you are right. i still have a lot of flaws with my hoodie but it's my first one and hopefully it will only get better from now on.
thanks for your feedback.

again, i appreciate all the + / - comments.
it's been really helpful.

April 16, 2006 @ 05:44 PM
nextup85

Forget them man, you should start selling these IMO the materials used are better than the Leroy Jenkins ones, yall act like Leroy Jenkins is a real brand them dudes are just making custom hoodies using fabric its not such a big deal. Plus they wanna overcharge cats $250 a hoodie when ice grillz just told us it dont cost more than $30 to make one.Diamond, I know your cool with those dudes and the tiffany dunks are dope, but your sounding like a hater right now :thumbsdown: :rofl:
April 16, 2006 @ 06:14 PM
ackbar

dead that hater shit. diamond is right.

homeboy stole their idea and is now up here trying to sell bootleg hoodies.
take heed of your avatar. shark niggaz.
April 16, 2006 @ 07:19 PM
SayWord

Yo Shut the fuck up, dude ain't trying to sell bootleg hoodies, that wasn't the purpose of this shit. Who said he would Just do Floral Prints anyway? Stop fucking hating in 06 and give the man his just do. I bet you couldn't do some shit like that. Jealous hating ass mufuckas.

props on that shit, Can we get some better qualty pics?
April 16, 2006 @ 07:34 PM
lilkrnjasheekx

verry nice job. u seem pretty legit with not wanting to sell your warez and all..
April 16, 2006 @ 07:44 PM
ackbar

the word "hating" should be banned from this board until y'all figure out the definition.

the kid said he made a leroy jenkins biten copycat hoodie...then he said he would start selling them. wtf are you reading?

lol @ me not being able to make my own hoodie. i didn't realize having tight sewing skills made you fly. i can afford to buy a motherfucking sweatshirt.
April 16, 2006 @ 08:35 PM
ZOKU

ice grillz has already made it perfectly clear with what his intentions are. Putting words into his mouth or making him out to be some bad guy is retarded.

Yes, he was biting on LeRoy Jenkins. He already said that. But who the fuck is LeRoy Jenkins? You know who he is? Some other dude with a fucking sewing machine. I don't see any LeRoy Jenkins corporation or institution so don't make him out to be some major league fashion designer. :rofl: :thumbsdown: :rofl: The kid has already stated this was his first attempt at cutting, sewing and designing his own hoodie. Fuck the floral print for a second and give him his props for making his own shit. He has already stated that *if* he were to sell them, he would doing so for the cost of materials and shipping. Moreso, this would allow more practice on his end. Calling him names and making him out to be this big-time bootlegger is completely false.

Did I use too many big words with too many complete sentences? Here. Let me break it down in a way that you might be able to better comprehend.

Stop twistin' people's words and actions to make them out to be some evil empire. There is nothing illegal whatsoever about what he is doing or what his intentions are. Take your parent's cash, buy a hoodie of your own and stop callin' this kid out like he's done something wrong.

How was that? :D

Please login first to reply.