January 18, 2007 @ 09:12 AM
mindz82

It seems like I've had this problem forever. Half of the hot shit I want I can't get because alot of companies don't make anything larger than 2XL. I'm not a fat guy, I'm 6'4 230 lbs and in good shape, but theres no way in hell I can wear a 2XL without it looking skin tight and being mad young. The sleeves are all short and shit. Whats with all these companies not making at least 3XL? Is there just not a big enough market for these sizes to mass produce them? This shit has been pissing me off for some time. confused
January 18, 2007 @ 09:37 AM
Psycho Mike O

i'll be straight up. its because many of those companies don't want fat people and ghetto people to wear their stuff. when companies start making 2xl or higher, then it either goes to fatter people, who are not a good look for the company, and the hood, which wears their clothes huge.

the regular just big guys like yourself get overlooked but its not worth it to make another lot of t shirts just for you. especially with not being able to meet the minimums. you may think there are a lot of people your size out there, but for a business it doesn't make sense to focus on you when the normal Large wearing guys outnumber you 20 to 1. at least i know thats how some companies think
January 18, 2007 @ 09:43 AM
Diamond

It seems like I've had this problem forever. Half of the hot shit I want I can't get because alot of companies don't make anything larger than 2XL. I'm not a fat guy, I'm 6'4 230 lbs and in good shape, but theres no way in hell I can wear a 2XL without it looking skin tight and being mad young. The sleeves are all short and shit. Whats with all these companies not making at least 3XL? Is there just not a big enough market for these sizes to mass produce them? This shit has been pissing me off for some time. confused

We sell a lot of 3x.
January 18, 2007 @ 10:20 AM
shersher

i'll be straight up. its because many of those companies don't want fat people and ghetto people to wear their stuff. when companies start making 2xl or higher, then it either goes to fatter people, who are not a good look for the company, and the hood, which wears their clothes huge.

the regular just big guys like yourself get overlooked but its not worth it to make another lot of t shirts just for you. especially with not being able to meet the minimums. you may think there are a lot of people your size out there, but for a business it doesn't make sense to focus on you when the normal Large wearing guys outnumber you 20 to 1. at least i know thats how some companies think

why use the word "ghetto people" that is ignorant. but there are many people that are just thick and not trying to wear their close very large, it is actually what they need.
January 18, 2007 @ 10:45 AM
mindz82

Yeah see the thing with me is, width wise and all that I fit a 2XL just fine. The problem is I don't really like that spandex tight hipster fit. The arms on anything 2XL are always really short, and thats not my style. I like my clothes to be a little bit baggy. Nothing crazy or huge. 2XL shirts will barely hang past my belt. Are there any brands where the 2XL runs very big?
January 18, 2007 @ 10:50 AM
mindz82

We sell a lot of 3x.

All the online retailers I check out never have any of your shit in stock. Do you know any that regularly carry 3x? I don't think Digital Gravel stocks any items at all in 3XL either.
January 18, 2007 @ 11:13 AM
Diamond

All the online retailers I check out never have any of your shit in stock. Do you know any that regularly carry 3x? I don't think Digital Gravel stocks any items at all in 3XL either.

Yea, thats a problem.
The only online store that carries Diamond in 3X is

store.caliskatz.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2519

Check it out.
January 18, 2007 @ 11:44 AM
bigbadbuda

im a big dude too, crooks, 10 deep, and others make 3x homie ....trust me they are out there it might not be much but you can get fresh!!
January 18, 2007 @ 11:50 AM
Bay Wars

If the company makes a 3xl its usually pretty easy to find cause no one buys them. Same with big shoes. razz
January 18, 2007 @ 11:57 AM
emmanuelabor

If the company makes a 3xl its usually pretty easy to find cause no one buys them. Same with big shoes. razz

wrong 2 times
January 18, 2007 @ 12:03 PM
emmanuelabor

....many of those companies don't want fat people and ghetto people to wear their stuff. when companies start making 2xl or higher, then it either goes to fatter people, who are not a good look for the company, and the hood, which wears their clothes huge....

you sound incredibly ignorant with this entire statement

truth be told its generally a financial issue. if youre buying blanks, 2X and larger usually cost more than M-XL. if youre doing cut & sew, it generally isnt feasible to make bigger sizes if youre unsure theres a market for your product in that size.
January 18, 2007 @ 01:47 PM
THE CEO

3x is def. hard to find. There are some Crooks 3x shirts and hoodies out there and also 10 deep. After that the going gets tough!
January 18, 2007 @ 02:08 PM
Shanklin

NO! Its impossible to find my sized shoe since its rare for people to wear a size 15 shoe and when they do it sells out like hotcakes because its so hard to find bigger shoes razz

http://kevinshanklin.com/ IF YOU HAVE A FFFOUND.COM INVITE MSG ME

January 18, 2007 @ 02:13 PM
Hellah Fresh

Dude if you can't find something 3XL then this only means 1 thing... Get yo ass on a diet rite plan. For real real...
January 18, 2007 @ 02:27 PM
bomber

This issue hits close to home for me as I also have trouble finding clothes sometimes.

I weigh around 235 usually (and I hover around 10% bodyfat most of the time for any of you guys making ignorant fat jokes) so I usually fall between XL and 2XL. It really depends on the company...but with streetwear stuff I usually have go straight for the 2XL as a lot of brands seem to fit smaller...I don't know if its Japanese style influence or whatever, but a random Nike shirt in XL is going to usually be the size of a streetwear 2XL.

Now, I agree that 3XL may be getting to the point where the sales dip enough that the brand don't want to bother...but I am surprised there are a lot of brands not even willing to go to 2XL.

According to a lot of the 135lb people on this site there is zero market for anything above XL, but I have to say that most of the shops I have talked to tell a much different story. I can find most any design anywhere in M and L, but XL and 2XL? Good luck.

I used to think it was because the shops ordered a lot more M and L, but most of them say the XL/2XL stuff just sells much faster (which is why it is so hard to come by).

Anyway, that doesn't help you find the sizes you are looking for, but trust me...you are not alone in your frusturation.
January 18, 2007 @ 02:49 PM
mindz82

Dude if you can't find something 3XL then this only means 1 thing... Get yo ass on a diet rite plan. For real real...

Yo man did you even read anything I said in this entire thread? 230 lbs is not heavy for 6'4 when you're cut. I'm in the best shape of my life right now. I just got done bulking up. The problem isn't that im too fat to fit in the close, its that they fuckin fit like spandex and everything is mad short. Sorry I'm not one of those hipster nerds that weigh 140 lbs soaking wet and wear shit 2 sizes too small with some of them square glasses.
January 18, 2007 @ 02:58 PM
c.lopez

i am the exact same size as you and i have the same rproblems.. well an easy way to solve it is to shop @ Recon.. their 3x's are nto snug and they fit nice and loose. if u need some more help on other brands get @ me...1
January 18, 2007 @ 02:59 PM
mindz82

This issue hits close to home for me as I also have trouble finding clothes sometimes.

I weigh around 235 usually (and I hover around 10% bodyfat most of the time for any of you guys making ignorant fat jokes) so I usually fall between XL and 2XL. It really depends on the company...but with streetwear stuff I usually have go straight for the 2XL as a lot of brands seem to fit smaller...I don't know if its Japanese style influence or whatever, but a random Nike shirt in XL is going to usually be the size of a streetwear 2XL.

Now, I agree that 3XL may be getting to the point where the sales dip enough that the brand don't want to bother...but I am surprised there are a lot of brands not even willing to go to 2XL.

According to a lot of the 135lb people on this site there is zero market for anything above XL, but I have to say that most of the shops I have talked to tell a much different story. I can find most any design anywhere in M and L, but XL and 2XL? Good luck.

I used to think it was because the shops ordered a lot more M and L, but most of them say the XL/2XL stuff just sells much faster (which is why it is so hard to come by).

Anyway, that doesn't help you find the sizes you are looking for, but trust me...you are not alone in your frusturation.

Finally, someone that gets it. Weighing 230 lbs and being tall does not make you an overweight shit. The average size of any athlete is probably around the 230 lb mark. Half the people I see wearing streetwear are lanky as fuck. Not everyone looks and dresses like this guy.
January 18, 2007 @ 03:12 PM

that pic of the dude..everything look kinda tight..this is why they dont make XXL.
I think skinny dude rockin tight clothing is very gay, but ppls does it. Its just worse if a big dude dresses like that.
January 18, 2007 @ 03:44 PM
rasclaaat

Why is there always someone who spits this ignorant stuff? This same exact topic was already covered in a thread about 5 months back and someone said the exact same shit. How do you purport to know what companies think? Are you a CEO of a streetwear company?

First of all quite a few dope companies do make XXXL like Nick Diamond has pointed out. Other than that i can think of 3sixteen off the top of my head.

The main problem with making XXXL tees is that a) the blanks are usually more expensive, b) if your XXLs don't sell as well as your Ms LS and XLs you probably won't think of trying to make XXXL c) the artwork might look too small and then you gotta remake bigger screens which can be very expensive d) stores might not order them - you gotta realize the buyers at stores have as much influence over what a brand puts out as the brand themselves do. If people don't order a certain product, it often gets cancelled.
January 18, 2007 @ 03:49 PM
Bay Wars

Everytime I see shoes on sale theyre either sizes 5-8 or 11.5-13. Your talking about size 15? Ya no shit theyre not gonna have those!! I wouldn't buy no size 15 shoe if I ran a shop. Maybe a website that gets tons of traffic I'd think about buying a few big sized shoes. Last week the Fire Red's were still on Footlocker.com sizes 15-17 but all the rest were sold out the first day. I'm not gonna say its not hard to find shoes in your size but there are some advantages to having irregular sized feet. Go into Marshalls or whatever type a store like that and they ALWAYS have some huge ass shoes that don'tsell and there usually the only shoes in there worth buying. And 3xl on the Diamond tees are always the last to get copped so like I said if they make em in a 3xl they're usually the easiest to cop.
January 18, 2007 @ 04:34 PM
Hellah Fresh

Finally, someone that gets it. Weighing 230 lbs and being tall does not make you an overweight shit. The average size of any athlete is probably around the 230 lb mark. Half the people I see wearing streetwear are lanky as fuck. Not everyone looks and dresses like this guy.

I thought ya might of been a chunkie guy haha well dude i'm almost the same weight as you but, Im 6'2'' 225lbs. I feel you on the tees that be looking tight and stuff.. But yeah that extra 5lbs. you got must make a hella differance. That hoodie do look kinda tight. I can wear XL and it will be a perfect fit not tight not too lose. 2XL wont work for ya or what?
January 18, 2007 @ 05:05 PM
IHaveAPosse

cause fat people wearing something automatically makes that something a whole lot less respectable

dont get me wrong, some of my best friends are fat people
they just don't wear streetwear that would pretty much make them look fuckign retarded anyway
January 18, 2007 @ 05:23 PM
bomber

cause fat people wearing something automatically makes that something a whole lot less respectable

they just don't wear streetwear that would pretty much make them look fuckign retarded anyway

Yea just like this fat fucker here. He damn near bankrupted 10deep by needing to wear such a large shirt.

January 18, 2007 @ 05:27 PM
c.lopez

they dotn understand cuz we are 6
5 230 does not mena were fat. for me it means i throw baseballs at 90 mph. im not fat at all..
January 18, 2007 @ 05:33 PM
Tiffany Chan

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="7"]WHAT THA FUCC!!??!![/SIZE][/FONT]
January 18, 2007 @ 08:40 PM
SB_Hitikori

lol isnt that gallo lol?
dam why ya saying he dresses to tight lol. but anyway back to the subject. im kinda big right now myself im 5"9 and im like 230 but i ushally weigh like 205 i just been lazy. most my shirts is 2x or xl depends on the company and i got a couple 10 deep hoodies xl size. i dont wanna dress to tight cause i think it looks stupid chunky people dressing mad tight..
January 18, 2007 @ 09:52 PM
BWS

so why do skinny suburban white guys rock smedium supreme tees with fat ass raekwon and ghostface killah on them,? hmmm
January 18, 2007 @ 10:35 PM
Black Chanler

^^^^ True, but would it be streetwear if it didnt love hip-hop culture and detest it at the same time?

As far as the size thing, most likely you are screwed for the most part, to be honest.
January 19, 2007 @ 12:16 AM
Hellah Fresh

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="7"]WHAT THA FUCC!!??!![/SIZE][/FONT]

hahaha! My friends used to make fun of me because they barely see me in a tee that is below my waist. When i do have it on they be like.. damn finally ahaha

Please login first to reply.