Enjoy an Additional 10% Off on All Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA10
December 28, 2006 @ 03:57 PM
1978S

So I saw this post over on NT which I'm sure a bunch of you have seen. If you havent', you might find it interesting. Posted by Green Ice 05:

http://p107.ezboard.com/fniketalkfrm9.showMessageRange?topicID=212203.topic&start=1&stop=20

Discuss.....
December 28, 2006 @ 04:06 PM
LOCHNESS

This is becoming a mandatory post just about every week.

When it comes down to it, every single culture and sub culture is going to flucuate and change and go through phases. I think saying that something is dead is not accurate because as long as people are on here talking all day about a product merely because they want to rock it out of the house streetwear will be alive. As long as someone wants to be original and step out correctly and on some different steez than everyone else streetwear will be alive.

Bootlegging and Fakes are nothing new and they wont be going away. Its just important that we can realize whos true and knows what they are doing and whos wearing something because they saw it on BET.
December 28, 2006 @ 04:08 PM
jjs home

concept makes sense but the reasoning is heavily flawed. If people think streetwear is defined by all over prints they don't get what streetwear is

with that being said as far as the looks, yes many are played out, but all that means is they they have to step back up and make more new hot product, and if they can't pop more the 9 months then they should have never been in the game to begin with
December 28, 2006 @ 04:10 PM
elprezzo

damn the counterfieting is crazy...it seems like they searched boards like these or wherever, found out whats got the hype behind it, and then they copied the whole design...I actually feel for the brands who got copied cause biting just aint cool...I knew that once the hood got a hold of it that the trend was over...its sad to say but its the truth that once you start to see a trend in the hood that means that its pretty much downhill from there...cause a majority of people are only wearing stuff cause they seen their fav. rapper or celeb wearing it...like if I was wearing stussy or so-called skateboard" fashion shit in the hood 2 years ago cats would've been clowning...now thats the normal look...and next year its finna be something else...
December 28, 2006 @ 04:16 PM
elprezzo

I actually liked this shit more when everybody wasnt up on it...streetwear wont go away imo, but I think it needs to have a drastic change to distance it from becoming mainstream cause thats what I think a lot of us were attracted to those type of clothes for...we knew it wasnt out there like that...so i think that even tho I know that its nothing wrong with goin mainstream because you are running a business and have to make money I DO think that streetwear would be essentially killing itself off if it goes mainstream...

...so what do you designers have in store for us next?? to take it to the next level?!?
December 28, 2006 @ 04:17 PM
tommyroks

just cuz nas came out wit hip hop is dead..now everyone wana be "original". gay ass ppls..

Dressing nice is dead will be the next one.
December 28, 2006 @ 04:19 PM
elprezzo

lol...that was funny...
December 28, 2006 @ 04:20 PM

Inactive

concept makes sense but the reasoning is heavily flawed. If people think streetwear is defined by all over prints they don't get what streetwear is

with that being said as far as the looks, yes many are played out, but all that means is they they have to step back up and make more new hot product, and if they can't pop more the 9 months then they should have never been in the game to begin with

EXACTLY what i was gonna say. but the sad thing is that all these mass market manufacturers are looking at the indies alot more closely so its going to ruin alot of things, being that exclusivity is going to go out the window....quality is going to have to take the reigns.
December 28, 2006 @ 05:52 PM
FFent Freelanc

it wont die in my opinion, those who were here before it blew up, will be here now, and will still be here afterwards, plus when summer comes around these companies will fall out because the all-over print shirt isnt that common in streetwear, and even though its made, i think theyre never as hot as a hoody, so these companies will fall out because t-shirt designs differ so much its hard to copy shit or have enough hype to get you the kinda cake they need for this mass production but im blown at them completely jacking designs like the chain gang, its different when i can say "thats fake" or "wanna-be" but when you jack a whole design i dont even know thats too far
December 28, 2006 @ 06:02 PM
Wu Dynasty

Hopefully this will force streetwear brands to step up the creativity and quality of their clothes.
December 28, 2006 @ 06:03 PM
Jones Soda

Roll up to the boutiques, murder the clerks
December 28, 2006 @ 06:09 PM
emmanuelabor

best post in this entire thread
December 28, 2006 @ 07:20 PM
The Real World

just cuz nas came out wit hip hop is dead..now everyone wana be "original". gay ass ppls..

Dressing nice is dead will be the next one.

everyone knows the hundreds came out with that line. so i guess nas bootlegged that too !
December 28, 2006 @ 07:31 PM
GORILLARMS

[SIZE="5"]TO DA LEFT TO DA LEFT, BULLET!!!!!!![/SIZE]
December 28, 2006 @ 08:25 PM
frizzle

[SIZE="5"]TO DA LEFT TO DA LEFT, BULLET!!!!!!![/SIZE]

lmao!!!!!!!
December 28, 2006 @ 09:33 PM

Inactive

yeah seriously can we just fucking stop with these threads. we dont fucking care.
December 28, 2006 @ 11:12 PM
SayWord

I don't even care anymore. I stick with a few brands now that I know will be timeless, so fuck it.
December 29, 2006 @ 12:51 AM
wallydykstra

I don't even care anymore. I stick with a few brands now that I know will be timeless, so fuck it.

Oh yeah? Well...well I like to tie gerbals around my ankles and run thru laundromats naked...cool
December 29, 2006 @ 12:56 AM
SayWord

chea!
December 29, 2006 @ 01:17 AM
Offthebooks

Some of these streetwear brands will be gone by next summer.....I think brands like Stussy, Supreme, new era will always stay.
December 29, 2006 @ 09:44 AM
knightlovesqueen

new era is not a treetwear brand
December 29, 2006 @ 09:49 AM
tommyroks

yeah seriously can we just fucking stop with these threads. we dont fucking care.

^^
December 29, 2006 @ 10:08 AM

Inactive

my gerbil is dead
December 29, 2006 @ 10:54 AM

Inactive

haha
December 29, 2006 @ 01:09 PM
debs 168

i mean...
if you think about it, most of these so called street wear labels were all trying to copy off of one another. they were all doing the same thing, and most of them also knocked bape, which they bit the shit out of...so now they're getting bitten by bootleg companies...everybody is making all over everything now...shoes, shirts, hoodies, hats, etc.
*shrugs*
December 30, 2006 @ 07:28 PM
Simplified

minimalism will never die
December 31, 2006 @ 02:47 AM
BAYAREAARTIST

No idea’s original, established companies get away with so many things simply because they are already known, when in fact most of the time, their ideas aren’t very innovative. Then you have the other lesser known and ”generic” brands doing all of the bittin’.
December 31, 2006 @ 02:52 AM
jjs home

yeah they STOP when you STOP clicking them and caring about them, then its like magic they're there but at the same time THEY aren't

December 31, 2006 @ 03:42 AM
RoyalCA

Im thinking that all over print hoodies will no longer be in...streetwear will get some new brands in the mix...itll never die..itll change tho..for realll and all of you need to stop hating online ha

looky what bobby hundreds says...
Trend of the year?
All-over prints. Zip-up hoodies. All-over printed zip-up hoodies.
Hypebeasting.
Hating.
Basically, deep-rooted insecurity, mimicking style, and adopting
popular opinions.
December 31, 2006 @ 09:04 AM
1978S

yeah they STOP when you STOP clicking them and caring about them, then its like magic they're there but at the same time THEY aren't

Yeah, people need to stop fucking crying. This is a post from another forum, from a different perspective/different people than the regulars here on Hypebeast. Just some opinions from another angle. You saw the title, you knew what you were getting into. Don't bump it to the top if don't like the thread. Bunch of fuckin' babies. >sad

Please login first to reply.