[I Love Ugly] – 2014 Official Discussion Thread

June 04, 2014 @ 16:02:05
Nice to know thanks. The mandarin shirt fit looks proper on ya so I will probably go for the same. The arms must be crazy long on the medium and larges
June 04, 2014 @ 17:48:43
Nice to know thanks. The mandarin shirt fit looks proper on ya so I will probably go for the same. The arms must be crazy long on the medium and larges
Np - glad to help. If ILU support doesn't get bogged down by countless fit questions, it gives them more reaction time for those that genuinely have a problem. Every single bit helps...it's a contributed effort, no matter how big/small.

One of my pet peeves is how long their sleeves are. I think they fashioned it based on their model on the site, for he has like..gorilla arms or something LOL. There is this generous amount of space from the shoulder tip all the way down to the bend, if you have decent biceps good for you. (I have skinny arms!) 

"I wish you well in your journey into The Sprawl. there's no turning back at that point."

June 04, 2014 @ 17:53:04
I get what you're saying, they haven't bothered replying to my emails from when the Bobby pants released. Oh well.

At this point, I'm just waiting for their Los Angeles store to open up, waiting for them exclusives.

muhstakes.tumblr.com | IG: muhstvkes

June 04, 2014 @ 19:40:03
I'm not sure how long the sleeves are for small, but here's a fit pic in medium:
(weird posture because I had to make sure nothing fell out of my kebab lol)

I'm fairly tall (6'1/185cm) so the sleeves fits me nicely.
No pics for the duffle coat just yet, it's been raining all week and I'm dependent on sunlight to get decent pictures.
June 04, 2014 @ 22:25:50
I get what you're saying, they haven't bothered replying to my emails from when the Bobby pants released. Oh well.

At this point, I'm just waiting for their Los Angeles store to open up, waiting for them exclusives.
I'll try to get a fit pic up, ETA for the package should be within a couple of hours, just called DHL to ask about it.

So just waiting for LA store to open it's doors? Certainly not the get-10-articles-at-once muhstakes I know smokeyface

"I wish you well in your journey into The Sprawl. there's no turning back at that point."

June 05, 2014 @ 11:01:22
New coats up...what your guys favorite between the 3 (black overcoat, tan overcoat and grey duffle). I wish they did the overcoat in grey as well as I am leaning more towards that style as I don't like hoods on jackets cause I often rock hoodies underneath. Between the black and tan overcoat would probably end up getting black even though tan is super clean....just don't know how tan would look rocking khakis.
June 06, 2014 @ 02:47:21
im a size 29 in zanerobe sureshots, anyone know which size I should get for zespy pants ?
June 06, 2014 @ 05:45:00
Hey guys,

I just got the premiuem black leather jacket in size M and its too big on me. I'm 175cm and the jacket is too long. I'm gonna return it and get an S unless someone here wants it? I'll wait a few days before sending it back.

I'll post pics tomorrow.
June 06, 2014 @ 08:16:55
Hey guys,

I just got the premiuem black leather jacket in size M and its too big on me. I'm 175cm and the jacket is too long. I'm gonna return it and get an S unless someone here wants it? I'll wait a few days before sending it back.

I'll post pics tomorrow.
Mind you the jacket in small is only a single centimeter (0.4") shorter. If the jacket in medium is too long, small won't be much different.
June 06, 2014 @ 15:21:57
Hey guys,

I'll post pics tomorrow.
Mind you the jacket in small is only a single centimeter (0.4") shorter. If the jacket in medium is too long, small won't be much different.

You're right. I'm gonna double check the sizing guide but I think S will be fine. Thanks for letting me know blushing.
June 06, 2014 @ 18:42:04
Here's the leather bomber jacket fit in M:

June 07, 2014 @ 03:30:49
Really nice jacket, wish I had the dough to just drop on a single jacket. #brokeboi

Anyway, Gilt has some ILU pieces on their website. Just picked up some James pants and the white pocket tee for $100. I won't be too worried about those Bobby pants anymore. ;)

LINK HERE

June 07, 2014 @ 04:44:34
Don't like the Bobby pants, the silky material used inside. Harem pants crotch are just way too low, left without buying anything today, but found out that their next Zespy trackies are going to be similar to the Nike Tech Fleece pants. Probably grab a pair this coming Saturday tbh. 

Lorde fan by default

June 07, 2014 @ 06:02:55
New coats up...what your guys favorite between the 3 (black overcoat, tan overcoat and grey duffle). I wish they did the overcoat in grey as well as I am leaning more towards that style as I don't like hoods on jackets cause I often rock hoodies underneath. Between the black and tan overcoat would probably end up getting black even though tan is super clean....just don't know how tan would look rocking khakis.
Between the Overcoat Vs the duffle, I would say it's like comparing apples & oranges. The duffle (with the paneled hood) is more versatile IMO. You can co-ord with a tie, oxford+cardigan/sweater and chinos and use it as an outer piece...or go laid back with tee+chambray and jeans. Alternatively, one can go plaid+trucker/denim jacket with it on top...ultimately, go with what ya comfortable with. 

With the Overcoat, it's a little trickier because the rules are laid down...you would want a button up as the base piece, followed by a mid layer like a blazer or vest and matching pants, ultimately yielding a classy look. 

im a size 29 in zanerobe sureshots, anyone know which size I should get for zespy pants ?
Zanerobes are pretty tight. Go for the small without a doubt.  (NOTE:ILU ZESPY material is thicker and not as stretchy in comparison)

June 07, 2014 @ 06:35:13
Don't like the Bobby pants, the silky material used inside. Harem pants crotch are just way too low, left without buying anything today, but found out that their next Zespy trackies are going to be similar to the Nike Tech Fleece pants. Probably grab a pair this coming Saturday tbh. 
How do you know this? Saturday as in tomorrow the 7th?

When you call one wolf you invite the pack

June 07, 2014 @ 06:42:00
Originally posted by Inactive User
Every time I go shopping I always drop by the ILU store. The store manager told me about the new trackies whilst trying on the current ones. I think he said it was going to be released this week, and to come by again. This guy tells customers everything. This is just so perfect for me cause I couldn't choose between the tech fleece or ILU trackies  and EDIT: This coming Saturday means the 14th. It's already Saturday today here in NZ

Lorde fan by default

June 07, 2014 @ 06:51:48
Similar as in crotch or just the cut overall? Hope they change the cut on the trackies, it's just bad. It either fits really nice or really bad in my opinion. Hoping for that Jonty style cut but I doubt it though.

June 07, 2014 @ 06:55:35
Similar as in crotch or just the cut overall? Hope they change the cut on the trackies, it's just bad. It either fits really nice or really bad in my opinion. Hoping for that Jonty style cut but I doubt it though.
Don't know exactly, that's pretty much all I found out aye.

Lorde fan by default

June 07, 2014 @ 07:27:50
Just picked up some James pants and the white pocket tee for $100. I won't be too worried about those Bobby pants anymore. ;)

LINK HERE
Hey M, sorry for the delay. Been raining the past couple of days, weather all grey and dreary. Sized Medium in the tweed.

Bobby pant is DRY CLEAN only. Normal washing will shrink it, but not as much as 100% wool.

Take note that the back pockets does not have the strip of lining and the polyester lining that is inside the pant (to minimise itching) both not pictured in their website. The poly lining extends from the waist all the way down to 85% down the length of the inside pant, where it stops. I think that's a nice touch and they really gave it much thought and allows for some stacking to take place. There is a nice weight for the overall piece as well as YKK hardware. Versatility wise this is definitely one saved for colder weather.

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

June 07, 2014 @ 12:23:56
Could it be these? I thought they looked unfamiliar.

June 07, 2014 @ 16:54:25
Originally posted by Inactive User
Every time I go shopping I always drop by the ILU store. The store manager told me about the new trackies whilst trying on the current ones. I think he said it was going to be released this week, and to come by again. This guy tells customers everything. This is just so perfect for me cause I couldn't choose between the tech fleece or ILU trackies  and EDIT: This coming Saturday means the 14th. It's already Saturday today here in NZ
Thanks for the heads up..always good to have a local NZer to scoop up this kind of info! blushing

Could it be these? I thought they looked unfamiliar.

I'm afraid they looked or is the Military. Noticed the keyhole there. Then again, i may stand corrected. 

June 07, 2014 @ 17:12:48
Yeah, you're right, they appear to be the military pants. At first I thought they looked different, but when I compared them side-by-side it was pretty obvious.
June 07, 2014 @ 19:03:27
Just picked up some James pants and the white pocket tee for $100. I won't be too worried about those Bobby pants anymore. ;)

LINK HERE
Hey M, sorry for the delay. Been raining the past couple of days, weather all grey and dreary. Sized Medium in the tweed.

Bobby pant is DRY CLEAN only. Normal washing will shrink it, but not as much as 100% wool.

Take note that the back pockets does not have the strip of lining and the polyester lining that is inside the pant (to minimise itching) both not pictured in their website. The poly lining extends from the waist all the way down to 85% down the length of the inside pant, where it stops. I think that's a nice touch and they really gave it much thought and allows for some stacking to take place. There is a nice weight for the overall piece as well as YKK hardware. Versatility wise this is definitely one saved for colder weather.

Thanks nylon for the pics, which pair of pants would you compare these to on the crotch rise? They look really nice though.

June 07, 2014 @ 19:09:48

LINK HERE

Thanks nylon for the pics, which pair of pants would you compare these to on the crotch rise? Not trying to get anything a long the lines of the Zespys as I've had some bad experiences and frankly it's not that versatile in my wardrobe. They look really nice though. Thanks again

June 07, 2014 @ 19:16:17
Zanerobes are pretty tight. Go for the small without a doubt.  (NOTE:ILU ZESPY material is thicker and not as stretchy in comparison)

Thanks I just didn't want them to fit skin tight, I ordered a medium tho smh
June 07, 2014 @ 19:16:17

Thanks I just didn't want them to fit skin tight, I ordered a medium tho smh
June 08, 2014 @ 06:31:28
^ M- My observation is the inseam for the Bobby isn't short. It's longer than the zespy, so the rise is Mid Rise. For comparison, I would say the Smart pant is Low Rise. If you are comfortable in the Jonty, you will not have problem with this cut. I would say this is the A/W version of the Publish brand Legacy jogger. Key differences being the material (wool blend), slimmer (not as bulky) and details (ILU > Publish). Agree it's not very versatile but it's a good alternative if you want to change to something other than denim for the colder (Jan in your area.

Sizes are mostly all gone overnight it seems BUT at least you can visit the new store next month since they mentioned it's gonna be released consecutively you lucky mfer..! 

Thanks I just didn't want them to fit skin tight, I ordered a medium tho
The zespy M is suited for waist 32. But it's draw string...so i don't think it would be a problem even if you are not. Expect some bagginess in the crotch area, but this pant will shrink after 3 soaks.

June 08, 2014 @ 22:55:43
The zespy M is suited for waist 32. But it's draw string...so i don't think it would be a problem even if you are not. Expect some bagginess in the crotch area, but this pant will shrink after 3 soaks.
Ok, I'm going to try and cancel my order and get a small. Thanks for the help guys.
June 10, 2014 @ 02:42:19
Ok, I'm going to try and cancel my order and get a small. Thanks for the help guys.
Good Luck with the sizing.

Oh and I know at least 1 person who might trigger this in a few hours! smokeyface

Please login first to reply.
x