[I Love Ugly] – 2014 Official Discussion Thread

Jun 07, 2014 @ 19:16
Zanerobes are pretty tight. Go for the small without a doubt.  (NOTE:ILU ZESPY material is thicker and not as stretchy in comparison)

Thanks I just didn't want them to fit skin tight, I ordered a medium tho smh
Jun 07, 2014 @ 19:16
Zanerobes are pretty tight. Go for the small without a doubt.  (NOTE:ILU ZESPY material is thicker and not as stretchy in comparison)

Thanks I just didn't want them to fit skin tight, I ordered a medium tho smh
Jun 08, 2014 @ 06:31
^ M- My observation is the inseam for the Bobby isn't short. It's longer than the zespy, so the rise is Mid Rise. For comparison, I would say the Smart pant is Low Rise. If you are comfortable in the Jonty, you will not have problem with this cut. I would say this is the A/W version of the Publish brand Legacy jogger. Key differences being the material (wool blend), slimmer (not as bulky) and details (ILU > Publish). Agree it's not very versatile but it's a good alternative if you want to change to something other than denim for the colder (Jan in your area.

Sizes are mostly all gone overnight it seems BUT at least you can visit the new store next month since they mentioned it's gonna be released consecutively you lucky mfer..! 

Thanks I just didn't want them to fit skin tight, I ordered a medium tho
The zespy M is suited for waist 32. But it's draw string...so i don't think it would be a problem even if you are not. Expect some bagginess in the crotch area, but this pant will shrink after 3 soaks.

"I wish you well in your journey into The Sprawl. there's no turning back at that point."

Jun 08, 2014 @ 22:55
The zespy M is suited for waist 32. But it's draw string...so i don't think it would be a problem even if you are not. Expect some bagginess in the crotch area, but this pant will shrink after 3 soaks.
Ok, I'm going to try and cancel my order and get a small. Thanks for the help guys.
Jun 10, 2014 @ 02:42
Ok, I'm going to try and cancel my order and get a small. Thanks for the help guys.
Good Luck with the sizing.

Oh and I know at least 1 person who might trigger this in a few hours! smokeyface

"I wish you well in your journey into The Sprawl. there's no turning back at that point."

Jun 10, 2014 @ 03:14

Oh and I know at least 1 person who might trigger this in a few hours!

DAYUM. that cardigan is too fire !!
Jun 10, 2014 @ 13:31

I'm guessing these are the new Crosbys - perhaps set to release together with the Edmond boots, that were said to be released this month.

Since we're talking about Crosbys, I just want to throw in a review of the last seasons Crosbys. I got the army green ones (pictured here). There are, more or less, no insole. It feels like they've replaced the ordinary rubber sole with a flat-shaped rock. It's really uncomfortable, you're forced to buy an extra insole if you want to wear them often. If not, I can guarantee you it'll fuck up your back over time (not to mention your feet will hurt).
Apart from that, they're pretty good. Looks good, quality seems good, etc. I wore them over winter and the color didn't bleach at all, despite being drenched in snow every now and then.

Hopefully they've improved the sole on the newer ones.
Jun 10, 2014 @ 17:15
Does anyone know how long it takes to get your credit after returning an item?
Jun 10, 2014 @ 19:30
Is it still possible to find the tan chino Zespy shorts in stock anywhere or are they long gone? Need those for summer.

IG: @JStrathern

Jun 11, 2014 @ 04:17
"In celebration of the world cup, we have designed a collection of hats and garments that are fully inspired by football attire. The flags and colour ways of participating countries and the heroes and villains of football. We will be releasing ‹Part 1 of the collection tomorrow night at 8:00pm NZT and Part 2 of the collection will be released next Thursday (June 19th). 

All pieces are extremely limited and are sure to become a collectors item in years to come. Heres some behind the scenes photos of the campaign we recently shot. 
Enjoy, and see you tomorrow night."

Interesting. I'll be waiting.

muhstakes.tumblr.com | IG: muhstvkes

Jun 11, 2014 @ 07:01
Not sure what to think of them side tracking with a World Cup capsule TBH. 

I'm guessing these are the new Crosbys - perhaps set to release together with the Edmond boots, that were said to be released this month.

Since we're talking about Crosbys, I just want to throw in a review of the last seasons Crosbys. I got the army green ones (pictured here). There are, more or less, no insole. It feels like they've replaced the ordinary rubber sole with a flat-shaped rock. It's really uncomfortable, you're forced to buy an extra insole if you want to wear them often. If not, I can guarantee you it'll fuck up your back over time (not to mention your feet will hurt).
Apart from that, they're pretty good. Looks good, quality seems good, etc. I wore them over winter and the color didn't bleach at all, despite being drenched in snow every now and then.

Hopefully they've improved the sole on the newer ones.
If they are going to release another set of shoes, they better find a way to run down the leftovers from last year haha. I got the black pair (sizes S-O) and shoes take up sizable inventory space. The insole is negligible..almost non-existent. But it's full leather inside. Shoe has a weight to it thanks in no part to the rubber outsole. The chukkas they left teasers with could do well, but pricing will be the final deciding factor in light of what other Heritage brands out there already have in the market. (Redwings,Timbs,Viberg..etc)

It's not everything ILU but sine no one has shared these I'll thought why not? For those into lookbooks & shit, via knowwear.com

Jun 11, 2014 @ 16:04
I'm late on this but this is a fit pic of the light blue denim in medium.

Whoever asked before, they're tighter than the military pant and a lot shorter. The military pant is actually big on my, as the waist is over my belly button (looks fine with a shirt and belt). Idk what to compare the jeans to, but they're perfect IMO if you like it slim but not too tight.
Good fit on you. Height/weight if you don't mind me asking? And what size you typically get in jeans?
Jun 11, 2014 @ 17:06
Both these jackets are real nice, but sold out! Big up Nylon though, never seen that site before.

Im quite interested in seeing the World Cup stuff, some of it looks interesting, particularly the trousers and caps, actually, it all does.
Jun 11, 2014 @ 17:16
anybody got a pair of the grey bobby pants in a L for sale ?
Jun 11, 2014 @ 17:27
Both these jackets are real nice, but sold out! Big up Nylon though, never seen that site before.

Im quite interested in seeing the World Cup stuff, some of it looks interesting, particularly the trousers and caps, actually, it all does.
Hehe, No problem man! Just looking through http://streetetiquette.com/ and found out by chance. We all know how ILU always passes free shit to these guys...it's interesting how they co-ordinate pieces from different brands together, bringing everything from nothing. smokeyface

anybody got a pair of the grey bobby pants in a L for sale ?
In case you still haven't got your size, i read they will be re-released as a 'launch item' when the LA store opens in July. Another incentive for you...

Jun 11, 2014 @ 17:30
Anyone got fit pics of that grey duffle jacket yet?
Jun 11, 2014 @ 18:35
Anyone got fit pics of that grey duffle jacket yet?
I know I've said this before, but I'll take some tomorrow - I promise! 
Took some last week but they turned out to be horrible. Bad angle, bad lighting, etc. I'll have someone else take the photo for me tomorrow.
Jun 11, 2014 @ 23:03

Feeling some sick colourways coming up with these new caps

www.facebook.com/prevailhatcompany, www.prevailhatcompany.co.nz, www.instagram.com/prevail_nz

Jun 11, 2014 @ 23:34
Any body think they are going to release soccer jerseys?

When you call one wolf you invite the pack

Jun 12, 2014 @ 07:03
If anything looks good tonight I'll go to the store first thing in the morning while everyone's at school smokeyface 

Lorde fan by default

Jun 12, 2014 @ 08:07
http://www.iloveugly.eu/football-collection.html

New hats are up, cool concept but nothing I would really wear.
Except for the French cap smokeyface

Looking forward to the rest of the collection!
Jun 12, 2014 @ 08:51
Such a nice collection, I've got $225 store credit, do you guys reckon I should hold out a bit longer?
Jun 12, 2014 @ 09:20
Copped the Croatia cap!
My family's heritage is from there plus it looks great. Nice to see them trying something different with the World Cup going on. Sure to get them noticed more worldwide.
Jun 12, 2014 @ 12:12
Such a nice collection, I've got $225 store credit, do you guys reckon I should hold out a bit longer?
Wait until next week I reckon!

Lorde fan by default

Jun 13, 2014 @ 05:42
I spot a few things.

muhstakes.tumblr.com | IG: muhstvkes

Jun 13, 2014 @ 06:10
For those who missed out on sizes for the Bobby, re-stock tomorrow.

Jun 13, 2014 @ 14:44
Best I can do, I'm not really good with cameras, haha

6'1, 165 lb, size medium.
Jun 13, 2014 @ 15:17
Looks good Bruflot. Football collection is looking good, I see some bucket/bell hats, interested in the trousers as they look like they are a nylon type, and what looks like coach jackets.

Did anyone notice the 'France' cap? Flag colours were backwards and has now been changed to 'Netherlands' cap hahah, probably my favourite of the bunch though.
Jun 13, 2014 @ 15:50
I spot a few things.
I'd be down for the blazers, they are impossible to get in Canada...
Jun 13, 2014 @ 23:31
They surprised us again, just released two bombers, a sweater and another colourway of Zespy Trackpants
Please login first to reply.