June 28, 2013 @ 11:57 PM
L33

Very interesting textile. The sewing looks extremely sloppy though.
thank you for your honesty, I'll continue to get better, yea its a holographic leather material, it was super expensive but it looks better in person. One guy saw it and wanted to buy it right then and there but we told him it was $600 and he was still bout to buy it. He was mad.

T R I - leetriworldsales@gmail.com | http://triworld.us/

June 29, 2013 @ 12:02 AM
Trials & Triumph

Personally, the designs are pretty good. I act. went to your online shop to purchase until I saw the prices.
Look around at other upcoming brands/independent brands like Sequence, Ronin, Stray Rats, Dertbag, DPI, etc. They made it big starting here on HB. Gotta gain a fan base first before you charge ridiculous prices.
Yea all of those brands are on our top 10. They're great man we look up to them. I'm not gonna say which brand is my favorite tho since they lurk just everyone else does in Streetwear but stray and death is my shit im not gone lie

http://www.trialsandtriumph.com | Several different stories|

June 29, 2013 @ 06:48 PM
Trials & Triumph

I understand that you want to take your brand in a totally different direction, but those prices won't fucking cut anything and won't get you anywhere. The textile shirt is interesting, but the sewing is extremely sloppy. If you are even WILLING to spend more than $60 on a shirt it has to be perfect, and selling that shit for $600 with a sew job that shitty is disgusting. I don't mean to hate on your brand in anyway, but anyone can agree with me that you are literally retarded to believe anything on your site or anything you've posted is worth more than $50.
we're getting wayy more interviews now than we ever did so we must be doing something right..

June 29, 2013 @ 10:14 PM
Trials & Triumph

Aight I'm well aware that noone in this thread is going to purchase anything from our store while the prices are at what they are at right now. However, if you guys could critique our videos and photos that would really be cool. I have no clue if any of you guys are going to do that but we would appreciate it because we like to have a visual aspect to every item we're putting on the website. Idk just to give you feel for the item instead of just product photos. But yea here's some new visuals for our new balaclava releasing tonight. You dont have to buy it just critique our stuff from here on out aight?

June 30, 2013 @ 08:51 PM
Trials & Triumph

Even though we may be marketing to the wrong people right now we would still like to still present our photos and stuff so we can continue to get better with them. We're really having fun taking photos and videos we just wanna get better. At least by showing you guys our stuff we can improve, whether its our stitching on our cut & sew stuff, or our designs on our shirts.

http://vimeo.com/69406265 ----visuals from last night

June 30, 2013 @ 09:00 PM
Trials & Triumph

I understand that you want to take your brand in a totally different direction, but those prices won't fucking cut anything and won't get you anywhere. The textile shirt is interesting, but the sewing is extremely sloppy. If you are even WILLING to spend more than $60 on a shirt it has to be perfect, and selling that shit for $600 with a sew job that shitty is disgusting. I don't mean to hate on your brand in anyway, but anyone can agree with me that you are literally retarded to believe anything on your site or anything you've posted is worth more than $50.
we're getting wayy more interviews now than we ever did so we must be doing something right..
I'm more irritated by the fact that you think you can fuck people over by selling them a shitty fucking design on a shitty made shirt for hundreds of dollars, let alone a fucking SPANDEX BALACLAVA that I can go to my local dollar store and pick up for $1 that you are trying to sell for $102. I think your company is bullshit, and is a retarded excuse for "fashion" and the way you are running it is only proving my point further.
Ok well I have no clue where you live at because I'm pretty sure no Dollar Store in America is going to sell you a balaclava for $1 because people would try to use that same balaclava to try to rob that shit. I guess my second point is the price is the way it is because of the work we put in to it, the price of the fabric is kinda expensive and super sturdy, the fact that its handsewn by us not a manufacturer. As a matter of fact everything we do is hands on. Most people dont get their hands dirty themselves and design shit with a sharpie and a ruler anymore. Its a lost art , most brands they may have a handdrawn design but best believe they didnt get their hands dirty themselves and work for hours on something, no they pay people to do it. you can hate the way I run the company but I take your advice seriously, and I take it into consideration. But that doesnt mean I have to put it into play. I'm not retarded nor is my brand, I just have faith that we will take what we have to the high fashion side of things and maybe they'll appreciate us doing it all ourselves in terms of designing and cut&sew more than most hypebeasts that go crazy over a tshirt over 50 bucks.

June 30, 2013 @ 09:56 PM
sadboy

I'm more irritated by the fact that you think you can fuck people over by selling them a shitty fucking design on a shitty made shirt for hundreds of dollars, let alone a fucking SPANDEX BALACLAVA that I can go to my local dollar store and pick up for $1 that you are trying to sell for $102. I think your company is bullshit, and is a retarded excuse for "fashion" and the way you are running it is only proving my point further.
Ok well I have no clue where you live at because I'm pretty sure no Dollar Store in America is going to sell you a balaclava for $1 because people would try to use that same balaclava to try to rob that shit. I guess my second point is the price is the way it is because of the work we put in to it, the price of the fabric is kinda expensive and super sturdy, the fact that its handsewn by us not a manufacturer. As a matter of fact everything we do is hands on. Most people dont get their hands dirty themselves and design shit with a sharpie and a ruler anymore. Its a lost art , most brands they may have a handdrawn design but best believe they didnt get their hands dirty themselves and work for hours on something, no they pay people to do it. you can hate the way I run the company but I take your advice seriously, and I take it into consideration. But that doesnt mean I have to put it into play. I'm not retarded nor is my brand, I just have faith that we will take what we have to the high fashion side of things and maybe they'll appreciate us doing it all ourselves in terms of designing and cut&sew more than most hypebeasts that go crazy over a tshirt over 50 bucks.
http://www.amazon.com/Cotton-Spandex-Balaclava-Skiing-Biking/dp/B00ALZFNC4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372627809&sr=8-1&keywords=balaclava+spandex

I find it hard to believe that your LS's are cut&sew. They look really really well done compared to the last two t-shirts that were posted in this thread. They also have that basic style of any wholesale product.

I think you're over valuing your input. Most designs start on paper. Also, most of your designs wouldn't of needed a sketched out version. Making 8 squares and adding a stroke takes 5 minutes to do. Companies hire designers because they work with more complex ideas than you are at the moment.

In my opinion there needs to be a immense increase in quality for those prices to be justified. The last two shirts look like they were sewn by someone who hasn't done much sewing before.

Judging by the prices and by your general visuals it just seems like you're trying to make it out of the ghetto. In general the whole concept doesn't show much effort put into it.
July 2, 2013 @ 02:10 AM
hkeys

Like what happened to your first release? I feel like that was the most cohesive well put together thing you made, even the Fiona shirt went with that theme. I know you had the new brand thread going crazy about that price, but shit these new prices are crazy. Like, maybe you figure if someone buys one of your $600 shirts you're good to go and just made back your money plus profit. But, in all honesty aside from maybe a few people purchasing these items you have to create the following, hype, support, whatever it may be to even reach those prices. Doing cut and sew and all that doesn't necessarily make your products better. People want a well fitting/quality shirt, which there are tons of Alstyle models and makes that cover that. Also, your site/shop looks very amateurish and doesn't make your brand worth the price you're selling your goods. There are a ton of themes and layouts you could use to at least make your overall appearance nice and presentable. Product shots over awkwardly shot/mismatch pictures go along way and have a better presentation. 

http://thedividedminds.com/

July 2, 2013 @ 04:51 AM
acidline

Y'all wanna be like Ian Connor wayyyy too much man
July 2, 2013 @ 06:05 AM
Trials & Triumph

sorry guys we've been kinda busy but I have no clue how imma address each one of these comments I guess I put this all on myself so I'll just address  each comment one by one.

July 2, 2013 @ 06:09 AM
Trials & Triumph

Y'all wanna be like Ian Connor wayyyy too much man
yep I wanna be like Ian Connor. Yep I have a gold grill. Yep I'm from NYC or where ever hes from. I'm actually from North Carolina actually. Yep, I have vans sk8 hi's in black and I got powder on them from the work video. I dont have any vans I own a black pair of loafers I brought from a vendor here in LA. Yep, I will agree my hairstyle is similar to him you got me there, but I had this before the Work video and before I even knew who Ian was. Ian is cool as hell. So you got me bro. You're like 1 for 5. You gotta work on you're shooting percentage. I'm just kidding tho @acidline. But like I said Ian's cool.

July 2, 2013 @ 06:14 AM
Trials & Triumph

3. stop trying to be a snob bitch on this thread, people like your designs, but hate your prices and attitude.

I don't really think anyone admires the designs.
Well I just think you just hate me honestly. But I dont wanna believe that, but I kinda in the back of my mind believe that you hate me. which sucks but its ok, I kinda wanna learn how to take criticism before we get to the next level. So by all means get really harsh with you're criticism.

July 2, 2013 @ 06:23 AM
Trials & Triumph

Where is your "art", You literally designed a shirt with a box and made that box incorporate 4 different colors. Your most recent "post" shows a shirt that has square colors around it, and that neck opening is fatter than an elephants loose vag. You keep telling us that you're trying to BRING BACK fashion and actual ART within Fashion but you are only producing childish designs that literally take no skill or mentality to even fathom of, and you are listing them for stupidly retarded prices.
Well like I said its a loose vag neck shirt you're right but its just a sample. Pretty much more magazines have been hitting us up now rather when we first had our she saw everything shirts up a month ago when NOBODY fucked with them. But we managed to still sell out. We had the price at $15. $20. and $24. We had faith and they sold out. It was a great shirt man. It was simple and clean. Did you buy it no. So why drop the price now if we're receiving more offers from magazines to interview us now than when we had it low at almost $25 a shirt. Idk its pretty simple I just have to keep faith and follow this same path that I'm on to escape this barrel of brands that are fine with selling their stuff at the bare minimums for all of their life. That is a one track mindset.  Our stuff might look like s___ now but we're getting better and speeding up our learning curve. If people from behind the scenes from magazines, blah blah blah are appreciating even the samples (not even the finished product) then why turn the car around, why get scared and now take the shot. If you miss so be it. You took the shot, And thats one aspect of what the brand is about. Going through the trials until you reach triumph. You cant reach triumph with out taking a risk and it seems like we're on our way. I can only listen to you're criticism, I cant really put into play everything you suggest @octose. But I appreciate your criticism

July 2, 2013 @ 06:32 AM
Trials & Triumph

I'm just imagining how raped this brand would get if they were on that show Shark Tank.
Isnt the guy from Fubu on that show, I think somebody told me that. FUBU, ENYCE, ICEBERG, KARL KANI, JOHNNY BLAZE, ETC. All these brands influenced me man. My dad and his friends used to have racks and racks of The Source magazines and I used to absorb all of those grimy, dirty ads that these brands put out. It was funky, it was real, it was stinky, I thought a roach was gonna crawl out of Funkmaster Flex LUGS one time. Right of the damn magazine. I'm lame bruh, dont....dont pay me any mind. But you're right I'm pretty sure we would get kicked off that show immediately. We're too wild and unorthodox for those uppidies

July 2, 2013 @ 06:41 AM
Trials & Triumph

Like what happened to your first release? I feel like that was the most cohesive well put together thing you made, even the Fiona shirt went with that theme. I know you had the new brand thread going crazy about that price, but shit these new prices are crazy. Like, maybe you figure if someone buys one of your $600 shirts you're good to go and just made back your money plus profit. But, in all honesty aside from maybe a few people purchasing these items you have to create the following, hype, support, whatever it may be to even reach those prices. Doing cut and sew and all that doesn't necessarily make your products better. People want a well fitting/quality shirt, which there are tons of Alstyle models and makes that cover that. Also, your site/shop looks very amateurish and doesn't make your brand worth the price you're selling your goods. There are a ton of themes and layouts you could use to at least make your overall appearance nice and presentable. Product shots over awkwardly shot/mismatch pictures go along way and have a better presentation. 
you're rightabout the product shots they are kinda weird, thanks for that. See thats the criticism I needed. Tell me the truth tell me the little details we need to work on besides the obvious thing which is the price. Ok but thank you seriously, we're moving to NYC in a month and some change and we've talked to a guy out there thats going to develop our brand even more and work on our website so we can look more professional. As far as the layout we have now, Yea thats literally to just show the product that we have now as of yet, Just to showcase our stuff. We are literally leaving once we fill up the last square and then we go to phase 2. So thats why I continue to post stuff hear and let you guys bash me over and over because I want to learn how to deal with critisism because like I said I eventually want to bring streetwear to high fashion and I know it can be done. We have books and books of designs (graphics) drawn by us and we've been waiting for this all our lives pretty much so the price it has to stay there because more people are taking us seriously. But I definately agree about the website and the product shots definitely thanks bro @hkeys.

July 2, 2013 @ 06:54 AM
Trials & Triumph

oh and this is the most i've ever read on a fucking hypebeast thread..... my eyes fucking hurt.....

P.S. this isn't fucking pyrex vision or hood by air, you don't have backing. I bet you aren't even selling shit.....
Hell no I have sold anything LOL. Na but seriously, I really didnt expect to sell not one shirt. Not ONE, because I knew it was gonna be a shock treatment to alot of our fans and alot of new people that we talk to about the brand.  If we were to drop the price today, I think you and I know (Not trynna sound conceited or cocky, or arrogant) that it would sell a little faster than it is now. But thats the thing, we're not looking for sells we're looking for change. And we got it. We haven't started making noise until we made this change. Lets just keep it real you used to scroll by our shit until this happened. Lets just keep it real until this change you would literally click the brand right above us. Same thing goes for the extra emails we receive from people who wanna interview us. We are not trynnna brag when we say we are going to be on a mixtape cover next month. No lie bro, this all happened in two weeks since we broke the $200 barrier.. I would not lie to you my dude @Pic n Chews. So if we just keep pushing and we start telling the right people we will be able to dirty up the runway, who knows. Its all in faith man, you gotta be confident and hold out for your blessing.

July 2, 2013 @ 07:03 AM
Trials & Triumph

wayyyy to expensive....
also, no hate, you asked for truth, the visuals aren't on point. They are blurry as fuck, and look amateur. The only time amateur looks look good is in porn, an i don't see any porn here. Drop your prices, give yourself at least a 50% profit on what you sell, and i've made shirts before, shit costs like 6 bucks a shirt even for heat press if you buy blanks and paper in bulk. And screenprinting as well a sewing may take time but rank your time at a better price seeing as how right now your profitting a huge amount....

well idk if you are profiting i don't see anyone copping at the moment.

so basically,

1. learn to focus a camera
2. lower price and pull out a damn calculator for once and actually calculate a fair price
3. stop trying to be a snob bitch on this thread, people like your designs, but hate your prices and attitude.
4. put effort in to what you put your heart into, or no one is gonna put their heart in.
damn you didnt have to say bitch bruh, this is great criticism why do you guys always curse at people on here damn it never fails. Its like ok ok I'm reading it and then BOOM someone fucking curses me out. Well thank you for the criticism imma take it into consideration definitely when it comes to the videography. The videos we take we kinda wanted them to look raw, just like you picked up a random camera and the person already had the product on and you're following them on their journey, not to sound corny, but thats basically the whole jist of why its shaky and amateur looking. We want it to look Paranormal Activity esque. Basically realistic. I feel like if its too professional, I'm like all just get it over with but I can actually watch the videos that we do and follow it like I'm holding the camera. Kinda like Blair Witch Project but alot of people hate that movie too but I liked the whole POV thing they did. We kinda are shooting for that but we need to get better too tho. Thanks man.

July 2, 2013 @ 07:30 AM
Trials & Triumph

http://www.amazon.com/Cotton-Spandex-Balaclava-Skiing-Biking/dp/B00ALZFNC4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372627809&sr=8-1&keywords=balaclava+spandex

I find it hard to believe that your LS's are cut&sew. They look really really well done compared to the last two t-shirts that were posted in this thread. They also have that basic style of any wholesale product.

I think you're over valuing your input. Most designs start on paper. Also, most of your designs wouldn't of needed a sketched out version. Making 8 squares and adding a stroke takes 5 minutes to do. Companies hire designers because they work with more complex ideas than you are at the moment.

In my opinion there needs to be a immense increase in quality for those prices to be justified. The last two shirts look like they were sewn by someone who hasn't done much sewing before.

Judging by the prices and by your general visuals it just seems like you're trying to make it out of the ghetto. In general the whole concept doesn't show much effort put into it.
No our LS's arent cut & sew. Yea you're right alot of designs are sketched out by companies but they're are more that dont even touch the design they just get t through email and give it to their print guy. That rectangle thing we actually drew I wouldnt lie to you. We colored in each one of those blocks with color sharpies. And that took hours to make it thick like that and that straight. The guy that prints our stuff has a graphic designer and he didnt have to edit a thing. This is not to sound cocky in any way, its so hard to stay humble and not gain a ego from the designs we were cooking up while we were in college. This is all done with a couple of sharpies and a ruler. So its basically like you're paying for art on a garment and in some cases the garment is the art. I know alot of people are used topaying a certain price for a type of garment. Like $40 for a shirt from Dertbag or Stray or DPI but we're trying to take it to high fashion so we cant be satisifed with this. Because they dont have any limits on that side. Therefore we can come out with even better stuff and it would be appreciated and respected. Over here on this side its like no matter how cool the stuff is that you come with, if its overpriced they just say oh na hell no the shirt is ugly just because of the price. Na you know you like the design its just that the price is high keep it real, Like I said I may sound cocky but I'm working on staying very humble cuz you guys never paid attention to us until we had confidence in our products. Bottom line is Streetwear teaches brands to never open their limits and try to innovate thing, put prices too high, or do something to out of the ordinary. We're trynna break that mold guys, and so we continue to post things here to get honest opinions on how we can get better, besides the obvious discussion here which is the price.

July 3, 2013 @ 04:37 AM
BuddyOmar

NEWS------------We just started sponsoring Isaac Vigneaux. He's a 13 year old skater out of North Carolina and he's a ball of untapped talent. He skates for us now so we should have a video part for you coming soon....Its rare to see so much drive and focus and faith in a kid so young but he's one of us now and he has a lot to offer to the skating world. Look out for Isaac he's looking to take over.

(Below is isaac wearing our black/pink Vegas Emotion tee)------expect to see him in more Trials & Triumph gear as we move forward.

Anyway we could, uh,..... you know... s-s-see Isaac with his shirt off? I think it would be a hot look for the brand.

Gay pedophillic trolling aside  at $600 faux leather tees

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBuddyOmar?feature=mhee |||||||||||||| Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/buddy_omar

July 5, 2013 @ 05:41 PM
Trials & Triumph

Here's some pics from last night's 4th of July. We hope you had a great time, we just moved to LA and we never thought it would be this lenient with the Fireworks, but nonetheless they were and everybody had a great time.

July 6, 2013 @ 02:12 AM
Trials & Triumph

http://vimeo.com/69776414

July 9, 2013 @ 07:00 PM
Trials & Triumph

Kevin Nardi----2nd member on the skate team---14 years old---https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKRHu0I6lzQ

July 9, 2013 @ 08:39 PM
ThaGoldenBoy

Don't mean to sound cheap but wtf are with these prices? Am I missing something? What are your clothes made of lol?
August 4, 2013 @ 04:30 PM
Trials & Triumph

wassup man we been gone for awhile but for good reason, we learned our lesson for overpricing those tees. But subconsciously the reason why we put the price so high for those tees was cause we wanna compete against prada and gucci and all those brands. But at the same time we like having a skate team and taking raw photos in alley ways. So our team agreed that we do both. And just create a new brand that will handle our high end stuff. So with that said yea I apologize for having those long ass rants with you guys. I was blinded by wanting to be on the runway and shit. I mean we'll get there but not the way we were trying to do it. Yea thanks for trynna steer us the right way even though we were'nt trying to listen but we're gonna re-release the collection from before with some new items here and there and it'll be priced focusing on Trials & Triumph's fans that brought our She Saw Everything tees and stuff before this collection dropped. So long story short it'll be reasonably priced and the other brand we're working on will cater to another demographic. That way everybody wins and there isnt so much put on T&T's back. We should open the store back up early next week. Til then imma drop some previews of some stuff shortly I have no clue when tho. Thanks for trynna help us out and shit even though we were acting all high and mighty. But as corny as it sounds thats the trials you've gotta go through and everybody's gotta go through them to get to where you wanna be you know. Yea I know its corny but its real

August 5, 2013 @ 02:34 PM
Trials & Triumph

NEWS------------We just started sponsoring Isaac Vigneaux. He's a 13 year old skater out of North Carolina and he's a ball of untapped talent. He skates for us now so we should have a video part for you coming soon....Its rare to see so much drive and focus and faith in a kid so young but he's one of us now and he has a lot to offer to the skating world. Look out for Isaac he's looking to take over.

(Below is isaac wearing our black/pink Vegas Emotion tee)------expect to see him in more Trials & Triumph gear as we move forward.

Anyway we could, uh,..... you know... s-s-see Isaac with his shirt off? I think it would be a hot look for the brand.

Gay pedophillic trolling aside  at $600 faux leather tees
you were just kidding right?

August 5, 2013 @ 02:38 PM
Trials & Triumph

Don't mean to sound cheap but wtf are with these prices? Am I missing something? What are your clothes made of lol?
yea we're working a new brand while we're doing this one too. Its a lot of work but we didnt wanna over price this stuff anymore. I mean why, its skateboarders, its for streetwear heads and they arent dropping that much for tees you know. We realized this and we're creating a new brand now to handle all of our high end stuff. But this stuff will be reasonably priced you know. its all coming out friday

August 5, 2013 @ 03:03 PM
Trials & Triumph

this shirt will be included with the drop this friday --

The arms say true pleasure never comes before pain

August 7, 2013 @ 12:52 AM
Trials & Triumph

Friday this pullover hoodie will be included in the collection too. Fits great and zippers are on the sides, it'll be reasonably priced and umm the measurements will be in the product description too so you know how it would fit...thats pretty much it

August 7, 2013 @ 01:27 AM
OneForeigner

Friday this pullover hoodie will be included in the collection too. Fits great and zippers are on the sides, it'll be reasonably priced and umm the measurements will be in the product description too so you know how it would fit...thats pretty much it

how much? and what type of material?
August 7, 2013 @ 05:46 AM
octose

fit on that in the 2nd picture looks beyond whack my dudes. Nonetheless, good way to go in the scheme of things direction wise, good looks.

'In heaven, all the interesting people are missing.' - Friedrich Nietzsche // I promote music: Youtube.com/thephuzz

Please login first to reply.