SALE - Up to 70% Off - Shop Now
February 25, 2013 @ 10:58 PM
FENDStreetwearCom

Hey all,
Wanted to introduce my newly launched streetwear clothing line called FEND (FENDStreetwear.com). Nope; it's not a rip off Fendi; it's named after my last name (James Fend). I've worked uberly hard on FEND and the website these past months and finally ready for the world... For now; I only have 13 snapback hats but am finalizing designs for a solid Spring line of tank tops and t-shirts to be released in a few weeks.

My vision: To make real high-quality shit. I pay attention to the smallest of detail from the hat quality to embroidery to the price hangtags to the packaging to the website. I want everything about FEND to reek a legit no corners taken brand. When someone wears my shit; I want them to feel good and proud of the thought and work put behind that design and clothing. I also want to have a good mix of designs for streetwear; both aggressive and off the wall designs that may be a little too much for someone's taste and then also very subtle low-key clothing people can get down with too. (example: leopard prints and camo versus subtle things like all black designs)

My logo: A red outburst star with my last name FEND in white. I also have a second logo; it's a red heart with two white bandages that cross across the middle to make an X. This heart logo symbolizes some personal pain with family I've had to deal with over the years, but I thought generally everybody can relate to it and it's emotional appeal. (it originally had KAWS style X's to it but I changed it with some great feedback I've gotten from you all). You will see a lot of red and black colors in my clothing as those are my absolute favorite colors.

Here's some previews of my current hats:

All black logo X black alligator

Floral patterns

Zebra prints

Would love to hear your feedback, your thoughts, etc.

I'll answer any questions and also update this thread with any new gear and moves I make with FEND.

I just want to be successful. Streetwear by FEND.

February 25, 2013 @ 11:00 PM
FENDStreetwearCom

Details, details, details...

I designed these hang tags from scratch. They are custom cut out as the outburst star logo but I added a thank you note and signature on the back where the UPC label goes (note: that's my old heart logo; new ones are updated). They are also all punched with a heart-shaped hole. They hang from leather loops pinned down by a black safety pin.

This is a super close up of the embroidery work. I worked really closely with a shop that's been in the game for 20+ years to do these. You won't see any other company do a super close up on the embroidery work because quite frankly; embroidery is never perfect so companies try to hide it. This is about as top-notch as you can get with digitizing and embroidery. It's expensive as fuck too. Close to 21K stitches between the two logos alone.

February 25, 2013 @ 11:04 PM
syrupgod

people still wear snapbacks with prints on the brim?

YUNG PREME LXRD

February 26, 2013 @ 05:41 AM
FENDStreetwearCom

@syrupgod - yeup... early adopters might not but early/late majority are.

February 26, 2013 @ 06:48 PM
FENDStreetwearCom

Got a few people asking how I made my site..

I'm a web designer for a living so I made it all myself. It's using Magento e-commerce shopping cart software (its open source which means it's free). It's the big boy one that companies like Nike, REI, etc. use for their stores. I am using a free theme called HelloWired but I custom tweaked the html/css up quite a bit. I am using Wordpress for the blog.

Feel free to shoot me any questions regarding getting a store/site up... I know starting out it's confusing as fuck, but I don't mind one bit helping/giving advice out.

February 27, 2013 @ 07:59 PM
FENDStreetwearCom

@shane002 - I am utterly confused...

February 27, 2013 @ 08:48 PM
sunshiii

You're starting out backwards. Can't expect people to want to rock a logo of a brand nobody has heard of. Gotta build some dope designs, get a following, then do a logo hat or whatever.

Logo is too basic and not memorable. Just my .02

Detail is everything.

February 27, 2013 @ 09:29 PM
WYWRD

You're starting out backwards. Can't expect people to want to rock a logo of a brand nobody has heard of. Gotta build some dope designs, get a following, then do a logo hat or whatever.

Logo is too basic and not memorable. Just my .02

Yea I agree with Sunshiii. Don't get me wrong, the hats looks good and it seems like you're taking this very seriously. but you may want to re-work you're logo hats because to the average street wear consumer (if that's your target market) will most likely look at this as a wannabe obey hat. Release the clothing line alongside some non-box style hats. You can still show case the FEND logo on the back or side of the hat, even have a tag on the plastic strap part, it'll be discrete yet noticeable. I think releasing the clothing line would be good along side some non-logo hats as well. makes you're collection look better in terms of variety and once you have a following, you can them experiment and do logo style pieces. Wish you luck with your brand cool

"An eye for an eye will make the world go blind, but at least It's even" - Entree LS Clothing, waywarddavis.tumblr.com

February 27, 2013 @ 09:45 PM
FENDStreetwearCom

@sunshii - Thank you very much for your feedback... I full heartedly agree with you! I do plan to head this direction as I am designing up t-shirts and tanks now..

@dashon - Thanks man! Some really helpful advice man... Definitely going to take heed to it as I am currently working on designing shirts and tanks...

Please login first to reply.