Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
October 18, 2006 @ 08:25 PM
Mr.BrightSide

So i went to district and well uh it's not the best sneaker store,they have some good new era's,Diamond dunks are going for 500$,they have an ok shoe selection,but the funniest thing in the store was the people who were in there that had no idea about the shoes or clothing,they were all like man ima be diffrent this fall/wall this is going to be my spot,it's funny to see this kind of reaction,i talked to the guy who worked there and he said that they havent gotten all there acounts yet and that they have a tier 0 account.....................
October 18, 2006 @ 08:38 PM
andrew3sixteen

the guys running it are good people and know what they are doing - otherwise i dont think they'd get the opportunity to stock the lines they are currently carrying.

i just put some pics of the store up on my site, for those of you who want to see what it looks like...

3sixteen.com | selfedge.com | ajchen.com | @andrew3sixteen

October 18, 2006 @ 08:56 PM
Quickstriker

Looks like a nice spot to me. Looks like they got the SB account too. Now Tier 0 I have my doubts but the shop looks good.
October 18, 2006 @ 10:05 PM
ice grillz

^ you live in dc, too?

do they do cosignments?
looking to get rid of some shoes.

TOP $$$ FOR - SUPREME ROSARY TEE/CREWNECK SIZE MED.

October 18, 2006 @ 10:32 PM
JN3WMN

yeah i gotta check it out soon, elite is the only store i visit on a regular basis.
October 18, 2006 @ 10:43 PM
ice grillz

^ same.

October 19, 2006 @ 07:05 AM

Inactive

can anyone give me the exact address?
I am going to DC this weekend...
October 19, 2006 @ 08:16 AM
Johnny B

I know these guys pesonally, and don't sleep on them, or their abilities to get a Nike 0 account. Their New Era will always be top notch, since they have desinged for them and consulted with New Era for years. Who do you think designed the NBA Logo Man hat, they did.
October 19, 2006 @ 10:05 AM
G.RICH

CLEARING THINGS UP.....
D51 IS STRICTLY CONSIGNMENT WITH ALL NIKE'S DISPLAYED IN THEY'RE STORE (NO EXCEPTIONS, REAGRDLESS OF WHAT OTHERS MAY SAY)...THERE IS NO NIKE ACCOUNT TIER 0 OR OTHERWISE. AS WITH MOST NEW LIFESTYLE/SNEAKER BOUTIQUE OPENINGS, A NIKE ACCOUNT ON ANY LEVEL IS SOMETHING TO BE EARNED AND NOT GIVEN (EXCEPT THOSE FEW STORE FRONTS THAT HAVE DONE PREVIOUS BUSNIESS WITH THE LIKES OF NIKE IN OTHER VENTURES).

AS FOR D51 THE COMPANY...I THINK ALOT OF GREAT THINGS ARE GONNA COME FROM THEM IN THE NEAR FUTURE. I'VE BEEN READING ALOT OF BLOGS AND POSTS PRETTY MUCH MUCH SHUTTING THEM DOWN BEFORE THEY COULD EVEN GET THEY'RE DOORS OPEN...BUT I'M HERE TO LET YOU KNOW THESE GUYS WILL BE HERE FOR THE LONG RUN.
October 19, 2006 @ 10:50 AM
ice grillz

busy today, but i am going to check out the shop tomorrow

October 19, 2006 @ 11:53 AM
JN3WMN

busy today, but i am going to check out the shop tomorrow

i'll probably be up there sometime tomorrow as well.
October 19, 2006 @ 12:15 PM
Bandana K

I was up in there last weekend during Howard Homecoming on Saturday night. I rapped to the owner and he is a cool kat(Total Sports). But it does look like they will be doing a lot of consignment because you can't just get a SB account like that. I told him he should put plastic over the shoes because a lot of folks that come in there don't know what they are looking at a will just handle the shoes and never buy. Do it like Flight Club in NYC. I was up NY for SneakerPimps last Friday and the boy Chris is funny as shit up in Flight Club. You can't even really try on the shoes. The 51 shop does look good. I can't wait to see what Major does!!!
October 19, 2006 @ 12:29 PM
Mr.BrightSide

I really like the layout of the shop as well,it's small and nice looking,i think that they should put plastic on the shoes as well for the fact that when i was in there people had a soda in one hand and a shoe in the other,i can see there shop really being a good shop in the months to come,but if you ask me there shoes are a little to limited,most of the shoes only have 2 sizes ready to buy,but im also just going to wait for MAJOR since they will have an undftd account along with a tier 0 account,even though the guy working there said that they were getting a tier 0 account soon..............
October 19, 2006 @ 12:48 PM
Mr.BrightSide

True,but all they have in there now is SB's.................
October 19, 2006 @ 01:10 PM
matth

Looks like a nice spot to me. Looks like they got the SB account too. Now Tier 0 I have my doubts but the shop looks good.

they don't have a nike account...they are good people tho!!!
October 19, 2006 @ 02:02 PM
JN3WMN

so what brands do they carry in there?
October 19, 2006 @ 03:15 PM
G.RICH

D51
NO MATTER WHAT ....THOSE GUYS PUT THE TIME, EFFORT MONEY AND VISION IN THE STORE TO BRING DC SOMETHING NEW AND FRESH. I'M PERSONALLY LOOKING FWD TO WHAT THEY HAVE TO OFFER AS WELL AS MAJOR...WHO I KNOW WILL DO IT RIGHT....SHOUTOUT'S TO DUKKI AND CREW!
October 22, 2006 @ 06:45 PM
ice grillz

i was there this friday and they didn't have much stuff in stock.
either everything was sold or they just didn't get any shipments in.

location sucks, but the shop is looking clean and the dudes are nice.

brandon from D51 also hooked me up with a free tee.

October 22, 2006 @ 07:12 PM
fooG

i was there this friday and they didn't have much stuff in stock.
either everything was sold or they just didn't get any shipments in.

location sucks, but the shop is looking clean and the dudes are nice.

brandon from D51 also hooked me up with a free tee.

what part of georgia ave is it close to?

good to see there are other spots other than elite and sports zone (no sbs there) that are comin up....i also heard that they might open a common wealth in the area too...
October 22, 2006 @ 07:21 PM
ice grillz

well, i had no idea where the store was.
only thing i knew was that it was near howard univ so i got off at shaw/howard univ exit off of green line, then walked about 10 blocks and it's located right next to up against the wall.

commonwealth is opening up in adam's morgan.

if you want to go check out d51, wait few more days or something because they don't have much. few dunk sbs from consignment and 3sixteen tees and some company called bones.

October 22, 2006 @ 08:08 PM
BWS

yet and that they have a tier 0 account.....................

suuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrre buddy.smile
October 22, 2006 @ 08:52 PM
Dj Is So Real

damn good look neva heard about this..... so where exactly is it...in that same lil strip as the up against the wall??
October 22, 2006 @ 08:52 PM
ice grillz

it's right next to it.
maybe like 2 stores down.

October 22, 2006 @ 09:05 PM
Luke_Brother

wow i had no idea about this place and im right out side of DC about 20min Elite is about 5min or less from me i didnt know any of you guys where from around here
October 22, 2006 @ 09:10 PM
ice grillz

wow i had no idea about this place and im right out side of DC about 20min Elite is about 5min or less from me i didnt know any of you guys where from around here

says the guy with 12 posts that joined in september.
haha.

October 23, 2006 @ 09:15 AM
Johnny B

Because Total Sports are converting all their stores to this business model.
October 23, 2006 @ 10:59 AM
Mr.BrightSide

suuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrre buddy.smile

Hey im just giving you the info that the guy working there gave me,you can tell they dont have one but he said that they would get one............
October 23, 2006 @ 11:01 AM
Mr.BrightSide

Because Total Sports are converting all their stores to this business model.

Not all of them are,unless the same guy who said they would have a tier 0 account dosent know what he's talking about.........
October 23, 2006 @ 01:38 PM
Quickstriker

Selling SBs on consignment does not equal an SB account, don't get it twisted.

Haha well then they for sure ain't getting a Tier 0 account.
October 23, 2006 @ 04:06 PM
Claystar

I stopped by last week and laughed when I saw Eire's for $180.00!

Please login first to reply.