Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
January 30, 2013 @ 05:46 PM
tylergrosso

Hailing from the trap, in Charlotte, North Carolina, comes trapjaw. trapjaw isn't your average street wear. trapjaw is classified as "ratchet wear" (yep). With their first release, the brand showcases a xanax long sleeve, a south east tee, a tie dye tee, and a couple of hoodies. The best part about it is the brand is that it is created by an 18 year old with a real street mind set. Quality and good from the mouth of the hood. 

the brands first release is available on 1/31 at trapjaw.us

https://vimeo.com/58522689

trapjaw.us
trvpjaw.tumblr.com
January 30, 2013 @ 06:20 PM
crushtina

That video is really well-produced, unique dark vibe to it. I prefer the idea of using videos to showcase your product instead of photos..

Anyway, I'm doing some research for a uni project on streetwear brands, so I was wanting to ask:
How does Trapjaw reflect your street values in its design and philosophy? What sort of cultures do you look at in terms of who's going to buy it, skating, music, graffiti etc?

Generally, How important are your street values when you started out this brand?
January 30, 2013 @ 06:32 PM
tylergrosso

i'm heavily influenced by the streets. i don't want to go into heavy details but i've been through it all. and i'm learning from it and expressing it on cotton. not trying to name drop but my best friend is an affiliate of ASAP, so i try to stay up to date on fashion through him. I'm just trying to be different. anyone can put something on a shirt but its what you put on a shirt that makes you different. for example, for the tie dye tees in the video, i hand dyed those in a creek using creek water that was fought in during the revolutionary war. it's the little things.
January 30, 2013 @ 07:01 PM
crushtina

Definitely about the little things then. I like the creek water detail. Good luck with it!
June 26, 2013 @ 03:29 PM
straywolf

check ur pMS
June 26, 2013 @ 10:08 PM
A$AC SCHRADER

When will your store reopen?

Looking for: CDG X Supreme Shirt olive camo - CDG X Supreme 5 Panel olive camo - TNF X Supreme Backpack - JFK/Guns Shirt All L

Please login first to reply.