September 21, 2013 @ 05:20 AM
hpsn

If anyone has ever tried to put together a cut-and-sew piece, you'd have no problem with the pricing because there are a lot that goes into producing these pieces.  Fabric shopping, sample making, designing, set-up, production, producing one-of-a-kind prints for shirts, quality assurance, shipping, etc etc. Put this on top of regular overhead bills, the way I see it, Mega needs to sell a lot of these to break even.  

And if you've been rocking Black Scale for a long time, or just check out their stuff regularly, you should've already seen that this is the direction BS has been aiming towards.

BS is still a fairly new brand, 5 years going into their 6 in November, and they've managed to accomplish more things than any other brands can do.

art since 1900

September 21, 2013 @ 06:17 AM
BlackScale

Randomtw

You're right with the size chart. We launch our new site in a few weeks and you will see that in our new store. For now you do have fabric call outs.

Black-Scale.com | Black-Scale.jp | twitter.com/BlackScale | instagram.com/blackscale | facebook.com/blackscalebrandpage

September 21, 2013 @ 06:24 AM
BlackScale

Hpsn

You're wasting your time fam trying to explain that to these people. Black Scale does not use any available fabric for wovens and all our outerwear. You will never see our fabrics being used by other brands and that in itself makes pieces higher priced. When our friends in contemporary markets see our line they ask us why is it so priced well? It's different for every market. For you hypebeasts if and when you guys start making clothes then you can better talk your shit but for now most you don't know diddly shit.

Black-Scale.com | Black-Scale.jp | twitter.com/BlackScale | instagram.com/blackscale | facebook.com/blackscalebrandpage

September 21, 2013 @ 07:13 AM
OneForeigner

what is this duck dynasty? you got a team of people you pay to run your hypebeast account? if it ain't mega, change the name. And no matter who it is, you represent a brand, so grow the fuck up. We don't own a brand, so we can talk whatever shit we want, if you want a good image then step your game up. Other than that, fuck the prices, and i don't give a shit about experience anymore, clearly you guys some next level shit so you all have sticks up your asses and think your farts smell like flowers. Black scale isn't what it used to be, which was a place for outcasts and rejects or skaters and bikers to wear the shit they liked and to experience different aesthetics through the designs created. Now you just a bigot company with an aim at being the next givenchy. and don't even front, we all know givenchy is your main influence.
September 21, 2013 @ 08:19 AM
BlackScale

Givenchy is my influence? Lol. Your mother is my influence.

Guvenchy wasn't even poppin when streetwear started dumb ass. Actually if you go read Ricardo Tisci interview he is inspired by streetwear.

September 21, 2013 @ 08:20 AM
BlackScale

Kid risen you're an ultimate dumb ass. Dear Hypebeast can we ban this kid out of my forums? Their should be block buttons.

September 21, 2013 @ 12:15 PM
ichigo81

Been a supporter of BS since your first store opened back in SF... I think it's more of a culture shock to see your prices go up more then anything. At the time when Bape, Ice Cream, Supreme and others a like you saw that premium price from the jump, so to see it raise so fast just like your company, it's going to take time for people to get used to the prices,even with your A-Alike Nicky Diamonds its just seeing a brand that was reasonably price jump so fast, just kinda takes the wind out of people...But keep doing big things Meg, not mad at chu..
September 21, 2013 @ 03:30 PM
BlackScale

That's funny you say those brands because our quality is as good. Actually our prices are supposed to be higher but we always kept them at a reasonable price. Times are changing and production is getting more expensive but I will share that so you guys can see one day when you create a line. A full cut and sewn line.

September 21, 2013 @ 06:08 PM
octose

It's funny because the only counter argument they actually have that seems logical is the fact that 1) Mega either tries to call you a silly name or 2) He tries to tell you that OTHER brands have higher price points, which means Black Scale should essentially compete with names like Givenchy and other shitstorms of brands.

Lmao at this point they diggin their grave, legitimately looks like they are starting to catch the feels and the only way to retaliate is to call people over the internet little bitch names. Price points are literally starting to reflect brands like BAPE and Neighborhood.

'In heaven, all the interesting people are missing.' - Friedrich Nietzsche // I promote music: Youtube.com/thephuzz

September 21, 2013 @ 06:13 PM
OneForeigner

^^^

octose is on point with all these posts.
September 21, 2013 @ 08:42 PM
spriteremix

so dumb

this the shit i been trying to expose about this brand through my posts for the last year or so

i was just giving opinion/facts to help 

now that its clear as day black scale is raping y'all for sweatshop quality products at designer price tag, now all these opinions are simply opinions? and not sprite remix "hating"? 

"oh man octose totally on point bro"
stfu fatty, u been hating on me every post i make in EVERY FORUM (stalking me) yet saying u dont like confrontation? YOU'RE A FAT PUSSY. I been saying the shit yall JUST REALIZING for the PAST YEAR and getting flack for it.

if u buy anything from this drop u deserve to get ripped off

mega been rippin u off every season u just too stupid to realize

thats the whole point i ever tried to make in this dumb ass thread

the fact this nigga sold new era word caps (re-released 10x after being "stupid limited") with a 75$ tag should tell you something

this season and the prices are an absolute joke like this thread

mega n the team getting greedy as fuck charging 400% increase on this outerwear

by the time all this shit goes on plndr, cuz u know it will, YOU WONT WANT IT ANYMORE 

because guess what there will be another drop from BS or another brand you will want to cop and save your money for.

dont fall into the trap these dudes laughing to the bank at your expense

DONT PUT MONEY IN THE POCKETS OF A GUY WHO DOESNT RESPECT THE PEOPLE THAT PAY HIS RENT

You can't have an opinion on the brand without being threatened.why would you fork over hundreds of dollars for a jacket backed by a dude in his 30s still getting emotional with mom jokes

the whole time ur wearing that jacket would be an undeniable L

you paid a guy that clowns u n threatens u (the customer) to wear his clothes

personally i have no problems being done with this brand as i dont consider myself a person that likes to get ripped off by assholes that talk down to their customers, produce products with shitty production values and assembly, and then charge designer prices as if their pieces are actually timeless or worth it

by next fall you wont even wanna wear that 300$ jacket 

wait for plndr/sales

or dont buy at all

r.i.p. WVCK FVIL
September 21, 2013 @ 08:52 PM
BlackScale

This dude write a essay lol. Damnnnnn.

September 21, 2013 @ 08:53 PM
BlackScale

Awwww how cute sprite remix is staring his own clan of cornballs

September 21, 2013 @ 08:53 PM
BlackScale

Aka suck my dick

September 21, 2013 @ 09:06 PM
spriteremix

3 post reply?

feelings caught 
September 21, 2013 @ 09:28 PM
chimpskibot

I'm not going to front gems your a dick and from my experience and friends experience with your clothes your quality garments are not that quality I have to agree with sprite even though some of your stuff is dope, I couldn't justify paying your prices on your cut and sewn line when other brands do better.
September 21, 2013 @ 10:34 PM
ichigo81

Okay too many niggas catching feelings over Clothes....
If you like BS then support it and move on
If you don't then shut the fuck up and move on, nobody is twisting your arms to spend money with this man....
i can see both sides of the arguement...
Mega you have what four stores now so I can see over head, bills, etc come into play so you have to raise prices, I get that as a business man, but the threats, etc... Are just outlandish bro.. Keep doing your thing and dust it off...you do have a loyal fan base that supports your efforts and still rock BS from time to time, no reason for the ethuggin
As for critics, chill out, it's not your brand or money, yeah it's kinda of fucked with price raising and re-releasing "limited pieces" but this is the age of the Internet and nothing is exclusive anymore... Bottom line chill all the bitching and if you don't like this new price hike or the way Mega or his team talks to you, it's easy dont support and move on to other brands,that's the best way to boycott if you feel some type of way...
At the end of the day we are all grown ass men who make our own decisions, try to keep this thread for support and drops and help, other then that take a midol for your cramps and live life and get money or women or whatever your vice
September 21, 2013 @ 10:43 PM
Hatchet.

Hey Meg, I know BS has already released multiple ones but, will there be a new 'words' snapback in the near future? Would like to pick one up. Thanks
September 22, 2013 @ 01:20 AM
OneForeigner

@spriteremix, you were right, i was wrong. I'm sorry
September 22, 2013 @ 10:17 AM
Glo'bito

as long as the tees remain the same price I'm good lol

“those who break the rules are scum, but those who abandon their friends are worse than scum.”

September 22, 2013 @ 03:15 PM
idmwyni

yo mega. on the tycoon jacket in black, is the other colour white or a light grey. Can't really tell from the pictures. thanks.
September 22, 2013 @ 11:12 PM
BlackScale

Black/White and Navy/White in te tycoon.

September 22, 2013 @ 11:12 PM
BlackScale

The tees will always remain the same.

September 23, 2013 @ 11:23 PM
Sentimental

Egyptian cotton? 
September 24, 2013 @ 08:02 AM
BlackScale

The ashtrays for Fall 13 are a must have. Don't sleep on those. 

September 24, 2013 @ 08:28 PM
ikarmuh

did anyone else that ordered a 9/11 tee get a misprint that says "September 11th 2011" im just sitting here like wut
September 24, 2013 @ 09:01 PM
kosmiklol

did anyone else that ordered a 9/11 tee get a misprint that says "September 11th 2011" im just sitting here like wut
let me see in pics lol
September 25, 2013 @ 01:59 AM
ericgonza

Black Scale Fall 13 up on Dr Jays, Plus Karmaloop Spain. Olo
September 25, 2013 @ 02:46 AM
dotcalm

lost respect for this brand.

mega, black-scale, whoever the fuck, look. your concept is about balance. core. dark and light.
the online responses... come. on.
its the internet. we all know that. clearly, you take this shit as a joke, mega. you're clearly educated, texts, insights, philosophies and whatnot. however, you should know by now, 5 years in the business, that online interaction matters. your treatment of your customers online is absolutely child-like. it is simply ridiculous. you can not threaten to "slap the shit" out of someone, especially your CUSTOMERS, online. simply disrespectful to yourself.
all the while contradicting the fact that your brand is streetwear. as far as i know, streetwear is about rep, connections, idiosyncrasy, and, mega, versatility. if you cant be versatile, that is, flexible enough to meet the demands of your customers in your local demographic, nevermind the oversea bullshit, then quietly stop. its disgraceful. 
if, as you like to point out, your in-store customer service and financial digits are looking that great, would you say that this forum is the "dark," as opposed to your offline "light."
child.

you've lost your balance.
will the real mega please... sit down.

EDIT: for the world's information, im 17. a kid. doesn't take someone in their 30s to reprimand foolery, let alone notice it. wait.

somebody had the nerve to take the herb up out the doobie ashtray

September 25, 2013 @ 03:03 AM
octose

lost respect for this brand.

mega, black-scale, whoever the fuck, look. your concept is about balance. core. dark and light.
the online responses... come. on.
its the internet. we all know that. clearly, you take this shit as a joke, mega. you're clearly educated, texts, insights, philosophies and whatnot. however, you should know by now, 5 years in the business, that online interaction matters. your treatment of your customers online is absolutely child-like. it is simply ridiculous. you can not threaten to "slap the shit" out of someone, especially your CUSTOMERS, online. simply disrespectful to yourself.
all the while contradicting the fact that your brand is streetwear. as far as i know, streetwear is about rep, connections, idiosyncrasy, and, mega, versatility. if you cant be versatile, that is, flexible enough to meet the demands of your customers in your local demographic, nevermind the oversea bullshit, then quietly stop. its disgraceful. 
if, as you like to point out, your in-store customer service and financial digits are looking that great, would you say that this forum is the "dark," as opposed to your offline "light."
child.

you've lost your balance.
will the real mega please... sit down.

EDIT: for the world's information, im 17. a kid. doesn't take someone in their 30s to reprimand foolery, let alone notice it. wait.
Lmao there a reason all there huge retailers didn't buy any outerwear SKU's this season (Mega even admitted it lmao!). They also think this shit is too expensive hahahha - Mega basing his brand based off of overseas pricing, especially in Japan where everything goes for 100% more than normal price. Mega is just caught up with his "overseas omg we are so popular in japan we are so successful lol". He doesn't even realize that the reason he got this far is because we managed to help him get there. Literally without the stateside crew he's fucking over, he would be nowhere. His most loyal customers are getting fucked in the asshole because Mega thinks he can do it.

Lmao he didn't start his business in Japan, he started it here yet still thinks he deserves to poop in our mouths and expect us to take it. Dude's a fucking jackass, thinks hes the next Erik Burnetti

'In heaven, all the interesting people are missing.' - Friedrich Nietzsche // I promote music: Youtube.com/thephuzz

This topic is closed, replies are no longer accepted.