April 15, 2013 @ 09:36 PM
BobaTeaFett

JFK misfits tee lookin pretty good I wouldn't mind picking up cuz of the message but looks to brutal  for me so therefore I'm on the fence. Everything is a pass. That snake charmer tee is just about the decent one. But I ain't that thirsty to get something in the mail to fill my void cuz no pcl and shit ja feel?

Also buy it if u guys like it you don't need to listen to the band(it's a plus). I bought stax tee last season with no idea who the fuck was on the the tee was. Did my research on the late Otis reddington cuz Ppl asked and shit but yeah.

looks l
Do you mean Otis Redding?  How in the world did you not know who Otis Redding was?
Oh no is this my second L -_____- I'm sorry but I really didnt know who he was. I didn't even know who Wayne Gretzky was once either. There's lots of famous Ppl I don't know for the sole purpose of me not watching tv or into things that don't pertain to me  
so you were born anywhere in the mid to late 90's I'm guessing? Not trying to hate, just confused as to why you seem sheltered.
April 15, 2013 @ 09:38 PM
jjapplesauce

http://style.mtv.com/?p=148811

I know this pic is old news I just thought it was really funny how mtv says "landed at supreme" and something about go and cop yourself one today haha.  MTV you wankers... shit aint even out.
April 15, 2013 @ 09:41 PM
SVBERTOOF

A Sonic Youth capsule would've been 100x better. I'm sure there are more s.y listeners that dig supreme than there are misfits listeners. And it would make more sense, in my opinion. Considering the fact, that sonic youth's music has been in more skate videos (Templeton's Welcome to hell, Dary Angelel's part in NBTT, Saari's Wheels of Fortune, Jerry Hsu's BAg of suck), and coming out around the same era. I don't recall Misfits in any video. Besides the krooked x crimson ghost stuff, I don't know any other skate influence from the misfits. Plus, Sonic Youth started in NYC.
Mike Maldonado in Welcome to Hell
Chris Cole in Transworld In Bloom
Brian Sumner, Jeff Lenoce in Birdhouse The End

Just to name a few. You guys must not really skate or were born after 1992. The Misfits crimson ghost has always been associated deeply in skate culture. All good tho, you ain't gotta lie to kick it. 
April 15, 2013 @ 09:44 PM
mrteebonilla

I know this pic is old news I just thought it was really funny how mtv says "landed at supreme" and something about go and cop yourself one today haha.  MTV you wankers... shit aint even out.
oh na wtf haha

Proxy/Pre-Order Service PM for info #TeamTony #CokeWave #ToneSosa #FW14NeopreneGang

April 15, 2013 @ 09:48 PM
roasthoggmann

A Sonic Youth capsule would've been 100x better. I'm sure there are more s.y listeners that dig supreme than there are misfits listeners. And it would make more sense, in my opinion. Considering the fact, that sonic youth's music has been in more skate videos (Templeton's Welcome to hell, Dary Angelel's part in NBTT, Saari's Wheels of Fortune, Jerry Hsu's BAg of suck), and coming out around the same era. I don't recall Misfits in any video. Besides the krooked x crimson ghost stuff, I don't know any other skate influence from the misfits. Plus, Sonic Youth started in NYC.
Mike Maldonado in Welcome to Hell
Chris Cole in Transworld In Bloom
Brian Sumner, Jeff Lenoce in Birdhouse The End

Just to name a few. You guys must not really skate or were born after 1992. The Misfits crimson ghost has always been associated deeply in skate culture. All good tho, you ain't gotta lie to kick it. 
Sonic Youth and the Misfits are both great bands. No need to put the two against each other.

BUT

Thurston Moore - Psychic Hearts is my favorite album of any genre

www.RoastHOGGMANN.com

April 15, 2013 @ 09:49 PM
dismiss

I agree that the X Tee is not very reminiscent of the Mac logo, but I think one of the things to look at is the text underneath. The font that Supreme is typed in.

I believe both are typed in a font called Apple Garamond Light.

Edit: Might be a little harder to tell from these two pictures, because the second one is bolded.

Edit: Another image for reference of font

They probably didn't make it exactly like the image because of potentially being sued. So they  had to throw it off a little 
There's just not enough similarities for it to resemble it to me.  I'm not saying i'm right, just that I don't see the correlation at all.  Additionally, they usually give a little bit of a hint as to what the shirt is named after in the title.  Power, Lies, Corruption - name of new order album, sex machine - album name again, but this was just called x tee.. so i'd guess it has more to do with the letter x than anything apple related, which is why again i think that guy earlier (sorry i forgot your name) who said it looked similar to a Malcolm x hat was more on target, but hey who knows.  If anything the fact that it's open to interpretation makes it more interesting.

http://getsupreme.bigcartel.com/

April 15, 2013 @ 09:50 PM
chaboi

Lmfao "floral top" mtv consists of straight fuckbois

LA

April 15, 2013 @ 09:53 PM
Legit Shit

It is definitely a reference to the old Apple/Mac/etc logo. Whether it has ties to something else as well (Malcom X), maybe.

upthefunk

April 15, 2013 @ 09:55 PM
iamrty

Dudes caring way too much about what another dude looks like.  #suspect
hypebeasts on hypebeast calling hypebeasts hypebeasts.  a tale as old as time.

Peep the lookbook: www.thebirdandthebeast.com, instagram:rty

April 15, 2013 @ 09:56 PM
iamrty

It is definitely a reference to the old Apple logo. Whether it has ties to something else as well (Malcom X), maybe.
i think it's both. a play on the X and OS X. dunno what the tie is though. it's above my head.

Peep the lookbook: www.thebirdandthebeast.com, instagram:rty

April 15, 2013 @ 10:00 PM
chaboi

You guys think the croc strap camp cap is gonna be more expensive ? Even though It's not a collab I think they might ask for more because there using a different material . The leather camp cap was way more expensive than regular , I think It'll be 54-60 

LA

April 15, 2013 @ 10:02 PM
Anthos

You guys think the croc strap camp cap is gonna be more expensive ? Even though It's not a collab I think they might ask for more because there using a different material . The leather camp cap was way more expensive than regular , I think It'll be 54-60 
Rubber Logo Camp was 48 instead of 44 as well so it will be more..probly 48 or 50

2Ps - WTB L Navy or Black F-1 - FS/FT L Supreme x Champion Red Warm Up Pants

April 15, 2013 @ 10:08 PM
BobaTeaFett

JFK misfits tee lookin pretty good I wouldn't mind picking up cuz of the message but looks to brutal  for me so therefore I'm on the fence. Everything is a pass. That snake charmer tee is just about the decent one. But I ain't that thirsty to get something in the mail to fill my void cuz no pcl and shit ja feel?

Also buy it if u guys like it you don't need to listen to the band(it's a plus). I bought stax tee last season with no idea who the fuck was on the the tee was. Did my research on the late Otis reddington cuz Ppl asked and shit but yeah.

looks l
Do you mean Otis Redding?  How in the world did you not know who Otis Redding was?
Oh no is this my second L -_____- I'm sorry but I really didnt know who he was. I didn't even know who Wayne Gretzky was once either. There's lots of famous Ppl I don't know for the sole purpose of me not watching tv or into things that don't pertain to me  
so you were born anywhere in the mid to late 90's I'm guessing? Not trying to hate, just confused as to why you seem sheltered.
Yupp I'm a product of 93' lol at sheltered no feelings caught here either. I'm not gonna lie. I'm just a weird young man(19)  I never watched anything that involved humans really (again why I say I'm weird) I always just was into cartoons an shit like that. Music I never really stepped out of hip hop and Spanish music. TV sports don't know who is on what now a days what celebrity is on what show. I barely discovered breaking bad last month like da fuck!? Haha yeah but diversity never would hurt but yeah
word, over time you'll learn of things of the past either through interest or force (school), but it's not detrimental to know now. 
April 15, 2013 @ 10:14 PM
zane-

It could be called the "X Tee" because the operating system on a Mac is "OS X" and that's where the X comes from.

my names zane & i love odd future

April 15, 2013 @ 10:19 PM
scruffy

Snake charmer tee looks dope,still a garb collab
April 15, 2013 @ 10:20 PM
cernio

It could be called the "X Tee" because the operating system on a Mac is "OS X" and that's where the X comes from.
omg ur so smart
April 15, 2013 @ 10:20 PM
THEBIGNB

I'm pretty sure the x tee has something todo with music or a old album cover.

#508 FOR SALE MEDALS BUCKET HAT http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/200889

April 15, 2013 @ 10:21 PM
skittles

Spring tees this monday(email)

misfit collab in may or the last week of april.
am i the only one who thinks that this fag just guesses on collabs lol

Clean and serene since 7/22/2012

April 15, 2013 @ 10:21 PM
RelaxAndRawr

I think it may be some allusion to irony between both.

Malc OS X, lol.

I had this whole paragraph written about the way they could be tied together, but it just seemed excessive.
April 15, 2013 @ 10:26 PM
$timRep

I think it may be some allusion to irony between both.

Malc OS X, lol.

I had this whole paragraph written about the way they could be tied together, but it just seemed excessive.
you're onto something here 
April 15, 2013 @ 10:28 PM
Mr. Jazz

I WANT EVERYONE TO GO ON THIS FAG'S TWITTER AND INSTAGRAM AND POINT OUT HOW MUCH OF A FAG HE IS IN THE COMMENTS AND SHIT!!!!

https://twitter.com/AlwaysFreshAFA
http://instagram.com/AlwaysFreshAFA

And before anyone asks, no that's not me posing in that fake Supreme instagram account...

^ WHY THE FUCK DOES HE KEEP POSING LIKE THIS IN HIS PICS?!! FUCKING FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG...!!!!
dude i agree that he's a total herb but you really care wayyy too much... i mean you took that screenshot and it says 0s which means you were reloading like crazy...just let him dress like an idiot it's not making you look bad. find something else to do
He took the screenshot himself and posted it on twitter, that's where I got the link for the pic from...But you're right about taking it too far, I'll stop now.
is this guy your bully at school or something? be honest.
STOP QUOTING THIS SHIT
#hypocrite
What is this the player haters ball?
April 15, 2013 @ 10:29 PM
vancityhype

so r we expecting the pcl bucket later into summer
April 15, 2013 @ 10:34 PM
mrteebonilla

so r we expecting the pcl bucket later into summer
im gonna say june

Proxy/Pre-Order Service PM for info #TeamTony #CokeWave #ToneSosa #FW14NeopreneGang

April 15, 2013 @ 10:40 PM
rickdider

hmmm the bullet tee is interesting....

probably the only tee I'm thinkin of only because I actually love bullet. fucking most horrible lyrics made so catchy by zombie elvis presley (Danzig).

I would have loved astro zombies, but no good image would come to mind. Another good image would probably be danzig getting the shit knocked out of him
April 15, 2013 @ 10:45 PM
voodoo

Dope collab, but not really into their music. Good luck to those copping.

The owls are not what they seem. Born again Based.

April 15, 2013 @ 10:52 PM
illusive

When does the boston relief box logo drop
Snap,Crackle and Pop
April 15, 2013 @ 11:06 PM
flake753

Good god the misfits suck.. how could you guys listen to that shit?
April 15, 2013 @ 11:09 PM
Demi Lovato

but no one is talking about the lighter?

April 15, 2013 @ 11:11 PM
whatisthis

It's a black fucking Bic lighter...

FS: CDG Coaches (Olive/L) & I Love Ugly Zespy's (M)

April 15, 2013 @ 11:13 PM
fyuur

And yet people still are quoting that long ass post

NO ONE GIVES A FUCK

"Those who do not understand true pain can never understand true peace."

This topic is closed, replies are no longer accepted.