just took the fake jacket out of the bag. first impressions: it's pretty damn well made. nice and soft lol. the sewing on the labels aren't that bad as well although there are some obvious areas.(on mine at least). Keep an eye out on the "made in" tags. there are descrepancies, one says Bangladesh and one says canada.
right now I'm trying to compare mine with pics of legit ones to see if there are any noticeable differences yall should know about. at first glance, they seem to have gotten everything down. not sure about the minor details though so I'll need some of you guys who actually have the real one to help me out here.
one thing I hate (this goes for the legit ones as well) are the pockets are in such an awkward position. Like, I like to put my hands in my jacket pockets and I can't really do it with this one. can someone tell me if the legit ones are like that too? looking at pics I think it is.
let me just say, if this is ANYTHING like the legit mountain shell, it is so not worth the money that resell is going for right now which is $600+.
I'm open to helping people out if there are any questions, just let me know. Might do another one of these (perhaps the mechanics jacket) if the reception is good. Bottom line though, this jacket is wearable and I wouldnt be surprised if it makes my rotation of regular wear jackets.
now without further ado, pics. all closeups on distinguishing factors.
right arm patches
EDIT: one gripe is that it runs kinda small and short if you go true to size and is bad for layering a hoodie underneath because of the padding. probably size up. I've read before that the legit ones run short and stuff as well so it might just be an all around thing
1. Stitching on the Supreme TNF sleeve labels is terrible. Not only is it uneven around the label edges but the labels don't appear to have been sewn on flat and look somewhat 'bubbly' (see above Photo)
2. The snap buttons on the front of the jacket don't appear to (from what I can see) have 'North Face' embossed in them (see Photo 5)
3. The label detailing the size of the jacket is sewn down and not a loop as on the legit jacket. (see Photo 1)
4. The nylon lining is 'sewn in' and not loose as on the real jacket. (see Photo 3)
5. The real jacket is made in China and has a holographic label in the lining indicating authenticity.
SMH at people paying over legit retail for fake jackets..
Did you say that the inside was padded?
Also TNF label inside the jacket doesn't look like it has straight cut edges? and the stitching definitely isn't straight.. dreadful..