Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
August 27, 2013 @ 06:15 PM
finance_all-star

If you're going to get defensive, down vote, or whatever, just ignore this. I'm just interested in being informed. I don't want to rub anyone the wrong way.

I'm not judging. I just surmised--perhaps incorrectly--that most people here and most of Supreme's clientele aren't religious (attend church, read scriptures, etc.). With that in mind, if you like the Jesus piece, Sabbath shirt, Virgin Mary shirt, and other religious pieces, why is that? Put another way, why are religious-themed clothing and paraphernalia popular? The interest in these items seems weird. Gary Lawrence, an American opinion pollster, surveyed Americans and found that "on the subject of religion Americans in general are "deeply religious" but "profoundly ignorant." For example, 68% said they prayed at least several times a week, and 44% said they attended religious services almost every week.  At the same time, only half could name even one of the four Gospels, most could not name the first book of the Bible, and 10% thought Joan of Arc was Noah's wife (Gary Lawrence, How Americans View Mormonism, Parameter Foundation, Orange, Calif., 2008, supra at p. 40)." I'm cognizant that there are people on Hypebeast from other countries than the US, and that people on Hypebeast might be more informed than the general public.

Keep in mind I've never have friends that wear Supreme or are into street wear, I don't really listen to rap/hip-hop, and I'm aloof to its culture.
what are you trying to get at here, or are you just writing a long post with big words to make random people on the internet think you are intelligent???
I'm not trying to impress anyone or sound intelligent. In short, I was just wondering why poeple like the religious pieces when it seems most people don't know or care about religion. I'm not making value judgements, I'm just asking.

WTB SUPREME FW 13 2013 BURGUNDY PAISLEY PANT TROUSER 32

August 27, 2013 @ 06:17 PM
supmax

The people that work in the london warehouse are gonna be so pissed for the first few weeks. There going to receive so many herbs asking the dumbest questions and wondering why the box logo hoody hasn't dropped every week

Anyways, any of u teach me the ways of the swiftness? Whats the quickest way to checkout my cart online?

"so many herbs asking dumb questions"

"any of u teach me the ways of the swiftness? Whats the quickest way to checkout my cart online?"

"baller futuristic groovy gangsta with an attitude"

August 27, 2013 @ 06:18 PM
lordlukey

The people that work in the london warehouse are gonna be so pissed for the first few weeks. There going to receive so many herbs asking the dumbest questions and wondering why the box logo hoody hasn't dropped every week

Anyways, any of u teach me the ways of the swiftness? Whats the quickest way to checkout my cart online?

"any of u teach me the ways of the swiftness? Whats the quickest way to checkout my cart online?"
lol hows that a dumb question when ive never ordered shit cus its never been online in UK fool
August 27, 2013 @ 06:20 PM
SHARKlN

Try using speech to text and talking very fast
August 27, 2013 @ 06:21 PM
Nyc93

lol hows that a dumb question when ive never ordered shit cus its never been online in UK fool
It's a dumb question. And your dumb for not realizing that. Your also dumb for giving him attitude when asking for help.

FS: Le bain pullovers DS M= 400 shipped L= 380 shipped XL= 350 shipped

August 27, 2013 @ 06:21 PM
ZZZAK

touch type bruh
August 27, 2013 @ 06:24 PM
lordlukey

Someone explain how its a dumb question. A lot of sites just cart hold until checkout unlike supreme and i'm sure i've seen someone post some script shit before for an autofill specifically for supreme online.  I checkout fast on shit regardless i'm just wondering if theres anything quicker
August 27, 2013 @ 06:26 PM
SHARKlN

Swfintess can not be learned, only taught.
August 27, 2013 @ 06:36 PM
KiddCoast

If you're going to get defensive, down vote, or whatever, just ignore this. I'm just interested in being informed. I don't want to rub anyone the wrong way.

I'm not judging. I just surmised--perhaps incorrectly--that most people here and most of Supreme's clientele aren't religious (attend church, read scriptures, etc.). With that in mind, if you like the Jesus piece, Sabbath shirt, Virgin Mary shirt, and other religious pieces, why is that? Put another way, why are religious-themed clothing and paraphernalia popular? The interest in these items seems weird. Gary Lawrence, an American opinion pollster, surveyed Americans and found that "on the subject of religion Americans in general are "deeply religious" but "profoundly ignorant." For example, 68% said they prayed at least several times a week, and 44% said they attended religious services almost every week.  At the same time, only half could name even one of the four Gospels, most could not name the first book of the Bible, and 10% thought Joan of Arc was Noah's wife (Gary Lawrence, How Americans View Mormonism, Parameter Foundation, Orange, Calif., 2008, supra at p. 40)." I'm cognizant that there are people on Hypebeast from other countries than the US, and that people on Hypebeast might be more informed than the general public.

Keep in mind I've never have friends that wear Supreme or are into street wear, I don't really listen to rap/hip-hop, and I'm aloof to its culture.
Cus the shit looks tight

Twitter: @KiddCoast

August 27, 2013 @ 06:41 PM
SilvioDante

^ Because it's tongue-in-cheek-hipster-cool to be ironic and wear something so unexpected

@dante they accepted returns last season on the website. I almost sent my kennedy shirts back until some UK kid ate both 
Thought they only give you credit though? Isnt UK full cash refund?
August 27, 2013 @ 06:42 PM
rottensounds

◕ ◡ ◕ < yo momma )

August 27, 2013 @ 06:46 PM
mobbyluii

Swiftness is bullshit

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/142893?hl=en-GB
Too bad autofill wont work anymore lol.... little do you guys know.

IG: @mobbyluii

August 27, 2013 @ 06:52 PM
lordlukey

Swiftness is bullshit

you think huh?
this is what im talking about is if theres anything faster than having the swiftness.
August 27, 2013 @ 06:53 PM
kodaxsmith

suspended

Since when can you return shit??
August 27, 2013 @ 06:56 PM
mobbyluii

Swiftness is bullshit

you think huh?
this is what im talking about is if theres anything faster than having the swiftness.
we are on the same page.... good shit

IG: @mobbyluii

August 27, 2013 @ 07:01 PM
oneallah

when are box logos dropping

hehehehe, just kidding
August 27, 2013 @ 07:02 PM
susdaddy

what are you guys goin for this Thursday??
Paisley crusher and then maybe go back for burg sabbath
really imma try to get both in one order
fuck extra shipping charges
August 27, 2013 @ 07:07 PM
jjapplesauce

Everyone's gonna cop because they see a football top and they want it to be heat. they look right through the actual design and colorblocking. Same shit with the hockey tops, those are kind of weak but they'll be one of the most hyped items simply because the other two hockey tops are grails
People are going to be kinda kidding themselves with the hockey top this season.  Not saying its not a cool piece in its own way but its far cry from 2010's.
August 27, 2013 @ 07:07 PM
sophiecromwell17

Anyone here have experience with preme denim? They only come in 32 34 36 etc.. right. Any help would be appreciated
August 27, 2013 @ 07:10 PM
jetageoflotus

There wasnt shit at fairfax. Waste of 2 hour drive lol.

One in the chamber, 32 in the clip.

August 27, 2013 @ 07:12 PM
cutlass

all t shirt colors
Yellow as well.
August 27, 2013 @ 07:17 PM
Tony Montana

Lol nigga you are not gonna get that ugly hooded shirt.

"im a very deep minded person" - Tracy Jackson

August 27, 2013 @ 07:18 PM
frenchsauvage

why would you even post it, only fucking it up for yourself...

read about nike dot com idiot.

actavis/hitech/gsc/gdp | looking for ds thunderbird&blackhawk. $$$ on deck

De Niro

Did they release box logo hoodie?
Dude didn't you hear the news? James Jebbia himself said that Box Logo hoodies aren't going to drop anymore until 10 years from now, he said he wants to preserve the Supreme box logo and will only give them to select celebrities and friends and family, you missed your chance bro you're gonna have to buy that shit for resell, and stop asking stupid fucking questions, and that goes to the noobs reading this thinking about asking for box logos, you're gonna have to wait til 2023 brehs
lordlukey

^ Because it's tongue-in-cheek-hipster-cool to be ironic and wear something so unexpected

@dante they accepted returns last season on the website. I almost sent my kennedy shirts back until some UK kid ate both 
Thought they only give you credit though? Isnt UK full cash refund?
UK is return within 7 days - no cash refund just store credit
edit: thats in store anyway, online it doesn't say anything
August 27, 2013 @ 07:19 PM
Nyc93

I don give a fuck about ten bucks plus ill get a extra sticker plus look book. Don't matter

August 27, 2013 @ 07:22 PM
mrteebonilla

I don give a fuck about ten bucks plus ill get a extra sticker plus look book. Don't matter
doesnt look like well be getting lookbooks this year

Supreme4Sale:CDG3HoodieRedSzM//Proxy/Pre-Order Service PM for info #TeamTony #CokeWave #ToneSosa #SS14PBG#

August 27, 2013 @ 07:32 PM
jetageoflotus

So what are the hyped up items for this first drop.

One in the chamber, 32 in the clip.

August 27, 2013 @ 07:33 PM
the president

Cus the shit looks tight
OP i have the same question. Really bugged me last year like why are all these posers copping last supper hoodie ? What does it mean to you, why do you choose to wear that ? I thought it was ironic at first but more i think these hypebeasts see religious imagery as an expression of their personal "on some next level illuminati you-aint-know bout this" attitude. An attempt to show sophistication by appropriating the occult, the divine. juxtaposing themselves with deities. 

a few individuals might have their own unique reasons but for 99% of the beasts they're just tryna come off complex
August 27, 2013 @ 07:35 PM
Nyc93

The only thing that will sell out quick is the crusher. The sabbath should be up for atlesst 5 minutes

This topic is closed, replies are no longer accepted.