Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
October 10, 2006 @ 08:08 PM
imashyboi415

How much do retailers usually pay when they buy directly from the manufacturers? I know nothing is exact but roughly about how much. I know people tend to be dick about this information because they don't want to disclose it, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
October 10, 2006 @ 09:42 PM
FFent Freelanc

in my experience, you charge the store half of what they sell it for, but thats only with tee's so like 15 dollars a tee then they sell it for 30 or 35
im not sure about hoodies or how much retailers jack up with hype n all
October 10, 2006 @ 09:55 PM
imashyboi415

I was thinking of opening my own online shop. Any suggestions which brands I should get? Some of the brands I'm looking into now are Crooks, FF, GrnAppleTree, Diamond, Mishka, 10 Deep, Stussy, and TH. I'm sure there I'm forgetting alot of other brands out there. My whole vision is to carry streetwear labels that produces sick quality and designs regardless if its high-end or not. If the label produeces on point products each season I want to carry it. Leroy Jenkins and Scott Langton is definitely some high-end stuff I want to get. I'm definitely keeping the hoodies and such(hot items) limited to 1 or 2 per customer so everyone can get a chance to buy the new drops.

I'm currently considering this move but I would need more information with other labels on their requirements. Bankroll is kinda low too but I'm sure I can make this happen with support from HB and players who's down.
October 10, 2006 @ 10:03 PM
Aeros

I was thinking of opening my own online shop. Any suggestions which brands I should get? Some of the brands I'm looking into now are Crooks, FF, GrnAppleTree, Diamond, Mishka, 10 Deep, Stussy, and TH. I'm sure there I'm forgetting alot of other brands out there. My whole vision is to carry streetwear labels that produces sick quality and designs regardless if its high-end or not. If the label produeces on point products each season I want to carry it. Leroy Jenkins and Scott Langton is definitely some high-end stuff I want to get. I'm definitely keeping the hoodies and such(hot items) limited to 1 or 2 per customer so everyone can get a chance to buy the new drops.

I'm currently considering this move but I would need more information with other labels on their requirements. Bankroll is kinda low too but I'm sure I can make this happen with support from HB and players who's down.

My suggestion is to sell Japanese and Hong Kong street wear brands (i.e. Visvim, Neighborhood, CLOT, w)taps, etc.) that are hard to come by in the states. You can find all of the brands you listed and plenty of sites already.
October 10, 2006 @ 10:13 PM
imashyboi415

My suggestion is to sell Japanese and Hong Kong street wear brands (i.e. Visvim, Neighborhood, CLOT, w)taps, etc.) that are hard to come by in the states. You can find all of the brands you listed and plenty of sites already.

Yeah, definitely. I'm going to aim for those brands eventually, but right now since the bankroll is small I want to start carrying labels that are in the states. The labels that I listed even though tons of shops have them they still tend to sell out which means people would still buy them if I listed them for sale in my shop. I know it sounds played out but it's a start. I'm also supportive of other underground labels/artist who haven't blown up yet. Pro Wolf is another brand which I want to carry since they do alot of custom hoodies. Another reason why I'm not prepaired to carry international brands is that they cost alot more to buy. If I had my own store I would definitely consider that. I'd even carry the Levis that they sell in Japan if I could get them at a reasonable price.
October 10, 2006 @ 11:46 PM
hotsriracha

Was, I want in if your serious.
October 11, 2006 @ 12:23 AM
imashyboi415

Was, I want in if your serious.

I'm talking to peoples right now who owns a shop so I'll try to see how much I need to run a small spot. I don't know the specifics so right now I'm just running with speculation.
October 11, 2006 @ 12:36 AM
mtl

^
No offence, but it really sounds like you have no clue what you're doing? How old are you? Do you have any idea how arrangements with companies like these even work? Do you have a website? Do you have any experience with e-commerece? Do you even have a business plan?
October 11, 2006 @ 12:48 AM
bape_boi

yo g i hope u did a fucking boat load of research ... cuz even if you did that u gonna have to do more.... n to be honest not trynna hate or nuthin.. but why are limited ass underground major companys gonna ship clothes to ur house and have u sell em online? who are u ? ur not like huf or leaders or wat have you .. ur just some guy .. u know? u have to develope credibility ... most companys dont wanna sell to a online stire ne who .... they wanna see ur shop n how dope u designed it and the foot traffic that carries threw there... u gonna email these companys who reaaly dont need u to sell their shyt cuz they have plenty of shops and online sites that carry em n sell out in minutes... im not trynna crush ur hopes.. keep diggin n do reseach n i know u dont wanna hear this but ... ur gonna have huge hurdles to hop ... bigger than what u think now even ... good luck tho
October 11, 2006 @ 01:40 AM
freshsteez

I'm trying to get the same thing started you are. You're going to need to do a ton of research because it is not easy to get started. You will not be carrying any of the hotter brands like 10 Deep, Orisue and etc until you get yourself established selling some of the up and coming brands. The problem with that is you never know how good something is going to sell when it has no brand recognition, so it's a gamble. It's a tough business to get into and you will most likely have to take an initial loss before you start making some bread. Probably not the best idea with a small bankroll to work with.

The reason why I'm still going forward with this is because I have the bankroll to do it right now and I don't really need to make money from this. I make my money in other ways. I'm doing it, because I love streetwear and I want to give some of the unknown up and coming brands their shine. As a side note, if any up and coming designers are looking for an online distributor, feel free to PM me and we can rap a bit and see what we can come up with.

Visit Karmaloopdeal.net for deals on Karmaloop & PLNDR. Use Rep Code neogeoz11 to save on your orders. Follow me on Twitter @NeoGeoz11

October 11, 2006 @ 04:48 AM
imashyboi415

No offence, but it really sounds like you have no clue what you're doing? How old are you? Do you have any idea how arrangements with companies like these even work? Do you have a website? Do you have any experience with e-commerece? Do you even have a business plan?

Your right I don't have a clue what I'm doing. I don't know how everything works which is why I'm asking questions. I'm still doing research and talking to people. I do have a business plan but before I can go through with that I need to know how the whole thing works. I currently don't have a website set up but I know people that can set that up within a week, that's not going to be a big problem. All I'm trying to do right now is getting to know people who are IN the business already who can show me the path to running a small online shop. Yes, I do know how to run my own shop and I know how simple accounting.
October 11, 2006 @ 04:50 AM
imashyboi415

the only brands you'll get if you start a online store are the brands in the "new designer forum"

I think knowing the right people already in the business will definitely bump the process. I know a few heads who are in the fashion industry who might be able to help me get the accounts I want. Once I get the website and the money all set up I'm definitely going forward with this.
October 11, 2006 @ 04:59 AM
imashyboi415

I'm trying to get the same thing started you are. You're going to need to do a ton of research because it is not easy to get started. You will not be carrying any of the hotter brands like 10 Deep, Orisue and etc until you get yourself established selling some of the up and coming brands. The problem with that is you never know how good something is going to sell when it has no brand recognition, so it's a gamble. It's a tough business to get into and you will most likely have to take an initial loss before you start making some bread. Probably not the best idea with a small bankroll to work with.

The reason why I'm still going forward with this is because I have the bankroll to do it right now and I don't really need to make money from this. I make my money in other ways. I'm doing it, because I love streetwear and I want to give some of the unknown up and coming brands their shine. As a side note, if any up and coming designers are looking for an online distributor, feel free to PM me and we can rap a bit and see what we can come up with.

I'm NOT just looking for brands that are in demand now. I'm not naive to think just because I know someone INSIDE they'll automatically give me an account. Of course depending how much I have as capital this might persuade them to give me an account. I'm not looking to set this entire thing up this year, I'm defintitely planning ahead and will be reading more books. I have a keen eye when it comes down to graphics and designs which will help me pick the right stuff to sell. Nothing is 100% which is why its called an Investment in the first place. Since I'm not looking to carry a huge inventory(until I expand) I'm only looking to carry about 10 brands at first and gradually expanding it. It would be a big plus if I can get an account with C&C or FF because those are the brands I really like. My initial investment for a online store would be around $15k.
October 11, 2006 @ 03:15 PM
rasclaaat

If you have to outsource the site development to a programmer, $15,000 won't get you very far. If you can do it yourself then that won't be a problem
October 11, 2006 @ 04:14 PM
imashyboi415

If you have to outsource the site development to a programmer, $15,000 won't get you very far. If you can do it yourself then that won't be a problem

If I do go in the business I'll probably have my brother take care of all the computer stuff. What I'm more concern about is how to run the business successfully. I want to run it like DG where everything is real simple but provides a ton of information when it loads. I'm not trying to over do the graphics for a clothing store.
October 11, 2006 @ 04:47 PM
rasclaaat

^^ word up
October 11, 2006 @ 05:04 PM
find.me.01

ss
..Crooks, FF, GrnAppleTree, Diamond, Mishka, 10 Deep, Stussy, and TH...

can i say band-wagon jumper?

its nice to dream..

and its also nice to actually do your dream. >sad

real talk, opening a website is not that easy, especially an online store.

because its much harder, then just having ppl come from ISS, NT and HB to your site and you makin' a living. SMH.
October 11, 2006 @ 05:13 PM
imashyboi415

your asking a bunch of basic questions.... go do a internship and learn the trade and then start your own store.

This sounds like a real good way to get in the game. I might actually do that.
October 11, 2006 @ 05:14 PM
imashyboi415

..Crooks, FF, GrnAppleTree, Diamond, Mishka, 10 Deep, Stussy, and TH...

can i say band-wagon jumper?

its nice to dream..

and its also nice to actually do your dream. >sad

real talk, opening a website is not that easy, especially an online store.

because its much harder, then just having ppl come from ISS, NT and HB to your site and you makin' a living. SMH.

So what if I jock the same brands everyone else likes? I don't think that makes me a band-wagon jumper. Besides, If I can't get those brands then I'll move into other upcoming brands. There are always new competitors in the market who's ready to take another ones spot.
October 11, 2006 @ 11:19 PM
bape_boi

ay yo shyboi you good at website design?
October 12, 2006 @ 02:10 AM
imashyboi415

ay yo shyboi you good at website design?

Nope but my brother is. He's a computer wiz and is now making 85k doin what he loves. I'm sure I can pick up the codes if I really have to. I'm not good in designing but we can work around that.
October 12, 2006 @ 12:15 PM
newera84

I'm not good in designing but we can work around that.

cash always works .. but yeah you should do woould be alot of fun ..
October 12, 2006 @ 12:44 PM
QnzHypeBeast

dam kid ... ill never ask ya ll for advice ...... tell him what he can not cant do

Please login first to reply.