Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
October 4, 2006 @ 02:51 PM
Emperor

from 10 Deep

THE FEEDING FRENZY BEGINS... So a few months back, Puffy had his personal buyer come through the office pick up some gear for his trip to Miami. We heard he was strutting around wearing the Red/White Bully Rugby on Making the Band. Next thing we see is him in Nylon wearing our Knuckle Up jeans, with the brand being credited as Sean John. No matter, accidents happen, mistakes are made. Puff was running around repping for The Deep. We thought that was cool, but then we see THIS (NOTE: this was one of the shirts he'd picked up earlier).

Man, Puff! We thought we was folk! Let it be known that there are sharks in the water! Let the feeding frenzy begin!

SMH!!
October 4, 2006 @ 02:55 PM
emmanuelabor

wow.

granted, that phrase isnt at all orginal to 10Deep, but c'mon man...thats greasy on SJ's part IMO
October 4, 2006 @ 02:56 PM
Amel

sue him for few mils

get it all!
October 4, 2006 @ 02:57 PM
tommyroks

w0w..that diddy man is dirrrrty!!!

but it is fashion everyone jock everyone.
October 4, 2006 @ 03:06 PM
modernART

ehh, it's really a matter of "WHAT GOES AROUND, COMES AROUND"

When a big named brand bites, there's mass hysteria over it and people calling it a "dirty" move, but the irony is that when all these smaller (hypebeast-type) brands do it, it's noted as "cool" or "ACCEPTABLE."

I mean come on, look at all these "copy and paste" type brands and whatnot.

I'm NOT saying 10 deep is guilty of being this type of brand or deserves this to happen, but OVERALL in the whole "STREET WEAR" scene, shit like this happens all the time. But now since Sean John bites, everyone gets wild.

Something's not right with that
October 4, 2006 @ 03:07 PM
p2theda

puff had THE NEW BREED like 3 years ago

but thats defenitly a bite.
October 4, 2006 @ 03:09 PM

Inactive

If 10 Deep, Hundreds, Mishka, Might H, etc. did a SJ graphic and slapped their logo on it people would be mad too. If SJ wants to take an idea and flip it, cool but dont bite shit.
October 4, 2006 @ 03:11 PM
DeNfAcTa

[mase] WOWWW [/mase]
October 4, 2006 @ 03:16 PM
modernART

If 10 Deep, Hundreds, Mishka, Might H, etc. did a SJ graphic and slapped their logo on it people would be mad too. If SJ wants to take an idea and flip it, cool but dont bite shit.

I don't know, Dum. I'm kind of skeptical on that. If anything, I think people would be moreso angry or shocked at the fact that those kinds of brands are even associating with SJ or catching creative ideas from them, rather than being mad at them for just biting SJ. Cause I don't think they'd care, I bet a commonality amongst responses would be, "Oh well, who cares, Diddy is rich anyways"
October 4, 2006 @ 03:23 PM
Beez

coincidental? nahh.

twitter @brandohnn findme. injc*

October 4, 2006 @ 03:34 PM
drifter

I feel the main reason why Puff's clothing line is held at a different standard is due to the fact that they are at a higher level. They have the funds to get new ideas and have designers etc. So for them to bit as blatantly as they did is different than if a small time line did. You are put to a higher standard when your company makes millions as compared to companies that make far less.

Plus SJ sucks anyways.
October 4, 2006 @ 03:51 PM
rasclaaat

I've been down with 10Deep crew for some time now but this comes as no surprise - this is exactly how the fashion world works. The big commercial mainstream guys bite from the smaller cutting edge guys. This is pretty fucking blatant, but imitation is the highest form of flattery after all. Puffy shoulda just invested in 10Deep or asked them to do designs for him but he's a business man first, and a really sucky emcee second. This is the same as his approach to sampling in a way...

But swaggerjacking is the name of the game...just look how Triumvir are eating off of BAPE's success...
October 4, 2006 @ 04:04 PM
The Dude

10 deep should just bite 50's title and come out with a shirt that reads "New Breed" like that dvd 50 had a while back.
October 4, 2006 @ 04:04 PM
emmanuelabor

I understand the recycling of concepts...thats to be expected on every level
but they didnt even change up the lay-out. Im surprised they used a different font. If they'd used the same phrase, but laid it out differently, I woulda shrugged my shoulders and kept it movin, but this is wrong.
October 4, 2006 @ 04:10 PM

Inactive

saw that yesterday. fucked up, but like dude said, diddy is known for sampling..I wonder if he'll pay for this sample? Maybe that will end Young Joc jockin of 10 Deep
October 4, 2006 @ 05:15 PM
Edward Chiu

Who buys SJ now a days anyway? SJ is wack
October 4, 2006 @ 05:22 PM
GORILLARMS

wow.

granted, that phrase isnt at all orginal to 10Deep, but c'mon man...thats greasy on SJ's part IMO

co-sign most streetwear brands are swaggerjacking from hiphop rapper
October 4, 2006 @ 06:28 PM
harlemhustla6

it doesnt matter cuz he can make as much biting tees and all over prints that he wnts but HE STILL AINT GONNA SELL, NOW
October 4, 2006 @ 07:17 PM
Fishscale

I saw this shirt not to long ago, I think it was at department store at the mall but I really can't recall. It really doesn't bother me though...now if I started seeing a bunch of "urban" brands doing it now that's a different story. I can see it now, the new Enyce paisley or Akademiks using the Murko mascot.
October 4, 2006 @ 07:19 PM
Imperial

no one will buy it anyway buts hes still dirty for that.
October 4, 2006 @ 07:38 PM
franklin

thats sad
October 4, 2006 @ 07:41 PM
ackbar

I saw this shirt not to long ago, I think it was at department store at the mall but I really can't recall. It really doesn't bother me though...now if I started seeing a bunch of "urban" brands doing it now that's a different story. I can see it now, the new Enyce paisley or Akademiks using the Murko mascot.

hmm...
plenty of "urban" brands have used paisley before.
October 4, 2006 @ 08:11 PM

Inactive

[mase] WOWWW [/mase]
[mase]cmon cmon[/mase]
October 4, 2006 @ 08:22 PM

Inactive

10 Deep should make a T shirt to retaliate the SJ bite like a shirt that says "Swagger Jacker" in the Sean John script.
October 4, 2006 @ 08:31 PM
ballday

no one will buy it anyway buts hes still dirty for that.

u buggin...just cuz it aint no trendy boutique brand dont think peeps dont buy his shit...his brand still brings in millions...most people dont buy or even know what 10deep is
October 4, 2006 @ 09:21 PM
B.Hicks

^yeh, i was just about to say that. all these brands have plenty of prettyboy thug and highschool flyguy consumers. it'll sell.

and yeh, it's grimey but aaaaye.. it's the most sincere form of flattery.
October 4, 2006 @ 10:09 PM
jjs home

10 deep really can't say shit they damn selves because they've bittend companies just the same way
October 4, 2006 @ 10:10 PM
nextup85

Thats fuked up I remeber when ecko bit off 3 sixteen's shiit a while back, I think its kinda dope though how major brands look to independant ones for inspiration, kinda like when nike biting gabriel urist's steez so we could all afford one....
October 4, 2006 @ 10:31 PM
DaVinci

thats a young jeezy song, before the fall line of 10 deep
October 4, 2006 @ 11:33 PM
B.Hicks

i'm sure "Young Jeezy" didn't coin the phrase "Last of a Dying Breed." come now...

Please login first to reply.