FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
August 30, 2012 @ 12:27 PM
neliuss

@santa yeahh I actually like the dark navys even better than the chinos, I thought it would be the other way around when I ordered them haha.

PS: why does your username change to 'santa' when I tag you?
August 30, 2012 @ 01:44 PM
Major

@neliuss the chinos look extremely dope i'm getting mine in less than an hour
August 30, 2012 @ 02:16 PM
Triangle

@neliuss Cause my username and display name are different haha.
August 30, 2012 @ 02:19 PM
Major

just got my chinos in the mail, i'm only 5'10 so the drop crotch is pretty low but the pants are dope
August 30, 2012 @ 02:41 PM
neliuss

just got my chinos in the mail, i'm only 5'10 so the drop crotch is pretty low but the pants are dope

Yeah I'm about 5'10 as well, and the drop crotch is pretty low indeed, but I have no problem walking in them as long as I don't take big steps.
August 30, 2012 @ 02:52 PM
Major

Yeah I'm about 5'10 as well, and the drop crotch is pretty low indeed, but I have no problem walking in them as long as I don't take big steps.

yeah and they are really soft
August 30, 2012 @ 07:52 PM
deracs

@deracs Aye ups to you for actually coming on and posting on behalf of ILU. Also, I read on the site that the all white cap was only avaliable via the site or the physical store, how is it that I found this cap on another site?

Where abouts did you find it?

@deracs nice to see someone from the ILU team on the forum! and thanks for explaining why you guys had to switch to China for hat manufacturing. Besides the nice designs, the overall good quality is one of the main reasons why I love ILU.

Thanks man. Yeah we have some quality goods dropping very soon that we spent a lot of time on perfecting.

my order came in from NZ to Canada in 5 days, holy shit that was fast. bought them at http://shop.thanksyo.com/
yet to try the zespys on but I can say that they are shorter than I was expecting which is a good thing because I was expecting them to be super long. hopefully they fit me well.

edit: first impressions having them on, they are really restrictive in your walking and movements which hopefully will loosen up after a few wears. still not sure how I feel, though they are really soft so thats nice. Another problem is taking a piss, it's a bit of a pain since theres no zipper fly and the pants are tight as it is so keep that in mind.

Estimated delivery date of my order is august 29, so only 2 more days of waiting.
Can't wait to try the zespys on, good to hear they are shorter than expected, the length was one of my concerns as well.
They say the pants are tightest in the first few hours, and then will loosen up to a better fit.

Didn't know they switched to a chinese manufacturer for the caps, how's the quality compared to the older ones?
Even though I'm all about supporting local manufacturers, I can't blame them if the quality is just as good, all their stuff is made in china.

Yo guys,

I work for ilu and basically the main reason we switched to China is because no one in Auckland could facilitate our orders. We still dealt direct with our hat manufacturer but they made sure we found a quality manufacturer who can make them. Then one of our guys flew to China to over see everything to ensure the whole process went smooth.

Quality is our main goal. So nothing is spared. Hence why we offer quality guarantees with all of our garments.

Let me know if you have any questions. Will gladly answer any.

Hey what's up I received the wrong size Zepsys and I had to pay out of my pocket to ship them back to you guys, is there any way I can get the extra money I spent on shipping compensated?

What was your order number bro. Can investigate and let you know.
August 30, 2012 @ 09:15 PM
Major

@neliuss your chinos seem to fit a bit slimmer than mine, if you don't mind whats ur weight?
August 30, 2012 @ 09:37 PM
neliuss

@neliuss your chinos seem to fit a bit slimmer than mine, if you don't mind whats ur weight?

Not sure exactly, but I'm a slim guy, I think a little over 60kg (132 lbs), and I wear zespy size M.
August 30, 2012 @ 09:39 PM
Major

Not sure exactly, but I'm a slim guy, I think a little over 60kg (132 lbs), and I wear zespy size M.

mine are a bit baggier for some reason im 5'10 and like 140 and got a small but oh well i still love em
August 31, 2012 @ 12:01 AM
Triangle

@deracs I don't want to post the link here in case someone lurking gets at it before me, but I'll send you a message.
August 31, 2012 @ 04:19 AM
Major

did yours loosen up like mine? i had a similar fit to the one in your pic but now they are looser sad how bout you?
August 31, 2012 @ 04:24 AM
Major

what do you guys think of my zespy fit? (sorry for shitty imac pic)
August 31, 2012 @ 08:04 AM
neliuss

did yours loosen up like mine? i had a similar fit to the one in your pic but now they are looser sad how bout you?

I dunno, I haven't worn them yesterday, just tried them on for a few minutes.
Gonna wear one today, so I'll let you know!

The fit of your zespys looks fine to me.
September 1, 2012 @ 12:53 PM
neliuss

@major mine did loosen up a bit as well, not a lot though. They're just easier to walk in now, but still look pretty much the same.
September 2, 2012 @ 09:25 AM
Batmandrei

@neliuss your pants look mean as on you bro!

Lorde fan by default

September 2, 2012 @ 03:35 PM
neliuss

@alejandrei Haha thanks mate! I'm really happy with them.

Looking forward to the new parka jackets!
Coming in dark maroon, dark navy and beige.

September 2, 2012 @ 08:09 PM
Major

parka is cool but i want them to restock button ups like this http://www.iloveugly.net/1246-Old-Navy-Shirt.html
September 2, 2012 @ 10:08 PM
neliuss

parka is cool but i want them to restock button ups like this http://www.iloveugly.net/1246-Old-Navy-Shirt.html

Yeah and like this http://www.iloveugly.net/964-Short-Sleeve-Shirt-Black.html
and this http://www.iloveugly.net/1326-Ink-Pen-Shirt.html
September 4, 2012 @ 04:31 AM
the_junglist

And 2 pictures of me wearing the chino zespys, I'm actually very happy with them.
Gonna try the jonty pants next time.

nice fit
September 4, 2012 @ 05:34 AM
hypreme

@neliuss dope fit on the zespys. i'm more of a jonty man myself, i don't know if it's because my style has matured or what - because i have owned a few pairs - but i think it's partly due to the lack of practicality of the zespys and the fact that over here in new zealand they're predominantly worn by annoying little herb teens.

http://werobthieves.tumblr.com/

September 4, 2012 @ 05:37 AM
frankieBRKLYN

@neliuss dope fit on the zespys. i'm more of a jonty man myself, i don't know if it's because my style has matured or what - because i have owned a few pairs - but i think it's partly due to the lack of practicality of the zespys and the fact that over here in new zealand they're predominantly worn by annoying little herb teens.

@hypreme How do the Jonty's fit? Have heard they fit really tight
September 4, 2012 @ 05:48 AM
hypreme

Nope not at all. They are a nice slim cut in the thigh/seat area and taper slightly down to the leg opening. I think the leg opening is about the same size as the zespys, perhaps just slightly larger, which is what I like because I hate pants that are all loose at the ankles. They look so clean - I love it. Great for athletic dudes too who have don't have chicken legs.

September 4, 2012 @ 06:05 AM
magmar

Nope not at all. They are a nice slim cut in the thigh/seat area and taper slightly down to the leg opening. I think the leg opening is about the same size as the zespys, perhaps just slightly larger, which is what I like because I hate pants that are all loose at the ankles. They look so clean - I love it. Great for athletic dudes too who have don't have chicken legs.

ahh, I might check a pair out then, my biggest concern with them was that they called them a straight pant and I'm more of a slim/skinny myself since my legs are so skinny, straight pants look way too baggy on me. and if I can walk up stairs in them, that's even better lol.
September 4, 2012 @ 06:22 AM
hypreme

ahh, I might check a pair out then, my biggest concern with them was that they called them a straight pant and I'm more of a slim/skinny myself since my legs are so skinny, straight pants look way too baggy on me. and if I can walk up stairs in them, that's even better lol.

yeah I was a bit wary of the fact that they described them as "straight" but if anything they are straight in the thigh and subtly taper down at the ankles. of course the taper isn't as strong as the zespys but still definitely a slight taper to give them a slimmer tone. they really are perfect for any occasion; also much more comfortable than the zespys. i've already copped the tobacco and just purchased a chino pair today.

September 4, 2012 @ 06:45 AM
Batmandrei

@hypreme I know exactly what you mean when you say "annoying little herb teens". Especially those 13-16 year olds fully kitted up in Lower and Federation who walk around like they're the sh*t (I know I'm wearing Lower jeans in my DP but I sold them a long time ago). Sucks how it's happening to I Love Ugly as well though...

Lorde fan by default

September 4, 2012 @ 07:00 AM
twoflies

@alejandrei Dont understand why you need to tell people that you sold your jeans along time ago. If you like the brand then you like it, no-ones here to judge.

A wolf in sheep's clothing.

September 4, 2012 @ 07:02 AM
twoflies

I love their attention to detail. Shits always on point.

A wolf in sheep's clothing.

September 4, 2012 @ 07:28 AM
Batmandrei

@twoflies I'm sorry that you don't understand why I told him that I sold my jeans a long time ago.

I love their attention to detail. Shits always on point.

I think they just released short sleeve shirts with the print of the foxes used on this shirt. Pretty keen to get it but nah. Does look mean though.

Lorde fan by default

September 4, 2012 @ 07:29 AM
neliuss

Thanks mate! Gonna try the jonty pants next time. Zespys aren't the most practical pants indeed, so I wouldn't want to own an entire wardrobe of zespys, but I'm very happy with these 2 pairs.
Thankfully I haven't seen any people wearing zespys over here yet, but I'm afraid it's only a matter of time before other people will find out about ILU.

Please login first to reply.