January 1, 2013 @ 09:57 PM
M.

I honestly don't know, but I have a strong feeling that they'll be low. If they are, I might get those black ones. cool

muhstakes.tumblr.com

January 1, 2013 @ 10:21 PM
Iarumas

I'll wait to buy my grams until I get to see ILU's cool
January 2, 2013 @ 11:30 PM
castxaway

Hey all, looking to buy some zespys but need help with sizing

I'm 5'11", 160 lbs, with about a 32/33 waist. From what I've seen I'm on the fine line between medium and large. Leaning towards the large because it seems every pair of pants I get shrinks after 1 or 2 washes to the point where they're way too tight and I don't even want to wear them anymore.

Any input would be appreciated!
January 2, 2013 @ 11:41 PM
tiberius93

there's a lot of info on sizing a few pages back but i would go large if you want to be able to walk easier in them.. you can do the drawstrings up a bit which will help and wash in hot water to shrink if they're too big

UFO's and Paradiddles.

January 2, 2013 @ 11:50 PM
Gli x Azzurri

My order has been stuck in Memphis since December 28th because of a clearance delay. 

Is this normal..? confused
January 3, 2013 @ 10:51 AM
ackbou

I just received my bomber jacket, it's really nice but I got kinda surprised by the Fedex taxes ! Almost 1/3 of the bomber's price sad
But really great jacket thought !
January 3, 2013 @ 11:35 AM
tiberius93

anyone bought the board shorts? i need new ones but just wondering if they will actually dry out quickly..

EDIT: just bought the navy stripe boardshorts.. not feeling the fruit that much but i'm sure they'll be dope

UFO's and Paradiddles.

January 3, 2013 @ 12:49 PM
Sunareht

I just received my bomber jacket, it's really nice but I got kinda surprised by the Fedex taxes ! Almost 1/3 of the bomber's price
But really great jacket thought !
Same here the jacket is dope but I had to pay so much to Fedex that ruined it a bit.
January 3, 2013 @ 12:49 PM
Sunareht

Apparently it's french customs taxes. Thanks to them I'll think about it twice next time I'll buy some ILU
January 3, 2013 @ 01:20 PM
ackbou

Apparently it's french customs taxes. Thanks to them I'll think about it twice next time I'll buy some ILU
Yep, it's actually the first time I order from their official website ! Usually, I order from other stockists but never had to pay anything else sad 

So Mr. Fedex, if you read this : LOWER YOUR TAXES BRO !
January 3, 2013 @ 02:01 PM
Sunareht

Where are those stockist located ? It was the first time I bought something from New Zealand.
January 3, 2013 @ 02:20 PM
ackbou

Where are those stockist located ? It was the first time I bought something from New Zealand.
It's just Fedex, not the location. I already ordered from websites like Fallentfront (http://www.fallenfront.co.nz/) and Deadstock (http://deadstock.co.nz/) located in NZ, and no taxes at all. So you might as well try their if your not specially looking for an item that was just realeased recently 
January 3, 2013 @ 02:45 PM
Iarumas

Got my Ralph pants, a little too big in the waist but I'm skinny as FUCK.
Overall, really good looking, not too tight, real classy.
January 3, 2013 @ 04:00 PM
Gli x Azzurri

Waittt we have to pay FedEx taxes when they deliver our ILU?

Da fuck.
January 3, 2013 @ 06:09 PM
ackbou

Da fuck.
Yep. I live in France. My package weighted 1 Kg (I think the fact that it was made of wool may have changed the price too) and I had to pay 32 euros for VAT, 10 euros for "Cash on Delivery" (I think you call it like that) and finally 1,96 euros for another VAT thingy for a total of 43,96 euros which is about 58 USD that I had to give to the postman
January 3, 2013 @ 06:58 PM
Gli x Azzurri

Da fuck.
Yep. I live in France. My package weighted 1 Kg (I think the fact that it was made of wool may have changed the price too) and I had to pay 32 euros for VAT, 10 euros for "Cash on Delivery" (I think you call it like that) and finally 1,96 euros for another VAT thingy for a total of 43,96 euros which is about 58 USD that I had to give to the postman
That is bullshit wow. You'd think ILU would put that somewhere on their site.
January 3, 2013 @ 07:08 PM
ackbou

Well actually they do : "IMPORT CHARGES : If you are purchasing I Love Ugly products and you live outside of New Zealand please be aware of any import duties and taxes that may be charged on delivery into your country. These charges depend on your country's import legislation and are not covered by I Love Ugly Ltd." (http://www.iloveugly.net/delivery-and-returns)

BUT, I didn't find any place to calculate it an know the amount I was going to pay before I received my package... I probably won't order from their official website. I also ordered a cap, I'll see how much it'll cost me (hopefully not too much)
January 3, 2013 @ 09:21 PM
tiberius93

Yeah every country is different so maybe check your customs website or FedEx might have a spot where they show the charges... I haven't been charged yet but I'm from Australia and we have a good thing going with NZ haha

UFO's and Paradiddles.

January 3, 2013 @ 11:20 PM
Triangle

Haha yeah we do Tiber.
January 4, 2013 @ 12:20 AM
dpc1192

coupon code????
January 4, 2013 @ 12:28 AM
dpc1192

also don't you guys think the drop crotch pants are a little homo?
January 4, 2013 @ 02:11 AM
Major

Nope not at all
January 4, 2013 @ 08:24 AM
M.

Well actually they do : "IMPORT CHARGES : If you are purchasing I Love Ugly products and you live outside of New Zealand please be aware of any import duties and taxes that may be charged on delivery into your country. These charges depend on your country's import legislation and are not covered by I Love Ugly Ltd." (http://www.iloveugly.net/delivery-and-returns)

BUT, I didn't find any place to calculate it an know the amount I was going to pay before I received my package... I probably won't order from their official website. I also ordered a cap, I'll see how much it'll cost me (hopefully not too much)
I just checked on my online statement, my import charges were $2.84 total for the Ralph pants I received the other day. So you're using a bank card by any chance, you can check what's the total there. I assume it based on what the package weighs. Just do some calculations as my order only weighed a little under 1lb.

muhstakes.tumblr.com

January 4, 2013 @ 10:04 AM
overflow

Import charges have nothing to do with the weight of the package, but the value of the package.

Because FedEx is a premium service, it always pre-clears your shipment with customs so it's much harder to avoid customs tax. Sending it with normal, slow airmail can often avoid customs charges (as they'd have to literally open the package to work out what is in it, and what to charge) but there's no tracking etc..

I always check them using this website, it's really helpful and seems to cover most countries... had a quick look and it looks like the EU is really harsh on importing anything that originates outside the EU, and since ILU is from NZ...  http://www.dutycalculator.com/help_center/Import-duty-taxes-when-importing-into-the-United-States/
http://www.dutycalculator.com/help_center/Import-duty-taxes-when-importing-into-the-United-Kingdom/

Someone should email ILU and ask them if there are any ways to avoid these charges...? I'm sure there's a way!
January 4, 2013 @ 04:18 PM
ukbam

I import a lot of stuff from out side the EU (Mostly clothing or airsoft guns) and I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that they base whether to charge you or not based on whether your parcel is marked with a worth £20 more, this is probably just a value used for the UK though. Most of my stuff barely ever got charged but in the past year it seems customs have cracked down, almost everything I've ordered has been held until they can squeeze the money out of me. I usually get charged between £15 and £30 on stuff, it is based on the value of the item stated by the sender. I guess ILU could avoid getting us customs charges by 'changing' the stated value of the parcel to something far lower but I'm pretty sure they could get done for it :/
January 4, 2013 @ 10:35 PM
romecastille

I sometimes ship stuff overseas and customers always request to lower the value of the package cause that's what the customs usually base their charges on.
January 5, 2013 @ 12:25 PM
neliuss

I sometimes ship stuff overseas and customers always request to lower the value of the package cause that's what the customs usually base their charges on.
Yeah the charges are based in the value of the package/item, but it's illegal to lower the value of the package. Most of the time customs won't even find out about it, but if they do, your company is screwed.
ILU ships packages internationally on a daily basis, so I'm sure they won't take that risk.
January 5, 2013 @ 11:28 PM
dpc1192

Dark navy, dark grey, army, or maroon ?

First pair of Zespys about to order them but can't decide what will be most verstile. Was thinking maybe dark navy regular zespys first then I could replace jeans with them and then later on get grey track pants if I do like the fit..
January 5, 2013 @ 11:43 PM
dpc1192

So indecisive. 
January 6, 2013 @ 12:49 AM
M.

If you're talking about Track Zespys overall, IMO I would go with the Navy Tracks. They're nice I would of gotten those if I didn't buy the Charcoal ones before hand. 

Zespys Tracks run a little big, so I recommend to size down BUT if you're worried about them shrinking stay TTS or cold wash hang dry them. But they are much easier to walk in them as compared to the regular ones. I find myself struggling to go upstairs in the regular Zespys, especially if I'm in a hurry.

Oh by the way, aren't you the one that said drop crotch was a little homo in the last page?

muhstakes.tumblr.com

Please login first to reply.