SALE - Up to 70% Off - Shop Now
August 8, 2012 @ 09:25 PM
neliuss

Ok thanks for the info mate! yeah they have drawstring indeed
August 8, 2012 @ 09:31 PM
The Ders

@otyson Would you suggest sizing up on the Jonty's?
August 8, 2012 @ 10:42 PM
JohnCitizen

@madlib Yea size up if you are in between sizes. The waist doesn't shrink or expand at all and they don't have draw string (unlike zespys).
August 8, 2012 @ 11:04 PM
The Ders

@madlib Yea size up if you are in between sizes. The waist doesn't shrink or expand at all and they don't have draw string (unlike zespys).

@otyson So if I'm at 36 id get a XXL instead of XL? Just worried about the length
August 9, 2012 @ 02:23 AM
JohnCitizen

@madlib If you were worried about them being too long id suggest grabbing the 36" because the pants are quite long. Then again the length only differs 0.5cm between sizes.
August 9, 2012 @ 02:39 AM
unemployedisback

i can't fuck with that name doe

''i love ugly''

really?
August 9, 2012 @ 07:25 AM
neliuss

@madlib If you were worried about them being too long id suggest grabbing the 36" because the pants are quite long. Then again the length only differs 0.5cm between sizes.

I think the length measurements are in inches, so it's 0.5 inch difference between sizes, still not a lot though.

''i love ugly''

really?

I actually like the name, it's different. And it fits the brand, even though it's a bit of an odd name for a brand, they make it work really well.
August 9, 2012 @ 07:32 AM
The Ders

I think the length measurements are in inches, so it's 0.5 inch difference between sizes, still not a lot though.

''i love ugly''

really?

I actually like the name, it's different. And it fits the brand, even though it's a bit of an odd name for a brand, they make it work really well.

Yeah doesn't seem that bad, but like he said they seem to fit a bit tight, and I'm not a very skinny guy haha. Does anyone know or have an idea if they will restock some of the sold out colorways? Like the Zespy Chinos etc
August 9, 2012 @ 09:47 AM
neliuss

@madlib this month the 12th, they will release moss green, tabacco, navy, and chino zespy's.
August 9, 2012 @ 11:03 AM
Batmandrei

Hey guyyys just thought I'd give you a little info about the brand (my own knowledge)

Zespy's are quite a unique fit and you should size up to be able to walk properly, the tighter they are the harder it is to walk and walking up stairs is such a hassle thanks to the reinforced drop crotch which does not ever stretch. They are longer than other pants which are designed to bunch up. Each drop of the Zespy pant has a unique pocket lining. The shirts are mean as, my Saki shirt actually is very tight around the neck which is a bit wierd as it's the same size as my other button-ups that aren't so too tight around the neck, so this might mean that you have to size up the shirts aswell? I don't know lol. Jonty's don't look that great to me and I reckon Zespy pants are the way to go.

The brands Facebook page made a wall post a few months back saying that they will be doing monthly drops for the next 8 months and pretty much EVERYTHING is limited so you have to get in quick before they sell out because when they do you may have to wait months for them to restock the same product you want. I reckon it's sort of a good thing so that not everyone will be wearing the same thing. They typically release their products on a Tuesday, 8 pm New Zealand time. So most of the dates they say on their Facebook page are guesstimates of when their releasing their clothes (before they said there dropping the new Zespy run on August 10, now they say AROUND the 12th of August)

Check out this video of how to wear Zespy pants, it's crackup.

Glad to be living in NZ atm smile

Lorde fan by default

August 9, 2012 @ 11:12 AM
VOMITSPIT

''i love ugly''

really?

this is my favorite part about the brand.
August 9, 2012 @ 12:36 PM
neliuss

@alejandrei Haha I love Mo and his videos, the videos with Tom Scott of Home Brew crack me up as well!

For anyone who wants to know a bit more about the guys and story behind ILU, check out this video.
tvnz.co.nz/breakfast-news/growing-business-i-love-ugly-video-4773605
August 9, 2012 @ 09:41 PM
Batmandrei

@neliuss Yeah hard hahaha but they stopped releasing vids. Mean brand, going worldwide unlike other brands only popular here in NZ. Keen for new drop!

Lorde fan by default

August 9, 2012 @ 10:05 PM
kudzu

''i love ugly''

really?

this is my favorite part about the brand.

this
August 10, 2012 @ 03:52 PM
neliuss

@alejandrei Yeah I hope they'll make some new videos in the future. They'll get only bigger from now on.

New hats dropped today, looking great as always! Waiting for the zespy pants to drop now, so I can spend some money haha.
August 10, 2012 @ 03:58 PM
magmar

sweet, planning to buy a hat and maybe a pair of zespys too.. dont know if i want to take the risk though.. edit, nvm, they dont have my size anyway. actually, screw it. I'll save my money this time. I might regret it though.
August 10, 2012 @ 04:14 PM
neliuss

sweet, planning to buy a hat and maybe a pair of zespys too.. dont know if i want to take the risk though.. edit, nvm, they dont have my size anyway. actually, screw it. I'll save my money this time. I might regret it though.

New zespy's are coming in the next few days, so all sizes will be available again.
The only thing I'm worried about is the length, I usually wear 34 in length, so the zespy's are about 9 inches longer, and I'm a pretty small guy.
But I'll just give it a try, I like them too much not to try.
August 10, 2012 @ 04:17 PM
magmar

New zespy's are coming in the next few days, so all sizes will be available again.
The only thing I'm worried about is the length, I usually wear 34 in length, so the zespy's are about 9 inches longer, and I'm a pretty small guy.
But I'll just give it a try, I like them too much not to try.

same here.. and I'm a 32 length, even worse. I'm just worried the drop crotch is too low because of the length. I mean if its too long I can always roll it up or get it hemmed or something. hm, if theyre releasing them in the next few days then I might consider them. hopefully the hats will still be in stock.
August 10, 2012 @ 07:29 PM
Batmandrei

@neliuss yeah hard bro they look mean aye haha, might pop up to the store.

@magmar they have a hassle free returns policy where you can try them and if they don't fit or whatever you can send them back for store credit or another size.

I have mates that are pretty short but the zespys look great on them so I reckon it won't be a problem for you guys haha.

Lorde fan by default

August 12, 2012 @ 06:52 AM
kaleljorel71

if anyone has the lulu cap and wants to sell it, hit me up smile
August 13, 2012 @ 01:58 AM
Major

so if im a 30 in width normally would it be too much to size up to a medium?
August 13, 2012 @ 04:35 AM
Batmandrei

@kaleljorel71 yo theres one on Trademe (like Ebay here in NZ) dunno if he'd ship internationally though. Lulu Cap

Lorde fan by default

August 13, 2012 @ 05:20 AM
kaleljorel71

@kaleljorel71 yo theres one on Trademe (like Ebay here in NZ) dunno if he'd ship internationally though. Lulu Cap

THANK YOU! cool
August 13, 2012 @ 06:02 AM
Batmandrei

@kaleljorel71 Allgood che! Btw there's always alot of ILU gear on Trademe so have a look from time to time for old goodies thats sold out everywhere.

Lorde fan by default

August 13, 2012 @ 07:00 AM
neliuss

Hey, I'm a 31 in width, and I've had contact with the ILU customer service, they advise to size up to medium. The waist will be a little lose, but has drawstring, so you can easily tighten it. The rest of the fit will be more comfortable & easier to move in.

Everyone on the forum advises to size up as well, so I think it's safe to say you should size up.

Hope this helps.
August 13, 2012 @ 07:01 AM
kaleljorel71

^ DOPE. Thanks for the tip, i appreciate it
August 13, 2012 @ 09:30 AM
Batmandrei

BTW GUYS. New Zespy drop most likely to be tomorrow (Tuesday in NZ) at 8pm omgomgomgomgomg I'm so excited haha. If not sorry to get your hopes up smile

Lorde fan by default

August 13, 2012 @ 09:34 AM
Batmandrei

and waffle knits already out on this website!

ILU Knit drop!

Lorde fan by default

August 13, 2012 @ 04:32 PM
Major

Hey, I'm a 31 in width, and I've had contact with the ILU customer service, they advise to size up to medium. The waist will be a little lose, but has drawstring, so you can easily tighten it. The rest of the fit will be more comfortable & easier to move in.

Everyone on the forum advises to size up as well, so I think it's safe to say you should size up.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot
August 13, 2012 @ 05:39 PM
neliuss

BTW GUYS. New Zespy drop most likely to be tomorrow (Tuesday in NZ) at 8pm omgomgomgomgomg I'm so excited haha. If not sorry to get your hopes up smile

I hope you're right, can't wait!
2 of the new hats are sold out already, they're selling fast.

Please login first to reply.