Are all BAPE clothing Made in Japan?

March 19, 2006 @ 22:24:32
There is a GENERAL MADE jacket that Pondon was selling that has a tag that says Made in China.

So the authencity of it is in question.

Are all Bape clothing Made in Japan? or are some of the apparel Made in China?

Someone who knows this stuff, please lemme know~! Thanks.
March 19, 2006 @ 22:28:30
Little known fact:

A lot of the bape products are actually made and manufactured in Cheyenne, Wyoming.
March 19, 2006 @ 22:46:57

Inactive User

anyone has more info on this?
March 19, 2006 @ 22:53:35
I was always wondering that question too.. An inside source tells me that all BAPE garments (t-shirts, hoodies etc) are made in China, than the garments are shipped to Japan for the design and printing. Source tells me that they claim 40% of the garment is created in China, while Japan lays the rest of the work which is 60% in Japan. Therefore, Bape is able to use a Made in Japan tag plus Japan CA tags..
March 19, 2006 @ 23:09:34

Inactive User

Originally posted by Inactive User
Little known fact:

A lot of the bape products are actually made and manufactured in Cheyenne, Wyoming.

ha
March 19, 2006 @ 23:35:02

Inactive User

yea...used to be china....
i remember reading somewhere that said that they move out of china cause of all the fake...not sure....
March 20, 2006 @ 05:12:12
i bought a stadium jacket from london bws which is made in china
March 20, 2006 @ 06:18:57
i know some stuff are made in thailand. i was out there couple years ago before bape got this big, ppl that worked in the factories were stealing the shirts and selling it on the streets for like 5 bucks.
March 20, 2006 @ 08:17:47
As far as I am concerned, there is a certain rule for garment, if companies claim something to be made in a specific country, they have to be made in that country.

But Bape has started production in China, some garments are labelled as Made in China nowadays.

And Bape footwear production line will soon be moved to Korea, due to the problem of replication in China.
March 20, 2006 @ 09:03:46
Originally posted by Inactive User
i know some stuff are made in thailand. i was out there couple years ago before bape got this big, ppl that worked in the factories were stealing the shirts and selling it on the streets for like 5 bucks.


i never believed that someone would ever came up with this...

i tell you my mang mang. sumemr 2005 i copped some bape shirts at a bmx store, where they mainly sell fox race suits, in indonesia for like $7-10,-, it was for me harder then my wooden to believe that the shit was legit, but it was, the (ape)tags, colours, screenprints etc., everything was legit :shocked: .

i was so curious about it and asked the employees how they get their bape shit (they didnt even knew bape was such a worldwide hype), but they only answered "yeah, this is their latest line awesome colours here we have some more check this and that".

later a dude came to me and wondered why i only took the same brand and as soon i finished my explaination he took me behind the store and showed me a 1 of 1 professional haro bmx with a red all over bape camo that they sell for like $1200,-. i immediately felt my stomach rotating and my head dizzying around the room..

i just thought that i paid for production costs of the shirt orso, but still have my doubts.. it's a vague business :confused:
March 20, 2006 @ 14:16:25
Originally posted by Inactive User
later on dude came to me and wondered why i only took the same brand and as soon i finished my explaination he took me behind the store and showed me a 1 of 1 professional haro bmx with a red all over bape camo that they sell for like $1200,-. i immediately felt my stomach rotating and my head dizzying around the room..


You should be happy that the guy didn't take you to show you "The Gimp" (pulp fiction reference). :dance:
March 20, 2006 @ 14:53:49
Originally posted by Inactive User
Little known fact:

A lot of the bape products are actually made and manufactured in Cheyenne, Wyoming.


what made you figured that?

by the way the bape sneakers are made in china.....there are jackets made in china also...but as for the tshirts they're usually have made in japan tags.

i want more info on this too.....so let's hear it all!!! :stoneface:
March 20, 2006 @ 16:49:06
A very small amount of pieces are made in canada
March 21, 2006 @ 01:04:31
it's official guys...

NOT all Bape is Made in Japan

Inside source told me the Bape beanies are specifically made in China.
And apparently some jackets are made in China and Thailand as well.

And dude, you're crazy for going into a "back room" with some stranger in a foreign country. :warn:

:D
Please login first to reply.
x