Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
May 22, 2012 @ 06:29 PM
troythesandman

Salutaions Hypebeast,

My name is Troy, a regular lurker of the hype boards, and lead designer and developer for WMP Clothing. WMP (Wild Munkie Paraphernalia) is an up and coming urban apparel line, with most of our design work revolving around satirical pieces of art which visually capture the influence of popular culture (in particularly our music and hip-hop culture) upon the masses. We like to highlight everything from the positives, to the down right ridiculous, and regurgitate it in a visually satirical manner. In wearing a WMP product, your wearing a flag or form of positive propaganda which pokes fun at the banes of modern pop culture, while at the same time, informing your peers and challenging them to better themselves. IE the meaning behind our catch phrase. Enlightenment Through Satire. We're on the brink of dropping our first summer line, and I simply wanted to take the opportunity to present some of our older work to you guys. Stay tuned for the new releases, and thanks for taking the time to read.

You can follow the Munkie @WMPClothing

Official Site
Facebook
Twitter

@TroyTheSandman | troyillustrations.com | @WMPClothing | wmpclothing.com

May 25, 2012 @ 01:33 PM
troythesandman

May 25, 2012 @ 06:30 PM
huynh

Salutations, lol....
Just wondering, why the name "Wild Munkie Paraphernalia"?

Constructive criticism (don't take it the wrong way): it sounds stupid

Also I don't see how any of your designs above are satirical.
Maybe I am blind? Maybe you have your own interpretation but from what I see, it's just some dumb monkey and radios lol. Looks like stuff you could find on Wal-Mart's sale rack.

I don't know how wearing your clothing would "inform my peers and challenge them to better themselves" or "enlighten through satire" because they don't seem to be very interpretable.. especially if you are trying to make some en masse type influence.

I respect your grind though.
May 26, 2012 @ 08:53 PM
troythesandman

Salutations, lol....
Just wondering, why the name "Wild Munkie Paraphernalia"?

Constructive criticism (don't take it the wrong way): it sounds stupid

Also I don't see how any of your designs above are satirical.
Maybe I am blind? Maybe you have your own interpretation but from what I see, it's just some dumb monkey and radios lol. Looks like stuff you could find on Wal-Mart's sale rack.

I don't know how wearing your clothing would "inform my peers and challenge them to better themselves" or "enlighten through satire" because they don't seem to be very interpretable.. especially if you are trying to make some en masse type influence.

I respect your grind though.
We appreciate the constructive criticism and comment. The fall pieces set here are more so for branding purposes. They we're the initial launch images back in the Fall. You'll notice the images I've got set here are basically tees with logos ect. a means for getting the basic logo and name out there. The satirical pieces we've planned are more so for this coming Summer season. Like I mentioned, keep an eye out. I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

The name WMP (Wild Munkie Paraphernalia) is a big shiggle. We don't like to take ourselves too seriously but indeed have a lot to offer. Munkie is a word derived obviously from the word monkey, and junkie. When you think about it, the typical "hypebeast" (this is using the term in a negative connotation) is basically anyone whom jumps on the bandwagon of an incoming pop trend, no matter how ridiculous it is. (Think of ridiculous stuff like the planking fad a year ago, or listening to Lil 'B #thankyoubasedgod) So what we like to do with the designs is poke fun at shit like that. IE the ideal of "Following the Monkey" / Following the trends like a mindless ape in some cases. I hope this sheds a little light on the subject, and we do appreciate your question!

Edit: This would probably be a better example of our satirical work. The design was a play off the movie "Juice", settled on a gray crew neck.

tl:dr
More satirical designs on the way. Munkie = Music / Fad / Trend Junkie

July 7, 2012 @ 12:25 PM
troythesandman

Patriot's Pack in stores now.

Full Lookbook

Happy Holidays from WMP

July 8, 2012 @ 04:54 AM
Third Eye Jedi

you spelled monkey wrong.
July 8, 2012 @ 11:44 AM
HWYS - Joey

Muahahahaahahahahahahahahah wtf

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

July 8, 2012 @ 12:46 PM
troythesandman

Its a portmanteau word combining Music and Junkie but we appreciate the comment.

July 8, 2012 @ 02:28 PM
PKdaGod

so this brand is a lame bape rip off? go back to 2005 breh

Please login first to reply.