Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
September 9, 2012 @ 10:58 PM
alexanderrness

Pretty sure you guys already know, but Triumvir's "Warrior Division" in 2010

September 9, 2012 @ 11:03 PM
ventura

i always thought the highlanders tee reminded me of this us versus them tee too, but thought nothing of it before.. but now not so sure
http://www.usversusthem.com/store/mens/limited-edition/straight-cut-tee

its still dope, but my expectations are lowered now to say the least
September 9, 2012 @ 11:07 PM
JEANPAULDAVINCI

suspended

September 9, 2012 @ 11:14 PM
PrettyBozo

suprised
September 9, 2012 @ 11:15 PM
Rekuso

I don't see what's wrong with taking inspiration from another piece or brand. There's other brands like Supreme who blatantly just puts 'supreme' instead of the original text and people are fine with that.

ig quinnrekuso

September 9, 2012 @ 11:23 PM
PrettyBozo

I don't see what's wrong with taking inspiration from another piece or brand. There's other brands like Supreme who blatantly just puts 'supreme' instead of the original text and people are fine with that.

ya there isn't anything wrong when a brand does their brand spin-off of inspiration. but look at those pieces... honestly, anyone could have done that. and in details, they don't give credit when it's due...
September 9, 2012 @ 11:45 PM
________

brand is still dope af
September 9, 2012 @ 11:48 PM
jarvis

well, here it goes. we won't front that the design from cruel hand and our squad tee is strikingly similar, that is because that is where we got the idea from. but while we were designing our first drop earlier this year, we didn't anticipate for our brand to become of anything. it was just a small side project that we did in our spare time, just to see where it would take us. it wasn't a big deal.

but now with our second drop, we grew more, to the point that we think Ronin has the potential to become something bigger in the future. so as we grow, so will our responsibilities and ethics.

in regards to the term warrior division, as i've said in the first page, we were inspired by it's term, and decided to give our hellhounds design it's influence with our own twist, if that makes sense.

I understand this might be a disappointment to some of you, and we're sorry about that. But we truly are grateful to our customers and fan base that we have here at hypebeast, and we hope that you will still be with us down the line as we grow.

Many thanks
Jarvis

www.ronindivision.com

September 9, 2012 @ 11:51 PM
backlikethat

I mean no design is original so I dont see why everyone's making such a big deal..

everything and anything can be used as an inspiration.
September 9, 2012 @ 11:53 PM

Inactive

I love how the only thing not sold out is the Vagabond tee shirt. The definition of Vagabond is the main reason I wouldn't cop

Haha really? I'd say the vagabond tee is my favorite outta the 3 this release.

Also honestly every brand will eventually encounter a similar design or slogan. Influences can be clearly seen, but I don't see it as copy and pasting but rather their own personal take on it. Even cited from the first page.."we incorporate personality and a unique touch into everything we make in hopes to share our experiences and stories with anyone that is willing to listen." Maybe Jarvis and the crew are huge fans/influenced by Cruel Hands and Triumvir..we may never know, but I'd say they have executed it better then most out there that try to incorporate the whole Bushido feel.
September 9, 2012 @ 11:58 PM
PrettyBozo

well, thanks for the inspiration. i ma go make my own clothing line. doesn't seem so hard afterall. anywho, who came up with the term biting? cause it is useless and irrelevant in this day and age.
September 10, 2012 @ 12:01 AM
CShizzle77

I haven't copped anything from Ronin yet, been meaning to but haven't gotten around to it, but I get what Jarvis is trying to say, I am sure they will begin to express their own personality and ideas more and more through each drop as they find their footing.

Also just by reading through this thread, their customer service seems to be on point, it seems they genuinely care about customer satisfaction and that's a lot more than I can say about some of the other brands when I shop around.

So best of luck Ronin and I look forward to seeing some of your more unique designs in the future.
September 10, 2012 @ 12:05 AM
ventura

I mean no design is original so I dont see why everyone's making such a big deal..

everything and anything can be used as an inspiration.

yea, but to what degree? they have a few pieces that blatantly resemble other brand's designs. this doesn't change the fact that it's dope and ill still wear the stuff i ordered when it gets here, but i definitely lost some respect for them.
September 10, 2012 @ 12:10 AM
CShizzle77

^^ Yeah it is definitely a little disappointing but honestly I would just wait until later drops and if we see the influences from other brands receding than more power to them and they have truly grown. If we see a continuous cycle then we know to walk away.

But as of right now although a bit disappointed I would say they implemented the designs pretty well and at times better. Because us versus them gets pretty tacky sometimes and I would rather wear the design by Ronin than us versus them
September 10, 2012 @ 12:18 AM
ventura

^^ Yeah it is definitely a little disappointing but honestly I would just wait until later drops and if we see the influences from other brands receding than more power to them and they have truly grown. If we see a continuous cycle then we know to walk away.

But as of right now although a bit disappointed I would say they implemented the designs pretty well and at times better. Because us versus them gets pretty tacky sometimes and I would rather wear the design by Ronin than us versus them

i agree, im still planning on following them. from what ive seen they're pretty chill dudes and i want them to succeed. i just hope the next seasons to come they come up with more original designs and prove us wrong.
September 10, 2012 @ 12:26 AM
PrettyBozo

i agree, im still planning on following them. from what ive seen they're pretty chill dudes and i want them to succeed. i just hope the next seasons to come they come up with more original designs and prove us wrong.

valid.

i just don't want to be looked on as someone representing a brand that bites other designs, all of which i didn't even realize until now.... jarvis if u do happen to do the same, could you at least be open about it? u didn't think that this would never happen, did u? keep up with customer service, cause that's what is bringing me back
September 10, 2012 @ 12:42 AM
jarvis

i just don't want to be looked on as someone representing a brand that bites other designs, all of which i didn't even realize until now.... jarvis if u do happen to do the same, could you at least be open about it? u didn't think that this would never happen, did u? keep up with customer service, cause that's what is bringing me back

As I said in my previous post, we created Ronin as a side project, nothing big. we did not anticipate for it to become of anything.

for the record we did not take anything from Us Versus Them. the Highlanders tee was created entirely on it's own. something as generic as crossed swords and saying we took from them, I'm starting to feel thats going too far.

I have been nothing but honest when confronted about our brand, and have always held our customers in the highest regard. I don't get how thats not being open. This will be the last I will be posting about this.

Thanks
Jarvis

www.ronindivision.com

September 10, 2012 @ 12:50 AM
ventura

for the record we did not take anything from Us Versus Them. the Highlanders tee was created entirely on it's own. something as generic as crossed swords and saying we took from them, I'm starting to feel thats going too far.

i'll take your word for it but as i've said, i noticed the similarities pretty early on, but thought nothing of it. i only brought it up when other questionable design resemblances came to light.. im sorry but you can't blame me either
September 10, 2012 @ 12:58 AM
PrettyBozo

As I said in my previous post, we created Ronin as a side project, nothing big. we did not anticipate for it to become of anything.

I have been nothing but honest when confronted about our brand, and have always held our customers in the highest regard. I don't get how thats not being open. This will be the last I will be posting about this.

Thanks
Jarvis

jarvis, you misunderstood.

Creating Ronin as a side project is aside from the point.

And look, did I ever claim that you weren't honest? No. What I meant by be open was before we make a purchase, give us a brief description on each design so we don't feel like we are hit in the back of the head if something like this were to happen again. If someone didn't post a pic of Squad tee and Cruel Hand, would we have ever known? No, and this may or may not be true, but that might have been what you were hoping for.

As for the Us Versus Them and the Highlanders, if it were just the crossed swords, ventura probably wouldn't have mentioned it. Every placement of the logo and whatnot, how can anyone not say they don't look awfully similar.
September 10, 2012 @ 01:02 AM
backlikethat

^ bruh bruh. maybe you should write that over to supreme too then.
and every other brand.
September 10, 2012 @ 01:11 AM
PrettyBozo

^ bruh bruh. maybe you should write that over to supreme too then.
and every other brand.

why is that bruh bruh?
September 10, 2012 @ 01:11 AM
________

i always thought the highlanders tee reminded me of this us versus them tee too, but thought nothing of it before.. but now not so sure
http://www.usversusthem.com/store/mens/limited-edition/straight-cut-tee

its still dope, but my expectations are lowered now to say the least

are you serious? you act like Us Versus Them came up with the crossed swords thing.
This whole thing really isn't that serious at all lol
September 10, 2012 @ 01:15 AM
stillwild

@jarvis

easy one of the most unique brands on the forum.
not only is your brand so narrowed.
but it's almost narrowed to the perspective a specific person I can figure.

#RWGKTA

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

September 10, 2012 @ 01:18 AM
yoon

Thanks
Jarvis

And look, did I ever claim that you weren't honest? No. What I meant by be open was before we make a purchase, give us a brief description on each design so we don't feel like we are hit in the back of the head if something like this were to happen again. If someone didn't post a pic of Squad tee and Cruel Hand, would we have ever known? No, and this may or may not be true, but that might have been what you were hoping for.

As for the Us Versus Them and the Highlanders, if it were just the crossed swords, ventura probably wouldn't have mentioned it. Every placement of the logo and whatnot, how can anyone not say they don't look awfully similar.

ive been on the forum for quite sometime and there's always that one guy that tries to ruin the brand and blow it out of proportion. ur that guy bruh.

www.ronindivision.com

September 10, 2012 @ 02:14 AM
DennisTheMenace

To be honest, it's just clothes. How do you feel like you've been hit in the back of the head because of similar designs? Like you said yourself, if no one would have posted the Cruel Hand tee then it wouldn't have mattered anyways. If anything I would say that Ronin implemented the designs better than the originals. Also, it wasn't like they did a straight copy & paste; they took a design that they appreciated and crafted it in their own way. I don't see how there can be any disappointment.
September 10, 2012 @ 02:25 AM
________

ima keep posted for that hoodie restock. how much are they?
September 10, 2012 @ 02:27 AM
CShizzle77

^^ I think it was 50?? correct me if I am wrong
September 10, 2012 @ 02:27 AM

Inactive

@tokey

$50
September 10, 2012 @ 02:30 AM
________

thanks. no wonder why they sold out so fast
September 10, 2012 @ 03:23 AM
Unreachable

Can't you guys just enjoy the clothing? In the end, if you don't want it, just don't order it. No one on the street is going to point out a similar design, be real. It's clothes.

Please login first to reply.