[Ronin] – 2012 Official Discussion Thread

September 08, 2012 @ 22:48:15
just got paid, went to check the website and all sold outsmh
@jarvis hit me with that restock info
September 09, 2012 @ 04:33:13
^Haha, almost everything was sold out the first day.

They said the HOODIE restock is in about two weeks

WTB: Original Fake Tees | WTB: Supreme Tees Sz. M

September 09, 2012 @ 05:40:40
^Haha, almost everything was sold out the first day.

They said the HOODIE restock is in about two weeks

Tee's restock would be smokeyface
September 09, 2012 @ 07:13:10
can any of yall post pics wearing the hoodies/tees? with height/weight? kinda want something to gauge to decide what size to buy. i'm 6'2 170 usually wear a medium in most.
September 09, 2012 @ 07:15:38

A photo that got taken Friday Night at one my gigs.. you can see the wolf tee kind of, there are a few others where you can see it as well.. happens to be a coincidence that by band's name is City Wolves! Love the shirt, so comfy to play drums in, bummed i missed out on everything from the latest drop!

UFO's and Paradiddles.

September 09, 2012 @ 07:16:54

Medium, 6'1, 160lbs.
September 09, 2012 @ 07:29:58
damn i really wish they would stock XL

WTB: Roshe Run black/stadium green 10.5

September 09, 2012 @ 07:38:52
anybody wash/dry their hoodies so I can get a sense if they shrink a bit?

All my friends are black but my wives are white

September 09, 2012 @ 07:52:29
anybody wash/dry their hoodies so I can get a sense if they shrink a bit?

Just got hot as fuck in SoCal so hoodies will have to be put on hold for another week or two. I'm sure some east coast heads can comment on it as their weather should be colder.
September 09, 2012 @ 08:13:46
steezy as ever

@jarvis

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

September 09, 2012 @ 08:30:54
Do you guys see any difference?
Because I dont (except that tongue sticking out)

September 09, 2012 @ 08:39:53
Damn, can definitely see the "influence" haha.
Some minor things I noticed:
1. Shading/Lines in the eyes
2. Ear shapes
3. Sides of nose
4. Scrunches on noce
5. Whiskers
6. Eyebrows
7. Front teeth.

Good find though!
September 09, 2012 @ 12:21:43
edit: nvm i'm just buggin
September 09, 2012 @ 14:07:55
that pic reminds me. You guys should make a coaches jacket or a baseball jersey.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

September 09, 2012 @ 15:10:21
Gilly Suits
I love how the only thing not sold out is the Vagabond tee shirt. The definition of Vagabond is the main reason I wouldn't cop
September 09, 2012 @ 18:30:35
Do you guys see any difference?
Because I dont (except that tongue sticking out)

which came first?
September 09, 2012 @ 19:14:52
Originally posted by Inactive User

Medium, 6'1, 160lbs.

Dope, they look good. Are those before or after a wash or two?
September 09, 2012 @ 19:44:02

did some digging around, this was released in 2011... a bit disappointed smh
September 09, 2012 @ 22:54:40
^^ same here...

i even googled the samurai pic and same exact one popped up... not much effort in creating.
September 09, 2012 @ 22:58:38
Pretty sure you guys already know, but Triumvir's "Warrior Division" in 2010

September 09, 2012 @ 23:03:04
i always thought the highlanders tee reminded me of this us versus them tee too, but thought nothing of it before.. but now not so sure
http://www.usversusthem.com/store/mens/limited-edition/straight-cut-tee

its still dope, but my expectations are lowered now to say the least
September 09, 2012 @ 23:07:16

September 09, 2012 @ 23:14:38

blinkyeyes
September 09, 2012 @ 23:15:20
I don't see what's wrong with taking inspiration from another piece or brand. There's other brands like Supreme who blatantly just puts 'supreme' instead of the original text and people are fine with that.

ig quinnandres

September 09, 2012 @ 23:23:09
I don't see what's wrong with taking inspiration from another piece or brand. There's other brands like Supreme who blatantly just puts 'supreme' instead of the original text and people are fine with that.

ya there isn't anything wrong when a brand does their brand spin-off of inspiration. but look at those pieces... honestly, anyone could have done that. and in details, they don't give credit when it's due...
September 09, 2012 @ 23:45:30
brand is still dope af
September 09, 2012 @ 23:48:52
well, here it goes. we won't front that the design from cruel hand and our squad tee is strikingly similar, that is because that is where we got the idea from. but while we were designing our first drop earlier this year, we didn't anticipate for our brand to become of anything. it was just a small side project that we did in our spare time, just to see where it would take us. it wasn't a big deal.

but now with our second drop, we grew more, to the point that we think Ronin has the potential to become something bigger in the future. so as we grow, so will our responsibilities and ethics.

in regards to the term warrior division, as i've said in the first page, we were inspired by it's term, and decided to give our hellhounds design it's influence with our own twist, if that makes sense.

I understand this might be a disappointment to some of you, and we're sorry about that. But we truly are grateful to our customers and fan base that we have here at hypebeast, and we hope that you will still be with us down the line as we grow.

Many thanks
Jarvis

www.ronindivision.com

September 09, 2012 @ 23:51:50
I mean no design is original so I dont see why everyone's making such a big deal..

everything and anything can be used as an inspiration.
September 09, 2012 @ 23:53:12
Originally posted by Inactive User
I love how the only thing not sold out is the Vagabond tee shirt. The definition of Vagabond is the main reason I wouldn't cop

Haha really? I'd say the vagabond tee is my favorite outta the 3 this release.

Also honestly every brand will eventually encounter a similar design or slogan. Influences can be clearly seen, but I don't see it as copy and pasting but rather their own personal take on it. Even cited from the first page.."we incorporate personality and a unique touch into everything we make in hopes to share our experiences and stories with anyone that is willing to listen." Maybe Jarvis and the crew are huge fans/influenced by Cruel Hands and Triumvir..we may never know, but I'd say they have executed it better then most out there that try to incorporate the whole Bushido feel.
September 09, 2012 @ 23:58:24
well, thanks for the inspiration. i ma go make my own clothing line. doesn't seem so hard afterall. anywho, who came up with the term biting? cause it is useless and irrelevant in this day and age.
Please login first to reply.
x