FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
September 28, 2006 @ 05:30 PM
HATE!

ok im looking for some dry selvedge or raw denim jeans, but i want them to be a little slimmer fit, but nothing too tight. So whats some good brands beside nudie?
September 28, 2006 @ 05:32 PM
Peter Suh

Welcome DIAMONDxSTATUS cool

I understand "raw".. but why is selvedge so desired??
September 28, 2006 @ 05:44 PM
HATE!

from what i understand the material is much tighter, kinda more stiff. I have tried a pair on at a local shop and really liked them.
September 28, 2006 @ 06:15 PM
Hippo

APC. Check them out, they have much better prices than Nudie and don't have the ugly back pocket stitching.
September 28, 2006 @ 06:23 PM
Raw Selvedge

Depends on your budget. Go for a pair Samurai jeans if you are looking for something in the $250-300 range.
September 28, 2006 @ 07:12 PM
Beacons_home

Kicking Mule Workshop are really nice! smile
September 28, 2006 @ 07:38 PM

Inactive

raw selvedge is the bomb

raw for the color fade in 8 months

selvedge for the material for the stretch and shrink of the denim. its quality you know will be there.
September 29, 2006 @ 03:40 PM
TaylorMade

actually its a common misconception to think that selvedge is quality, its actaully more of just a trend than anything else. HOWEVER there are certain types of denim which are considered to be top quality that can most likely only be produced on the type of small looms which produce the selvedge on every denim... ALL denim has a selvedge, infact all fabric has a selvedge. The difference is that most denim these days is produced on a loom which is very large and can produce fabric in extremely wide lengths which is more cost effective. the end effect is that in one width of denim you can make multiple cuts from you pattern, where as the older looms you can't... which is why the selvedge is produced... also I believe all selvedge denim is a straighter cut, i.e. no boot cut, not 100% positive about that, but it makes the most sense.
September 29, 2006 @ 04:28 PM

Inactive

usually only straight while flairs can be done its not

it cost more to make selvedge denim its a given the jean is more thought out and better. i mean would you pay 9 dollars for a big mac? would anyone? of course not. why should mcdonalds use 100% pure angus beef? why bother? people who eat mcdonalds dont care where the beef is from. thusly they expect cheaper prices and cheaper quality (you meal comes wrapped in paper on a tray as opposed to a plate and a waitress)

does it automaticly mean a diner place is better than mcdonalds? usually.
September 29, 2006 @ 05:12 PM
Insight51

it cost more to make selvedge denim its a given the jean is more thought out and better. i mean would you pay 9 dollars for a big mac? would anyone? of course not. why should mcdonalds use 100% pure angus beef? why bother? people who eat mcdonalds dont care where the beef is from. thusly they expect cheaper prices and cheaper quality (you meal comes wrapped in paper on a tray as opposed to a plate and a waitress)

well it cost more to make because it is old absolete tchnology.
September 29, 2006 @ 05:29 PM
Peter Suh

well it cost more to make because it is old absolete tchnology.

is that like 5 minute abs?
September 29, 2006 @ 08:38 PM
TaylorMade

is that like 5 minute abs?

ROFL.. that was too funny.
September 29, 2006 @ 08:41 PM
TaylorMade

I'm not trying to start an argument, but I have seen selvedge denim for $50 bux and by no way are they better than a standard $40 dollar pair of levis imho. But yes, USUALLY it does mean its a nicer quality product.. i have deffinetly sold all my old pairs of jeans and invested in quite a few pairs of selvedge denims... and no matter what people say, old evisu's are the shit!!

Please login first to reply.