Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
May 6, 2012 @ 07:18 PM
0mar

I took deadstock to mean anything that wasn't readily available from supreme anymore, and had no chance of being restocked.

EDIT: not necessarily new or used, just no long available.

this is so pathetic. PETITION FOR HB TO BE INVITE ONLY!
DS="not necessarily" new or used? really.

Where in the term 'DEADSTOCK' does it imply that the item is Brand new? It clearly refers to an item that means the 'supply of stock' is now DEAD.

I could have a pair of air maxs that can't be bought anymore because nike don't make them anymore. So new, or used, they're still DEAD STOCK.

suck a dick, you condescending retard.

Stock - a supply of goods kept on hand for sale to customers by a merchant, distributor, manufacturer, etc.; inventory.

Yes, deadstock means brand new, because the word stock itself means it's what the merchant sells. Merchants wouldn't sell a used item in their store.
The dead part just refers to the fact that it's no longer on the shelves/racks/etc. It's dead. It's old. It's from a previous season. So when people say they are selling a DS F/W 10 Feathers Camp...that means it is brand new. Technically, only Supreme should use the term deadstock. Resellers just need to say brand new.

And if you are using the term DS in reference to items still available, you're doing it wrong. Because the stock is not dead. So there is no such thing as a DS S/S 12 Independent x Supreme Hoodie...because it's still available for retail purchase.

i think this, in a round about way, just kind of agrees with what i said.
May 6, 2012 @ 07:21 PM
YungGecko

I took deadstock to mean anything that wasn't readily available from supreme anymore, and had no chance of being restocked.

Where in the term 'DEADSTOCK' does it imply that the item is Brand new? It clearly refers to an item that means the 'supply of stock' is now DEAD.

I could have a pair of air maxs that can't be bought anymore because nike don't make them anymore. So new, or used, they're still DEAD STOCK.

Stock - a supply of goods kept on hand for sale to customers by a merchant, distributor, manufacturer, etc.; inventory.

Yes, deadstock means brand new, because the word stock itself means it's what the merchant sells. Merchants wouldn't sell a used item in their store.
The dead part just refers to the fact that it's no longer on the shelves/racks/etc. It's dead. It's old. It's from a previous season. So when people say they are selling a DS F/W 10 Feathers Camp...that means it is brand new. Technically, only Supreme should use the term deadstock. Resellers just need to say brand new.

And if you are using the term DS in reference to items still available, you're doing it wrong. Because the stock is not dead. So there is no such thing as a DS S/S 12 Independent x Supreme Hoodie...because it's still available for retail purchase.

the funny thing for me is that my friend owns a farm and they call their tractors and general farm machinery deadstock so everyone just needs to chill with trying to get the "right" definition
May 6, 2012 @ 07:33 PM
christopher.

Holy fucking shit. i came her to talk about Supreme. Stop talking about the term "deadstock".
lol we're going to go on for pages each person describing what DS 'means to me'.
I can't believe this shit is still going on.
May 6, 2012 @ 07:35 PM
1978S

Listen up you fucks ,and yes, this should be the last time this is discussed in this thread. It is correct that the true meaning of "deadstock" means that the stock is 'dead' or not available any more.

However, if you've been around the sneaker culture scene (whatever the hell you want to call it) for the past 10-12 years or so, you'd know that the term has evolved to mean that an item is "brand new/never worn".

Both arguments are correct, but when someone says DS (deadstock) these days to describe an item of clothes they're selling or a pair of sneakers, it means BRAND NEW NEVER WORN. Like it or not, this is what it means.
May 6, 2012 @ 07:40 PM
Trespace

So I went to the mall yesterday and I wore my tan leather herringbone. I went into Shoe Palace - i was with my family, and my brother wanted to buy some free runs - and the store worker says to me "Supreme, huh? I've been seeing a lot of people wearing it now."
I'm thinking to myself "We're in Sacramento. I doubt you see A LOT of Sup", but I say, "Yeah. OF brought a lot of attention to the brand."
Friday night i wore the S/S12 camo camp, and the same shit happened at Zumiez, but the employee brought up OF.
This got me wondering if people are starting to generalize all people who the brand as new to it and shit.

This happens to me a lot too. I've walked into zumiez sometimes wearing a camp cap and the employees always say something about it usually its a compliment though. But before OF i'd always wear my box logo hoodie and nobody said shit about it other than the occasional "What's supreme?" id get from girls or something. It kind of urks me how things are now but oh well.
May 6, 2012 @ 07:43 PM
0mar

Listen up you fucks ,and yes, this should be the last time this is discussed in this thread. It is correct that the true meaning of "deadstock" means that the stock is 'dead' or not available any more.

However, if you've been around the sneaker culture scene (whatever the hell you want to call it) for the past 10-12 years or so, you'd know that the term has evolved to mean that an item is "brand new/never worn".

Both arguments are correct, but when someone says DS (deadstock) these days to describe an item of clothes they're selling or a pair of sneakers, it means BRAND NEW NEVER WORN. Like it or not, this is what it means.

Thanks. That's actually a good, concise answer.
May 6, 2012 @ 07:44 PM

Inactive

So I went to the mall yesterday and I wore my tan leather herringbone. I went into Shoe Palace - i was with my family, and my brother wanted to buy some free runs - and the store worker says to me "Supreme, huh? I've been seeing a lot of people wearing it now."
I'm thinking to myself "We're in Sacramento. I doubt you see A LOT of Sup", but I say, "Yeah. OF brought a lot of attention to the brand."
Friday night i wore the S/S12 camo camp, and the same shit happened at Zumiez, but the employee brought up OF.
This got me wondering if people are starting to generalize all people who the brand as new to it and shit.

but you brought up OF too so what are you trying to prove...

May 6, 2012 @ 07:49 PM
mobbyluii

Im sorry but that is the dumbest shit ive ever read

WORD. can we all stop arguing cus this is a supreme thread.. isnt that the reason why they had to make a new fucking thread? this whole page is arguments.. no supreme talk whatsoever

IG: @mobbyluii

May 6, 2012 @ 07:50 PM

Inactive

med. dp tnf/400+fees. hmu

May 6, 2012 @ 07:51 PM
mobbyluii

topher you from sac?

May 6, 2012 @ 07:52 PM
christopher.

The guy from zumiez on Friday brought it up first, so I was already thinking about it on Saturday. And I'm not trying to prove anything, just DISCUSSING my thought after it happened.
May 6, 2012 @ 07:53 PM
serotoninflood

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/deadstock

hhh

May 6, 2012 @ 07:53 PM
christopher.

topher you from sac?
Yeah. I take it you are too? What part?
May 6, 2012 @ 07:55 PM
YungGecko

I'm assuming that's in japan but what I don't understand is why isn't it listed on the japan online store?
May 6, 2012 @ 07:57 PM
vafins

kitty start that new invite only supreme forum forreal

new and old supreme for sale...http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/211062#4257430

May 6, 2012 @ 08:00 PM
christopher.

I second this. But if he were to do it, it's gonna take some time and he's gonna need help; he can't do it by himself.
May 6, 2012 @ 08:01 PM
mobbyluii

topher you from sac?

I live by arden fair mall area!

May 6, 2012 @ 08:01 PM
keepit100g

I second this. But if he were to do it, it's gonna take some time and he's gonna need help; he can't do it by himself.

we'll call the forum "supremely supreme"
May 6, 2012 @ 08:05 PM
mobbyluii

no dont do that..

May 6, 2012 @ 08:07 PM
christopher.

topher you from sac?

I went to Arden Mall. But I live in the Natomas area. Anyway, I don't wanna go off topic in the thread, but awesome! I hope there's more Sac people on HB.
May 6, 2012 @ 08:09 PM
whatisthis

topher you from sac?

Grew up in Elk Grove. Moved down to LA for school 5 years ago.

FS: CDG Coaches (Olive/L) & I Love Ugly Zespy's (M)

May 6, 2012 @ 08:11 PM
mobbyluii

topher you from sac?

I went to Arden Mall. But I live in the Natomas area. Anyway, I don't wanna go off topic in the thread, but awesome! I hope there's more Sac people on HB.

is the zumies you went to the one in arden? cus if it is, the worker there pops a boner when he sees supreme. He saw my CDG hoodie and he couldnt beleive it..

May 6, 2012 @ 08:11 PM
rhythmz

yo, please dont classify pinoys like some of you are. i be that american born type and I assure you i am a pretty cool niggah. ANIMAL COLLECTIVE at the HOLLYWOOD BOWL IN SEPTEMBER TO ALL THOSE WHO FUX WITH IT. just puttin it out there

for sale: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/forum/topic/181467/?#post-3742277

May 6, 2012 @ 08:13 PM
RiFF RaFF

no dont do that..

straight up make it haha and thats a horrible name. but on point, should i go for the CDG vans or the campbells ?

Be about it

May 6, 2012 @ 08:15 PM
jlau1303

Got my baseball jersey tailored today, quality is great and now the fit is perfect. For anyone thinking of picking it up, might be a good idea to size up unless you're a thinner guy like me. It was too long and wide but the sleeves and shoulders fit well.

What size is your jersey?

Jersey was a medium, im definitely a small, but we all know how hard that is to get. Since the sleeves and shoulders ran a bit smaller then usually i just needed to adjust the length and width. I agree with what some people were saying about tailoring every aspect of the pants though. Better options which are less expensive.

instagram: jlau1303

May 6, 2012 @ 08:16 PM
christopher.

is the zumies you went to the one in arden? cus if it is, the worker there pops a boner when he sees supreme. He saw my CDG hoodie and he couldnt beleive it..
hahaha yeah it was. He was like "Supreme?" and we talked a bit. He basically said that he couldn't understand paying that much for clothes. But he and the rest of the workers were cool there.
May 6, 2012 @ 08:24 PM
raoul

and my friends white one

May 6, 2012 @ 08:28 PM
christopher.

After seeing the pics of the striped canvas, I'm feeling the navy one the best. Also, shouldn't have had a red box on the red cap; something that contrasted well like black would've been better.
May 6, 2012 @ 08:39 PM
raoul

Yeah agreed on the red on red, I think the beige would be hella nice though.
May 6, 2012 @ 08:59 PM
kidmeetslitweed

Need more good beanies, I dont know bout you guys but to me the beanies now are getting ridiculous.

This topic is closed, replies are no longer accepted.