Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
January 3, 2012 @ 06:13 PM
bennygold

Happy New Years everyone! Looking forward to continue to build with all of you! Thanks for the support in 2011 - lets go!
January 3, 2012 @ 07:01 PM
DREWKKAKE

have another good one benny

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

January 3, 2012 @ 08:02 PM
rommell84

Great job on your brand. what has been the best thing to happen since the opening of your retail location/locations for the bg brand?
January 4, 2012 @ 03:13 AM
scinar

Hey there, quick question.
I have this screen-printing class and I figured I might as well put my own drawings/designs on them and maybe even sell. So my question to you is: Would it be better to have, say 2 design and 20 prints each or 4 designs and 10 prints each?
I mean would it be better to have variety or quantity?

Thanks!

Gentleman of the Road

January 4, 2012 @ 02:56 PM
clengers11

Hey BEnny!
Congrats on all your success of the past year and the year to come. I was wondering thought if you would ever expand and make another store say in New York for example while staying independant. Not because I live in New York but because since its the complete Opposite of the SF store. Thanks again Benny
January 4, 2012 @ 05:26 PM
piityfam

Hey bro a friend put me up on the BG brand and I must say I'm liking the style. I just wanted to know if you have any ties or connections to underground hip hop. Drop me an email piityfam@gmail.com thanks and you got my support.
January 4, 2012 @ 05:37 PM
bennygold

Great job on your brand. what has been the best thing to happen since the opening of your retail location/locations for the bg brand?

Getting to know the customers, fans and supporters personally. I also really enjoy being able to get feedback from everyone that comes in - it really helped the brand grow tremendously
January 4, 2012 @ 05:38 PM
bennygold

Hey there, quick question.
I have this screen-printing class and I figured I might as well put my own drawings/designs on them and maybe even sell. So my question to you is: Would it be better to have, say 2 design and 20 prints each or 4 designs and 10 prints each?
I mean would it be better to have variety or quantity?

Thanks!

QUALITY ALWAYS! Not everyone will agree with me on that but it's the truth! I don't put out as much stuff as other brands, but I make sure that EVERY design is the best is possibly could be. Good luck!
January 4, 2012 @ 05:39 PM
bennygold

Hey BEnny!
Congrats on all your success of the past year and the year to come. I was wondering thought if you would ever expand and make another store say in New York for example while staying independant. Not because I live in New York but because since its the complete Opposite of the SF store. Thanks again Benny

I'm open to it. Right now I like being able to connect with the customers that come into our SF shop. I am here most of the time because my design studio is in the same building. A NY store would be fresh thou.
January 4, 2012 @ 06:53 PM
thrive

Benny really love the brand, and all your work.
Was wondering what wholesale brand do you use for your tees?

Thanks Benny!
January 5, 2012 @ 12:19 AM
Pizza_dough

Hey BEnny!

I'm open to it. Right now I like being able to connect with the customers that come into our SF shop. I am here most of the time because my design studio is in the same building. A NY store would be fresh thou.

Saw the sneek peek of the next season. Looks interesting. I'm about to order the winter beanie too i think.

Keep up the good work, I'll keep up the wearing and buying on my end hah.

P.S. Let me know if you need someone to manage a NY shop hah. Seriously....

get 20% off at karmaloop.com with repcode: tron21 at checkout.

January 5, 2012 @ 01:47 AM
bennygold

Benny really love the brand, and all your work.
Was wondering what wholesale brand do you use for your tees?

Thanks Benny!

Allstyle better known as AAA (It's basically the industry standard... shhh)
January 6, 2012 @ 04:08 PM
dtuck3000

Benny,
I am a huge fan, and you are my inspiration as I go through University over here in the U.K,
I just want to ask a few questions to help me learn and add to a project I am doing on your brand, hopefully you can answer!

For your freelance design work, how do you gain clients, do you pick them or do they come to you?

Thanks, Daniel.
January 6, 2012 @ 04:15 PM
bennygold

Benny,
I am a huge fan, and you are my inspiration as I go through University over here in the U.K,
I just want to ask a few questions to help me learn and add to a project I am doing on your brand, hopefully you can answer!

For your freelance design work, how do you gain clients, do you pick them or do they come to you?

Thanks, Daniel.

Daniel,

Good luck with your studies. I really enjoyed studying graphic design in school. It def helped me grow as an artist.

For my freelance clients it started really loose. I would take any job that came my way. I was also working a full time design job at the time so i wasn't sleeping much. I was just trying to get my name out there and do good work. Over the years my work got specialized and I was only taking on logo and t-shirt projects. One job lead to another. I think specializing really helped attract work. - Good luck!
January 6, 2012 @ 06:14 PM
dtuck3000

Awesome, thanks for the input Benny!
I am going to quote you in my case study if you don't mind. I have been trying to get in touch for a while until I found out this easy way to do so. I just want to ask a couple more questions if that is possible.

The first is regarding your inspiration to do what you do creatively? and also do you have a set working method when working on a new project or is it different everytime?

Thanks again! I am heading for some important deadlines lately so your help is giving me the extra drive I need.

Regards,
Daniel.
January 8, 2012 @ 10:04 PM
clengers11

HEy Benny
Do you think the price of the deck coat would ever decrease? I really love it and I'm sure its worth the money but I am a college student haha
January 9, 2012 @ 04:24 PM
Check Your Six

Best of luck with the new year Benny, hope our X-Mas card found its way! smile
January 9, 2012 @ 07:46 PM
bennygold

HEy Benny
Do you think the price of the deck coat would ever decrease? I really love it and I'm sure its worth the money but I am a college student haha

We are almost sold out of them - so i doubt it. Where do you go to college? I am always down to help the students out. DM me and we can work something out.
January 9, 2012 @ 07:49 PM
bennygold

Awesome, thanks for the input Benny!
I am going to quote you in my case study if you don't mind. I have been trying to get in touch for a while until I found out this easy way to do so. I just want to ask a couple more questions if that is possible.

The first is regarding your inspiration to do what you do creatively? and also do you have a set working method when working on a new project or is it different everytime?

Thanks again! I am heading for some important deadlines lately so your help is giving me the extra drive I need.

Regards,
Daniel.

No problem! I wish I knew where creativity comes from. If i did i would be a rich man - ha. For me lately I am inspired by the support around the Benny Gold brand. I love seeing what it means to other people and it keeps me going and inspired. Having a retail store has helped a lot! The interaction with the fans has been a HUGE inspiration!

Other then that I am inspired by putting out the best possible designs. With every project I can see myself growing as an artist and it inspires me to try even harder on the next one.
January 9, 2012 @ 08:20 PM
dtuck3000

Thank you, This has helped me a lot. My hand in is in a few days and you have sorted me out big time! I am coming to San Fran on April 1st for a few days so I will be definitely be stopping by the store. I can imagine meeting the customers who buy into what you create must be one of the best feelings a designer can get. If only there was more benny gold available in the U.K at American prices! I cant wait to work hard and get my self in a similar position to you. Thanks again Benny,
Daniel.
January 9, 2012 @ 09:48 PM
SDiamonds

Keep things growin Benny. Love everything about your brand. Best of luck in the future to you and your brand!. Im also in the process of releasing my first line of stuff this year! Its got a creative new idea id love to share my idea with you over PM just for your input. Shoot me a PM if you wouldnt mind sheding some light.

thanks and hope 2012 is BG's year!
January 10, 2012 @ 05:23 PM
bennygold

Keep things growin Benny. Love everything about your brand. Best of luck in the future to you and your brand!. Im also in the process of releasing my first line of stuff this year! Its got a creative new idea id love to share my idea with you over PM just for your input. Shoot me a PM if you wouldnt mind sheding some light.

thanks and hope 2012 is BG's year!

No problem - send me an email of a dm on the forum if you don't want the pics to be public. Best of luck with getting your brand out there!
January 10, 2012 @ 06:41 PM
bennygold

Let's start this year off right - We got our new season designed and out for pre-books!
January 10, 2012 @ 07:27 PM
phidiasgold

Love seeing that beautiful process work and rocking that GraphGear 1000, can't beat that.
Keep it rollin Benny

The 10th Muse / Be Creative or Be Forgotten - www.phidiasgold.com

January 11, 2012 @ 05:23 PM
Natural Talent

hey, this is manny from Natural Talent a new clothing brand starting in Richmond, Va

i was just wondering when did you feel it was the right time to expand into stores and is it better to pay more for locally produced clothes or pay less for something out the area

-Stay Talented

January 13, 2012 @ 02:30 AM
awkndesign

Benny ---

My name is Gregg and from Denver, Colorado. I am avid follower of your design work and I am a graphic designer & skateboarder myself. I had the chance to meet you at the launch of your fall line in 2010 and I continue to be very impressed by the design & product you put out. You take great care in what you give to your customers & it shows. While there, you had told me to email you with any questions I had, but hadn't gotten any replies. I know you are a busy guy, so when I saw this, I thought this would probably be the best way to get a reply.

I am currently working on designing a brand of my own and really want to talk to you about how you started. I know you always say to start small and strong with quality rather than quantity, but for your the initial launch of your line, how many pieces did you release?

I am also in the starting stages of design and development and working on looking for vendors. I know you have had a lot of help having worked with Huf, but how did you go about looking for vendors? Stay local or look for best price & quality?
January 14, 2012 @ 12:42 AM
dsbao

hey, this is manny from Natural Talent a new clothing brand starting in Richmond, Va

i was just wondering when did you feel it was the right time to expand into stores and is it better to pay more for locally produced clothes or pay less for something out the area

I'll give my 2 cents before Benny comes through the forums again...

I always prefer to work locally. Not only does it help the community, but you can also build a direct and personal relationship with your suppliers. It also allows you to keep a better pulse on how production is going - more often enough, production issues pop up, and it's much easier to be able to drive down to your supplier to work things over than have to rely on phone calls, email, and pictures.
January 14, 2012 @ 07:32 AM
stillwild

Truly inspiring stuff Benny, another good year on the horizon I hope, cheers.

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

January 16, 2012 @ 07:16 PM
bennygold

Benny ---

My name is Gregg and from Denver, Colorado. I am avid follower of your design work and I am a graphic designer & skateboarder myself. I had the chance to meet you at the launch of your fall line in 2010 and I continue to be very impressed by the design & product you put out. You take great care in what you give to your customers & it shows. While there, you had told me to email you with any questions I had, but hadn't gotten any replies. I know you are a busy guy, so when I saw this, I thought this would probably be the best way to get a reply.

I am currently working on designing a brand of my own and really want to talk to you about how you started. I know you always say to start small and strong with quality rather than quantity, but for your the initial launch of your line, how many pieces did you release?

I am also in the starting stages of design and development and working on looking for vendors. I know you have had a lot of help having worked with Huf, but how did you go about looking for vendors? Stay local or look for best price & quality?

Gregg, I do my best to answer everyones emails. Sometimes things get overlooked and I apologize.

I got started by designing shirts and logos for other brands. I took on as much work as would come my way. Eventually my name started to get attached to the work I was producing for others and that is how the Benny Gold brand came to be. It was not masterminded or anything like that. It was all really organic. I wondered if other people are using my name to sell their stuff then what could I do with it on my own. It's been a really fun adventure and I am excited to see where it all goes.
January 31, 2012 @ 06:47 PM
bennygold

How is the year so far for everyone. Let's make this one great!

Please login first to reply.