Halloween Sale - Up to 25% Off Your Entire Order - Use Code: NOTRICKS14
October 25, 2012 @ 12:42 AM
theh00d

What time is the drop?
And, how much??

ourdaysofbeingwild.tumblr.com Check my sale listing: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/212986

October 25, 2012 @ 04:29 PM
theh00d

Canvas is out.
$250 though suprised

ourdaysofbeingwild.tumblr.com Check my sale listing: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/212986

October 25, 2012 @ 04:37 PM
kimizzle

Canvas is out.
$250 though suprised

Price elicited the same reaction for me... The Amadeus one is by far the best one though...
October 25, 2012 @ 09:37 PM
Bugger

holy shit 250, was expecting much less
October 26, 2012 @ 05:56 AM
aldrxn

You gotta be shitting me. I was looking forward to copping Blind faith and Amadeus. For 250 each though? Fuuuck that.

Edit* I was expecting much less too ^ bummer.
October 26, 2012 @ 07:44 AM
ptoing

I don't like this new "exclusivity" this brand is trying to push. Ever since the change in hands of the brand, it seems like it has been trying to milk its loyal fans of their money. Releasing stuff is fine, but really mugs? Random stuff branded with rehashed triumvir artwork? Paying for black cards? No new designs in months? Saying "better luck tomorrow" if an item is sold out? And where are the new designs, the new cut n sews?

And the prints to top it off. Don't get me wrong, I've been a fan of triumvir since the very beginning, but I don't like where this is going.
October 26, 2012 @ 08:21 AM
kimizzle

I don't like this new "exclusivity" this brand is trying to push. Ever since the change in hands of the brand, it seems like it has been trying to milk its loyal fans of their money. Releasing stuff is fine, but really mugs? Random stuff branded with rehashed triumvir artwork? Paying for black cards? No new designs in months? Saying "better luck tomorrow" if an item is sold out? And where are the new designs, the new cut n sews?

And the prints to top it off. Don't get me wrong, I've been a fan of triumvir since the very beginning, but I don't like where this is going.

This...
October 26, 2012 @ 08:37 AM
overtheradar

Rebels vs. Renegades ---- www.rebelsvsrenegades.com ---- Turning Dreams Into Reality. One Broken Window at a Time.

October 26, 2012 @ 05:23 PM
Specification

^ I could not agree more. Been following the brand here and there since high school of 06-07, in college now, and this is just FUCKING SAD how the new owners are taking advantage of the loyalty of their customers by releasing stupid ass shit like pillows and prints. Seriously, the fuck am I gonna do with a $40 pillow and a $250 art print? confused

IMO and I'm sure most people can agree with me on this one, Triumvir died 1-2 years ago when Brandon left it, but at least it was at it's peak when he did and he left it with dignity, and yes there was some milking of the profits ....releasing old stuff for a a month or too, but he finally called it quits, he felt that he could do it no longer. That was very respectable, Triumvir "died" as a brand known for it's simplicity and military inspired designs, it was a good run, but they died out with honor.

But THIS, is just fucking retarded, $40 for a raglan, $250 prints, and geisha pillows... Whoever is running Triumvir now is running it half-ass, giving it a bad rep, and doing it no justice of what is used to be.

Fuck it, I'm done with Triumvir, I don't want to support any brand that just milks the money of its once loyal customers.
October 26, 2012 @ 10:52 PM
_____

Buddy of mine that's been og with the brand since 07-08 said that some new guy is running the majority of it - armando and richard are just working mainly for orisue while this guy is behind most of triumvir. no disrespect to the triumvir heads, but i totally agree with dtgsigns here. Same buddy got his raglan yesterday and it looks cool and stuff but holy shit I still can't believe..$42?! That's what pinoy fuckbois spend on an obey raglan and think they're cool for it.

I used to love how the older triumvir designs had such great attention to detail. Even if it was something small like the galactic seal on the sleeve of the OG galactic trooper or the japanese script on the qing/heart stealers. That precision is gone and honestly I, too, am getting fed up with the rehashes without this detail. I could go to my local print shop and make the same tee in 1/1000 of the time with the same quality.

richard and armando, i have a ton of respect for you guys still, but come on. don't keep dishing out the same plain stuff - we need something cool. take a leap of faith. do some cut and sew. draw some new designs. release some unreleased ones.
October 28, 2012 @ 01:04 AM
illsteezy

^Some new guy? sad. Hope that isn't true. I've been aware that Brandon is no longer involved as well as some others, but felt that it was left in good hands (Richard), and seeing as how he's been apart of the brand for so long (as well as being fam), I was still confident in the brand and it's direction.

I actually thought the sneak peak of the Kill is Love pic that was posted was going to be a rerelease of the shirt. When they announced it was canvas prints I didn't know what to think, but they did have a poll that was held on facebook, and if I remember correctly, the majority of the votes went to Canvas prints, so you can't argue that the brand doesn't listen to feedback. They're putting out what was asked. Been asking for lighters and black cards again and so far they came threw. But I gotta admit the thizz face went into full effect when I saw the $250 price tag for the canvases though. I just wished tees, crews, or hoodies of the selected designs were released at the same time so I at least had the option to get those. A drop should consist of at least 2 different pieces of clothing along with accessories. One item drops, or drops that don't include clothing is razz.

People are screaming for crews, hoodies, and cut and sew, or just a solid drop in general with a little variety, me being one of them, but they did state that they had to basically start from scratch maintaining it's independence with no outside investors, so I guess the high price of the canvases is needed to produce the items we want. The canvases are dope but does it justify it's high price? Maybe not as an accessory to a clothing company, but in the case of artwork, it's what it's worth to the producer and it's up to the buyer if they're willing to spend that much. I can't say I'll be buying one though since it's a little too rich for my blood, but props to whoever does cuz I wanna see hoodies and cut and sew.
October 28, 2012 @ 05:36 AM
kimizzle

I'd like to put my two cents in... I for one am not sure about which way the designs, or the company is headed. Brandon and Brian were definitely the creative forces behind Triumvir. Both have left. It appears as though now that Triumvir has been pushing itself to be a brand that is heavily oriented on "exclusivity" and marketing, just as tru_b3ast pointed. This should not be the case. Triumvir has never been a brand to focus on exclusivity--save some of the Street Fighter collaboration. Triumvir is not Supreme, or Bape, or any other "exclusive" streetwear for that matter. To me Triumvir has always been a close knit, DIY, fuck corporate America, anti-establishment brand. I wouldn't be even going on a limb to say that Triumvir is like a lifestyle. Unfortunately, I haven't seen this translated at all, as of late. Triumvir used to be edgy and raw--a niche within the niche of streetwear. Now it doesn't even seem to be a shell of its former self...

Triumvir has undoubtedly evolved since its inception--the custom shoes, colorful all over prints, the transition to all black, and the more mature pieces that were developed near the end of the original run. I've felt that this evolution has been consistent with what I find in my closet. I can't and don't really wear graphic tees anymore; the more mature pieces that were being produced was what I liked. Although I do like Triumvir and still follow the brand, I would just like to say that the direction that it is going in right now is disconcerting, to say the least. I want the attitude, the attention to detail, and NEW material. Essentially, the creative forces behind what is left of Triumvir need to step up big time because it seems as though all that's been going on is a lot of cheap marketing tactics...
October 29, 2012 @ 02:12 AM
SHOGUNATE

Although I agree with most of your guys constructive criticism, if you guys don't like what they have right now then don't buy it, you guys are not forced to buy anything. They are slowly making their way back up, so have patience. I'm sure they will keep what you guys say in mind.
October 29, 2012 @ 06:18 AM
fuxury

nice
October 29, 2012 @ 03:50 PM
richardiiivir

I've been following this lively discussion and would like to respond shortly. Sorry but has been a busy week and weekend which is why I haven't jumped in as of yet. I also have a surprise that was planned for you our HB community back at our meeting so stay tuned troopers...
October 29, 2012 @ 04:42 PM
theh00d

Actually I don't think there was any new design for 1-2yrs since 2010 I believe, I could be wrong.
So technically, the brand was dead until recently with the re-release,etc...
Although I don't agree with everything the new team is doing, I'm just appreciating the fact that triumvir is back.
As for all the accessories like mugs,prints,etc. you mentioned, its what the community asked for.
Few words...supply and demand or the other way around.
There's going to be somethings people like and somethings people don't
and like someone else mention, don't buy it if you don't like it
We'll just have to wait and see whats gonna happen.
Finally, don't jump to conclusions by saying fuck this and all that other bullshit,
cause if something you wanted was to release and you slept well that's on you, so don't come back and complain.
And this comment is not directed at you but to everyone.

October 29, 2012 @ 07:02 PM
atmo

don't complain about lack of originality or a total shift in the message behind the brand when they haven't even been back at it for more than 6 months. its hard times out here for everyone, broke motherfuckas needa sell shit at stupid prices for the simple fact that they will sell. you literally can't afford to take chances and grow as a brand until you make some money, give them time and i'm pretty sure everyone will be back on the triumvir wave. and if you don't like it just go look at some of the other brands on this page and i'm pretty sure you will find some shit that will make you feel like its 2009 again.

http://sequence.us/

October 30, 2012 @ 07:46 PM
kimizzle

don't complain about lack of originality or a total shift in the message behind the brand when they haven't even been back at it for more than 6 months. its hard times out here for everyone, broke motherfuckas needa sell shit at stupid prices for the simple fact that they will sell. you literally can't afford to take chances and grow as a brand until you make some money, give them time and i'm pretty sure everyone will be back on the triumvir wave. and if you don't like it just go look at some of the other brands on this page and i'm pretty sure you will find some shit that will make you feel like its 2009 again.

Why can't we complain about a lack of originality? Besides the triumvir camo logo shirt, no other ARTICLE OF CLOTHING that has been released, as of late, has been an original release. Even then, the triumvir logo has been put on shirts before (2008 f/w blurry logo; black/white white/black logo; all black logo) so it isn't truly an original design.

As for going to other brands that makes you feel like its 2009 again? Everything Triumvir has been selling has been (or at least the graphics, save the camo logo) is from 09 and before...
October 30, 2012 @ 09:00 PM
atmo

ima need you to read inbetween the first ten words and the last sentence in order to fill in some gaps in your argument that you forgot to address. the essence of my post is triumvir is just now making a resurrection, and they can not afford to take risks on making things that they aren't absolutely positive will sell. so because of this fear they are forced to put out things that may "lack originality" but will definitely make money. but in a few months after they have acquired funds, if unoriginal pieces continue to be put out then a complaint for new design or even calls of saying the brand is dead are justified.

my main problem is i feel a lot of people are jumping to conclusions and making bold declarations without giving them the respect i feel this brand has earned. but i do see how i have a bias because triumvir was one of the first brands that got me into streetwear, so i do have a form of god complex when it comes to them and that very well may skew my argument. but if you have ever respected the brand and believed in it in the past, wait for them to actually put out a full and comprehensive drop before bashing the shit out of them.

http://sequence.us/

October 30, 2012 @ 10:18 PM
iamjerick4life

Take it as it is, good things come to those who wait.
October 30, 2012 @ 10:52 PM
matsu714

hopefully things will change for the better. I used to be a big big fan. Wore nothing but triumvir from head to toe back in the days but about 2 and a half years back I started parting with a lot of my pieces here and there. I can relate with some of these disgruntled posts, as much as I loved the brand, I don't see myself excited seeing re releases of the same designs. Honestly if I wanted these pieces I wouldnt have parted ways with them. I liked the direction triumvir was headed, more mature and contemporary pieces with the cut and sews... Hopefully this is just something to get the brand started back up and we see the same edginess they used to have back in the days.
October 30, 2012 @ 11:55 PM
kimizzle

ima need you to read inbetween the first ten words and the last sentence in order to fill in some gaps in your argument that you forgot to address. the essence of my post is triumvir is just now making a resurrection, and they can not afford to take risks on making things that they aren't absolutely positive will sell. so because of this fear they are forced to put out things that may "lack originality" but will definitely make money. but in a few months after they have acquired funds, if unoriginal pieces continue to be put out then a complaint for new design or even calls of saying the brand is dead are justified.

my main problem is i feel a lot of people are jumping to conclusions and making bold declarations without giving them the respect i feel this brand has earned. but i do see how i have a bias because triumvir was one of the first brands that got me into streetwear, so i do have a form of god complex when it comes to them and that very well may skew my argument. but if you have ever respected the brand and believed in it in the past, wait for them to actually put out a full and comprehensive drop before bashing the shit out of them.

Taking risks? Why do you think Triumvir started to begin with? B took a chance to make custom shoes, turned that into matching tees, and then into a full blown brand. Business aren't started and successful by playing it safe. Businesses are about taking risks, putting everything on the line, for the prospect of success. I have no problem with Triumvir having insufficient funds to produce cut and sew, but having rehash after rehash of the same design doesn't cut it for me...

Not once have I claimed that the brand was dead. I am just concerned with the direction it is going in. You have claimed to be an ardent fan of Triumvir, it having been one of your first streetwear brands; however, it appears that you do not know much about the brand. You keep saying wait for a full drop. If everything was the same as before, I would be patient, like you. But the ones who helped started Triumvir are no longer there. Don't get me wrong, I still like Triumvir and the old stuff that came out, but its not the same and it will never be the same. It's like your favorite band that has a member die, or the frontman leave; sure it has the same name, but the band will never be the same.

My greatest question to those running the brand at this point is who will take the reins of the design and the creative direction? Brandon and Brian were there from the beginning, and they seemed to have been the driving forces in the direction of the brand. So what now? And I do not mean any disrespect to Triumvir and the people working hard to keep it going. I would just like some clear answers... If I didn't care, I wouldn't be here sounding my opinion.
October 31, 2012 @ 02:03 AM
ptoing

didn't mean to open a whole can of worms here...
October 31, 2012 @ 07:14 AM
illsteezy

^Haha too late. But I think it's good. Made people speak up. A lot of people on this forum followed the brand since damn near the beginning so who better else than us. The fact is the brand is just barely starting back up. Things should hopefully improve with time and positive feedback. IMO, pushing canvases was taking a big risk. It's an actual art piece from a clothing brand. Something I don't see from other brands. Not everybody digs art like that, but it's dope to see them cater to the crowd. No shots, but not all of us still live with our parents. Some of us have places of our own and have more to decorate than just one room.

I've been following this lively discussion and would like to respond shortly. Sorry but has been a busy week and weekend which is why I haven't jumped in as of yet. I also have a surprise that was planned for you our HB community back at our meeting so stay tuned troopers...

November 1, 2012 @ 03:24 AM
pngo12

I remember I used to camp out at Triumvir warehouse sales, and buy stupid amounts of shit. All gone now since I've parted ways with it. I do like that they are re-releasing things since it would be nice to pick up some old stuff I used to have. It would be even better if they re-released the fuck your clique shirts. The canvas paintings in my opinion is pretty stupid though, and pillows.... I heard that Karmaloop bought out Triumvir just like they did with Orisue and so if whoever is running Triumvir is spending that money making canvas paintings and pillows.... Damn...
November 1, 2012 @ 10:48 PM
_____

oh my fucking god dat drop. well done triumvir.
November 1, 2012 @ 11:46 PM
iamjerick4life

Another gem off my list to cop.
November 2, 2012 @ 08:10 AM
Torch

@pngo12 Fuck your clique shirt was my favorite from Triumvir. Yea I heard Karmaloop bought out Orisue too. Do you know for how much?
November 2, 2012 @ 03:49 PM
pngo12

I don't know how much. I heard it was a lot. I don't know why they fired Allen though lol.
November 2, 2012 @ 08:06 PM
overtheradar

@frunk and @iamjerick4life - Glad you both like the drop. Here's a better look for everyone else.

Now available: www.triumvir.com

Rebels vs. Renegades ---- www.rebelsvsrenegades.com ---- Turning Dreams Into Reality. One Broken Window at a Time.

Please login first to reply.