[Supreme] – 2012 Official Discussion Thread

March 18, 2012 @ 20:38:37
it was posted as being closely translated to some word that isnt for sure so no not really and of course YOU cant tell me the word

and it was on some glory of god bullshit you really gonna say thats what your hoodie says everytime?

March 18, 2012 @ 20:48:55
Oh. And LDRS is right. They did do an Arabic print before. But it was way back in 97. They did a tee.
March 18, 2012 @ 20:49:22
ugh this thread just gets worse and worse each month.
March 18, 2012 @ 20:57:11
got a LARGE Grey Supreme SDG hoody looking to trade for any color in XL... Also have the white shirt in large, need XL.
March 18, 2012 @ 21:00:51
I hope to god they have a restock monday, i might drive up to LA to get some raws from self edge so I might stop at preme just to see if they have them

SATIRE GANG OR MOW YOUR LAWN FOR FREE

March 18, 2012 @ 21:07:56
lol.. as great as supreme is, how the arabic hoody sold out doesn't make much sense to me.
when you think about it, most people who purchase supreme are from the US. as someone in the US, i would assume that other americans would also be like wtf when they came out with the hoody. at first i thought the arabic meant supreme, which i guess would be okay, but then it's just a print on a sweatshirt. and it doesn't even mean supreme i guess. and out of all languages, arabic? i guess it's a bit.. controversial, and supreme loves to make such pieces.
don't get me wrong. supreme is great at selling simple designs for $$, such as their box logos. but even their box logos are sewn very nicely, and the quality of the sweatshirt is good. so yeah, the arabic hoodies would be nice for their worth of being a sweatshirt, however they shouldn't be hyped.
i'm not being ignorant, i may be generalizing a bit, but supreme is supreme. everyone knows how diehard their "fans" are.
March 18, 2012 @ 21:10:47
CDG>Arabic>Floral>Snakeskin

CDG navy right. I'm gonna bet a large portion of money in 2 weeks. So I think imma make that 45 minute trip to SupLA to get a hoodie.

No lie the black is pretty clean.

Yea the navy is my fav. The black is fucking clean af tho.
March 18, 2012 @ 21:11:46
I like my Arabic hoodie. I read here it meant "glory" and the girl at the 7/11 near my school confirmed it. I was scared it said "stupid American" or something. Although I already got into one argument t the bar over wearing it.
March 18, 2012 @ 21:14:08
To the dude going down in two weeks to get a navy hoodie...really wouldnt bother, almost definitely sold out and if not theres no chance theyll be any in two weeks.

In regards to the best hoodie i dno why everyone is going nuts over the arabic its kinda standard, floral or cdg by far the best this season, atleast they offer something different (nice pattern, reverse box etc) and i have both blushing

So you mean I just gotta get rapped. There won't be any hoodies. I thought they keep some and bring em out little by little. Since all the hoodies dropped already will they be sold out?
March 18, 2012 @ 21:19:24
they definitely had an arabic box logo tshirt

you guys need to understand that not every language has a direct word-for-word, meaning-for-meaning translation to an english word.
March 18, 2012 @ 21:22:29
Originally posted by Inactive User
I still do not get why anyone likes the arabic hoody, or anything arabic for that matter. i mean unless you live in iraq or any of those towelhead countries, its pointless imo. no one can read arabic so they have zero idea wtf you are wearing lol. oh well,w e all got our own opinions

BRO I AGREE. THAT SHIT IS SO STUPID. FUCKIN arab PUSSIES.
OH WELL, ITS SUPREME SO LIKE YOU GOTTA GET IT

I think the Arabic hoodie is nice. Actually it's nicer than a plan box logo hoodie. I mean box logos are boring because it's just a rectangle that says supreme in it in small writing. The arabic hoodie is nice because the writing is bigger and the word in Arabic adds some mistery to it.
March 18, 2012 @ 21:26:17
dat mistery
March 18, 2012 @ 21:26:56
dat mistery
March 18, 2012 @ 21:27:01
can anyone with a floral pullover comment on the difference between the cotton french terry fleece and the regular cotton pullover fleece?

i have the Imperial hoody - is that regular cotton pullover?
it's softer, more plush and more "fuzzy" on the inside
they're about the same thickness, i htink the french terry fleece on the floral is a little better quality - it feels that way imo

also laughing at these people talking about the arabic hoody
was there any doubt that Supreme was gonna sell out just by putting a scribble on a hoody?

I think the regular cotton pullover is more like the F/W 11 box logo or the arabic pullover. So what you're saying is that the terry is a little lighter and softer than the regular cotton?
March 18, 2012 @ 21:28:14
the terry is pretty thin, Ive got the floral and its nice and soft but not as thick as a f/w pullover
March 18, 2012 @ 21:29:28
dat mistery

#minuswell
March 18, 2012 @ 21:38:58
dat mysteri

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

March 18, 2012 @ 22:00:25
and out of all languages, arabic? i guess it's a bit.. controversial, and supreme loves to make such pieces.

Apparently a lot of people just don't seem to GET the Arabic hoodie. It's supposed to be controversial and breaking down barriers because it's in Arabic. It's a political statement, and a slap in the face. I don't see why this is so hard to understand.
March 18, 2012 @ 22:00:46
It's no misteree...there will be no CDG restock.

Fuck Tha Opps...No Love City

March 18, 2012 @ 22:06:25
the terry is pretty thin, Ive got the floral and its nice and soft but not as thick as a f/w pullover

Thats great to hear. I got the navy CDG coming and a thinner pullover will be awesome for the spring season here in NYC.
March 18, 2012 @ 22:09:56
exactly im from NY too, and its perfect for pretty much all spring summer imo, esp night time shit
March 18, 2012 @ 22:17:06
the arabic print says subhan which means hallelujah in arabic.

all ya'll niggas with the arabic hoodie...you're welcome
March 18, 2012 @ 22:25:08
hallelujah is a transliteration of the hebrew word הללויה
הללויה = 'praise Yah'
Yah = shorten form of Yahweh
Yahweh = Jehovah
Jehovah = God of Israel

=> הללויה = "Praise God of Israel"
=> halleluajah = "Praise God of Israel"
=> subhan = "Praise God of Israel"

=> the arabic print = "Praise God of Israel"

but thats just what wikipedia tells me.
March 18, 2012 @ 22:32:08

"Hallelujah...holla back!"

Fuck Tha Opps...No Love City

March 18, 2012 @ 22:32:17
sold my arabic because they sent me the wrong size...really wish i got my size smh

ronnie fieg just posted this

kill

March 18, 2012 @ 22:35:29
soooo. anyone else looking forward to the sand stripe tee?
March 18, 2012 @ 22:43:13
i'm looking forward to this jersey -

anyone got a decent idea of how much itll be? i know they're usually 90-120, correct me if i'm wrong

a bit excited for these clean, simple joints too -

March 18, 2012 @ 23:33:09
lol @ people talking about certain designs (CDG, arab, etc) not being anything special. For the arabic, why would you care if other people know what your hoodie says anyway? and even if you do, you're lame but most people who know what supreme is, know of the hoodie. Plus, the hoodie retailed for 120 which is significantly cheaper than many of their other hoodies (like floral), so clearly the "hype" that you guys are complaining about didnt affect the pricing. As far as the CDG, to the people saying all they did was slap some polka dots and reverse a logo.. wtf else were you expecting them to do? its a hoodie, thats as interesting as a twist would get. In a couple years when these items become highly sought after, most of you fashion police motherfuckers will be copping for rape resale prices anyway.
March 18, 2012 @ 23:50:41
dont start hating on me but any ideas on whats going to drop thursday after last fridays big drop

SLACKY

This topic is locked, replies are no longer accepted.
x